• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Heck yeah, especially if that means we get this music:

A lot of the music in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is really nice. There are certainly a whole bunch that would be appropriate for Smash. Others are really quite relaxing to listen to, such as Fonsett Village (one of my favourites):

...although I doubt it would really fit the fighting game that is Smash.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Remember when Namco accidentally leaked some information about them looking for developers to work for a Smash 6? I think that was a couple of months before Smash 4 was released. Everyone was understandably confused.
It was taken down almost immediately so it's pretty obvious they didn't want people to know about this. Could they have been hiring people at the time for this project?

Edit: Found it
https://www.vg247.com/2014/04/07/sm...says-new-game-is-coming-to-wii-u-3ds-in-2015/
https://www.destructoid.com/bandai-namco-reportedly-recruiting-talent-for-smash-bros-6--272993.phtml

Alternatively, they could have meant the DLC development perhaps.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
you know the more i look at the mods of ridley, the more im convinced that sakurai can make ridley playable. the only question is if he is willing to.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I hope :4peach::rosalina: return and maybe even daisy gets a spot. Obvious wishful thinking.

More importantly that there is a way to safely approach and pressure in the switch smash unlike smash 4 where literally everything can be punished out of shield minus grab regardless of spacing.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
So what are some stages that you do not want to see return?

I hate Mushroomy Kingdom and Jungle Japes so ****ing much
Any stage that side scrolls is one that should not be in Smash in my opinion, they just drive me nuts. I hope The Great Gave Offensive is one that does not come back as well. It is just way too big (lol unlike Ridley).

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I liked Jungle Japes. It's just that it was better to play on it in Brawl rather in 3DS because of the swim mechanics.

Regarding scrolling stages, I'd say 3D Land is actually good because of the variety.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I would honestly really like some ARMS representation in Smash 5, even if it's just a stage and no playable characters. Could make for a great battleground and some awesome music.
I actually think they have a high chance of having new character or characters next to Xenoblade and whether you like it or not, Fire Emblem, in my opinion.
Isn't Emily Rogers also involved in that leak. If so, she has been wrong a few times. Like all leaks. Until there's convincing evidence, then I remain skeptical.
Even when it comes to Infos from credible figures, you know what they say.
Take those Infos with a grain of salt.
Hm... Even though just only occasionally it seems that many users forgot or even don't really care that simply posting pic count as spam....
By they way, it would be awesome if Mario has some of those wacky costume in Smash Bros Switch.
Rosalina's Final smash needs a buff.
A remake to be exact...
Oh!

uhhh...

"Ridley is in smash, I know it because I broke into sakurai's house and saw it written down on the back of his switch"

-A notable leaker, totally.

(please don't ban me its a joke)
Is even speaking rumors or hyping up the possibility of Ridley in Smash Bros Switch a kind of curse/taboo or something? Lol

This is a half joke by the way...

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
A lot of the music in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is really nice. There are certainly a whole bunch that would be appropriate for Smash. Others are really quite relaxing to listen to, such as Fonsett Village (one of my favourites):

...although I doubt it would really fit the fighting game that is Smash.
There is SO MUCH fantastic music in the Xenoblade series! Honestly, I’m down with more content just for the soundtrack inclusions alone.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
*dust off soapbox and perches upon*

Honestly, a woman should be able to be shirtless anywhere a man could be.

If Shulk can be shirtless and expose his nipples in Smash, why can't anyone else?
Captain Falcon has nipple caps sewn into his suit so his racing fans know that he has them.

I'd say future mammalian characters can be as nude as Shulk in his underwear.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Remember when Namco accidentally leaked some information about them looking for developers to work for a Smash 6? I think that was a couple of months before Smash 4 was released. Everyone was understandably confused.
It was taken down almost immediately so it's pretty obvious they didn't want people to know about this. Could they have been hiring people at the time for this project?

Edit: Found it
https://www.vg247.com/2014/04/07/sm...says-new-game-is-coming-to-wii-u-3ds-in-2015/
https://www.destructoid.com/bandai-namco-reportedly-recruiting-talent-for-smash-bros-6--272993.phtml

Alternatively, they could have meant the DLC development perhaps.
Yeah, I remember Vaanrose was one of the first people to really claim that they were going to make a "Deluxe" edition. He kinda popularized the idea here on Smashboards. And I think it might have been because of that listing. I miss Vaanrose :'(

D

Deleted member

I want everyone to keep their voices from Smash 4 except for :4bowser::4dk::4diddy:, because the realistic animal voices is losing its touch. :4fox:needs a voice change, because sure that is his voice from 64, but it sounds a lot weirder than the 64 version even. Give Fox his Brawl voice back and I am happy.

Speaking of Brawl.. I want these guys to return. :popo::wolf::snake::ivysaur::squirtle: ( Not Pokemon Trainer, just Ivysaur and Squirtle alone from each other, independent. )
If any of the females expose their nipples, then Smash wouldn't be E10+/T-rated anymore.
Oh you are taking this too far. The game would be mature instantly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So are we to believe that Rex would have Pyra/Mythra at his side when he fights? Because if 8 Player Smash were to return I don't think it would be able to handle 8 Rexs alongside 8 Pyras/Mythras.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
So are we to believe that Rex would have Pyra/Mythra at his side when he fights? Because if 8 Player Smash were to return I don't think it would be able to handle 8 Rexs alongside 8 Pyras/Mythras.
Well if it goes as I imagine it would, Rex would just switch blades. They might be standing in the background ala Pokemon Trainer or make a quick appearance beside him when he switches blades. They certainly wouldn't run around like Ice Climbers, or even Luma for that matter. They're just channeling energy to him aside from a few specials, after all.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I think the idea would be for them to be something like a passive background element type thing that follows Rex along and is not actually targetable, although Sm4sh did have :rosalina:so it could very well work. My thinking was that Pyra/Mythra would sort of move around the stage a bit, but generally be a bit away from Rex, that way the affinity link thingy could be incorporated and Rex would have to be aware of his spacing from Pyra/Mythra.

Mafew

Smash Rookie
I’m not sure if smash for switch will be a port or a new game. On one hand, it has a very similar logo and came out quickly. But they had a smash game for every major Nintendo console and why would they change link’s design for a port.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Well if it goes as I imagine it would, Rex would just switch blades. They might be standing in the background ala Pokemon Trainer or make a quick appearance beside him when he switches blades. They certainly wouldn't run around like Ice Climbers, or even Luma for that matter. They're just channeling energy to him aside from a few specials, after all.
Ok, so Ice Climbers won't come back, because they wouldn't work in 8 Player Smash, but Rex would be safe. Got it :troll:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Off subject, but my ex and I always thought it would be neat if there were grapple points in stages that characters could utilize seamlessly in combos or movements. Originally, the idea favored characters with ledge grapples (Shiek’s chain; Samus’ grapple beam; etc) but it would be better if everyone could do it. I just always thought it could be a neat mechanic.

Sorry for the random thought; it’s 11:20pm here. I’m tired.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I’m not sure if smash for switch will be a port or a new game. On one hand, it has a very similar logo and came out quickly. But they had a smash game for every major Nintendo console and why would they change link’s design for a port.
The logo is different enough to raise the question. This Smash game has also been in development form the sounds of it for at least 2 years, which would place it within a similar development period as Smash for WiiU/3DS and longer than Melee. Looking at the poll at the top of the page it also seems that around 60% of the people here seem to think that it is very likely a new game.

This is not to say there is 0% chance of being a port, but I do not see that happening. Just does not gel with how Sakurai seems to operate, along with the signs of it being something new (new characters, BotW Link, new logo, reasonable development time).

Off subject, but my ex and I always thought it would be neat if there were grapple points in stages that characters could utilize seamlessly in combos or movements. Originally, the idea favored characters with ledge grapples (Shiek’s chain; Samus’ grapple beam; etc) but it would be better if everyone could do it. I just always thought it could be a neat mechanic.

Sorry for the random thought; it’s 11:20pm here. I’m tired.
Would give characters with a grapple some interesting movement options on the stage (maybe something like Gaur Plains?). Sound like it could be a fun idea. 4:50pm here :)

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Rex and Pyra.

Pyra is a Z-Axis fighter that stays in the dodge/side roll area. She has one jump, follows Rex yet his slower, and cannot be KO'ed or jump off the stage.

She can attack toward the screen hitting dodgers and side rollers. Rex can throw characters over to her for a combo.

Any other blades can be selected on the character select screen. They show up behind Rex as silhouettes except for the one highlighted in color by the select cursor.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Ok, so Ice Climbers won't come back, because they wouldn't work in 8 Player Smash, but Rex would be safe. Got it :troll:
But... Ice... Uhh...
SO8VK6U.jpg

I do think Ice Climbers will come back and that they will work in 8 player Smash on the Switch, too. As far as XB2 Drivers and Blades go, however, the blades don't really do the fighting. Plus making another Player+AI character would steal Ice Climbers gimmick, and then a puppet character scenario would steal Rosalina's.
I imagine Rex will just have different strengths/weaknesses depending on which blade he equips at the time. Sort of like Shulk's Monado Arts, but not on a timer and can switch freely. The downside being that the blades create a less substantial difference than a Monado Art, but you also only have 2 options rather than 5 Arts+Neutral stance. Blades will just be chillin' in the background doing blade things.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
The only similarity in the logo is the font which Brawl also used.

I'm sure Sakurai would want nothing less than a new experience; the dude is a perfectionist who would suffer through physical pain to make the best Smash games he could possibly make, and he has said in the past that he doesn't like the idea of porting Smash games.

He also did say that his next project was decided back in January 2016 and he confirmed he was making a new game in November 2016. I'm guessing he stared making this Smash shortly after DLC development for the last Smash ended, which is about the same amount of time it took for him to make both the 3DS and Wii U versions of Smash, so imagine what could be done making just one game within a similar time frame.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
As someone who hates Rex but adores Pyra I'd take Solo Pyra.

Rex is like a necessary evil to me.
I don't think there will be solo Pyra... And I got to defend Rex here....
I think in terms of regular moves, it is how Rex holds the Aegies sword compared to how Shulk holds the monado. Rex always holds the aegies sword with two hands and puts power into every swing. While Shulk can alternate between one hand and can swing the monado relatively easily. It'd be almost impossible to have their jabs and tilts be the same. Like Rex probably couldn't do Shulk's tilts or smashes.

Then like other's have pointed out, Rex doesn't use monado arts but rather has blades. Blades could be different weapon types like knuckles and hammers. And once you build up a meter, Rex could give his weapon to his blade to perform a "special" in his game. There was also a mechanic called blade combo, but that might be a bit much for smash.
I think Rex might have the same slashing speed as Ike.
Like I said before a bit ocessionally though, I think Rex will be the only character to be "playable", there is no way Pyra, or Mythra, ory fav Brighid will be solo.
I think Rex will be like Smash 5's "Pokémon Trainer" but a bit more complex.
Rex can have other blades to use besides Pyra/Mythra. My wish is Newt, Theory, or Perceval for Katana, knuckles I have to go for Adenine.
That being said, I think Rock will be the most likely blade to be in Smash among all the other rare blades, this involves with spoiler a bit so don't ask me why.

And yes, Blade combos are too much for Smash I mean you didn't have Xenoblade 's regular chain combo break>topple>daze as well in Smash 4.
I like Rex.

I just really, really don't like his voice actor.

He does passable in normal conversation, but any time a scene gets emotional he just... Drops the ball. Adam Howden he ain't.

That being said, I feel having Rex AND Pyra as a single character is an infinitely more interesting idea than Pyra solo. Lends itself to some interesting ideas.
Same, mixed when it comes to his voice.
Regularly OK...
In serious, life and death scenes, terrible, just like how you and most people said.

But when it comes to main characters Nia I still stand by say her English VA is the worst, her Japanese VA was not only good but also kawaii ~

The worst English VA.. For now has to go to a rare Blade called Nim.. .

I agree with a Rex and Pyra duo for now, but why not Mythra? She is the biggest of the bunch and makes the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 representation even better than it already is. Mythra would also be a really good option for a "mini Monando". Mythra does less knockback and more damage, Pyra does less damage but more knockback, and Rex is in the middle. Thoughts?
. .
They will both be in...
Just
Don't forget that attacks in Xenoblade 2 are only at their strongest when a Blade and their Driver are connected by their affinity ribbon, I.E. close to one another. Again, an idea I think could lend itself to Smash quite well.
I personally think that will be too much, I think Pyra or blade will just be on the back stage or on the stage but can't be hit (nor the blade will attack unless they use Blade special)
The issue with that is that Pyra's Fire attacks would set off explosives while Mythra's presumably wouldn't.

Fire effects aren't just aesthetic in Smash, so that's a gameplay difference.
Didn't Roy and Ike have specials that explodes too?
If the boob blades are in Smash Switch, I don't think it will be E for everyone anymore.

Probably T.
Haha boob blades very funny...

You not wrong for most female Blades, but there are male Blades that are awesome.
The boob blades.

Y'know, Dhalia.

Bayonetta was in Smash 4,so is Dahlia's inclusion a problem?

If anyone thinks or says that Dahlia in Smash is not okay, but Bayonetta in Smash is okay... Then I am seeing double standards if I did say so myself.
Can't Rex's down b just be used for switching between Pyra and Mythra?
I use to say that the taunt buttons :GCDpad: will be the swap Blade button, just like in the game... But that can be a problem if you use one side joy con to play Smash (Suppose Smash Bros Switch is very likely to support table top Mode)
Xenoblade 2 characters.
The Xenoblade 2 most female rare Blades to be exact.
Oh believe me, if Pyra gets in Smash, she's putting on pants. If female Corrin's thigh window was too much, you better believe Pyra's "outfit" is gonna be more substantial. :p
You don't even have censordhip in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, so I don't see Smash Bros Switch will be E10+ either...
I just hope you don't actually do wish them adjusting Pyra's pants lol. Because that's unnecessary in my opinion.
I don't see them going back to a T rating for the purpose of keeping one (honestly tacky) design exactly the same. Mark my words, if Pyra is playable, there's gonna be some form of censorship. It's inevitable, frankly.
Suppose Smash Switch is more of an enhanced version of Smash 4,maybe.

But if you look at how Nintendo Switch games are region free, and Mature rated games are not getting censorship at all (look at a game called Gal Gun 2 that's coming to Switch) and don't get me started on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 itself.. I doubt we will see censorship ... until we see Smash Bros Switch ESRB rating.
Eugh, I hope that the Xenoblade characters aren't as fanservice-y as they are in their home game. I hate that kinda stuff. When you can tell something was designed specifically for fanservice it just completely pulls me out of the experience and grosses me out, especially with how young some characters look.
If that is your wish, hey, I respect that..
And more often than not, unlike you, fanservice y stuff don't bother me too much as long as they aren't an essential part of the game....
Just consider fanservices like salt, I like when there's only some of them for my meal. But I hate it if that is my only food. However, it is also okay if you don't want any salt on your meal at all.
Yo, Pyra looks like her shorts are suffocating her crotch, das not ok for fightin', Im pretty sure they gonna make them larger if she makes it lol.
Mythra shows enough boob in game to the point I wonder the location of her nipples.

They def gonna get changes like it or not.
Yay, I'm pretty they will give Pyra that brown cover.. .thing....back in chapter 2...

To be honest here, I really want that design to be in Smash Bros Switch. . Then again, I am actually fine of they did censor Pyra and Mythra's design, but I still think it is very likely that they won't.

Edit:yes, I know, too long.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Would Rex have a similar Final Smash to Shulk?

Hopefully that means we could get a Nia Mii costume lmao

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

It'd either be a chain attack or Pyra/Mythra's level 4 blade specials.

Danpal65

Smash Lord

I could see it being something similar, but I could also see it involving Pyra/Mythra unleashing their full power in an attack with Rex.

They have a third "true" form in the game

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I could see it being something similar, but I could also see it involving Pyra/Mythra unleashing their full power in an attack with Rex.

They have a third "true" form in the game
I know about that spoiler, but would they really use that in a final smash? I don't think so personally.

I just want Nia, Dromarch, Tora and Poppi to show up so we could possibly get nice models of them (And maybe even HQ renders like Smash 4 Dunban!)

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I know about that spoiler, but would they really use that in a final smash? I don't think so personally.

I just want Nia, Dromarch, Tora and Poppi to show up so we could possibly get nice models of them (And maybe even HQ renders like Smash 4 Dunban!)
Personally I would also prefer to see the gang turn up, Nia and Tora are great team mates. They could also have Zeke or Morag be a part of it if they randomised who turned up or something. My only concern is that it would be pretty much a cut and paste of Shulk's final smash. That is the only reason I think they might go for the other option.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Like this?
Maybe I am use to the original ..
I don't like the right...
We still don't even know what Pokemon Switch IS.

And even if it gets delayed, Smash is still going to be out long before Pokemon Switch comes around.

AND the Eeveelution leak is as fake as my enthusiasm for Daisy in Smash. :troll:

Yo, that actually looks really good. I'm down for that. Her armor actually looks PRACTICAL now.
Nope, perhaps it's really just me but I think the right makes Pyra look even more....uncomfortable ..

And does a Xenoblade game need a practical clothing? *insert thinking emoji*

Yeah, like that. It looks good.

See, the problem with Pyra/Mythra's designs is that they just don't look good to begin with. I was watching a ProZD video today, and he put it best when he said their designs look like the designs of "a fake anime you would see playing on the TV in the background of a real anime".

Something to that extent, at any rate.
I don't know or even sub ProZD so sorry... But his statement makes absolutely no sense....
Yessssssssssss
Booooooo.....
Sorry...
Not quite what I'd expect (mainly the sleeves), but it works.
More like I prefer as it was...
Don't get me wrong guys, the right "censored design" does not look bad at all, but I think this kind of disrespects the creator's original design.... But hey, that is just my own opinion.
Emm...
For Pyra just make the shorts bigger and have the front clothing actually covering all the front; covering legs and arms is already exaggerating.
For Mythra make the dress longer and reduce the cleavage window.
Eh, no offense but... Why?
Me I am okay the way they are when it comes to designs, some not my cup of tea but it's not like I hope anything should be adjusted or something.
Bah fanservice discussions.

They would probably try to make as few changes as possible to Pyra. But it is probable they would make changes. Sakurai himself is fine with fanservice and was upset he had to make changes to palutena for the japanese version of smash 4.
And again, debating censorship when we clearly know that M rated games are not getting censored at all on Nintendo Switch....

This isn't Wii U/3DS Era guys....
If you ask me, even though XB2 came out fairly recently, Sakurai surely knew about it ahead of time. And between the success of XB1 and good reception of XBX, I'd say that adding a character from XB2 would have been a safe gamble for Sakurai to take when deciding the roster.
He even play and finish the game for Monado's sake. Lol

Honestly I expect a XC2 Character... but not in the base game.

I have some bad news for you...

Our Special Inquisitor would be perfect as all of her arts would look natural as smash attacks

Smash:GCU:: Azure II: Judgement
Smash:GCD:: Azure II: Blaze
Smash:GCR:: Azure II: Hellfire

Dash Attack: Azure II: Radiance

Also Mor Ardain stage.

Mor Ardain stage.
Yes, I WANT BRIGHID IN SMASH.
I actually want to talk about that character but again hey...
This is a bit of spoiler....
You know how we can prevent the "too revealing" character and still have a Xenoblade 2 character?

Nia for smash 5!
View attachment 138705
Yes!
Even put her... ....
No wait can't mention that... .spoilers
If we considered game canon, we can blame a specific character for Pyra's loldesign

Mythra, as she created Pyra.
Ah-hem
Sorry for being paranoid a bit, but less XC2 spoiler mentioning, the better, just an advice...
I personally think you are underestimating Switch's power a bit....
Urgh, sorry, but really...
It's better to discuss with out mentioning Xenoblade Chronicles 2 spoilers ......

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
What are peoples thoughts on a Harvest Moon protag as a "wtf" character? I grew up playing the games, and they're really enjoyable. Even in light of the mediocre success of the series as of late, its been around forever. There's a new one in development right now. The character could be really interesting imo. I think the character's name would just be "Farmer" and it could have male and female variants that could also be based on the different looks of the Farmer over the years.

Gameplay wise, I think they could be the ultimate ridiculous setup character. Vegetables have to grow, after all. Or, perhaps, they would be the type of character who may struggle to gain stage control, but once they get control, its quite a stranglehold if played correctly. Y'know, a good farmer can tend the **** out of their field. The stage is their field. They could grow food and utilize farm animals for their special moves, and utilize farming tools for their normals.

The special moveset might look something like this:
Side Special: CHARGE! The Farmer hops on their horse and charges a distance forward. The distance depends on how long the ability is charged.

Up Special: Chicken glide. Several chickens appear around the Farmer, giving them a lift. The Farmer quickly emerges from the flock holding one chicken above his head, then glides back like Link does when gliding with a Cucoo in LoZ games

Down Special: Plant. The Farmer plants a random vegetable that grows over time. Halfway through the growth cycle, the plant becomes contactable, similar to trying to walk through Villagers tree, only smaller. When the plant fully grows, it radiates damage in a small area around it and also has a harvest-able fruit/vegetable that can be grabbed like an item. Damage from the item depends on the vegetable/fruit. The plant can be killed prematurely, sort of like Pikmin or Villagers tree. There can be up to 3 vegetables planted at a time.

Neutral Special:
(Honestly the only special I am struggling to establish. I know there's something I'm missing here.) Perhaps the Farmer could ring a bell. A cow will come charging through after you ring the bell. But you can hold B to ring the bell longer, and the longer you ring it, the more cows come charging through. Just an idea, I suppose.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Really sorry if I went too far. I was really vague in regards to what I am referring to, and the specific is in a spoiler tag.
Nah, I should be sorry..
That being said, if Rex is in Smash Switch, they have to stay spoiler free as possible.... Trophies though nah, they can spoiler whatever they want because :
Remember, here was a mech Fiora trophy in Smash Wii U

Also I ... Got a bit heated when it comes to me "defending" Pyra won't get censored in Smash Switch....
I am forseeing dog pile posts... Again... I think....

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Eh, no offense but... Why?
Me I am okay the way they are when it comes to designs, some not my cup of tea but it's not like I hope anything should be adjusted or something.
Those ideas are just the minimum adjustments I would like if they need to tone down stuff.
Im fine if they change a thing or three of simply change nothing; I just want them in the game.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Nah, I should be sorry..
That being said, if Rex is in Smash Switch, they have to stay spoiler free as possible.... Trophies though nah, they can spoiler whatever they want because :
Remember, here was a mech Fiora trophy in Smash Wii U

Also I ... Got a bit heated when it comes to me "defending" Pyra won't get censored in Smash Switch....
I am forseeing dog pile posts... Again... I think....
I can understand getting riled up. I actually really like Pyra's design and character (beyond the sex appeal type stuff, I just think it looks cool). I know people say that she is kinda bland as a character, but I disagree. Cliche, maybe a little, but she is one of my favourites from XC2.

In regards to her censorship, I can understand why people think she might be, but I reckon they can fudge the lines with her a bit, especially if she is a semi-background character. I mean there is not a huge amount of difference between her shorts and ZSS's bikini skin.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
But... Ice... Uhh...
View attachment 138709

I do think Ice Climbers will come back and that they will work in 8 player Smash on the Switch, too.
I really want to believe that, but based on evidence that PushDustIn has provided I don't think they would work in 8-Player Smash.

As Push pointed out a lot of things were changed in 8-Player Smash to allow it to run without hindering performance. During 8-Player Smash the background elements of some stages were changed, such as the planets remaining stationary in the Mario Galaxy stage and the mirror being removed from the Wii-Fit stage.

Also, several stages in 8-Player Smash had their hazards/elements removed, such as the lava from the Metroid stage, the brakeable pillars from the Luigi's Mansion stage, King Bulbin destroying part of the Bridge of Eldin stage, the Shy Guys from the Mario Kart stage, the Pokémon Stadium stage never altering it's appearance, and of course Ridley and Metal face are removed from their stages.

Even some character models are altered a bit, like the Wii-Fit Trainers thumb.

If 8 player Smash can't handle stuff like that I doubt it would be able to handle 16 characters at a time. The Switch is also about as powerful as the Wii U too, so if the Wii U can't handle it I doubt the Switch would be able to do much better of a job. If the Switch was really that much more powerful than the Wii U I doubt the Switch version of BoTW would share the same amount of slow down as the Wii U version.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
What are peoples thoughts on a Harvest Moon protag as a "wtf" character? I grew up playing the games, and they're really enjoyable. Even in light of the mediocre success of the series as of late, its been around forever. There's a new one in development right now. The character could be really interesting imo. I think the character's name would just be "Farmer" and it could have male and female variants that could also be based on the different looks of the Farmer over the years.

Gameplay wise, I think they could be the ultimate ridiculous setup character. Vegetables have to grow, after all. Or, perhaps, they would be the type of character who may struggle to gain stage control, but once they get control, its quite a stranglehold if played correctly. Y'know, a good farmer can tend the **** out of their field. The stage is their field. They could grow food and utilize farm animals for their special moves, and utilize farming tools for their normals.

The special moveset might look something like this:
Side Special: CHARGE! The Farmer hops on their horse and charges a distance forward. The distance depends on how long the ability is charged.

Up Special: Chicken glide. Several chickens appear around the Farmer, giving them a lift. The Farmer quickly emerges from the flock holding one chicken above his head, then glides back like Link does when gliding with a Cucoo in LoZ games

Down Special: Plant. The Farmer plants a random vegetable that grows over time. Halfway through the growth cycle, the plant becomes contactable, similar to trying to walk through Villagers tree, only smaller. When the plant fully grows, it radiates damage in a small area around it and also has a harvest-able fruit/vegetable that can be grabbed like an item. Damage from the item depends on the vegetable/fruit. The plant can be killed prematurely, sort of like Pikmin or Villagers tree. There can be up to 3 vegetables planted at a time.

Neutral Special:
(Honestly the only special I am struggling to establish. I know there's something I'm missing here.) Perhaps the Farmer could ring a bell. A cow will come charging through after you ring the bell. But you can hold B to ring the bell longer, and the longer you ring it, the more cows come charging through. Just an idea, I suppose.
You had me at “Chicken Glide”

I really want to believe that, but based on evidence that PushDustIn has provided I don't think they would work in 8-Player Smash.

As Push pointed out a lot of things were changed in 8-Player Smash to allow it to run without hindering performance. During 8-Player Smash the background elements of some stages were changed, such as the planets remaining stationary in the Mario Galaxy stage and the mirror being removed from the Wii-Fit stage.

Also, several stages in 8-Player Smash had their hazards/elements removed, such as the lava from the Metroid stage, the brakeable pillars from the Luigi's Mansion stage, King Bulbin destroying part of the Bridge of Eldin stage, the Shy Guys from the Mario Kart stage, the Pokémon Stadium stage never altering it's appearance, and of course Ridley and Metal face are removed from their stages.

If 8 player Smash can't handle stuff like that I doubt it would be able to handle 16 characters at a time. The Switch is also about as powerful as the Wii U too, so if the Wii U can't handle it I doubt the Switch would be able to do much better of a job. If the Switch was really that much more powerful than the Wii U I doubt the Switch version of BoTW would share the same amount of slow down as the Wii U version.
All the more reason to drop 8-player I suppose?

I can understand getting riled up. I actually really like Pyra's design and character (beyond the sex appeal type stuff, I just think it looks cool). I know people say that she is kinda bland as a character, but I disagree. Cliche, maybe a little, but she is one of my favourites from XC2.

In regards to her censorship, I can understand why people think she might be, but I reckon they can fudge the lines with her a bit, especially if she is a semi-background character. I mean there is not a huge amount of difference between her shorts and ZSS's bikini skin.
Can they just keep her in “blade form” the whole time? ie Not on the screen?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

If they need to jump through that many hoops just for a single mode, I don't think 8-Player Smash is even worth bringing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom