• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well in other news, the Retron 5 is a piece of trash.
Who do you guys think have the best artwork / character poses? I personally really like Captain Falcon, Shulk, Simon and Snake. I think I like Corrin’s character pose the least.
I like Link, Samus, Snake, Simon, Bayonetta, Marth, Shulk, Captain Falcon, Mega Man, Cloud, Lucario, Pit, Kirby, Ike, Ganondorf, Ridley, Ice Climbers, and Mewtwo.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I was arguing for no/minimal cuts well before "Everyone is here!". That trailer felt goooooooddddd

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
There's totally gonna be cuts guys! My bets on Luigi.

Oh how wrong we were.
To be fair we didn't know Everyone is Here was gonna be a thing, but it's still funny looking back.
It's especially funny looking back at me. While everybody was wondering who'd get cut, I was actively hoping for a port rather than a sequel so that nobody from Smash 4 would get cut.

:rotfl:

Oh, how young and naive I was back then... 5 months ago.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I honsestly thought Cloud was getting the boot.
But mainly due to Square Enix's volatile nature if anything.
I'm still happy he's in. And Even happier that he's nerfed.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Sakurai doesn't go to a company and say "what character do you want in smash?". It's his game. He asks a company for a character he wants. The company then says yes or no. What does SE get out of Geno in smash? Obviously money. it's not all about advertising.
But wouldn't Square get far more money by putting in a more relevant and well-known character? There are no games that Geno is in coming out or have come out recently that could be promoted.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
The fact that the Superstar Ultra remake didn't have the Geno cameo anymore makes me think that Nintendo doesn't have the licence anymore.
It's that or they just negotiated it for Smash Bros. I don't think that remake was in consideration in 2015.
It'd be just for Super Smash Bros, that's typically how licensing characters work, it's just for the game or games in the agreement and that's it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Don't forget that Sakurai also likes to be approached by companies for their characters requests.

That's how Snake and Sonic got in, and how Megaman didn't make it to Brawl, Capcom never approached Sakurai.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Oh god, same, HAHAHAHA remember when we though Springman was a lock.

Also, I'm still lmaoing at people saying that Cloud was obviously going to get cut.
I remember when I was strongly vocal concerning my opinion on the likelihood of a no-cut scenario.

osby

Smash Obsessed
But wouldn't Square get far more money by putting in a more relevant and well-known character? There are no games that Geno is in coming out or have come out recently that could be promoted.
Capcom and SEGA agreed putting Mega Man and Bayonetta in despite there were more relevant/popular characters.

Square Enix is a different beast, but not every third party have promote something. :ultbayonetta: and :ultsnake: kinda did but that's it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well well well

I like where this is going

But I'd also like to put out there it isn't necessarily a picture leak. I think the other possibility is the leaky pandy leak, unless tatsu-whatever knows it was a picture leak

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was a strong believer that the we wouldn't get any cuts from the 3DS or Wii U version. The idea of scrapping all the hard work they put into Smash 4's development just because a shinier new console came their way seemed silly to me, especially when there wasn't a significant difference in power between the Switch and Wii U.

But Pokemon Trainer returning? I honestly did not see that coming. Ivysaur was my ballot vote, but I never believed they had any chance of returning. I thought we Trainer fans would just get solo Squirtle if we were really lucky and that Ivy would be left in the dirt, and Sakurai interviews made me think that transforming characters were a thing of the past, but yet here we are.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

But I'd also like to put out there it isn't necessarily a picture leak. I think the other possibility is the leaky pandy leak, unless tatsu-whatever knows it was a picture leak
LeakyPandy puts too much trust in their sources, assuming they're even real, and if we take that guy who worked for SE into account, we're either getting Geno or Sora, as he knew "characters" from a leak claiming "Sora, Mallow, and Geno" wouldn't be in when it was shared on ResetEra, and then he disappeared off the face of the internet.

Apparently Spawn Wave also mentioned the VGA's before LeakyPandy did as well, though I don't know which video, but it wasn't brought up that they mentioned the nominee with legal issues...

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I was arguing for no/minimal cuts well before "Everyone is here!". That trailer felt goooooooddddd
Normally I'd be disappointed, because having every veteran return means fewer newcomers. However, there are already so many awesome characters in at this point that it doesn't matter too much to me.

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I'll never understand the argument that we should be getting characters that will "shake things up" rather highly requested ones. People want to see characters they have an emotional attachment to get in. If you want a "shake up" so bad just buy yourself a vibrator.
Geno himself has little demand outside of hardcore 90's kids; literally any Final Fantasy protagonist would blow him out of the water big time. Or Sora.
I didn't say I hate him or would be mad if he got in; I'd just personally prefer a more unexpected character at this point in time and would find Geno's inclusion to be mildly disappointed.

The fact that people actually compare Geno, a side character from a single spinoff game, to two major and iconic villains of their respective series is just asinine. Face it, people. Your immense desire for Geno to become playable has blinded you from reality. If Geno does get in, it will be for the same reason that Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus got a lot of new characters in Smash 4 (Sakurai bias). Waluigi is more relevant, popular, and well-known than Geno, but he's only an Assist Trophy again.
Holy **** I feel like I'm on gamefaqs.
>Robin was the only unique FE character planned for most of Smash 4's development; Lucina was a promoted alt costume (same deal with Palutena and Dark Pit; everybody expected Palutena, DP was an alt promoted at the last minute)
>Roy was added so they could have a hype Melee veteran alongside Lucas, with Roy being the most popular after Mewtwo (and pretty much entirely due to Smash at that)
>Corrin would've been a promotional-based character no mater what; the fact that Fates had released in Japan but hadn't in the West was considered ideal timing, and even Sakurai was initially against their inclusion until he was presented with their moveset potential.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master

He said he didn't know but thinks that only a picture leak would stir up square enix.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Bayonetta is a weird case, since she's a psuedo second party character. Hell, Nintendo's sales reports even count the series as second party.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Geno himself has little demand outside of hardcore 90's kids; literally any Final Fantasy protagonist would blow him out of the water big time. Or Sora.
I didn't say I hate him or would be mad if he got in; I'd just personally prefer a more unexpected character at this point in time and would find Geno's inclusion to be mildly disappointed.
I'm not a nineties kid and I want Geno.
Am I a Unicorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom