• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But you see... Cardboard Box. Therefore only 2 left.
To be fair tho, the more time passes on without any Smash info, the more the Box Theory gains traction.

Which is a pretty scary thought really. :scared:

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
A character from each series with a character rep in Smash...name a newcomer you’d like to see

EX: :ultmario:-Geno and :ultlink:-...Linkle
Super Mario: Geno
Legend of Zelda: Skull Kid
Donkey Kong: Dixie
Kirby: Bandana Dee
Yoshi: Kamek
Star Fox: Slippy
Pokémon: Incineroar
Earthbound/Mother: Porky Minch
F-Zero: Black Shadow
Fire Emblem: Celica
Kid Icarus: Medusa
Wario: Kat and Ana
Metroid: Sylux
Metal Gear: Raiden
Sonic: Shadow
Pikmin: Louie
Animal Crossing: Tom Nook
Mega Man: Proto Man
Punch-Out!!: King Hippo
Xenoblade: Elma
Street Fighter: Chun-Li
Final Fantasy: Sephiroth
Bayonetta: Jeanne
Castlevania: Sypha Belnades (from Dracula’s Curse, a sorceress that uses elemental magic)

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Still don't understand why Bix theory is brought up when the real box has already been leaked
View attachment 170822

Trash tier opinion when brother nier is superior

I don't see how this is relevant though. The original Nier is an incredible game. Nier Automata is also an incredible game. I love them both dearly. However, I feel that Automata is a superior game overall and on a personal note 2B's story really deeply affected me. Automata is one of the best games of all time.

I mean, you'll have no complaints from me if they add Nier or 2B, like generally speaking people who are Nier fans like both games. Right?
still don't understand why people bring up that box when that joke has already been repeated here 69 times :4pacman:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Still don't understand why Bix theory is brought up when the real box has already been leaked
View attachment 170822

I don't see how this is relevant though. The original Nier is an incredible game. Nier Automata is also an incredible game. I love them both dearly. However, I feel that Automata is a superior game overall and on a personal note 2B's story really deeply affected me. Automata is one of the best games of all time.

I mean, you'll have no complaints from me if they add Nier or 2B, like generally speaking people who are Nier fans like both games. Right?
What a box, truly Ultimate. ;)

Real talk about Nier, I actually never played the original, only Automata. Still a wonderful game though, and if 2B made it in, I'd welcome her into Ultimate (she was my favorite character in the game personally). The music would be amazing, plus with Keiichi Okabe being among the composers now, it would be pretty cool if more of his music made it in. :love:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
View attachment 170822

I'm just biased and want Papa Nier over anything lol
Or Kaine, based

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Okay so let’s say hypothetically there’s 2 unique newcomers and 3 echoes left to show off in a final direct.

Who do you think they’ll be?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Literally everyone ignored this, but I went and read through. It sounds legit, the guy’s answering everyone’s questions and is writing in a sincere manner. Translating Mother 3 in full for a 15 minute trial sounds just like a Nintendo thing to do. Of course this could easily be fake, but I’m adding it to my folder of leaks to watch.
See, that's what I can't get over. I'm not a MAJOR Mother 3 fan: I have thoroughly enjoyed Earthbound, but I could never get into Mother 3 and Mother 1 was really hard, but I checked on some of the questions he answered like the Japanese L and R sounds. It all checks out, as far as I can tell, and the stuff he's talking about sounds like something Nintendo would do.

Edit: and to add to that, some of the things he mentioned even Tomato talked about

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But what if the final character is shown off in it's own trailer in a solo reveal?
In all seriousness, the only way that was gonna happen IMO is if they did a surprise trailer drop like two weeks ago. We're nearly two weeks from being a month out from release, so we're pretty late in the game now. With how Nintendo's revealed things in the past, one last Direct is what makes the most sense to me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
We'll need one week of four and two weeks of three, with the rest being weeks of two (four weeks), for the box theory to be correct - assuming they stop on release day.

Previously I goofed and mixed up numbers.

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Okay so let’s say hypothetically there’s 2 unique newcomers and 3 echoes left to show off in a final direct.

Geno, Incin, Ken, Shadow, Dixie, with Banjo and Steve in a Microsoft themed DLC bundle down the road.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
See, that's what I can't get over. I'm not a MAJOR Mother 3 fan: I have thoroughly enjoyed Earthbound, but I could never get into Mother 3 and Mother 1 was really hard, but I checked on some of the questions he answered like the Japanese L and R sounds. It all checks out, as far as I can tell, and the stuff he's talking about sounds like something Nintendo would do.

Edit: and to add to that, some of the things he mentioned even Tomato talked about
Yeah it’s a real puzzler. Luckily we won’t have to wait long to get our answer. Will be funny if Sakurai pulls another Ashley and just randomly shows Mother 3 among other Masterpieces in the next Direct.

Should this be true, I wonder if they’d bother translating an early Fire Emblem game like Mystery of the Emblem.

D

Deleted member

We'll need one week of four and one week of three, with the rest being weeks of two, for the box theory to be correct - assuming they stop on release day.
That's a lot of specific events needing to happen in a certain way. It would kinda be insane if it did play out that way, TBH.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

69. Incineroar
70. Geno

60E. Ken
36E. Dixie Kong
38E. Shadow

Honorable Mentions: Elma, RH Rep, Steve, Alex, Medusa

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That's a lot of specific events needing to happen in a certain way. It would kinda be insane if it did play out that way, TBH.
Yep - also, I edited my post as I forgot to include Bayonetta, so it's two weeks of three. If we get more than two weeks of three, a week of one, or more than one week of four, Box Theory can't rely on the blogs at least.

edit: technically, after doing more calculations, we could get one week of one, and no weeks of four, if we get only one week of two and five of three, or three weeks of two and four of three. So, actually, this is hard and confusing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Unique:
-PSY
-Winnie the Pooh

Echo:
-Homura Akemi
-Star Butterfly
-Ken

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Doesn't leave much to speculate with since Verge has mentioned 2 uniques and 1 echo. Outside of Verge's rumors, and picking two echoes, Shadow then Dixie is the most likely.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yoko Taro's games outside of Automata are pretty crap on the gameplay side
Well that's really because he's a good writer that's stuck working with some really ****ty developers.

In fact, Platinum seems to be his only good one thus far and one that's quite compatible considering before they found each other, they were apparently in pretty dire straits.

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I'm down to like, five characters pretty much.

69. Elma
70. Incineroar
71. Geno

38E. Shadow
60E. Ken

This list doesn't really relate to any question or topic. I'm just throwing it out there.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
We'll need one week of four and two weeks of three, with the rest being weeks of two (four weeks), for the box theory to be correct - assuming they stop on release day.

Previously I goofed and mixed up numbers.
What...huh?

Ok ok let me illustrate what is more likely because you're confusing me here. I'll go with box theory, even though I have an inkling we will get 1-2 more than that. So 18 characters over 7 weeks.

Week of Oct 22: :ultbayonetta::ultdiddy::ultlittlemac:
Week of Oct 29: :ultlucas::ultluigi: and let's just say direct this week so Friday is Incineroar
Week of Nov 5: Monday is Ken, :ultyoshi::ultzelda:
Week of Nov 12::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultmetaknight:
Week of Nov 19: :ultgnw::ultolimar: (shorter week because Thanks Giving??? Idk)
Week of Nov 26: :ultrosalina::ultrobin:
Week of Release: :ultzss::ultpacman:

So strictly following Box (which I'm only using as an example) we can have 4 weeks of 3 and 3 of 2. That's more realistic to what we've received especially recently.

Sorry for that, but I hope that makes it look more realistic than crazy patterns lol

Yep - also, I edited my post as I forgot to include Bayonetta, so it's two weeks of three. If we get more than two weeks of three, a week of one, or more than one week of four, Box Theory can't rely on the blogs at least.

edit: technically, after doing more calculations, we could get one week of one, and no weeks of four, if we get only one week of two and five of three, or three weeks of two and four of three. So, actually, this is hard and confusing.
There are a lot of combinations. There is no way to predict remaining characters using blog updates.

However you can look and see that box theory fits a realistic idea of updating all characters before release.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm down to like, five characters pretty much.

69. Elma
70. Incineroar
71. Geno

38E. Shadow
60E. Ken

This list doesn't really relate to any question or topic. I'm just throwing it out there.
I'd be satisfied with that. Maybe no Medusa or Banjo but at lest Elma is there, that and I can keep hoping for those two through DLC.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Even if none of its characters are in Smash*, they should just throw in Genealogy of the Holy War.

*Arvis is voiced by Xander Mobus
Oh I’d much rather Genealogy be translated, I just said Mystery because it sold well originally and is Marth’s game (well the first remake of it anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom