• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
GAME:

Smash Bros trailer starts, a music starts playing...
What music would make you HYPE?

-------------------------

For me , this one:
This:

Everyone is like, OMG It's Geno! He's finally in the game but then something comes next that none of us were expecting....

PapaGenos for Smash!

Edit: papagenos papagenos in case you have not seen this.

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Okay, now THIS is an interesting question:
If you were Sakurai, what third party character(s) would you try and go through to get in Smash?
Good question.

Master Chief
Doomguy
Batman
Shrek
Mickey Mouse
Master Chief
Goku
Vegeta (as an echo of Goku)
Mario
President McKinley
4channer
Guy who only wants to play Melee
Master Chief
Chef Boyardee
that guy from Halo

I think that about covers it.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Good question.

Master Chief
Doomguy
Batman
Shrek
Mickey Mouse
Master Chief
Goku
Mario
President McKinley
4channer
Guy who only wants to play Melee
Master Chief
Chef Boyardee
that guy from Halo

I think that about covers it.
You forgot Red from Angry Birds.

Potato_

Smash Lord
What if they're the edible type of pants you can order from sex shops?
I wonder if they ever made condoms that can also act as fruit rollups

Not gonna ask any questions, just uhh... okay.

Please no.

I'm getting just as sick of that machine as I am Green Hill.

Which it fitting, because the last time we fought it was in ****ing Green Hill barely even a year ago.

You have other memorable Stages and Eggman Bosses than Green Hill, Chemical Plant, Egg Dragoon and the Wrecking Ball, Sonic Team.

I've always been a fan of the Egg Viper myself, but that might just be the SA bias talking.

and the memes

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Please no.

I'm getting just as sick of that machine as I am Green Hill.

Which it fitting, because the last time we fought it was in ****ing Green Hill barely even a year ago.

You have other memorable Stages and Eggman Bosses than Green Hill, Chemical Plant, Egg Dragoon and the Wrecking Ball, Sonic Team.
What about Classic Sonic and the Wisps. Everyone liked Generations and Colours so they must be put into every Sonic game.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
LOZ18 was the first person to leak information about Geno out of all the leaks presented and Verge's claim supports it in count of it is a Square character... He has also leaked Sora, Medusa, Skull Kid, Shadow, Dixie, Elma, and of course a new Pokemon (most likely Incineroar) as well so these are characters that I have been looking out for in leaks.. Otherwise I mostly disregard the leaks.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If you were Sakurai, what third party character(s) would you try and go through to get in Smash?
Does Monster Hunter count? Honestly that's the only one I actually about if that is a 3rd party.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Christian Whitehead and PagodaWest Games have encouraged that, which doesn't help. It's a wonder those two even bothered to give Angel Island a single act in SM+…

Shantae, Rayman, some of the more noteworthy Sonic characters, Goemon, Ryu Hayabusa, Master Higgins, Bonk, Crash/Coco Bandicoot, Ms. Pac-Man, Morrigan, Arthur, Marco Rossi and Fio Germi (with the remaining PF members and Ikari Warriors as skins), Duke Nukem and Earthworm Jim. Those are all the biggest wants on my end, at least.

Give me your best, most absurd predictions for the next Smash direct.
Lay it on me.

Hard mode: You can't say Ken, because that leak is pretty convincing so "duh", and you can't say Incineroar, because I'll have to eat pants if that happens.
Foreman Spike from Wrecking Crew as the last base character reveal.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Brian (Quest 64)
Slime (Dragon Quest)
Rabbids (Rabbids)
Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Agumon (Digimon)
Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Diablos (Final Fantasy VIII)
Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
Max (Shining Force 1)
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Boshi (Super Mario RPG)
Steve? (Minecraft)
Master Chief (Halo)

Can't think of many more, honestly... at least 3rd party-wise.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
LOZ18 was the first person to leak information about Geno out of all the leaks presented and Verge's claim supports it in count of it is a Square character... He has also leaked Sora, Medusa, Skull Kid, Shadow, Dixie, Elma, and of course a new Pokemon (most likely Incineroar) as well so these are characters that I have been looking out for in leaks.. Otherwise I mostly disregard the leaks.
Bro you've said this but I've literally never seen it said

Vergeben.
We are all Vergeben, Toaster.
Correct?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
James Bond Scrooge McDuck Travis Touchdown, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, 2B, Crono, Neku, either Doomguy or Master Chief just because, and Banjo and Geno because of you guys. I want you to be happy.

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
What about Classic Sonic and the Wisps. Everyone liked Generations and Colours so they must be put into every Sonic game.
I'd be fine with Classic Sonic in every game for a while, because I think Mania is the best Sonic game since 1994 and Sega should just ride that wave for at least a few years. The Wisps are fine. I don't need my powerups to have narrative utility.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Lay it on me.

Hard mode: You can't say Ken, because that leak is pretty convincing so "duh", and you can't say Incineroar, because I'll have to eat pants if that happens.
I think there will be a very nice newcomer trailer (>:])

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Lay it on me.

1st Trailer: Elma, KOS-MOS, and T-elos (echo of KOS-MOS) are all revealed. (Probably not going to happen but you wanted absurd)

Shadow and Impa are revealed as echoes.

Spirits Mode is a full scale Adventure Mode like Subspace. (This is absurd)

An actual ranked online (This is REALLY absurd)

Final Trailer: ... Geno is revealed, Mallow as an AT (I throw you Geno/SMRPG fans a bone here)

This makes me sad.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd be fine with Classic Sonic in every game for a while, because I think Mania is the best Sonic game since 1994 and Sega should just ride that wave for at least a few years. The Wisps are fine. I don't need my powerups to have narrative utility.
Plus these little guys feature in the IDW comic, so they're well-treated.

These are getting too good
Hero looks fine, Dark is meme-worthy.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't remember any of this coming from loz18 (except Skull Kid) :S

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
>LOZ 18 was the first person to leak information about geno
>"leaks" about other requseted characters

Care to show the part where Loz dude did leak thi- OH WAIT HE DIDN'T! Seriously, don't trust him and his "leaks" well at least you were disregarding the leaks because dude was bull****ting around after people found out that loz was correct on informations about e3 direct.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What? They're basically the same character, except Goku doesn't have super powers and Vegeta rescues Donkey from Lord Farquaad's men.
This is an incredible sentence I never thought I would have to read with my face eyes.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Dude, you’ve posted stuff like this before. Check. Your. Information. Before. You. Post.
Loz NEVER said half those characters. Please for the love of god, check your information before you post things like this.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
This is either really easy or really difficult for me, since mainly the only remaining characters I'd like are third parties. And in general, I think the ones I want make the most sense for Smash, but I can't completely remove my biases. Banjo & Kazooie (Microsoft) and Crash (Activision) are the big ones. The former is a former Nintendo character, so their lineage is stronger than most third parties, and the latter because Crash is the most iconic platformer not yet in Smash. Both fit in well, move wise, and very popular among the polls.

Outside of that, I think Sora (Disney/Square Enix) is the biggest third party and would create waves with Disney involved. Extra points if I, as Sakurai, could somehow sneak in Disney icons, but not necessary. Rayman (Ubisoft) is another very popular platformer, who's popularity rose during Smash 4 thanks to the fake leak, and Ubisoft would probably be one of the easiest companies to work with. Finally, while my personal Capcom rep is Dante, I feel like Phoenix Wright (Capcom) would be a fan favorite given his position in the polls, as well as his strong history with Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom