• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm guessing at least 6 no reveals of anything myself.

But it's something to keep in mind.
I suppose
Nah fam you gotta up your game

:ultpit::ultdarkpit: will revive their feud but adding :ultlink::ultwolf: to the fued

Then Pit goes on to win the Royal Rumble and facing his greatest foe: :ultpichu:
And they all lose to Roman Reigns cause oooh aaah
Did y'all see the Geno leak?! Like...I hope it's real. He looks great!
What leak?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
What? People are divided on SMTIV?
Yes because some feel it harkens too much to 1 (which is an aspect I like) or that it isn't as nuaunced as 3, opinions generally range on it being the literal worst to some really liking it like myself.

There is also the blind annoyance from mainstream critics that some people like to parrot that it wasn't "Persona" enough which is likely why 4A is so weird in comparison.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Add Monokuma
Stage: Class Trial

Starts in a normal school but as soon as someone takes a stock everyone has to figure out who did it and if people get it right they get executed but if they get it wrong everyone else but them gets executed

Now it's up to you to figure out if I mean the character or the player when I say "they get executed"

Please and thank you Sakurai

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yes because some feel it harkens too much to 1 (which is an aspect I like) or that it isn't as nuaunced as 3, opinions generally range on it being the literal worst to some really liking it like myself.

There is also the blind annoyance from mainstream critics that some people like to parrot that it wasn't "Persona" enough which is likely why 4A is so weird in comparison.
Mainstream critics really needs to learn Shin Megami Tensei and Persona are different things. They are like Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario at this point, no need to draw constant comparisons just because ATLUS USA changed a few titles.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Add Monokuma

Starts in a normal school but as soon as someone takes a stock everyone has to figure out who did it and if people get it right they get executed but if they get it wrong everyone else but them gets executed

Now it's up to you to figure out if I mean the character or the player when I say "they get executed"

Final Smash: Punishment Time!!!

Stage Hazard: Genocide Jack, who appears for a few moments to cut up the fighters. But only the male ones...

Assist Trophy: Makoto Naegi, who heals whoever summoned him with the power of HOPE

D

Deleted member

Yep. Not as much as Apocalypse, but it was still a divisive title.
I though IV was generally well revived by a lot of people. The only negative backlash I saw were reviewers who didn't know what they were talking about and that one guy on the SMT reddit. Toxic-something was his name. Didn't know people were this split on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Mainstream critics really needs to learn Shin Megami Tensei and Persona are different things. They are like Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario at this point, no need to draw constant comparisons just because ATLUS USA changed a few titles.
At least with P5 and such, it's dropped the SMT part of the title.

Meanwhile I'm that weirdo in the main SMT series who adores 4, 1 and Devil Survivor the most lmao.

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
What do people think of Stage Morphing by the way?

It's not that how the game would run when its enabled (pretty sure it would have some slowdowns), I'm just curious how people are even gonna use it? Maybe if only they had different transitions when the stage morphs into another, different colors or patterns or the stage its on transforms and glitches to another stage.

I dunno, just like to share a few ideas.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, trying to get a journalist to their job properly is like trying to teach a pig how to fly at this point lol.

Meanwhile I'm that weirdo in the main SMT series who adores 4, 1 and Devil Survivor the most lmao.
I like IV as well. A shame that some people don't.

Noipoi

Howdy!

It's not that how the game would run when it enabled (pretty sure it would have some slowdowns), I'm just curious how people are even gonna use it? Maybe if only they had different transitions when the stage morphs into another, different colors or patterns or the stage its on transforms and glitches to another stage.

I'm gonna use it a lot. I wanna see how many weird transitions I can do.

osby

Smash Obsessed

They dropped it since Persona 4 Golden but it flew under a lot of people's radars.

Also, Devil Survivor (first game, at least) is really underrated imo. I can't fault people for being turned off by art style but it had really cool mechanics and story.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

It's not that how the game would run when its enabled (pretty sure it would have some slowdowns), I'm just curious how people are even gonna use it? Maybe if only they had different transitions when the stage morphs into another, different colors or patterns or the stage its on transforms and glitches to another stage.

It's a pure party mode and I can't wait to see what weird and fun battles can be had on the wildest combos. It could also be fun to transition from a weird stage to Final Destination for the final minute of a fight. Hardcore mode.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I feel like its bound to have a few bugs and glitches, but Its interesting to see it first hand though. I wonder how certain combinations such as big and small stages will go, or scrolling stages and whatnot.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Pretty sure a decent chunk of the SMT community would ***** about it because of the divide on SMT4 opinion wise.
Pretty sure a decent chunk of the SMT community would ***** about just about anything; that said, I would find it funny if they were able to finagle a Flynn Echo out of Yu or something (albeit being able to use katanas is kind of the beginning and end of their similarities; SMT protags I don't believe have any signature demons or anything, which is a double-edged sword-- feasibly Yu could switch between multiple Personas as well, but Atlus hardcore pushes him exclusively with Izanagi. ...A cruel way around things would be to shackle Flynn to a thunder-based demon).

They dropped it since Persona 4 Golden but it flew under a lot of people's radars.

Also, Devil Survivor (first game, at least) is really underrated imo. I can't fault people for being turned off by art style but it had really cool mechanics and story.
GDI Devil Survivor is in my backlog, along with way too many other things. ...Maybe if I spent more time playing games instead of talking about them on forums...

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna use it a lot. I wanna see how many weird transitions I can do.
Yeah, have different types of transitions when the stage switches to another stage: doesn't need to be fancy, but you know, have some variations.
Granted its NOT a big deal, but just a nice touch to it.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I honestly prefer stuff like Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor, Digital Devil Saga and Raidou to mainline SMT. I dunno why tho.

Also Joker and Demifiend. Everyone wins that way

Except for the anti-anime crowd

Noipoi

Howdy!
This Geno pic has been floating around for a month or two. We're stuck in a loop where we discuss it for a bit, decide it's likely fake, and move on until someone who hasn't seen it before picks it up and brings the discussion back to the spotlight.
You seem just as done with it all as Geno is.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This Geno pic has been floating around for a month or two. We're stuck in a loop where we discuss it for a bit, decide it's likely fake, and move on until someone who hasn't seen it before picks it up and brings the discussion back to the spotlight.
You seem just as done with it all as Geno is.
Maybe Cosmic77 is sassy Geno himself and just getting tired of all the randos talking about him as if they matter ugh mom

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nah, dude only got leaked twice, and one was in text. Music being uploaded is still the biggest "we ****ed up" leak tho
If it weren't for Vergeben, the music leak would've been pretty huge, but really it just cemented a claim many people had already bought into. It was still big, but not nearly the biggest. I'd also say the Brawl sticker leak was a bigger **** up, since Nintendo revealed the as-of-then unleaked Lucario (given the ChaosZero leak had not yet proved legitimate), and definitively ended the debate as to whether Ness was replaced by Lucas.

It also happened weeks in advance instead of the night before.

Eh, fair enough, but Palutena was rumoured to be in so much she was the low point of Smash 4 reveals
Well, Palutena only got "leaked" twice, one was fake and the other was also text. I'm sure there were many fake leaks that included her, but none of particular note. She was just an expected character even before the leaks, so her inclusion was no big surprise.

So the answer is no then
This is why I like 4chan leaks

Every time pictures are "linked together" in a thread people literally anyone can say anything and nobody can prove that any of them were the same person
I don't know if there's actual 'proof' but here's the original thread if you want to take a look (courtesy of
papagenos): https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/429940289/

And some insight on it by PushDustin: https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1036258353058525184?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1036258353058525184&ref_url=https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-ultimate-discussion-warning-possible-spoilers-leaks.434391/page-5726

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Odd how you're the only one in this thread to have found this leak which includes Digimon knowledge only an expert like you would know of hm
every time he link back a /v/ leak pertaining to digimon or agumon, its always him.
just stop, we're not that easy to fool, man.

D

Deleted member

Add Monokuma

Finally SAO is represented with its original concept of "if you die in the game you die in real life"
Yoshikage Kira would like a word with you.
Kira's reveal trailer is him refusing the invitation because it's the opposite of quiet until Mario goes on his house to personally get him into Smash.
"Well, if you're going to push me this hard..."

P.S.: Also play as Bowie Kira

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I've seen both of those already.
You can't actually discern if the Geno picture was posted by the same person as the Dixie picture, either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom