• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

In cases like these, I'm glad I have multiple mains. The least favorite of my mains, Corrin, is a worthy sacrifice for Phoenix Wright to be playable.
I have a weird situation where my most wanted was Ridley and I'm hoping he will be my main so I don't know how to do this...my second most wanteds are Mimikyu and Twintelle.

If I just had to discard two characters I played a lot of in 4, then yea sure I'd give up Rosalina & Robin for them. Rosalina & Robin I like more for how they play then who they are (although I like their characters too).

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

In cases like these, I'm glad I have multiple mains. The least favorite of my mains, Corrin, is a worthy sacrifice for Phoenix Wright to be playable.
Out, even if I had the power to add 10 characters of my choosing. :ultbowser:is a very special character to me even outside of Smash. I'd even go as far as saying that he's to me what :ultyoshi: is to Zinith Zinith

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I don't think I could trade Wolf, especially after just getting him back. Even if doing so would promote Krystal into a playable character.

I hate the idea of having to chose between the two. I just want them both playable alongside Fox and Falco, dammit.

Hopefully through DLC, or with the next title if it isn't a hard reboot, we can get all four.

Drakonix

Smash Cadet
Out, even if I had the power to add 10 characters of my choosing. :ultbowser:is a very special character to me even outside of Smash. I'd even go as far as saying that he's to me what :ultyoshi: is to Zinith Zinith
Yes!!!! Bowser is my favorite Nintendo character. I need to get some more Bowser merch tbh......
:ultbowser: I can't wait to punch people onto the screen with his new FS!

kylexv

Smash Master
So how do you guys think All-Star mode will work in this game?

• In Melee, it was random
  • In Brawl, it was chronological by series debut (Ex. :gw:, then :mario2::luigi2::peach::bowser2:, etc.)
  • In Smash 3DS, it was chronological by character debut (:4gaw::4pacman::4mario::4dk::4luigi::4littlemac:,etc.)
  • In Smash Wii U, it was reverse chronological by character debut (:4corrin::4greninja::4lucina::4robinm::4darkpit::4shulk::4bayonetta::4wiifit::rosalina:, etc.)
I personally think that they're going to go chronologically by character debut in the Smash Bros. series, much like the ordering on the CSS, but with a few differences:

Round 1: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu: (Original 8)
Round 2: :ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff: (64 Unlockables)
Round 3: :ultpeach::ultbowser::ulticeclimbers::ultsheik::ultzelda: (Melee Starters)
Round 4: :ultdoc::ultpichu::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultgnw: (Melee Unlockables)
Round 5: :ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultzss::ultwario::ultike::ultpokemontrainer::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultolimar: (Brawl Starters)
Round 6: :ultsnake::ultsonic::ultlucario::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultwolf: (Brawl Unlockables)
Round 7: :ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultrobin:ultshulk: (Smash 4 Starters)
Round 8: :ultlucina::ultdarkpit::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta: (Smash 4 Unlockables and DLC)
Round 9: :ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultkrool::ultisabelle: +any remaining unique characters (base or DLC)
Round 10: :ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultchrom::ultrichter: +any remaining echo fighters (base or DLC)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I mean, I'd sacrifice any Nintendo character outside of the original 8, as had Banjo & Kazooie came out a couple years earlier, would have fit well in Smash 64 (hence, part of my passion). I guess my current main would be Pokemon Trainer, even though it's always in fluctuation.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
It'd be tough for me to sacrifice Wario for Shadow but I'd probably do it.

Edit: lol

Last edited:

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman

I’m just doing this for fun idk why people take this seriously. I would take out Peach to make Dante from devil may cry playable. This is a tough one but I guess take out zero suit Samus for Shadow.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I CHOOSE BUZZ LIGHTYEAR...

And by that I mean I choose no one. The roster is :dedede:/:dedede: already.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I love how when I treat a silly forum game as silly, I get scolded, but when I decided to play it earnestly, everyone else treats it silly. :p

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Can I sacrifice real people for characters instead?

I've been waiting for this day. Characters gained, heretics lost? GET THE WOOD.

(Obvious joke is obvious please don't burn people that's a no no)

Last edited:

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Sooo..I guess rate the chances of us getting any smash news next week or early November. I think there is a 80% chance.

D

Deleted member

Sooo..I guess rate the chances of us getting any smash news next week or early November. I think there is a 80% chance.
I have a date with Spyro in November, and on my birthday with Castlevania.

It would be cool to get news in October, but i feel like November will be the actual time.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Now taking Smash meme requests. I need a project.

Last edited:

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I have a date with Spyro in November, and on my birthday with Castlevania.

It would be cool to get news in October, but i feel like November will be the actual time.
Same I have a date with Spyro too lol but yea I’m thinking we are getting something early November..I mean we just have to get something

D

Deleted member

So how do you guys think All-Star mode will work in this game?

• In Melee, it was random
  • In Brawl, it was chronological by series debut (Ex. :gw:, then :mario2::luigi2::peach::bowser2:, etc.)
  • In Smash 3DS, it was chronological by character debut (:4gaw::4pacman::4mario::4dk::4luigi::4littlemac:,etc.)
  • In Smash Wii U, it was reverse chronological by character debut (:4corrin::4greninja::4lucina::4robinm::4darkpit::4shulk::4bayonetta::4wiifit::rosalina:, etc.)
I personally think that they're going to go chronologically by character debut in the Smash Bros. series, much like the ordering on the CSS, but with a few differences:

Round 1: :ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu: (Original 8)
Round 2: :ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff:(64 Unlockables)
Round 3: :ultpeach::ultbowser::ulticeclimbers::ultsheik::ultzelda:(Melee Starters)
Round 4: :ultdoc::ultpichu::ultfalco::ultmarth::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultgnw:(Melee Unlockables)
Round 5: :ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultzss::ultwario::ultike::ultpokemontrainer::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultolimar:(Brawl Starters)
Round 6: :ultsnake::ultsonic::ultlucario::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultwolf:(Brawl Unlockables)
Round 7: :ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultrobin:ultshulk:(Smash 4 Starters)
Round 8: :ultlucina::ultdarkpit::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta:(Smash 4 Unlockables and DLC)
Round 9: :ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultkrool::ultisabelle:+any remaining unique characters (base or DLC)
Round 10: :ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultchrom::ultrichter: +any remaining echo fighters (base or DLC)
It's definitely going to be Smash debut order(Echoes will be paired with their originals), all in groups of 9, with 3 at a time on the field(I hope)
It'd be tough for me to sacrifice Wario for Shadow but I'd probably do it.

Edit: lol

I'm actually curious on how it'll work because depending on the ending lag you'll still be able to kill opponents by gimping AND surviving it yourself.
Something involving Shulk without using outdated Shulk memes

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling we will get a massive direct early November with an announcement late October - the clock is ticking and they have to show their hand sooner than later. There is less than 2 months left, and we know nothing of "Spirits".

D

Deleted member

Gimme your best Inkling meme. I don't have anything specific in mind, so feel free to get creative. :p

I hope DLC plans (if they are doing any) will be discussed in the final Direct. I'd rather not have the question of "Are they doing it?" being around for months.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

Sacrifice Kirby for Adeleine & Ribbon? Why not, I would do it without any doubt (even if removing the main character of the series wouldn't make any sense).
Kirby is my main only because I don't like how Dedede and MK play, and because Ado is not in the roster yet. The moment Adeleine gets added, I would be glad to abandon Kirby to his permanent mid/low tier curse and never care about him again.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm going to double down on a final Direct happening in two weeks. That's when the Switch bundle is released (and I get my Switch!) and it'll be a fun way to start the countdown cycle and reveal some final info and get people to the shops to buy or preorder the game and Switches.

Two weeks already! Less than fifty days until release! Can you believe it?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I partially wonder if perhaps, we were suppposed to get a direct earlier, but since last month's direct got delayed heavily, perhaps this one got pushed back.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
November? What fresh hell is this?

Nintendo better have a damn tight lid on things. They're really pushing how far they can go before the final reveals. Also I agree with @TotsBS , this is going to unintentionally put a dent in Let's Go's marketing.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I get the feeling Nintendo's going to want to try an online test demo-- so I'm thinking we'll get the blowout either late this month or early next month, with the demo in-between.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace

hmm the dude who leaked that the game has gone gold just retweeted this video about Sonic 2. Tails confirmed?

/s maybe, maybe not

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to double down on a final Direct happening in two weeks. That's when the Switch bundle is released (and I get my Switch!) and it'll be a fun way to start the countdown cycle and reveal some final info and get people to the shops to buy or preorder the game and Switches.

Two weeks already! Less than fifty days until release! Can you believe it?
2 weeks is november, so its surely happening in that time frame, but right now i really lost all the momentum/hype because im 100% sure at this point we all now what is going to be announced or how its going to work.

Ill gladly eat my words if Sakurai goes mad and throw us several surprises but im not expecting much at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom