• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Page 666? I better post something truly, truly evil then!

244010021015212.png

EDIT: NO I'M ONE PAGE LATE

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
And that fake leakers are idiots who want to look smart but shoot themselves in the foot by realizing that leakers are idiots. Seriously, what sort of warped, malfunctional risk-reward thought matrix does a person need to not realize that losing one's job isn't worth being an E-list celebrity online?
Some people just want to be remembered, as cliche as it sounds.

And to this day we remember and bring up the ESRB leak.

So they got their wish.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Some people just want to be remembered, as cliche as it sounds.

And to this day we remember and bring up the ESRB leak.

So they got their wish.
Like I said on the last page, they won't be remembered for long, plus, there are other ways of getting remembered, better ways. Here is what I said on the last page.

Not to mention that even if you were willing to take the risk of losing your job, your fame would really be short lived, and not so big in the end. Plus, since you lost your job over leaking it, you'd probably get some negative reception from people too in the sense that they think you did something stupid over something not worth it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got it!

The reason why there is no new Smash leaks is because everything has already been leaked.

We already know the final product

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
So about the Elma video...

>Xenoblade Chronicles X being difficult to recreate

Oof, that’s an oof for sure

But surely, they must still have the source code right? All you gotta do is change the controls, maybe add some content with the existing source code if they still have it and voila

...I think. I have no idea how porting works.

Anyway, imma share that vid in the Elma thread
The interview in question.

As for specifically the bit relevant to Xenoblade Chronicles X...

As the sun set on our conversation, I ask Takahashi a question that's admittedly predictable, but burns my soul nevertheless: "Is there a chance we'll see a port of the Wii U's Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Switch?" Like many excellent games on the failed console, Xenoblade Chronicles X faded into relative obscurity and is deserving of new life on the Switch.​

"Well, the future at present is unclear," Takahashi says, which is the same answer I received when I ask about the possibility of a Xenoblade Chronicles 3. "Personally speaking, I'd love to play the game on the Switch, but it would be really difficult to make it."​
When it comes to roadblocks that stand in the way of Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Switch, Takahashi's answer is simple.​
"Money," he laughs. "It's a massive game. Re-creating it would be really difficult."​

As you'll note, Takahashi is not really answering the question, but rather prevaricates when asked. This is the expected response when dealing with these sorts of matters, but I feel it worth pointing out regardless.

The information presented

A: Takahashi would personally like to see it happen.
Subjective opinion, asserts a personal approval of the notion, but evades providing a proper answer.
B: Xenoblade X would be difficult to port.
Fact. Stating the obvious. Porting a game of that size requires many man-hours and a great deal of work.

C: Xenoblade X would be expensive to port.
Fact. Stating the obvious.
Nothing Takahashi says here is false, but nothing he says here confirms or denies such a project. That is to say, much like the maker of the video interpreted it to mean, "Such a project is not currently planned" one could take the same words to mean, "It is currently planned, but Takahashi isn't willing to talk about it yet" and both would be equally valid. There simply is not enough information being provided on the matter to reach a proper conclusion.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Been 4 years and they're still remembered.

Better or not doesn't really matter; they got their wish as I said.

Also hi best friend.
Maybe, but still, fame does not last forever. And some people may forget over time, meaning the leakers lose that fame. Not to mention, Ultimate is coming out only 2-4 years after Wii U/3DS. It's a short time frame, really.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Maybe, but still, fame does not last forever. And some people may forget over time, meaning the leakers lose that fame. Not to mention, Ultimate is coming out only 2-4 years after Wii U/3DS. It's a short time frame, really.
4 years is 4 years. That's a damn long time. The majority have not forgotten.

My point is that the most notorious leakers are remembered today, if even just by one person.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Not to mention that even if you were willing to take the risk of losing your job, your fame would really be short lived, and not so big in the end. Plus, since you lost your job over leaking it, you'd probably get some negative reception from people too in the sense that they think you did something stupid over something not worth it.
I amended my post to go into this... :ultgreninja:'d, Luigifan18: 0, SonicSmasher1: 15, score is 15-love.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ok what in the **** is this Vergeben # stuff, or do I even want to know
more or less an inside joke stemming from the "Vergeben hivemind" thing from a few days ago

*Barely missed page 5666*

This is actually mildly horrifying.
When we making a creepy Yoshi game, bois?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Vergeben 820 reminding everyone that I guessed a blog post, so I am a true leaker.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
4 years is 4 years. That's a damn long time. The majority have not forgotten.

My point is that the most notorious leakers are remembered today, if even just by one person.
Still, what about ten years? Or long after they are gone? Or famous in pop culture or the whole world? I am probably exaggerating on this, but you should still get what I mean. Plus, to me, four years is not that long.

Not to mention, those with lasting fame continually do things to be remembered. These leakers who leak and lose their jobs over it can't really continue leaking to be kept remembered. This one guy you speak of may well be an exception, but still, it is not like you can keep being famous over doing one thing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My favorite part is the person who is gonna go "y'alls is creepy cut it out" in the next page or two

Vergeben 820 reminding everyone that I guessed a blog post, so I am a true leaker.
I got the animal crossing announcement down, so hey.

It's a club now.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Daily reminder that I'm only here to ****-post as Vergeben #100312

SMASHBOARDS WAS AN INSIDE JOB.

It appears we shared the same fate.

Tookie Bo waba
We've met with a terrible one for sure.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Still, what about ten years? Or long after they are gone? Or famous in pop culture or the whole world? I am probably exaggerating on this, but you should still get what I mean. Plus, to me, four years is not that long.

Not to mention, those with lasting fame continually do things to be remembered. These leakers who leak and lose their jobs over it can't really continue leaking to be kept remembered. This one guy you speak of may well be an exception, but still, it is not like you can keep being famous over doing one thing.
I will continue to make the same point that 4 years is a damn long time to be remembered as well as the ESRB leaker is.
He's gonna keep being famous for this one thing as long as Smash exists, which it will for decades to come.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I amended my post to go into this... :ultgreninja:'d, Luigifan18: 0, SonicSmasher1: 15, score is 15-love.
Thanks, Lugifan18! By the way, sorry for the little argument we got into about the Pope we got into. Despite some things I said, you DID have some really good points.

google chrom

Smash Apprentice

@onehitwonders, i know never gonna give you up by rick astley, and i have for years now. I know zero of his other songs.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I missed the page 5666, but I want to post something evil too:
Bandana Adeleine.png

Bandana Adeleine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom