• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
A revealing design isn't necessarily a bad one. Like Cammy in Street Fighter. That's a good design.

I believe Pyra has a bad design. It's pretty ridiculous in all the wrong ways. I would not particularly enjoy the character making it to Smash, though I concede she stands a pretty good chance. Or, at least, someone from XC2 does. Though frankly I think the majority of the character design in that game is super on-the-nose and bonkers bad, it's like if someone made a parody of JRPG design... but what are you gonna do...

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
You know how we can prevent the "too revealing" character and still have a Xenoblade 2 character?

Nia for smash 5!
288c7144b8b428985b7adeebaeadf82c37b8bbd0v2_hq.jpg

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I like literally every main party member's design more than Rex and Pyra/Mythra.

Especially Nia. She's my favorite Driver design in that. Morag is close.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Couple things to say;

Please don't post blatantly fake leaks. Likewise, making joke leak posts is spam.

Likewise, please calm down on the spam/off-topic stuff. This is about Smash. This is not a Social thread itself. That means that Smash needs to be the topic.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I like literally every main party member's design more than Rex and Pyra/Mythra.

Especially Nia. She's my favorite Driver design in that. Morag is close.
If Driver Nia became a playable character I'd be really happy. I really prefer her to Rex.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If Driver Nia became a playable character I'd be really happy. I really prefer her to Rex.
I would want Nia in smash, but there's two things wrong with that.

One, having a designated healer in smash would be weird, even if her ring blades would be unique.

Two, I don't trust Sakurai with Xenoblade spoilers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I had to pick any Driver other than Rex, it'd be Morag. Gotta have those dual whips.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I would want Nia in smash, but there's two things wrong with that.

One, having a designated healer in smash would be weird, even if her ring blades would be unique.

and Two, I don't trust Sakurai with Xenoblade spoilers.
The awakened Yato is the reason we can't trust him.

I don't think the designated healer thing would really be an issue.

EDIT: I deleted the part about playstyle bc I only watched a decent amount of XB2 and didn't actually play it myself, could very well be wrong lmao

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Eugh, I hope that the Xenoblade characters aren't as fanservice-y as they are in their home game. I hate that kinda stuff. When you can tell something was designed specifically for fanservice it just completely pulls me out of the experience and grosses me out, especially with how young some characters look.
If they put Pyra and Mythra they are definitely toning down their designs. The designer did go a bit overboard with them, so I think Sakurai would reduce their "curvature".

?????????????

Smash Master
I actually haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 yet, and I don't know a ton about it in case I get the opportunity soon.

But I was BIG fan of Xenoblade Chronicles X. I know a lot of people are expecting something from XC2, but I really hope X doesn't get skipped over. I'd really like to see Elma as a playable character, along with a Mira stage and X music.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Wait... Why are you so sure a Xenoblade 2 Character is going to happen?
If you ask me, even though XB2 came out fairly recently, Sakurai surely knew about it ahead of time. And between the success of XB1 and good reception of XBX, I'd say that adding a character from XB2 would have been a safe gamble for Sakurai to take when deciding the roster.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You think a leotard is bad, try wearing a thong. :p
It's really... not. That **** looks like she's got an eternal wedgie.
edit: In fact after googling it she does in fact have an eternal wedgie
Honestly, Cammy seems to be fine with the fact that she is having an eternal wedgie.
What makes a thong tighter than a leotard? They both look the same.
To keep my post from being off-topic, I beg that Pyra and Mythra do not get too censored. A dream come true would be they do not get censored in any way at all.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is really popular and considering just using Shulk is oudated, it is time for a new Xenoblade Chronicles character to come. Pyra and Rex are likely, but I am hoping for Mythra as well. Mythra, Pyra and Rex make a perfect trio in XC2, so in Smash Brothers the same could apply. Shulk can stay in Smash Brothers in Switch though. It is a safe play from Sakurai to add XC2 characters to make the roster look nice and updated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm pretty sure Sakurai wrote a giant blog post about XC2 somewhere, and apparently A) He loves it, and B) Him writing those posts about how he loves other games rarely happens. Don't ask me for a source, that's just something I've heard from GameXplain.

I mean, other than that it also broke a million units in its first month so there's that too.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
1. The series is growing in prominence and size, and XC2 is the most recent
2. The characters seem popular
3. There aren't many obvious likelier choices

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If the first game could sell under a million units and still warrant a character, there's a very high chance we're getting a new one in this game. Not to mention Sakurai practically wrote an essay praising the game. The only way I could see a character from the game not be added is if the roster decisions were made in, say, 2016, but knowing Sakurai's access to insider info I doubt that'd stop him.

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Very off topic all things considered but on another note entirely does anyone offhand know if Marth’s English VA in heroes and warriors is the same? And how would you all feel if he kept that VA for this smash??

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Very off topic all things considered but on another note entirely does anyone offhand know if Marth’s English VA in heroes and warriors is the same? And how would you all feel if he kept that VA for this smash??
If there's any voices that need to change, it's :4bowser::4dk::4diddy:

Everyone else could use recycled clips from Smash 4 for all I care

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
we keep talking about Xenoblade 2 characters, and while I can't see a Xenoblade X character getting in, I can totally see a STAGE from that game in smash. They would probably want to represent both games in some form. Two new Xenoblade stages wouldn't be too far-fetched.

I actually haven't played X, so I don't know what they could do. As for 2, I could totally see the Argentem Trade Guild or Torigoth making swell stages.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I'd appreciate an update for Fox's voice. He's just too nasaly for me in Smash 4. Whether that means he gets his Star Fox Zero voice or his Brawl voice back, doesn't matter to me. I just really didn't care for the Smash 4 one.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I kind of like his Japanese voice, it's too much of a mainstay now. I wouldn't mind if he had an English VA and you could switch languages like in melee.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I kind of like his Japanese voice, it's too much of a mainstay now. I wouldn't mind if he had an English VA and you could switch languages like in melee.
I love hearing the Melee announcer say "Rondoudou!" for Jigglypuff when you change the language to French (I think...) in PAL Melee.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Marth's English VA in Codename Steam, FE Fates, FE Warriors and FEH is Yuri Lowenthal. I'd personally like it if he were able to voice him in Smash, but it would be nice if they let people change language options if they wanted to.

Sidenote, but I wouldn't mind if they changed Pyra's design. Not because it's too revealing, but because it's a fashion disaster.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Nintendo has been pretty good at the multilingual audio options with their major games recently (Zelda, Xeno, etc.) so it would be pretty cool if they offered an audio pack as free, optional DLC for the game, or even included as part of the games options.

I agree with what others have said in regards to some characters VA being a bit outdated, or just god awful (I'm looking at you Mr. Fiyah Mcloud :4fox:).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yep, all four of his English appearances (not including the 90s ova) had him voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

He's also the perfect Marth and should definitely be the voice for him in the new Smash. It's long overdue.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Yep, all four of his English appearances (not including the 90s ova) had him voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

He's also the perfect Marth and should definitely be the voice for him in the new Smash. It's long overdue.
I wouldn't be upset if Marth received his English VA for Smash, however I do find Marth's (and Roy's) Japanese voice acting for Smash almost a mainstay. Marth has had his for 3 games, Roy for both of the games he's been in. Can't really say I see it going anywhere.

Burruni

Smash Hero
One of Nintendo's bigger titles for the Switch's launch year.
Xenoblade X and 2 were both pretty decently pushed up by Nintendo themselves as Nintendo's notable RPG series.
Broke a million in its opening month, making it the fastest/best selling Xeno game period.
Sakurai himself has gushed about his experience with the game on his twitter (Having the director love your title certainly can't hurt)
And it's already hit meme status for inconsequential stuff.
The only thing that could be put against it really is if it's "too new" which I kinda doubt.

Edit:
we keep talking about Xenoblade 2 characters, and while I can't see a Xenoblade X character getting in, I can totally see a STAGE from that game in smash. They would probably want to represent both games in some form. Two new Xenoblade stages wouldn't be too far-fetched.

I actually haven't played X, so I don't know what they could do. As for 2, I could totally see the Argentem Trade Guild or Torigoth making swell stages.
I see the amphitheater ruins where Chapter 3 ends as an iconic locale for a stage, personally.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I almost feel like the Japanese voices for Marth/Roy are traditions now, calling back to when FE wasn’t outside of Japan :)

Also, what’s wrong with Bowser/DK?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Honestly I expect a XC2 Character... but not in the base game.

You know how we can prevent the "too revealing" character and still have a Xenoblade 2 character?

Nia for smash 5!
View attachment 138705
I have some bad news for you...
If I had to pick any Driver other than Rex, it'd be Morag. Gotta have those dual whips.
Our Special Inquisitor would be perfect as all of her arts would look natural as smash attacks

Smash:GCU:: Azure II: Judgement
Smash:GCD:: Azure II: Blaze
Smash:GCR:: Azure II: Hellfire

Dash Attack: Azure II: Radiance

Also Mor Ardain stage.

Mor Ardain stage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom