• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Tansut said:
Nope, but I would like to emphasize that I never said it was Nintendo specifically that was annoyed by whichever leak it is. Saw that being thrown in with what I said so I wanted to clear that up.
Tansut said:
Alright. It's Friday and I feel like the clock is ticking until we get legitimate new stuff to talk about anyway...

It was NOT Nintendo that had some internal discussion / annoyance / whatever about a leak. I mean maybe they did separately, but I'm not aware of it if that's the case.

I feel like this confirms Vergeben's stance on there being a rep from that company but, as I've said, I don't know ANYTHING about what the leak is. Whether it's public or in private circles, whether it's a video / picture / text, etc. This also leads me to believe which character it is based on the glut of leaks (fake or otherwise) surrounding them, but I really hate outright guessing because I still legitimately have no actual knowledge of which character it is.

So y'all can assume or get hype at your own discretion, but that's pretty much all I know. Everything else is guesswork.
Well well well
It could end up being Geno. The last (perhaps only?) character hinted at by Tansut was Cloud. He said he has an idea of who the character might be based on where he heard info from. It's possible his source isn't from Nintendo, but from Square.

He doesn't know which leak it is, but thinks he knows which character it is. This stands to reason it's one that has shown up in several alleged "leaks", such as Geno. He talks about internal discussion, ruffled feathers, and refers to the company as "they", but he never name-drops Nintendo. He eliminated the Ken leak from consideration, which would make sense given Square employees wouldn't likely have much knowledge of that.

If he's not lying, it seems possible. But it's just a theory.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well well well

It's just a theory. A game th- *gets shot*

Jokes aside, I still think Geno is a possibility but I'm convinced he's a high possibility like I was thinking last month.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
People are discussing Halloween Smash Direct ideas, and the possibility of a November Smash Direct. What if they just dropped a Skull Kid trailer on Halloween? No Direct until November, which details what Spirits is and reveals Geno, and a couple weeks later a mini direct showing everyone else there is to show. Would everyone be happy with this?

Pakky

Smash Hero
I've see some people mention Spirits as a boss rush mode and honestly, I can't see there being a section on the main menu as big as "Smash" just for boss rush. I think there has to be a melee-esque adventure mode tie in.

I may be wrong but that's my realistic wish.
Mix between Subspace and Adventure Mode.

There is a "story" but using all the assets that would be used for a stage anyway(for the most part) plus bosses.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
People are discussing Halloween Smash Direct ideas, and the possibility of a November Smash Direct. What if they just dropped a Skull Kid trailer on Halloween? No Direct until November, which details what Spirits is and reveals Geno, and a couple weeks later a mini direct showing everyone else there is to show. Would everyone be happy with this?
Again, as happy as I'd be for SK, I highly doubt. You're telling me they went to the trouble of putting a direct on Halloween, then decided to save the spot for SK and not Castlevania. They could have just as easily revealed SK with K.Rool it'd be odd for them to go for a holiday themeing but not use the newcomers specifically themed for that holiday

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well well well

Holy-****...So it is Square-Enix who are panicking. Explaining his source like I said earlier... and with the timeframe...
Square Enix is either:

- Annoyed about an Internal Leak that we don't know at all, but only the Private Circle of leakers known.

- Annoyed about the Sassy Geno picture leak.

- Annoyed about Hashimoto's deleted Tweet, who's maybe another of his infamous Slip-up about Sora (Btw, he tweeted about Cloud in Smash when Cloud was the Fighter of the Day, so he is aware of smash.)

Place your bets boiz.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
so the guy who said the legitimate leak is out there is backtracking hardcore here? A little confused
No, he's just clarifying that he wasn't referring to Nintendo as the disgruntled company in question, and strongly insinuating Square as his reference. So basically he's narrowing it down.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
so the guy who said the legitimate leak is out there is backtracking hardcore here? A little confused
He said there is a legit leak having to do with smash but doesn't know which leak or character it actually is, just knows a company heavily hinted to be SE were pissed about it

osby

Smash Obsessed
Holy-****...So it is Square-Enix who are panicking. Explaining his source like I said earlier... and with the timeframe...
Square Enix is either:

- Annoyed about an Internal Leak that we don't know at all, but only the Private Circle of leakers known.

- Annoyed about the Sassy Geno picture leak.

- Annoyed about Hashimoto's deleted Tweet, who's maybe another of his infamous Slip-up about Sora (Btw, he tweeted about Cloud in Smash when Cloud was the Fighter of the Day, so he is aware of smash.)

Place your bets boiz.
Third one seems most likely but it may just be about the first one and nothing to do with Smash. *shrugs* Still crossing fingers for Sora, I don't care how "promotional" or "Sakurai pick" he'll be.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I feel like it's gotta be a leak that only a select few have their hands on atm, and Square have somehow been tipped about it having gotten out. None of the text leaks out there which mention a specific Square character are in any way reliable enough to cause a stir, and I'm not particularly inclined to believe the sassy Geno pic considering it came along with that horrendous Banjo leak.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Third one seems most likely but it may just be about the first one and nothing to do with Smash. *shrugs* Still crossing fingers for Sora, I don't care how "promotional" or "Sakurai pick" he'll be.
Sakurai pick? Isn't Sora popular af on polls and during the ballot?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Sakurai pick? Isn't Sora popular af on polls and during the ballot?
Unpopular in the Hardcore Smash Community, Extremely popular in the Casual Community.
Sora is basically Negative-Geno in that aspect

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I can handle seeing Doctor Mario standing across from me in the orange-tinted dream zone saying "Did you do it? What did it cost?".

But, I mean...

For the good of the universe.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well he wouldn't be either of those. No more than Ryu or Cloud.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
:ultpit:, and only :ultpit:, saving every character in Smash Ultimate after having their souls stolen by Hades or a reborn Tabuu...cause **** I want my Kid Icarus Uprising sequel/remaster for the Switch
Nah fam you gotta up your game

:ultpit::ultdarkpit: will revive their feud but adding :ultlink::ultwolf: to the fued

Then Pit goes on to win the Royal Rumble and facing his greatest foe: :ultpichu:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Would I be happy with it? Hell yeah I would.

Will it happen? I doubt it hugely. I don't think Nintendo care for "themed" announcements so to speak. If Skull Kid's a character they'll probably just reveal him in a direct along with the others.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1d2tYaSWsW9

fake or not, this sounds awfully like sex
Isaac having GBA sound effects for his gameplay would make everything sold for me =v=
Jesus christ my ears how does vocaroo not have a scrolling volume bar

Fun leak idea, a lot more creative than most.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Serious Question:

Choose one to be playable. And one as a boss.

-M. Bision

-Sephiroth

D

Deleted member

If Geno is in he'll officially be the second worst-kept Smash secret, only losing to Palutena.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Serious Question:

Choose one to be playable. And one as a boss.

-M. Bision

-Sephiroth
I'd probably go with Sephiroth, especially if it promised One Winged Angel would get in with him.

But if one of M. Bison's victory quotes (Or taunts for that matter) would be "YES! YEEEEES!" that decision would be so much harder heh.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Ya know, we might have a direct on 1st Nov. If Sakurai retweet the event, there might be something to it.

Makes sense since 1st Nov US time will be 2nd Nov jspan time, just in time for the event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom