• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah he went on Twitter and replied to comment about some guy mentioning MGS4 being a decade old and feeling old about it. Bill's response was "you'll feel even older tomorrow" and when he was asked if he just leaked Snake, he tried to backtrack even though everyone knew what he was talking about lol.
Well then...atleast Reggie and Sakurai can’t kill one of their own

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Yeah he went on Twitter and replied to comment about some guy mentioning MGS4 being a decade old and feeling old about it. Bill's response was "you'll feel even older tomorrow" and when he was asked if he just leaked Snake, he tried to backtrack even though everyone knew what he was talking about lol.
Huh, I haven't heard about this until now. That's interesting, and quite humorous.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Remaining characters on the base roster. Incineroar, Steve, and MAYBE Isaac as the last original characters, Ken and Shadow (Felix as well if Isaac's in) are the remaining Echo's. Geno as the first DLC character announced. That's my prediction.
Bill is awesome lmao
Bill is a gift to humanity man.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Like the bad guy from Lethal Weapon 2, Bill has diplomatic immunity. :shades:
Daddy Sakurai, Regginator, Bullet Bill...the Nintendo Triforce (with Miyamoto and Iwata as their masters)

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So because I've been sick the last two days with some sort of stomach bug, I finally decided to take time away from Kingdom Hearts and look at what may be ahead of us going forward with Smash, and the blog/new updates.

The remaining characters for the blog are : :ultyoshi::ultluigi::ultmewtwo::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultrobin:ultroy::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultzss::ultdiddy::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultlucas::ultzelda::ultfalco: (I could have sworn Falco was up there at some point, but whatever, according to the website he hasn't been).

We have 35 weekdays (blog post days) until launch, including launch day. Of those days, at least one day per week will be devoted to Music and a stage. Because we have a total of 7 weeks left, we should get 7 new music tracks, which takes down the updates potentially for a character to 28.

If we, for example, get Incineroar and Ken, they could very well get updated in the same day similarly to the way Simon, Richter, and K.Rool were updated in. They were meant to be the same day I think, but it got messed up? Or something, Idk. If not, then Ken and Incineroar could be separate days 9assuming they're in). Then there's the issue of the SE character existing. They could also get revealed with Ken and Incineroar, or on a separate day on their own. Who knows?

IF, and that's IF, all characters are to be covered prior to the launch of the game, then that would be 16 days devoted to veterans. That takes us down to a total of 12 updates.

Obviously, that can be filled in with things we don't yet know about. There are still Pokemon and Assist Trophies coming from the previous Direct, and I wouldn't be surprised if those continue to be shown off.

All in all, if they're planning on ending the blog updates with all characters already revealed, then I'd expect some weeks of 2, some of 3. I would be surprised at a week of 4 characters, but I wouldn't entirely rule it out.

Basically, if it wasn't already doubted, I don't know that blog theory has much to stand on at this rate.

I would also say, as unfortunate as it might be to say it, that the longer it takes for us to get a new Direct, the more likely I believe Box theory to be. IT'S NOT THAT I WANT IT TO BE REAL, BUT I'M SIMPLY SAYING.
With 16 left I could see us getting 4-5 more in the direct, 20-21 so 3 a week, with maybe the last week only being 2 due to the release on Friday?

Also it's honestly not just the box theory anymore. Im not expecting more than 3 characters in the direct and I don't see us getting any more reveals outside of a direct. Not a lot of time left.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Speaking of blog posts, my gut instinct tells me that :ultbayonetta: might be shown on Halloween itself, as out of all the remaining vets yet to be covered, she makes the most sense to show off that day (especially since all of the Castlevania stuff has already been discussed).

There is a slight possibility for :ultluigi: though, especially if the blog wants to reference Luigi's Mansion in his post. Any thoughts about if this sounds possible or farfetched?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Speaking of blog posts, my gut instinct tells me that :ultbayonetta: might be shown on Halloween itself, as out of all the remaining vets yet to be covered, she makes the most sense to show off that day (especially since all of the Castlevania stuff has already been discussed).

There is a slight possibility for :ultluigi: though, especially if the blog wants to reference Luigi's Mansion in his post. Any thoughts about if this sounds possible or farfetched?
if anything Luigi will be last. (even after any other newcomers and or boxes)

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
if anything Luigi will be last. (even after any other newcomers and or boxes)
I could totally see that being the case honestly. Despite having a year to his name, Luigi still seems to get the short end of the stick a lot of the time from Nintendo. :lol:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, we have 15 veterans left for the blog.

To have everyone by release day, we'll need weeks of only one fighter (including yet to be revealed characters).

edit: I dun goofed, and mixed up my thoughts. I mean more than 3 fighters. At least one week of 4 if only two newcomers left.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I could totally see that being the case honestly. Despite having a year to his name, Luigi still seems to get the short end of the stick a lot of the time from Nintendo. :lol:
Yet Luigi still gets treated better than Captain Falcon

To have everyone by release day, we'll need weeks of only one fighter.
so a Fighter a day per blog week alongside the usual weekly music...even with newcomers and reveal trailers being accounted for...maybe

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

To have everyone by release day, we'll need weeks of only one fighter (including yet to be revealed characters).
1. We have 16 left

2. Uh what? Why would we need a week of only one fighter? We could easily have multiple weeks of 2.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
1. We have 16 left

2. Uh what? Why would we need a week of only one fighter? We could easily have multiple weeks of 2.
Falco is already on the blog, so 15.

I counted weeks of two only, so we need weeks of one. If we only get two per week, there's no room for remaining newcomers. We'd actually need one week of three to fit just the veterans.

edit: I goofed my numbers, we need weeks of more than 3.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Actually, not sure what I'm thinking. We actually need weeks of more than three fighters, I must've mixed up my counts with earlier counts, as I goofed and thought I left off a week. Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
No, we actually have 16 left. Bayonetta is still left to be shown off in addition to the others.
Well then, nevermind me.

Speaking of characters who haven't been shown off yet, I'm suprised Zelda hasn't gotten a post yet. Her redesign was a pretty big highlight for the Zelda series representation.

I'm also suprised Olimar and Rosa are taking this long too.

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
In alphabetical order, this is who we have left for the blog to cover:

:ultbayonetta::ultdiddy::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultrobin::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultyoshi::ultzelda::ultzss:

Just to avoid any confusion. :)

Well then, nevermind me.

Speaking of characters who haven't been shown off yet, I'm suprised Zelda hasn't gotten a post yet. Her redesign was a pretty big highlight for the Zelda series representation.

I'm also suprised Olimar and Rosa are taking this long too.
That's okay, I just want to set the record straight. No harm done.

I've been keeping track of all the blog posts on my own anyway, so I can easily refer to my records if any discrepancies show up. ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My theory is that the final characters will be shown off in a Direct before the game comes out.

It's foolproof. :4pacman:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Still don't understand why Bix theory is brought up when the real box has already been leaked
box_theory.gif

TBH I'd hate 2B in Smash for many reasons.

But here's one.

...you guys know it's NieR...right....like...that's a guy. A character. Yes, contrary to what a lot of reviewers seem to believe, there is a first NieR game and it's brilliant. Wish it got more spotlight.

Such as putting Papa Nier in Smash.
Trash tier opinion when brother nier is superior

I don't see how this is relevant though. The original Nier is an incredible game. Nier Automata is also an incredible game. I love them both dearly. However, I feel that Automata is a superior game overall and on a personal note 2B's story really deeply affected me. Automata is one of the best games of all time.

I mean, you'll have no complaints from me if they add Nier or 2B, like generally speaking people who are Nier fans like both games. Right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom