• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If any Square Enix rep should get in its Lara Croft.

Most iconic video game female protagonist and representing the mid 90's. What more is there to say?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Because opinions and ****, fam.
That and I like Nier a lot, and 2B could utilize multiple weapons and Pod abilities.
Oh, and giant mech suit too.
I assumed you meant that she'd represent Square Enix the best out of all those choices, I totally get if you just want her in in general.

If any Square Enix rep should get in its Lara Croft.

Most iconic video game female protagonist and representing the mid 90's. What more is there to say?
Do you understand how many characters can "represent the mid 90's"
Ah yes this is one of the hundreds who represent a 4 year timespan. What a great pick

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Don't know how you could get more fake than an Etika reaction, but I guess that'd be how you do it. Or would it be so fake that it would wrap around to being genuine?
Well I mean I don't doubt a lot of his reactions are played up for his channel but I also don't doubt that he's a really excitable person IRL lol.

And this was the video in question I was talking about. (5:03 is the timestamp)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't think Etika's reactions being fake is an opinion.
It is though
The truth hurts sometimes, I get it.
That ain’t the truth...saying something like “John Cena can’t be loved because he can’t be seen” is sad
OOooOuhuhh!!! OOUHHH KEEEPE EP THE HYPE GOIGNGGN G ITS TIME BOYSSS SOHH HMY YGOD IS THAT A WIAUF OHHH GKEEP THAT HYPE GOING DADDY SAKURAI AA
Normal reaction. People have different reactions, and Etika is a very excitable man

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It is though

That ain’t the truth...saying something like “John Cena can’t be loved because he can’t be seen” is sad

Normal reaction. People have different reactions, and Etika is a very excitable man
I like Etika, I don't watch him but he's funny sometimes and provides good meme material. But you're allowed to criticize some of his faker reactions.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Even if Etika plays up his reaction for show, he's still a good content creator and provides really entertaining reaction videos.

I don't doubt most of these reaction channels are also played up the same way. Some of them are entertaining, others are just cringe worthy.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Doesn't Nintendo have their own translation team?

Why would they be casually leaking and answering questions about Mother 3 on 4chan...?
1) it's fake anyway
2) you say "they" as if it's "nintendo's translation team" and not "some dude from the team that felt like doing it"

Even if Etika plays up his reaction for show, he's still a good content creator and provides really entertaining reaction videos.

I don't doubt most of these reaction channels are also played up the same way. Some of them are entertaining, others are just cringe worthy.
Yeah I bet he's a good dude.
Good people can fake reactions for viral momentum. That's like half of youtube.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

I don't find Etika to be cringy, but that's most likely because I'm still a foolish, and unwise millennial, who doesn't know better.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
1) it's fake anyway
2) you say "they" as if it's "nintendo's translation team" and not "some dude from the team that felt like doing it"
*shrug* one reply makes it seem like at least two people from the team are replying, but of course they're anons.

Yeah, I know, it's fake anyway, I was just willing to give it some attention.

c'mon Reggie

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So because I've been sick the last two days with some sort of stomach bug, I finally decided to take time away from Kingdom Hearts and look at what may be ahead of us going forward with Smash, and the blog/new updates.

The remaining characters for the blog are : :ultyoshi::ultluigi::ultmewtwo::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultrobin:ultroy::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultzss::ultdiddy::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultlucas::ultzelda::ultfalco: (I could have sworn Falco was up there at some point, but whatever, according to the website he hasn't been).

We have 35 weekdays (blog post days) until launch, including launch day. Of those days, at least one day per week will be devoted to Music and a stage. Because we have a total of 7 weeks left, we should get 7 new music tracks, which takes down the updates potentially for a character to 28.

If we, for example, get Incineroar and Ken, they could very well get updated in the same day similarly to the way Simon, Richter, and K.Rool were updated in. They were meant to be the same day I think, but it got messed up? Or something, Idk. If not, then Ken and Incineroar could be separate days 9assuming they're in). Then there's the issue of the SE character existing. They could also get revealed with Ken and Incineroar, or on a separate day on their own. Who knows?

IF, and that's IF, all characters are to be covered prior to the launch of the game, then that would be 16 days devoted to veterans. That takes us down to a total of 12 updates.

Obviously, that can be filled in with things we don't yet know about. There are still Pokemon and Assist Trophies coming from the previous Direct, and I wouldn't be surprised if those continue to be shown off.

All in all, if they're planning on ending the blog updates with all characters already revealed, then I'd expect some weeks of 2, some of 3. I would be surprised at a week of 4 characters, but I wouldn't entirely rule it out.

Basically, if it wasn't already doubted, I don't know that blog theory has much to stand on at this rate.

I would also say, as unfortunate as it might be to say it, that the longer it takes for us to get a new Direct, the more likely I believe Box theory to be. IT'S NOT THAT I WANT IT TO BE REAL, BUT I'M SIMPLY SAYING.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
*shrug* one reply makes it seem like at least two people from the team are replying, but of course they're anons.

Yeah, I know, it's fake anyway, I was just willing to give it some attention.

c'mon Reggie
okay
two people who felt like doing it

One of them is Bill Trinen.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah I bet he's a good dude.
Good people can fake reactions for viral momentum. That's like half of youtube.
Methinks Etika was responsible for creating or at least popularizing the "Smash Bros Reaction" video genre on YT that became really popular after Mewtwo's reveal in late-2014.

Others try to be like him but it comes off as so lame and forced.

D

Deleted member

So because I've been sick the last two days with some sort of stomach bug, I finally decided to take time away from Kingdom Hearts and look at what may be ahead of us going forward with Smash, and the blog/new updates.

The remaining characters for the blog are : :ultyoshi::ultluigi::ultmewtwo::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultrobin:ultroy::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultzss::ultdiddy::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultlucas::ultzelda::ultfalco: (I could have sworn Falco was up there at some point, but whatever, according to the website he hasn't been).

We have 35 weekdays (blog post days) until launch, including launch day. Of those days, at least one day per week will be devoted to Music and a stage. Because we have a total of 7 weeks left, we should get 7 new music tracks, which takes down the updates potentially for a character to 28.

If we, for example, get Incineroar and Ken, they could very well get updated in the same day similarly to the way Simon, Richter, and K.Rool were updated in. They were meant to be the same day I think, but it got messed up? Or something, Idk. If not, then Ken and Incineroar could be separate days 9assuming they're in). Then there's the issue of the SE character existing. They could also get revealed with Ken and Incineroar, or on a separate day on their own. Who knows?

IF, and that's IF, all characters are to be covered prior to the launch of the game, then that would be 16 days devoted to veterans. That takes us down to a total of 12 updates.

Obviously, that can be filled in with things we don't yet know about. There are still Pokemon and Assist Trophies coming from the previous Direct, and I wouldn't be surprised if those continue to be shown off.

All in all, if they're planning on ending the blog updates with all characters already revealed, then I'd expect some weeks of 2, some of 3. I would be surprised at a week of 4 characters, but I wouldn't entirely rule it out.

Basically, if it wasn't already doubted, I don't know that blog theory has much to stand on at this rate.

I would also say, as unfortunate as it might be to say it, that the longer it takes for us to get a new Direct, the more likely I believe Box theory to be. IT'S NOT THAT I WANT IT TO BE REAL, BUT I'M SIMPLY SAYING.
What if the blog continues updating for a bit after the game releases? That's one idea I never see discussed.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Has Shadow ever been leaked? I remember Gamexplain giving suspicious hints about Shadow and some people suspecting that it was a leak, but I'm not sure.
I think it's very possible Shadow could be pretty much the poster boy for Echo Fighter DLC once that begins. He's popular enough of a choice that people would buy him. And kind of controversial enough that leaving him only as an option to others who don't particularly like him to not buy him.

Bonus points though if they decide to do a thing where many echo fighters are often packaged with (Though you'll certainly have the option to just buy the unique/semi-clone character without the echo I imagine) either another character from the same series and/or some kind of theme that is not an echo to make the package feel like two characters for the price of one.

Shadow as an echo can very well come with a Tails semi-clone as a general Sonic fanservice DLC package. A win-win for both of these characters fanbases that are the strongest contenders for more Sonic characters. And even a win for those who aren't fond enough of Sonic to add two more characters in to just not buy them.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Falco was up but for some reason his update was dropped from the English site.

He was up already though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I like Etika, I don't watch him but he's funny sometimes and provides good meme material. But you're allowed to criticize some of his faker reactions.
His “faker” reactions are more so of him getting easily excited due to him being programmed that way. Example, Etika didn’t know why he was getting hyped over Isabelle while wanting to play an Animal Crossing game for the Switch...and especially him crying over Pyra/Mythra and Tharja...now that's something he didn’t fake
This is not
Etika is it
I'm a foolish and unwise millennial, who doesn't know better.
Nah you know exactly what’s better for you
You say that but Bill legitimately leaked Snake the day before the "Everyone is Here" trailer dropped lol.
Wait for real

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192

One thing I want to point out is that we did indeed have a Falco post, way back in early July, right after Sonic. Otherwise, replace his icon in your post with Bayonetta, and it is accurate.

Otherwise, this is very sound reasoning in my opinion.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

I mean we got 5 characters in the 8.8 Direct. I'm not sure why that can't happen again here.

2/3 Echoes, Ken, Shadow, maybe Dixie.
2/3 newcomers, Incineroar, SE rep, maybe Steve.

Don't know what the timeframe's got to do with it. But I've also just tried to forget box theory lol.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wait for real
Yeah he went on Twitter and replied to comment about some guy mentioning MGS4 being a decade old and feeling old about it. Bill's response was "you'll feel even older tomorrow" and when he was asked if he just leaked Snake, he tried to backtrack even though everyone knew what he was talking about lol.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
What if the blog continues updating for a bit after the game releases? That's one idea I never see discussed.
Honestly, I totally expect the blog to continue updating after Ultimate's release. It might be Nintendo's way of cushioning the wait between DLC drops, especially if they continue the same trend of dropping a single blog post a day.

Something to consider at least anyway. :)

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah he went on Twitter and replied to comment about some guy mentioning MGS4 being a decade old and feeling old about it. Bill's response was "you'll feel even older tomorrow" and when he was asked if he just leaked Snake, he tried to backtrack even though everyone knew what he was talking about lol.
Bill is awesome lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom