• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
They dropped it since Persona 4 Golden but it flew under a lot of people's radars.

Also, Devil Survivor (first game, at least) is really underrated imo. I can't fault people for being turned off by art style but it had really cool mechanics and story.
Devil Survivor was actually my introduction to SMT as a whole. I adored it.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Ah Geno, isn't he the most requested character back in Brawl; like, right up there with K. Rool & RIdley?

If so, I'll be like "Wow, only one puppet against two of the nastiest big boys around the battlefield? Yikes.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I actually think we're very likely getting either Geno or Sora, if we assume Vergeben and Tansut to be legitimate.

Remember that Vergeben's comment on Geno was just his own speculation in reply to someone, and imo it's very likely Square Enix doesn't actually think that way, and would very much care if Geno was actually leaked (as it makes more sense).

It could also be Sora due to that one tweet or maybe an internal leak we don't know yet, or perhaps another Final Fantasy character like Black Mage or Dragon Quest if it's indeed an internal leak we haven't seen.

And there's also that one guy who apparently disappeared after commenting on a leak about Sora, Mallow, and Geno.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Not that my opinion is solid one way or the other, but the resurgence in this "sassy Geno" pic after it just kind of sitting there for a while is giving me Pokémon SuMo starter concept art vibes.

Personally, I'm glad there's at least a plausible explanation for the background now, even if I still wouldn't be surprised to see its veracity swing either way.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not that my opinion is solid one way or the other, but the resurgence in this "sassy Geno" pic after it just kind of sitting there for a while is giving me Pokémon SuMo starter concept art vibes.
That must mean...

INCINEROAR AND GENO CONFIRMED!!

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I have resorted to block LaxChris's channel from my YT account. Having videos with the same 8 bandwagon characters in white background on the thumbnail, and a text that has at least the words "LEAK" and "LEGIT" in them at least twice a day EVERYDAY, is just plain eyesore.

And well... it is just another Geno leak. At this point I consider him so in the game, that I don't need these people (fake leakers) to go to the extents they go to whip up a nice looking Geno render. It's come to a point that the reception he's going to get (from me at least) is going to be pure indifference.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
inb4 it's Neku.

Wouldn't even be mad.
At this point I'd be down for just about anybody that isn't Geno; the amount of leaks, discussion, and drama surrounding him hasn't helped things. I just want another out-of-nowhere character like Richter to shake things up.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey guys what's the current scuttlebutt?
There's an event on the 3-4th and 23rd-24th of November that Sakurai is explicitly inviting people to (at least for the first one).
People are still finding out about it and telling it to the thread and will do so all day and everyone will pretend it was the first time it was brought up cause that's just polite

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
It's come to a point that the reception he's going to get (from me at least) is going to be pure indifference.
i have a creeping intuition that this is going to be the general reaction to the rest of the roster, considering how things went with Simon

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
There's an event on the 3-4th and 23rd-24th of November that Sakurai is explicitly inviting people to (at least for the first one).
People are still finding out about it and telling it to the thread and will do so all day and everyone will pretend it was the first time it was brought up cause that's just polite
What kind of event? This sounds potentially big. Gimme the details please.

At this point I'd be down for just about anybody that isn't Geno; the amount of leaks, discussion, and drama surrounding him hasn't helped things. I just want another out-of-nowhere character like Richter to shake things up.
Yeah let's just screw all of the fans that wanted him for so long and instead put in a character no one is asking for because muh shaking...

Why would you not want the most fans to be pleased?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So, who was the guy who commented on that Sora, Mallow, and Geno leak like he knew something and then disappeared off the face of the Earth?
A guy named Masked man, an Internt at Square-Enix that probably got Yakuza'd because of the List of fake name thrown around. Or he is legit and there Characters that aren't in.
Either Geno+Mallow
Either Sora+Mallow
Or best timeline neither Geno and Sora

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
i have a creeping intuition that this is going to be the general reaction to the rest of the roster, considering how things went with Simon
That is true...
Unless we get a couple of off-the-radar type of characters that put people on their toes. THEN, it won't matter if it's Ken and Incineroar, people will get hyped for them again.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Yeah let's just screw all of the fans that wanted him for so long and instead put in a character no one is asking for because muh shaking...

"All his fans" you say that like 80% of them aren't bandwagoners of the old 20% who pushed for him super hard in Brawl.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Honestly, my only issues with Square-Enix supposedly being pissed about Geno is that...Geno is in so many Fakes leaks Picture/Text that at this point, they would be pissed off say day one, like...He's so speculated that, I don't feel like it would bring Square-Enix's wrath if it was him

I'm not sure if it makes sense only for me or not...
I'd imagine they'd be pissed if it's legit because, well, it would be real. There would have been someone who snapped that who works for them and that would reasonably tick them off. Even if Geno has been thrown into multiple leaks, they would only care about the one that is actually from them.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
kinda surprising how the gamne's gone gold but NOBODY leaked the roster yet...

guess the only way now is either, everything's revealed the legit way via directs, or someone spoils things from a review copy

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

guess the only way now is either, everything's revealed the legit way via directs, or someone spoils things from a review copy
There's a possibility chance it Isn't actually gold

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
A yes, More Geno drama.... I also want two "Disney nazi" for my dessert and one "Geno is totally more famous than (Insert obvious Square-Enix character more famous than Geno) "

C'mon guys. Let's not play who's right or Wrong.

Geno is expected, and would indeed makes his fan happy, people confused about who he is, and people sad that it's not someone else.

We can't all have just ONE reaction, and everyone can have their opinion on the puppet.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Had a little thought of the logistics of when the next direct could be.
So there’s next week which is a possibility, and then the following week is Halloween which is smack dab in the middle of the week. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe there’s ever been a direct around that time for one, and two I don’t see them doing a direct so close to a holiday when people may be out on Halloween celebrations and day of the dead and all of that. The week after that (November 5th to the 9th) is pretty much a month before the games release, so that’s also a good possibility. Any weeks after that is hard to envision them waiting so long on a direct.

At the end of the day, we’re getting super close to a direct now and I know each week it feels like another hopeless attempt to believe a direct is coming when we all said that the week before and the week before that etc., but it’s hard to feel hopeless now when there’s only a couple weeks left they could do a direct for in a reasonable amount of time before the game’s launch. And i may be taking more leaps in logic than an olympic pole vaulter, but I’m just trying to find logic in just how little time Nintendo has now to release a direct, and it’s got me excited.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm completely indifferent on Geno, so whether or not he gets in Smash doesn't concern me at all.

That being said, anyone who thinks he's a lock is playing a risky game. We're less than two months away, meaning that we're scraping the bottom of the barrel for new trailers. Believing Geno is a shoe-in because, "We're getting nothing but ballot characters, and Verge said we're getting a RE rep," is setting themselves up for some serious disappointment.

Don't get caught up with the hype. Temper your expectations and you'll have nothing to lose.

The Ridley from Brawl and Smash 4 says hi.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Maybe considering how tight they're trying to keep a hold on leaks, the people who have their hands on it are probably in a controlled environment.

The picture everyone refers to on this subject was in a meeting room with several other people in it.

He's not popular in the casual audience though. You can't just shoo that off. The only way he's gonna be getting in is purely from Sakurai's own bias for the character.
yes i can, k rool rocks :denzel:

And if it makes you feel better you can also say it about almost anyone in general

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom