• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I actually was here for that, only because I wanted to listen to something else.

I meant today, as in, were there any ridiculous "leaks" or anything like that today? Just wondering, since I love debunking them in my spare time.
Oh, well then in that case, brace yourself...

KMDP

Smash Legend
I thought this was neat.
I wouldn't be surprised if, once you unlock all the characters and beat All-Star Mode for the first time, you unlock a Special Version of the Menu theme that combines all of them into one or something.

That'd be pretty neat.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh, well then in that case, brace yourself...

Please help me. I forgot that was a thing years ago.

Seriously, this song would have been perfect for page 5666. Someone should have tagged me!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All I have to say about Melee are its elitists. They really seem stuck in the past and are too stubborn to move on, like many Sonic fans I know. They should just move on and realize that a Smash game doesn't have to be exactly like Melee to be their liking. A few changes should not ruin anything, let alone trigger those people just because they don't like it, especially when everyone else, or most people, do not mind those things. I know it can be hard to let go, but if one stays in the past, they are never happy with anything else, even the smallest thing that should not affect them. You guys know what I mean?
People just like Melee. If people wanna play Melee, seriously, where is the harm in that? If they don't want to move on because they don't like the newer games as much or at all...that's okay? I mean, really, it is. It's harmless personal preference in what someone thinks is fun.

I like Super Mario Odyssey and think it's the best 3D Mario ATM. However, that doesn't mean I feel any Mario before it is all of the sudden invalidated or people who don't agree with me are "elitists" or "stuck in the past".

Basically, if you don't like Melee and don't wanna play it, cool. If other people do, also cool. Play what game you wanna play, as there is no objectively "best Smash" when that notion itself is completely subjective to one's tastes, and disagreeing with someone on the taste in a video game doesn't make someone "toxic" or "elitist".

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Melee needs to be removed from EVO. Melee elitists who attack other Smash games for not being exactly like theirs are pure cancer and need to be eradicated for good. I love Melee and have fond memories of it, but the community is just unbearable. I hope they aren't vindicated.
Melee's just too different from the other Smash games tho. I'm not a Melee player, but I totally understand them. Brawl had massive changes that altered the gameplay dramatically. The only analogy I can think of is if Let's Go was the main series from now on.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh, now it's 69, huh? You know what that means...

He's thanking mario but I don't know enough of the context to understand why

All I know is that I find the whole having your eyes closed while they're open thing slightly weird in many art styles

Iridium

Smash Hero
He's thanking mario but I don't know enough of the context to understand why

All I know is that I find the whole having your eyes closed while they're open thing slightly weird in many art styles
Imagine the human race looking like that for a moment. Would you run away, or accept it? Well, maybe it's worth a look?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
People just like Melee. If people wanna play Melee, seriously, where is the harm in that? If they don't want to move on because they don't like the newer games as much or at all...that's okay? I mean, really, it is. It's harmless personal preference in what someone thinks is fun.

I like Super Mario Odyssey and think it's the best 3D Mario ATM. However, that doesn't mean I feel any Mario before it is all of the sudden invalidated or people who don't agree with me are "elitists" or "stuck in the past".

Basically, if you don't like Melee and don't wanna play it, cool. If other people do, also cool. Play what game you wanna play, as there is no objectively "best Smash" when that notion itself is completely subjective to one's tastes, and disagreeing with someone on the taste in a video game doesn't make someone "toxic" or "elitist".
*Sweatdrops* It's their elitist behavior I talk about, it is not about playing the game. It is fine to play Melee, but letting it be the center of one's world to the point that nothing else can is not really okay behavior. Being elitist towards others who don't like Melee and like other games is not okay either, and there are elitists who do that? And I certainly wasn't talking about those like you. It has more to do with behavior than opinion.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I thought this was neat.

That's true.

Because I closed the spoiler tag.
If there's no nod to Brawl, that's a shame--it's my favorite opening music (I know I may be in the minority there, but I love it's ironic juxtaposition with its corny grandiosity--also since I never played Melee, Brawl's kind of my Melee).

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Do we need to bring the yoshi stack back??
What is this "Yoshi stack"? All I can think of is my old fanfictions involving Mario (and me - yes, I was in my old fanfics (I still am in my fanfics, just in a greatly reduced role), stopping Bowser from using Yoshi as ingredients to bake a cake...

I'm both curious and frightened about how Zinith Zinith will react to this premise.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
What is this "Yoshi stack"? All I can think of is my old fanfictions involving Mario (and me - yes, I was in my old fanfics (I still am in my fanfics, just in a greatly reduced role), stopping Bowser from using Yoshi as ingredients to bake a cake...

I'm both curious and frightened about how Zinith Zinith will react to this premise.
I would disassociate with you very quickly if I read those

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Creativo. I like it.
But it needs that James-Bond-ish. How about.. Creativ-00
Nevermind. That's terrible.

Mr. Tibbs. It's perfect.

I was thinking about dumping 007 and going with 9S for me. But I don't know, it seems too cliche.
How is Creativo-9, then?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom