• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
So, nothing today?

Hopefully we get something soon. I don’t want it to be near Halloween though, since I’m worried that a bunch of people are going to say that X character is likely because they’re Halloween themed.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
For as much flack as Melee's community gets (a lot of it unjustified IMO), from what little I've seen and heard about Smash 4's community, it sounds like there was tons of infighting and poor decision making (Seriously, why was nothing done about Bayo?). Melee seems to have the steadier community from what I've seen, and also seems to be the game most prefer to watch, so I personally don't see any harm in letting Melee still appear at tourneys.

Also, maybe don't generalize the Melee community? What you're describing sounds like every single fandom and community in existence. Yes, there are people whose behavior is shameful, but they certainly do not represent the entirety of Melee's community. Lots of people play the game, and plenty of them enjoy the other games too, and even if they don't, they don't attack other games or their players. A few people being toxic doesn't mean the whole community is.
You don't see Smash 4 fans go onto Melee videos and attack them though.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly. I would rather have Steve in Smash than Banjo, as long as he doesn't look like this of course:
Sooooo, since this was the first post I saw since logging in today, I'm gonna go ahead and assume without scrolling that there's been no Smash news today.

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
The best way I can describe this drought is with the sequence of time cards in the episode "Rock a bye bivalve" of spongebob

Untouch

Smash Master
So, nothing today?

Hopefully we get something soon. I don’t want it to be near Halloween though, since I’m worried that a bunch of people are going to say that X character is likely because they’re Halloween themed.
I really do have a feeling we just aren't getting anything this month at all.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
So, nothing today?

Where’ve you been? I’ve seen people throw around baseless Halloween speculation all damn month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom