• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Emm...
For Pyra just make the shorts bigger and have the front clothing actually covering all the front; covering legs and arms is already exaggerating.
For Mythra make the dress longer and reduce the cleavage window.

For Rex.... just fix his 70 year old man butt.

Hamana Goldie?

What's that?
Expanding Dong while asleep

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Okay guys, I've been on here a couple days, and we barely touched on the music, however, nobody once brought up the BEST part of Smash Bros. music.

THE MEDLEYS.

I Personally would like a Kirby's Dream Land 2 Animal Buddy medley that combines Kine's, Coo's, and Rick's themes into one.

What do you guys think?

Chron

Smash Journeyman
i want DLC characters to get custom moves. The DLC characters in smash 4 felt incomplete for not having custom moves. they need to have custom moves. also have custom moves unlocked at the start.
I want the custom unlocks to be like Target Smash in Melee. Beat a character's level, and you get all their customs.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Okay guys, I've been on here a couple days, and we barely touched on the music, however, nobody once brought up the BEST part of Smash Bros. music.

THE MEDLEYS.

I Personally would like a Kirby's Dream Land 2 Animal Buddy medley that combines Kine's, Coo's, and Rick's themes into one.

What do you guys think?
Just bring back the Yoshi's Island medley from Smash 4 and we cool

D

Deleted member

If Sylveon didn't get chosen before, why would a new Eevee?
Yessssssssssss
NOOO :(

THE MEDLEYS.

What do you guys think?
Sounds creative actually, but you think that can make that work? Kirby's game themes are generally more diverse than some other games in Smash Brothers.
i want DLC characters to get custom moves. The DLC characters in smash 4 felt incomplete for not having custom moves. they need to have custom moves. also have custom moves unlocked at the start.
I know, right? I would of loved to see the DLC's custom moves. Do not worry, I am sure DLC are getting custom moves in Smash in Switch.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I am completely confident that they will make the necessary adjustments to the design. But I do not believe they will completely cover her up.

For Fem Corrin, they got rid of the thigh openings in her leg armor.

For Bayonetta (an M rated character, mind you) they simply made her attacks reveal less of her body.

They edited Palutena a wee bit, but I forget what that was exactly.

My guess is that they'll make Pyra have larger shorts and potentially reduce the breast size. I see no actual reason to completely cover up her entire abdomen.

Based on many of the discussions/content I've partaken in throughout my career, I must say I find it incredibly interesting that we're debating what a female character is permitted to show/wear in a video game. I understand this is regarding a fictional character, but should we not suppose that Mythra/Pyra decided on the appearance themselves, as a character?

It sounds crazy, I know, and I understand developers created the character and design. But we literally have swimsuit Shulk. He's wearing shorts and sandals. Not much is left to the imagination. Pyra would, hypothetically be wearing MORE than that costume itself, yet is considered sexualized. Food for thought is all...not trying to rustle jimmies. Carry on.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I think I'm on the minority that doesn't care at all about being character-spoiled.
If I could know right now every character of the game, I'd be cool with it.It's nice to be surprised but i think I'm just too anxious and like this franchise too much to actually care.

But I will not lie that having 2-3 surprise characters to discover while playing would be awesome... What if, after playing lot, you receives a "New challenger approaching" screen of future DLC?
You would not be able to buy at this time, but see the sillhouette.

Last edited:

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
It's not that they weren't useful.

It's just that a lot of people complained about the handful that were broken, combined with the fact that unlocking all the moves is about as likely as getting that one thing you want in a gacha game and takes forever.

I say either they should all be available on the go or that unlocking them should be easier and less frustrating.
Agreed, plus I hope that they get split from the equipment if that comes back. Outside of smash run I really didn't like the stats, perks n' stuff on the equipment.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Sounds creative actually, but you think that can make that work? Kirby's game themes are generally more diverse than some other games in Smash Brothers.
I'm listening to this one here on youtube. It's not exactly the best, but I think if an actual composer for high-budget games makes one, it could sound great.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
NEW LEAK!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry, but I'm a texture guy, and that texture looks like it'd feel niiiiice......
I guess you are right, but I still think the revealing original XC2 look feels better.
My guess is that they'll make Pyra have larger shorts and potentially reduce the breast size. I see no actual reason to completely cover up her entire abdomen.
Good theory, actually. I am a little sad that they will do this, but they do want to keep it family friendly. I think the texture idea and your idea feels better.
It's not that they weren't useful.

It's just that a lot of people complained about the handful that were broken, combined with the fact that unlocking all the moves is about as likely as getting that one thing you want in a gacha game and takes forever.

I say either they should all be available on the go or that unlocking them should be easier and less frustrating.
They were broken. Not like overpowered broken, like literally did not function right. For example, some of Zelda and Jigglypuff's custom moves are so horrible, that there is literally no use in casual play at all even. and of course they are both bottom tiers. Fox and Pikachu would benefit much more from customs unbanned in Smash 4, two already good characters.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Bah fanservice discussions.

They would probably try to make as few changes as possible to Pyra. But it is probable they would make changes. Sakurai himself is fine with fanservice and was upset he had to make changes to palutena for the japanese version of smash 4.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
They were broken. Not like overpowered broken, like literally did not function right. For example, some of Zelda and Jigglypuff's custom moves are so horrible, that there is literally no use in casual play at all even. and of course they are both bottom tiers. Fox and Pikachu would benefit much more from customs unbanned in Smash 4, two already good characters.
Yeah, some worked, others didn't. It was a nice concept, but not the best execution.

Ultimately though, it's the fact that it's really long and had to have setups who have all the customs without powersaves or hacks.

D

Deleted member

I have a question, how did they change Palutena? Did they make the "gap" less revealing?

Bah fanservice discussions.

They would probably try to make as few changes as possible to Pyra. But it is probable they would make changes. Sakurai himself is fine with fanservice and was upset he had to make changes to palutena for the japanese version of smash 4.
Sakurai does love Kid Icarus and Palutena, so it does make sense why he would be upset. Sakurai's secret waifu could be Palutena, maybe.
Yeah, some worked, others didn't. It was a nice concept, but not the best execution.

Ultimately though, it's the fact that it's really long and had to have setups who have all the customs without powersaves or hacks.
You are right. Customs were too scattered and hard to get, it felt like getting all Unown in Heart Gold and Soul silver or getting tags A-Z in thousands of papers filed with letters by randomly picking one. They did need better execution.

I really hope custom moves are used on the go instead of having to struggle a lot or hack.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
No horny on main, I beg y'all. And an Eeveelution could be cool, but I'd prefer, like... a regular Eevee that somehow evolves mid-battle if certain conditions are met. A really weird fighter where you're trying to achieve a certain condition with a somewhat limited toolset in order to get the specific Eeveelution you want. I've never seen anything quite like it in a fighting game, so it'd be interesting.
This is exactly what I have always wanted.
It would add a missing component of the core Pokemon franchise, which is the idea of Evolution.
Perhaps even, which eeveelutions you could get would rotate by course/ characters playing. Certain characters would register as certain elemental stones, or the environment in some stages would allow that, or time of day in real life even.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I want some No More Heroes music, mainly the main theme:

The theme itself is a bit repetitive, but they can work around and make something cool.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I just hope there aren't any custom moves at all.

Because the only alternative I would want would be every single custom move being real unique, and Sakurai does NOT have the dev time to balance that out.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm going to be straight with all of you. Customs should all be available by default if they come back for this game. Trying to get every custom special in Smash 4 is literal Chinese torture.
Honestly, I really liked customs, a shame they all had to be unlocked in such a tedious and arduous manner. it really helped characters like Ganondorf mitigate weaknesses they have with their default move set, and really, just made them better overall.

...On that note, if Ganondorf keeps his Falcondorf move set, I can only hope that he has Warlock Blade, Flame Choke, Dark Fists and Wizard's Dropkick as his default special move set. Wizard's Dropkick especially, that move saved me from death so many just on the fact I could somewhat recover horizontally.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Because the only alternative I would want would be every single custom move being real unique, and Sakurai does NOT have the dev time to balance that out.
In theory customs were really cool. But I think they were poorly executed. I'd rather certain characters just have multiple, locked movesets like 1111, 2222, 3333 etc.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Oh yeah, I could totally see some characters taking their custom moves. Ganondorf's sword neutral B is one of these I really wouldn't be surprised by.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
In theory customs were really cool. But I think they were poorly executed. I'd rather certain characters just have multiple, locked movesets like 1111, 2222, 3333 etc.
So basically MKX-style variants?

At that rate, why not just make semi-clones, since that allows other moveset elements to change?

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I leave for a couple hours, and this place is just pages of debate over wanting to show as much skin as possible on a female character #kindacreepy

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So basically MKX-style variants?

At that rate, why not just make semi-clones, since that allows other moveset elements to change?
And while we're at it, make the semi-clones' move set the originals' best customs, altered slightly of course.

Yeah, Smash Switch would probably come out in the middle of the Switch's lifecycle if that were the case. Imagine having to make unique custom moves for at 60+ characters... as if Sakurai wasn't working hard enough already.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Gotta admit I like Falcondorf; mostly because is pure disrespect, punching or kicking someone with the Dorf is pretty satysfying... and rewarding due his laggy movements.
But if putting swords on his moveset keeps him brutal, Im fine of course.

This is the ideal female body.
You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
Not gonna lie; your meme game is making me want The Dee for Smash

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

This was in Smash Wii U.

I really, really think people are overstating just how revealing the costume is. Does Pyra look ridiculous? Some say she does (I would partially agree), but when we're talking about her in Smash, we're acting as if her appearance is absolutely out of this world, sinful, bad for children, etc...

Again, this was in Smash Wii U. I wouldn't worry about Pyra, she will be fine.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

THE MEDLEYS.

What do you guys think?
that magicant/8 melodies track better be in this upcoming smash or i'm gonna rage.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I leave for a couple hours, and this place is just pages of debate over wanting to show as much skin as possible on a female character #kindacreepy
Nobody is asking for more skin than what is actually shown on her actual model in her game, at least from what I've read. If anything it's the opposite because people are discussing how they should cover her up.

While I feel we'll see some type of censorship hitting Pyra should she get in, I'm sure they'll try to keep her as true to her original self as possible.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

This was in Smash Wii U.

I really, really think people are overstating just how revealing the costume is. Does Pyra look ridiculous? Some say she does (I would partially agree), but when we're talking about her in Smash, we're acting as if her appearance is absolutely out of this world, sinful, bad for children, etc...

Well, Samus looks like an adult, and she is using shorts, not... the thing Pyra is using.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, Samus looks like an adult, and she is using shorts, not... the thing Pyra is using.
That's not my point. The point is that they could easily make the shorts bigger and it'll look just as fine.

Users are saying she needs to be covered up, this shows it's already happened before with a different character. She won't be heavily covered if this is anything to go by.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This was in Smash Wii U.

That costume does not look as revealing as Mythra and Pyra's costumes are. Mythra and Pyra's breasts and "others" are bigger than ZSS's. so it makes sense why people think Mythra and Pyra need a censor. Also think about Corinn, i mean they covered the thighs. The costume defeneitly does not look tight as Pyra's clothes. I do not think the ZSS costumes are attractive either, which is a sign that they did a decent job at making the game family friendly.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
That's not my point. The point is that they could easily make the shorts bigger and it'll look just as fine.

Users are saying she needs to be covered up, this shows it's already happened before with a different character. She won't be heavily covered if this is anything to go by.
I mean, yeah.

I think that is what most people think here, just some little edits like Corrin's.

Not transforming Pyra into a nun or something.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
That costume does not look as revealing as Mythra and Pyra's costumes are. Mythra and Pyra's breasts and "others" are bigger than ZSS's. so it makes sense why people think Mythra and Pyra need a censor. Also think about Corinn, i mean they covered the thighs. The costume defeneitly does not look tight as Pyra's clothes. I do not think the ZSS costumes are attractive either, which is a sign that they did a decent job at making the game family friendly.
Whether you find it "attractive" or not is entirely subjective. The fact of the matter is that we already have Shulk running around in basically nothing, and then we have ZSS also running around in what is essentially a swimsuit. While Pyra's outfit may be a little more form-fitting in some areas, she's not really revealing any more than some characters we've already had.

D

Deleted member

Just change her shorts to be Samus-sized. And while I agree that Pyra looks less like an adult that Samus does, to me it has more to do with her cutesy face (I blame Xenoblade 2's art style) than the rest of her body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom