• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Or Morgana.

Would be cool to have him comment on each fighter as they pop up, kinda like the Lucina and Robin trailer.
Yep, he'd just say how Joker and him are cooler than every other fighter.

Btw, the joke was Xander Mobus voicing both Joker and the announcer in Smash.

Actually, it belongs to Simon. :troll:
That's a funny way of saying Ryu and Roy. :troll:

EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well, we in the Geno thread are back at square-one with the Sassy Geno image.

From what I've read here, though, Tansut has hinted at hearing about Square Enix?

and there may be a direct on the 3rd or 4th next month?

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
No, he's just clarifying that he wasn't referring to Nintendo as the disgruntled company in question, and strongly insinuating Square as his reference. So basically he's narrowing it down.
Don't you know by now that if a leaker ever clarifies anything, it means he's backtracking and/or lying?? Come on get with the program! ;)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1d2tYaSWsW9

fake or not, this sounds awfully like sex
Isaac having GBA sound effects for his gameplay would make everything sold for me =v=
I love "leaks" like this! More creative ones make them fun rather than annoying. When it's the same few characters in a text leak they just get so dull but when they're like this or they're fun Photoshops of more unusual characters they're a blast.
Serious Question:

Choose one to be playable. And one as a boss.

-M. Bision

-Sephiroth
Playable: M. Bison. He'd be SO fun and for Street Fighter villains he's my second-favorite under Vega and my one of my most-wanted unique SF reps (With Sakura, Dan, and Chun-Li). I'd love an iconic SF villain.

Boss: Sephiroth. I think he'd be fun playable as well but I think he's like Dracula in that as a boss he could be bigger and more sinister than ever. Big Sword, big meteor, big spells.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait holy **** Xander plays Joker?

I never noticed. He's in a lot more than I thought, his range is real good.
Bonus: Joker's Japanese voice actor also voices Roy. So in both cases Smash already works with people behind Joker's voice.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wouldn't Ken be the worst kept secret?
Til he shows up in the data and you can play as him before you're even supposed to know about him, I don't think so.

Don't you know by now that if a leaker ever clarifies anything, it means he's backtracking and/or lying?? Come on get with the program! ;)
HES TWISTING THE STORY LIKE A PHONY

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
If it true, why are we not hearing Isaac's voice? We heard Ike and Diddy's yelps but no Isaac's? Makes no sense..
Its definitely strange, but I remember ridley's earliest trailer not having all of ridley's roars in it either, but all the other sound effects.

He does his scream taunt and no sound comes out. Could be something similar if its real?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Anything happen yet today? Or are we still going crazy.. cuz I'm a bit sore today and don't think I can crazy it up as much today.

D

Deleted member

Actually, it belongs to Simon. :troll:
Nah, dude only got leaked twice, and one was in text. Music being uploaded is still the biggest "we ****ed up" leak tho
Roy and Ryu were leaked by Nintendo months in advance and playable through exploits before their reveals. I think they get the crown.
Eh, fair enough, but Palutena was rumoured to be in so much she was the low point of Smash 4 reveals

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Anything happen yet today? Or are we still going crazy.. cuz I'm a bit sore today and don't think I can crazy it up as much today.
TL;DR, we know that the "Ruffling feather" leak isn't from Nintendo, it's basically Square-Enix being internally annoyed about a leak around a month ago. Can be text, image, or whatever, just that there something around.

In that timeframe there three option

-The Sassy Geno on Delfino

-KH-Co-creator slipping up again with his tweet that he deleted afterward about Sora

-A leak that we don't have, and only a close circle of people/Leakers have in their hands

That's what happened today

Edit: Oh, and Sakurai retweeted and told people to come to a Japanease Smash event the 2nd November

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

4 hours ago, yup
Is this event in Early November? Like November 1st/2nd?

If so, this could possibly be where the Direct gets announced for the week following I think (11/7 or 11/8).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's definitely going to be Smash debut order(Echoes will be paired with their originals), all in groups of 9, with 3 at a time on the field(I hope)

I'm actually curious on how it'll work because depending on the ending lag you'll still be able to kill opponents by gimping AND surviving it yourself.

Something involving Shulk without using outdated Shulk memes
strangetime.jpg

Sort of broke the rule, but this is a fine trash meme.

Shulk is the greatest, please go play Xenoblade Chronicles everyone.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The thing about Simon is that we had Verge's rumors, and his music was accidentally leaked before the Direct. Whereas with Geno, we're not even sure if he's in (I think it's highly probable) and aren't really sure if his "leak(s)" are legitimate--whereas Ken within a few days we were pretty much certain of it's legitimacy. So in terms of Ultimate, Simon and Ken would be the worst kept secrets.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Is this event in Early November? Like November 1st/2nd?

If so, this could possibly be where the Direct gets announced for the week following I think (11/7 or 11/8).
It is.

Who knows, it could be nothing, or it could be something. Sakurai never tweeted about any demos before to my knowledge though. Usually something happens soon after he tweets.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm not against him, but what do you think he would actually do? Not the biggest fan of Persona here.
Aside from being expert with daggers (and pistols but he wouldn't use them), he's very athletic and jump around in a shape of stylised shadow. Also he can summon this:
-to help him fight, like a Stand.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Honestly, my only issues with Square-Enix supposedly being pissed about Geno is that...Geno is in so many Fakes leaks Picture/Text that at this point, they would be pissed off say day one, like...He's so speculated that, I don't feel like it would bring Square-Enix's wrath if it was him

I'm not sure if it makes sense only for me or not...

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
There is one who knows if Geno is in Smash, and her name is Rosalina because she runs the Star Road.

So... what does everyone think of this thread by PushDustIn from September 2nd?
That looks like the Dixie trophy from Melee and Banjo looks like a cutout from a magazine.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, my only issues with Square-Enix supposedly being pissed about Geno is that...Geno is in so many Fakes leaks Picture/Text that at this point, they would be pissed off say day one, like...He's so speculated that, I don't feel like it would bring Square-Enix's wrath if it was him

I'm not sure if it makes sense only for me or not...
No, I get it. They'd be nervous but Geno might as well be the new Mr. Fake Leak at this point.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
The thing about Simon is that we had Verge's rumors, and his music was accidentally leaked before the Direct. Whereas with Geno, we're not even sure if he's in (I think it's highly probable) and aren't really sure if his "leak(s)" are legitimate--whereas Ken within a few days we were pretty much certain of it's legitimacy. So in terms of Ultimate, Simon and Ken would be the worst kept secrets.
Agreed on Simon. Simon should have been a jaw drop to the floor reveal.

But instead between Vergeben and the music leak, the second I saw an edge of a castle I was like oh ok Simon. (Thank God Richter & King K. Rool saved the show).

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It is.

Who knows, it could be nothing, or it could be something. Sakurai never tweeted about any demos before to my knowledge though. Usually something happens soon after he tweets.
It ends on the 4th of November.
That could possibly mean the Direct announcement happens on Sunday (2 weeks from now) and the Direct happens the week of. Which would be about 2 and a half weeks from now.

Not much longer of a wait now thankfully.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom