• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, do you guys think we'll be getting a reveal tomorrow?
Unless it’s a totally random unexpected thing, no. They’d have announced it today

Hmm...do they do direct announcements in the evening tho...?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No one will prioritize Melee, Ultimate will always get top billing by Nintendo just as 4 did in the smash community.

But there's nothing about Ultimate's existence that means everyone should just drop Melee and move on to the new game. You yourself have admitted that the physic engine of both games are vastly different, and thats the main reason why Melee players wont move on. They dont find new smash FUN competitively. You cant force them to play games they dont enjoy playing or watching.

And your assessment that the only reason the game survives is because the "God's" don't want to move on is absolute horse****. The community is more than just the top players, there wouldn't BE a community if it was just the top players. The Melee community is that of people who simply prefer Melee over the other games, despite never topping at a major, or maybe even winning a local. It's made up of people who kept the game alive without any support from Nintendo or anybody else, just out of pure love for the game.

And then there's your point that only few people actually top in Melee, meanwhile the likes of Zain, Plup, Leffen, and others who have only recently come up and began to dominate in the scene prove that false.

Melee will never overtake Ultimate, but why on Earth would you hope for the scene to just die?
Sorry. Got too bitter. I'm simply exhausted of the Melee scene. You have valid and good points.

I was just trying to point out why I personally would like Ultimate to take over, because I feel I'll enjoy watching it much more. I stand by my domination point however; you have to admit there's not too many folks who do well at the bigger Melee tournament. But I can agree and understand with the rest of your points.

Thanks for understanding.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And therein lies the problem. You can only git so gud with a mid/low tier character.

I also don't have time to git gud. I really don't care if I lose most of the time, I just want to play the game, unless you (as a player) are unfun to fight against.
I'm not being serious enough for you to disclaim yourself.

And you can git as gud as you want. If you've stopped at whatever tier that means you're letting THE MAN dictate your game

THE MAN.

Unless it’s a totally random unexpected thing, no. They’d have announced it today

Hmm...do they do direct announcements in the evening tho...?
Well let's see.
People expect the blog post around 9PM est on weekdays (give or take some amount of time). That's 10AM in Japan.
I'd not be shocked if something was talked about between 6PM (7AM) and 9PM (10AM).

Will it happen? Unlikely. But I'm just saying if something falls between those times, or even slightly after, I wouldn't be shocked.

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow is Thursday let’s pray that a direct will happen tomorrow!
Scale to 1 to 10 what is your scale of a direct tomorrow?
7/10

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I'd prefer Ultimate takes over, too. I've said before that Melee is a game we can play until the heat death of the universe, but Ultimate is going to be the better solution in the long-run for the Smash community. In fact, I hope Ultimate finally unites the entire Smash scene into one game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
BTW should had Ryu and Lucario reversed. :p

*Lucario reaches out to Ryu weakly*
:ultlucario:: Lucario...
:ultryu:: No...No, no, no, no!
*Lucario gets dusted*
:ultryu:: No Lucario...

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
7/10
1/10
I'm gonna guess next week or 1st week of November for the final Smash direct, so it doesn't cramp Let's Go's style come mid-late November

Shroob

Sup?
7/10
0/10.

General Directs are announced the day before they happen.

Game-specific Directs are announced several days before they happen.

Directs aren't just dropped on us one day with 0 heads up, that's terrible marketing.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tfw Snake had to watch both versions of his girlfriend Samus get snapped tho oof

and Lucina with her boyfriend...which one? You decide

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, expecting nothing next week and be cautiously optimistic the next.

The week of Halloween crosses over into November, and after that will be the first full week of November.

At this point, unless they spring a surprise on us next week, we're just not going to have an October Direct, and I've made peace with that fact.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
At this point, expecting nothing next week and be cautiously optimistic the next.

The week of Halloween crosses over into November, and after that will be the first full week of November.

At this point, unless they spring a surprise on us next week, we're just not going to have an October Direct, and I've made peace with that fact.
May I ask why?
Wouldn't late October be even more realistic than earlier?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Tfw Snake had to watch both versions of his girlfriend Samus get snapped tho oof

and Lucina with her boyfriend...which one? You decide
I was going to argue that Snake only has eyes for Otacon but then I remembered this is Smash Snake who is not Solid Snake so I approve of this ship now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
7/10
Sorry, but my rating is...

-555/10. Don't see one happening, honestly. Maybe a character reveal, though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Obviously then Geno will be the key to it all in fixing everything from The Snap as he's contacted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom