• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Be in my top 3 favorite newcomers is what he would do
All of my awaited newcomers probably have a small chance of getting in (at least I think I would be told that), and that upsets me. Now I'm just looking at the same characters brought up here, and I don't get them, it seems.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Agreed on Simon. Simon should have been a jaw drip to the floor reveal.

But instead between Vergeben and the music leak, the second I saw an edge of a castle I was like oh ok Simon. (Thank God Richter & King K. Rool saved the show).
That was the thing about Simon's reveal--because that's all we heard, Richter being there was a complete shock (and probably gave me false hope that we'd be getting more characters than expected, particularly echoes, justified or not)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If it's Geno, they may only be ticked off now because they just found a real leak, and didn't really care about any other info because it was a bunch of anonymous users making silly claims and posting a bunch of fake info instead of being spot-on.

Of course the leak may not even be public, it may be that they're aware of someone with info they shouldn't have, so they're trying to track them down. It could be any character at that point.

Last edited:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
There is one who knows if Geno is in Smash, and her name is Rosalina because she runs the Star Road.

That looks like the Dixie trophy from Melee and Banjo looks like a cutout from a magazine.

I dont really see the resemblance. If you're saying they took the model from the trophy i dont think thats the case, shes got a completely different pose and look.

Not that I particularly believe the leak or not, just an observation

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Can anyone here prove to me the Dixie picture was posted by the same person as the Sassy Geno picture

:cheep:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Can anyone here prove to me the Dixie picture was posted by the same person as the Sassy Geno picture

Poster count didn't go up when it was posted in the thread if we were to believe some random anon in 4Chan
Problem being that >Anon in 4chan

We can't prove that, neither we can believe that

Flyboy

Smash Hero
All of my awaited newcomers probably have a small chance of getting in (at least I think I would be told that), and that upsets me. Now I'm just looking at the same characters brought up here, and I don't get them, it seems.
I don't for a second think 2B or Joker will ever be in Smash.... but that doesn't mean I can't dream of DLC.

The pros of Joker representation-wise is that Persona is a spectacular series but more importantly it's a spinoff of Shin Megami Tensei, a series that has been heavily supported on Nintendo platforms. It's like how they used Cloud to represent Final Fantasy as well as Cloud himself - Atlus supports Nintendo, Joker is probably one of the biggest names to come out of them and has recency as well. Also he is lithe, acrobatic, fast, has knives and handguns and can summon demons (called "Personas") to assist him with magic spells and physical attacks. And the music would be KILLER. Look up Wake Up Get Up Get Out There or Last Surprise and tell me those wouldn't be incredible to hear in Smash.

Persona 5 is one of the best RPGs ever made. It's stunning from every perspective. Aesthetically alone it blows you away and man I just love it okay put joker in smash

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
TL;DR, we know that the "Ruffling feather" leak isn't from Nintendo, it's basically Square-Enix being internally annoyed about a leak around a month ago. Can be text, image, or whatever, just that there something around.

In that timeframe there three option

-The Sassy Geno on Delfino

-KH-Co-creator slipping up again with his tweet that he deleted afterward about Sora

-A leak that we don't have, and only a close circle of people/Leakers have in their hands

That's what happened today

Edit: Oh, and Sakurai retweeted and told people to come to a Japanease Smash event the 2nd November
November 2nd, thats All Soul's day.. Dark souls confirmed for smash?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

The thread people found it on was the same, with the anon who posted it having similar text to the OP.

However, a reply said it was posted before, and that the OP was probably lying, so I don't know. I'm also bad at finding leak threads on fireden.

Pakky

Smash Hero

I dont really see the resemblance. If you're saying they took the model from the trophy i dont think thats the case, shes got a completely different pose and look.

Not that I particularly believe the leak or not, just an observation
Yep its not

The picture has textures for pupils so they can be animated the trophy has them as geometry.

- The hair piece and its texture aren't trash like the melee trophy

- The model itself isn't a dumpster fire.

-Picture has earrings and decent textures.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Poster count didn't go up when it was posted in the thread if we were to believe some random anon in 4Chan
Problem being that >Anon in 4chan

We can't prove that, neither we can believe that
The thread people found it on was the same, with the anon who posted it having similar text to the OP.

However, a reply said it was posted before, and that the OP was probably lying, so I don't know. I'm also bad at finding leak threads on fireden.
So the answer is no then
This is why I like 4chan leaks

Every time pictures are "linked together" in a thread people literally anyone can say anything and nobody can prove that any of them were the same person

Even if the poster count didn't go up, it doesn't at all point to it being the OP again.
It just means someone who has posted in the thread posted in it again.

:happysheep:

I don't know about you all but I would definitely leak something halfway through an existing thread. Maybe put some blur and take a picture using an old phone or something since those are the first things that make people toss it and not pay attention

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I don't for a second think 2B or Joker will ever be in Smash.... but that doesn't mean I can't dream of DLC.

The pros of Joker representation-wise is that Persona is a spectacular series but more importantly it's a spinoff of Shin Megami Tensei, a series that has been heavily supported on Nintendo platforms. It's like how they used Cloud to represent Final Fantasy as well as Cloud himself - Atlus supports Nintendo, Joker is probably one of the biggest names to come out of them and has recency as well. Also.he is little, acrobatic, fast, has knives and handguns and can summon demons (called "Personas") to assist him with magic spells and physical attacks. And the music would be KILLER. Look up Wake Up Get Up Get Out There or Last Surprise and tell me those wouldn't be incredible to hear in Smash.

Persona 5 is one of the best RPGs ever made. It's stunning from every perspective. Aesthetically alone it blows you away and man I just love it okay put joker in smash
Yeah, I don't understand it, and I feel bad about that. Again though, most of my personal picks have little chance, and I feel worse. I have mains I've stuck with for a long time, but that's it, really.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
Aside from new fighters, i'm curious if we're getting any Street Fighter and Final Fantasy assist trophies this time.
we should get a chun-li assist trophy that does her super so we can recreate the daigo parry with ken

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeah, I don't understand it, and I feel bad about that. Again though, most of my personal picks have little chance, and I feel worse. I have mains I've stuck with for a long time, but that's it, really.
My number one most-wanted is an obscure N64 protagonist. I feel your pain.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Since we will probably never see him playable in Smash id be all for my boy Sagat getting in as an Assist Trophy.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
November 2nd, thats All Soul's day.. Dark souls confirmed for smash?
This is pretty interesting. XD
TL;DR, we know that the "Ruffling feather" leak isn't from Nintendo, it's basically Square-Enix being internally annoyed about a leak around a month ago. Can be text, image, or whatever, just that there something around.

In that timeframe there three option

-The Sassy Geno on Delfino

-KH-Co-creator slipping up again with his tweet that he deleted afterward about Sora

-A leak that we don't have, and only a close circle of people/Leakers have in their hands

That's what happened today

Edit: Oh, and Sakurai retweeted and told people to come to a Japanease Smash event the 2nd November
Should we hold out hope for a character this day or nah in your opinion?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Don't need to feel bad. Not like any smaller character has a chance at getting in as a unique fighter with Ultimate's newcomer standards (I actually kinda miss Smash For on that). It's just fun speculation and hoping maybe DLC will look into other things than ballot.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings

The pros of Joker representation-wise is that Persona is a spectacular series but more importantly it's a spinoff of Shin Megami Tensei, a series that has been heavily supported on Nintendo platforms. It's like how they used Cloud to represent Final Fantasy as well as Cloud himself - Atlus supports Nintendo, Joker is probably one of the biggest names to come out of them and has recency as well. Also he is lithe, acrobatic, fast, has knives and handguns and can summon demons (called "Personas") to assist him with magic spells and physical attacks. And the music would be KILLER. Look up Wake Up Get Up Get Out There or Last Surprise and tell me those wouldn't be incredible to hear in Smash.

Persona itself is the second biggest franchise under Sega's wing after Sonic; Q covers Yu and Q2 will cover Ren (in terms of the "appearing on a Nintendo console is a courtesy").

Persona representation in Smash is something a lot of people overlook/underrate when it's actually a fairly realistic possibility.
I'm down for either of them at this point, though as much for the salt they'd cause as anything (though admittedly slightly more biased towards Yu becase JYB and even further salt).

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I can see a Direct announcement like Evo, or maybe a Shulk-like trailer announcement especially if Sakurai RT that event compared to all of the Smash Ultimate event in Japan that happened during the course of summers and such.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Persona itself is the second biggest franchise under Sega's wing after Sonic; Q covers Yu and Q2 will cover Ren (in terms of the "appearing on a Nintendo console is a courtesy").

Persona representation in Smash is something a lot of people overlook/underrate when it's actually a fairly realistic possibility.
I'm down for either of them at this point, though as much for the salt they'd cause as anything (though admittedly slightly more biased towards Yu becase JYB and even further salt).
Hey if we get free reign on protagonists I'd pick FeMC from P3P any day because she's my favorite of all time.

Yu is definitely as likely as Joker. I loved P4 but I'm leaning Joker personally because I like the phantom thieves and their aesthetic just a little bit more than the Inaba gang. I'd be happy with either, though.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I read that as "fevil may cry"
I can see a Direct announcement like Evo, or maybe a Shulk-like trailer announcement especially if Sakurai RT that event compared to all of the Smash Ultimate event in Japan that happened during the course of summers and such.
I'm still thinking it'll be before the event, personally.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey if we get free reign on protagonists I'd pick FeMC from P3P any day because she's my favorite of all time.

Yu is definitely as likely as Joker. I loved P4 but I'm leaning Joker personally because I like the phantom thieves and their aesthetic just a little bit more than the Inaba gang. I'd be happy with either, though.
My favourite is male protag (if it's not obvious) but hey, anything from P3 is awesome in my eyes and it's not like she didn't deserved it. At least I'm glad she's in PQ2.

D

Deleted member

Persona is cool either way even if I want my niche Atlus series first because it's the closest we'll get to a Stand user in Smash.

D

Deleted member

I think the best scenario would be Joker and Flynn in Smash. That way, everyone gets what they want.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Persona is cool either way even if I want my niche Atlus series first because it's the closest we'll get to a Stand user in Smash.
I wish the "Goku slippery slope" fallacy people keep using involved Jojo instead of Shrek

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
DIO being playable in Smash would be literally the best thing ever what you talking about
I'm not saying it because it would be a bad thing
I'm saying it because it's both a much less ridiculous thing to say AND something I'd accept with open arms regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom