• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Theory Theory: The number of theories we've discussed aligns with the number of days left until you nerds will get your monthly info.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Was this talked about yet? (if so then all may promptly ignore this) Crunchii posted another hint
There are a lot of As. Many followed by the letter X. This may look coincidential, but hear me out. What word has an Ax?

Axolotl. And who has a notable connection to the Axolotl, begging to one in his dying words?

yes, that's right. When Bill Cypher said he will return, he meant he will enter the world of Smash Bros.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Not to interrupt a good conversation, but I saw this on 4chan.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/435778826
It's about Mother 3 and Smash Ultimate.
Literally everyone ignored this, but I went and read through. It sounds legit, the guy’s answering everyone’s questions and is writing in a sincere manner. Translating Mother 3 in full for a 15 minute trial sounds just like a Nintendo thing to do. Of course this could easily be fake, but I’m adding it to my folder of leaks to watch.

Was this talked about yet? (if so then all may promptly ignore this) Crunchii posted another hint
Okay that one sounds like he and his cat danced all over his keyboard. Slip the numbers into the code machine if you want I suppose, I’ll be here with my hot chocolate.
Yeah he makes little effort in hiding that it’s Square who’s grumpy, unless there’s like another leak for a different company somewhere we don’t know of.

Again I’ll laugh if the fake KOS-MOS blog leaks actually got things right and Bamco is the one that’s miffed.

I can name some more:
- 2B from NieR Automata
- a Star Ocean character
- Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You
- any Taito character since Square Enix owns them
- Chocobo, apparently
- if you wanna play the mascot route, also Slime and Moogle
- Maxine Caulfield from Life is Strange.
- a FF rep not from VII (Terra? Squall? Noctis?)
Yo Fayt Leingod tho?

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
It doesn't have to be Square Enix, well, it's 90% Square Enix but it can also be, for Example, Sega with Shadow...
We don't know for sure, it's just Capcom that's likely out because he said it's not the Ken leak.

Has Shadow ever been leaked? I remember Gamexplain giving suspicious hints about Shadow and some people suspecting that it was a leak, but I'm not sure.

But yeah, it's most likely Square Enix, but we shouldn't exclude other companies completely because they are still a possibility.

D

Deleted member

Etika himself is an Advance Wars fan
Don't know how you could get more fake than an Etika reaction, but I guess that'd be how you do it. Or would it be so fake that it would wrap around to being genuine?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So Square Enix characters. If we take the music screen to disconfirm any character from the rest of the FF verse, then who's left?

Well there's characters from FF7 itself but Sephiroth wouldn't feel right without one winged angel. Tifa would rock tho.

Of new series there's Geno (who doesn't need a new stage for those who don't believe Corocoro), Sora (assuming licences are sorted out), Dragon Quest characters, Lara Croft from Tomb Raider, Crono from Chrono Trigger and that mobile game people keep mentioning. Grandblue?

Still a lot to pick from.
I can name some more:
- 2B from NieR Automata
- a Star Ocean character
- Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You
- any Taito character since Square Enix owns them
- Chocobo, apparently
- if you wanna play the mascot route, also Slime and Moogle
- Maxine Caulfield from Life is Strange.
- a FF rep not from VII (Terra? Squall? Noctis?)
*no mention of Lenneth Valkyrie or a Mana character*
:(

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Plot twist:
The company is actually Bandai Namco, and the leak in question has to do with a Soul Calibur character, we just haven't been paying attention.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'd just like to ask if anyone here is familiar with The Dark Id. His LP's are hilarious — particularly the Drakengard and NieR games.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
It doesn't have to be Square Enix, well, it's 90% Square Enix but it can also be, for Example, Sega with Shadow...
We don't know for sure, it's just Capcom that's likely out because he said it's not the Ken leak.

Has Shadow ever been leaked? I remember Gamexplain giving suspicious hints about Shadow and some people suspecting that it was a leak, but I'm not sure.

But yeah, it's most likely Square Enix, but we shouldn't exclude other companies completely because they are still a possibility.
Amazingly no, I’ve seen enough fake Shadow leaks to feed the poor but nothing that looks even close to legit. His support is based purely on speculation: his AT being absent, Dark Samus and Isabelle being promoted, and how easy Shadow would be to implement due to his popularity and similarities to Sonic, plus Richter showed everyone that 3rd party echoes are eligible. Based on the notes I personally compiled I think he’s happening, but we’re still waiting on an answer.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
TBH I'd hate 2B in Smash for many reasons.

But here's one.

...you guys know it's NieR...right....like...that's a guy. A character. Yes, contrary to what a lot of reviewers seem to believe, there is a first NieR game and it's brilliant. Wish it got more spotlight.

Such as putting Papa Nier in Smash.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Also food for thought:
Would be cool if the demo at Nintendo Live was in fact upgraded to the most current version, and the E3 demo was (mildly tweaked) and released as a playable demo in the e-Shop.

What would they have to worry about leaking if the roster is fully playable at an event anyway

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Plot twist:
The company is actually Bandai Namco, and the leak in question has to do with a Soul Calibur character, we just haven't been paying attention.
Ngl, I’d be okay with this scenario.
Don't know how you could get more fake than an Etika reaction, but I guess that'd be how you do it. Or would it be so fake that it would wrap around to being genuine?

amazonevan19

Smash Ace

Other than really good fakes, I don't think there's been a Ken level Shadow leak. Nearly all photo leaks of Shadow have been disproven, to my knowledge.

Gamexplain is suspicious though but I don't think Sega would be pissed about Shadow leaking, seeing as he is one of the, if not THE biggest echo fighter picks in the smash community. I think aside from Ken, Shadow is the consensus echo everyone thinks will or should get in.

Given how tight-lipped SE is and the non-disproven (but highly questioned) Geno photo leak, it's probably that. Sora or any other SE character hasn't been leaked in a similar fashion I don't think. Who knows, it could be another company we're not even talking about here, but the signs/hints/hunches are pointing toward SE and Geno.

Edit: Geno leak wasn't disproven lol miswrote that

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Also food for thought:
Would be cool if the demo at Nintendo Live was in fact upgraded to the most current version, and the E3 demo was (mildly tweaked) and released as a playable demo in the e-Shop.
No lie, if we got the E3 demo as our playable demo, I'd be set for the rest of the time until December 7th, whether we could play it indefinitely or only for a set period if limited to a "Testsmash" testing out the online.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But here's one.

...you guys know it's NieR...right....like...that's a guy. A character. Yes, contrary to what a lot of reviewers seem to believe, there is a first NieR game and it's brilliant. Wish it got more spotlight.

I think 2B would be awesome. I know the first Nier is a thing, but honestly 2B’s moveset potential is greater than Nier’s if you ask me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
DB4CC4F2-D608-466B-A2B1-0D3787AA3CB2.jpeg
E105B014-E663-402B-9013-8857D9B2C1C6.png

Opinion disapproved by the Gods

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Plot twist:
Nightmare confirmed.

Your mother? Your actual mother? Might have to think of a yo mama joke for this. Just kidding! I wouldn't do that.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

But here's one.

And the NieR games themselves are spin-offs

....to a high fantasy series :yoshi:

RandomAce

Smash Champion

But here's one.

There are two NieR games?

27E75695-7CC1-4C5A-9981-A84E9321B163.gif

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Other than really good fakes, I don't think there's been a Ken level Shadow leak. Nearly all photo leaks of Shadow have been disproven, to my knowledge.

Gamexplain is suspicious though but I don't think Sega would be pissed about Shadow leaking, seeing as he is one of the, if not THE biggest echo fighter picks in the smash community. I think aside from Ken, Shadow is the consensus echo everyone thinks will or should get in.

Given how tight-lipped SE is and the non-disproven (but highly questioned) Geno photo leak, it's probably that. Sora or any other SE character hasn't been leaked in a similar fashion I don't think. Who knows, it could be another company we're not even talking about here, but the signs/hints/hunches are pointing toward SE and Geno.

Edit: Geno leak wasn't disproven lol miswrote that
That's my point, it's most likely Geno, but still not 100% sure, like 90% sure.
Just don't blind ourselves, because 10% is a small chance, but it still exists.
And by the way, it can still be fake.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I dunno about that Mother 3 leak; seems fake, as I'm not sure if Nintendo would actually look at the fan translation despite it being offered to 'em, but I'll bite.

Thing is, Tansut feels it confirms Vergeben's statement of a character from "that company," so it seems like his source is from Square Enix.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
And the NieR games themselves are spin-offs

....to a high fantasy series :yoshi:
Poor Drakengard fans lol. Good point

I think 2B would be awesome. I know the first Nier is a thing, but honestly 2B’s moveset potential is greater than Nier’s if you ask me.
Nier has an amazing bunch of moveset potential. I personally want him in over 2B, but both have about 0.001% chance of ever happening so

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
This is pretty baseless other than "I love a lot of Square Enix IPs and like to pretend I think I know where they stand in regards to Smash popularity and likelihood."

If we're talking Square Reps, I feel the big 3 are Geno, Sora and Chrono. If we were to get a non-FF Square Rep, I feel those 3 are the top choices, with characters like Neku and Lara and a DQ rep being not THAT far behind.

If we were to go with additional characters from FF7, either Zack as an echo or Tifa/Sephiroth, MAYBE Vincent.

If we're going with other FF characters in general, that's a much tougher list to narrow down, but I'd say Terra, Bartz, Lighting and WoL are the frontrunners there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom