• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Nothing against the game, but what would she actually do for things that aren't mobility?
Standard B can be her dash - mainly used to phase past enemies.
Up-B can be using the Golden Feather item and turning into the golden light - you can travel in and direction.
Side B can be using one of the red balls to travel pretty far and slam into opponents - you can only go side to side.
Down B can be spawning a Theo crystal to hold and throw for high knockback.

She can have a doubt meter and eventually power up with her mirrored self.

Sure, she's mobile and can recover from pretty much anywhere, but she has plenty of complexity if you've played that game.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
He got his trailer showed less than two weeks before the Wii U version's release on a regular Direct.
BJ wasn't shown in a regular direct, he was only shown in the 50 fact video. Which, as you said, was two weeks before the game's release.

Plus, I'm not counting Wii U in this regard. We knew from Day 1 3DS and Wii U would have the same roster, so when 3DS came out, we knew Wii U's roster. They still kept him, Duck Hunt, and a handful of veterans hidden until then.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
BJ wasn't shown in a regular direct, he was only shown in the 50 fact video. Which, as you said, was two weeks before the game's release.

Plus, I'm not counting Wii U in this regard. We knew from Day 1 3DS and Wii U would have the same roster, so when 3DS came out, we knew Wii U's roster. They still kept him, Duck Hunt, and a handful of veterans hidden until then.
I was talking of Duck Hunt. Bowser Jr. was a whole month before release.

But yeah, these two are really the only two newcomers they kept hidden. They even revealed Lucina, dammit.

Last edited:

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Low-quality OC: Smashboards thread simulator video made by your's truly.

And yes, I know @Rocket Raccoon's voice is inconsistent.

I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment my friend. I don't think Sakurai is going to change his mind about Ridley any time soon.

As much as I'd love to be wrong, I'd rather be on the safe side as to not disappoint myself.
:laugh: We need more of these.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I was talking of Duck Hunt. Bowser Jr. was a whole month before release.

But yeah, these two are really the only two newcomers they kept hidden. They even revealed Lucina, dammit.

Wow, today is just the day of me misremembering painfully obvious details. Sorry about that.

But yeah, again, not holding Wii U accountable for Roster Reveals.

They also kept Dark Pit hidden though. Everyone's favorite newcomer! :yeahboi:

Well he was in Palutena's trailer, but still.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't want to beat a dead horse (I'll leave the excessive beating of dead flesh to... you know, never mind), but are you honestly of the opinion that having every possible vital area exposed is "battle ready"? That's the worst part of Corrin's design... you don't want a cut on your inner thigh for any reason. That's to say nothing of the thong, which they make a point in the art of showing to be very tight.
It's not even a matter of whether or not it should be censored or if it's a good design, I just don't understand how you can say that it looks like anything other than a sexual fantasy when that seems pretty clearly to be what it's meant to be.

I find it fascinating how "maturity" in any other context is usually about depth or complexity but here it's about how easy it is to masturbate to.
Honestly, no Smash Brothers character in any game is attractive at all to be honest, which is a good thing for the, because they are doing good to keep the family fun around. Not even ZSS or Corrin look attractive. Corrin can keep her "censor", but I beg that Mythra and Pyra do not get censored. Mythra and Pyra wearing a less revealing outfit is going to be something to get used to.
Nah, they were too busy botching Mahvel 4. :V
And now they are busy with Monster Hunter updates. :V
I'm pullin' for Monika because 20XX.
This guy gets it.
Eugh, I hope that the Xenoblade characters aren't as fanservice-y as they are in their home game. I hate that kinda stuff. When you can tell something was designed specifically for fanservice it just completely pulls me out of the experience and grosses me out, especially with how young some characters look.
I agree in a way, but I fell right into that trap.... Help me please.
The most popular anime usually has fan-service, but in 2017 that was not the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
They hinted at him back at E3 2014 with that Palutena trailer.
Hinted, not revealed. Some people thought he would just be an alt, or even a stage hazard or something of the sort.

I think Lucina was the only unlockable character they flat out revealed.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
View attachment 138696
SAKURAI AND DEVELOPERS, PLEASE KEEP THE OUTFIT FROM XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 INSTEAD OF CHANGING IT.

Pyra looks really nice in that tight clothing, and it looks like something someone will fight with. Heck look at Cammy and R. Mika from Street Fighter V, and that game managed to still be T rating. So I can see the developers keeping Pyra's clothing from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 instead of putting pants on her if they did not push for an E10+ rating. I hope they do not censor Mythra either.

If the game developers did not censor Mythra or Pyra and just keep their looks from the original game, I would be really pleased with them. Now I want a T rating instead of an E10+ for our new Smash in Switch game.
Yo, Pyra looks like her shorts are suffocating her crotch, das not ok for fightin', Im pretty sure they gonna make them larger if she makes it lol.
Mythra shows enough boob in game to the point I wonder the location of her nipples.

They def gonna get changes like it or not.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
View attachment 138696
SAKURAI AND DEVELOPERS, PLEASE KEEP THE OUTFIT FROM XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 INSTEAD OF CHANGING IT.

Pyra looks really nice in that tight clothing, and it looks like something someone will fight with. Heck look at Cammy and R. Mika from Street Fighter V, and that game managed to still be T rating. So I can see the developers keeping Pyra's clothing from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 instead of putting pants on her if they did not push for an E10+ rating. I hope they do not censor Mythra either.

If the game developers did not censor Mythra or Pyra and just keep their looks from the original game, I would be really pleased with them. Now I want a T rating instead of an E10+ for our new Smash in Switch game.

Look at this design and tell me how you think it ain't gettin' changed.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Wow, today is just the day of me misremembering painfully obvious details. Sorry about that.

But yeah, again, not holding Wii U accountable for Roster Reveals.

They also kept Dark Pit hidden though. Everyone's favorite newcomer! :yeahboi:

Well he was in Palutena's trailer, but still.
Dark Pit actually is one of my favorite newcomers.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Did you guys see those "rumours" about a new eeveelution being possible for the next Pokemon game?

Maybe that could be the next Pokemon newcomer.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Did you guys see those "rumours" about a new eeveelution being possible for the next game?

We still don't even know what Pokemon Switch IS.

And even if it gets delayed, Smash is still going to be out long before Pokemon Switch comes around.

AND the Eeveelution leak is as fake as my enthusiasm for Daisy in Smash. :troll:

Like this?
Yo, that actually looks really good. I'm down for that. Her armor actually looks PRACTICAL now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Look at this design and tell me how you think it ain't gettin' changed.
You are missing the point of my argument. I know they are getting changed either way, it is just I am sad about it. :(
If the exposed part got the same clothing texture as the chest/shoulder/stomach area, that'd be great. :drool:
No. She does not need more clothing, but in Smash in Switch she will.
Yo, Pyra looks like her shorts are suffocating her crotch, das not ok for fightin', Im pretty sure they gonna make them larger if she makes it lol.
Mythra shows enough boob in game to the point I wonder the location of her nipples.

They def gonna get changes like it or not.
I know they are going to change Pyra and Mythra, you are missing the point of my argument.
You are right about the shorts part, but I think they are fine, considering they lasted a whole adventure.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Like this?
Yeah, like that. It looks good.

See, the problem with Pyra/Mythra's designs is that they just don't look good to begin with. I was watching a ProZD video today, and he put it best when he said their designs look like the designs of "a fake anime you would see playing on the TV in the background of a real anime".

Something to that extent, at any rate.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If we considered game canon, we can blame a specific character for Pyra's loldesign

Mythra, as she created Pyra.

D

Deleted member

Did you guys see those "rumours" about a new eeveelution being possible for the next Pokemon game?

Another new one eh? I could see also heard rumours of the game being a reboot. Looking forward to news.

geoluminescent

Smash Cadet
No horny on main, I beg y'all. And an Eeveelution could be cool, but I'd prefer, like... a regular Eevee that somehow evolves mid-battle if certain conditions are met. A really weird fighter where you're trying to achieve a certain condition with a somewhat limited toolset in order to get the specific Eeveelution you want. I've never seen anything quite like it in a fighting game, so it'd be interesting.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I'm going to be straight with all of you. Customs should all be available by default if they come back for this game. Trying to get every custom special in Smash 4 is literal Chinese torture.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm going to be straight with all of you. Customs should all be available by default if they come back for this game. Trying to get every custom special in Smash 4 is literal Chinese torture.
Nah. With Chinese torture, you at least know you won't get anything good.

Unlocking Smash 4 customs is worse because you always think that, at some point, you'll get the one move you have left to get, but proceed to grind for two whole weeks because you get duplicates.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Not when you use a powersave on 3DS then send them to the Wii U. :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Like this?
I want the revealing one so bad. Either way, nice censor concept.
If they made the game an E10+, I think they are going to change more than her exposed area, like giver her pants and shrink her breasts a little bit.
It would ruin the whole "cool, unlock" thing, but I agree. I want customs on the go.
I feel like custom moves should be treated better in the Next Smash in Switch game, a big portion of them were not that useful at all in any form of competitive or casual play.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It would ruin the whole "cool, unlock" thing, but I agree. I want customs on the go.
I feel like custom moves should be treated better in the Next Smash in Switch game, a big portion of them were not that useful at all in any form of competitive or casual play.
It's not that they weren't useful.

It's just that a lot of people complained about the handful that were broken, combined with the fact that unlocking all the moves is about as likely as getting that one thing you want in a gacha game and takes forever.

I say either they should all be available on the go or that unlocking them should be easier and less frustrating.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I want the revealing one so bad. Either way, nice censor concept.
If they made the game an E10+, I think they are going to change more than her exposed area, like giver her pants and shrink her breasts a little bit.

i want DLC characters to get custom moves. The DLC characters in smash 4 felt incomplete for not having custom moves. they need to have custom moves. also have custom moves unlocked at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom