• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Here's a new topic.

Smash has dedicated one character slot to an Indie developer as a sign of good faith. Meaning Smash Bros has one Indie character.

Who is it?
It would have to be Shovel Knight or Shantae. Those two have by far the most support.

For a pipe dream, however, I'd love to see Gunvolt.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Here's a new topic.

Smash has dedicated one character slot to an Indie developer as a sign of good faith. Meaning Smash Bros has one Indie character.

Who is it?
As in who we want or who we think is likely?

If the latter, I think Shovel Knight is probably the best bet. For my personal want, I'd say Quote if Cave Story still counts as indie.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Here's a new topic.

Who is it?
Commander Video has a trophy. And his moveset could be interesting (can...never...stop).

And Runner 3 starts exclusive.

And Charles Martinet.

D

Deleted member

I mean, it hasn't been an E for everyone series since 64.

Brawl and Melle were T and Smash 4 was E10+.
"Melle" :chuckle:
It is hard to make a Smash Brothers game an E rating for that matter, characters beating up everyone is not for everyone, and it has seem to get more increasingly violent. I think the only reason why the game changed to an E10+ in Smash 4 was mainly due to the realistic style being gone, which the realistic style made some characters' clothes "tight", Wario's fart being cartoony instead of realistic, and the undergarment shots being removed.
Here's a new topic.

Who is it?
We need Shovel Knight in Smash Brothers. Shovel Knight by far. He even got his own amibo for crying out loud Swamp.
I heard he did really well in the ballot as well, but I could see why Sakurai would chose Bayonetta.
The what?
Squidward

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Here's a new topic.

Who is it?
Definitely Shovel Knight. No one even comes close to his stature in recent memory. The SK Amiibo bodes well for him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If the boob blades are in Smash Switch, I don't think it will be E for everyone anymore.

Probably T.
Oh believe me, if Pyra gets in Smash, she's putting on pants. If female Corrin's thigh window was too much, you better believe Pyra's "outfit" is gonna be more substantial. :p

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here's a new topic.

Who is it?
In terms of likely characters? Shovel Knight.

Who I'd want to see, regardless of likelihood? Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes. (assuming he counts; his latest game was announced in an indie-focused Direct)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

you mean the character from Doki Doki Literature club?

The character made by the same guy that made Melee's 20XX hack pack?

That guy would probably die of hype the moment sakurai approaches him for that tbh.
She's already confirmed, you know.

D

Deleted member

I think it should be pretty obvious that Pyra would show less skin in Smash than she normally does in Xenoblade 2. They toned down Corrin, Bayonetta, and in the Japanese version Palutena, Lyn, and Wonder Pink.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Here's a new topic.

Who is it?
Quote, Shovel Knight or Shantae.

I feel all 3 have pretty equal chances to one another, albeit for different reasons.

If you HAD to twist my arm and make me pick one as most likely though, it'd probably be Shovel Knight. But my own personal pick would be Shantae.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Oh believe me, if Pyra gets in Smash, she's putting on pants. If female Corrin's thigh window was too much, you better believe Pyra's "outfit" is gonna be mire substantial. :p
I could see Pyra wearing a dark skin-tight bodysuit to cover up her legs+stomach, totally. It probably wouldn't even look that bad, tbh.

geoluminescent

Smash Cadet
Here's a new topic.

Who is it?
Shovel Knight. He's already got an Amiibo and everything.

It's E3. The Smash trailer just finished, showing off Bandana Dee, K. Rool and Ridley, as well as several returning veterans, including a slightly revamped Link and Megaman. Then, two words flash across the screen:

Challenger Approaching.

The previously shown characters glance around. Where is their foe? They ready their weapons, prepared for a fight...

In between them, the ground erupts. There he is, the blue-clad destroyer of dirt, sunderer of soil, mover of mountains, Shovel Knight. He whacks Mario in the back of the head with the flat of his shovel blade, knocking him out instantly, but the others immediately converge on him. He barely avoids some sword swings and pellets, and quickly gets backed up against a wall. He raises his hands in surrender... and takes off his helmet.

It's Sans. Sans Undertale. May God take mercy on our souls.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Indies? Shovel Knight, no questions asked.

But also Papyrus.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I was actually referring to Pyra and the blonde one.

But holy crap, what is this?!

They are literally bigger than her head hahaha.
****ty character design, that's what it is.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oh believe me, if Pyra gets in Smash, she's putting on pants. If female Corrin's thigh window was too much, you better believe Pyra's "outfit" is gonna be more substantial. :p
I think it's the mere fact that it was specifically thighs that caused the censor.

Espeically when ZSS and Shulk both have swimsuit outfits.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I was actually referring to Pyra and the blonde one.

But holy crap, what is this?!

They are literally bigger than her head hahaha.
Shush.

We don't talk about that blade.

Even as fans, we do not talk about that blade.

It opens a can of worms no one here wants to open, believe me.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Sometimes I wish there were.... certain restrictions given to the guest character designers for Xenoblade 2.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it's the mere fact that it was specifically thighs that caused the censor.

Espeically when ZSS and Shulk both have swimsuit outfits.
And you don't think Pyra's outfit would tip off the censors too? Half of her ass is kind of exposed in her home game. I'd say that's a lot more objectionable than a thigh window.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Low-quality OC: Smashboards thread simulator video made by your's truly.

And yes, I know Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon 's voice is inconsistent.

I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment my friend. I don't think Sakurai is going to change his mind about Ridley any time soon.

As much as I'd love to be wrong, I'd rather be on the safe side as to not disappoint myself.
I would have preferred Daniel (UK) from this site.

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
So anyone think Ridley will finally be playable or will the meme go on for eternity?
Playable, easily.

You'll be playing him in the future, think of this post, look back, and say," Yes, I am playing Ridley as was ordained."
Well of course Ridley is playable. All you have to do is start with a little negging, something that incorporates how his ex, Sakurai, left him because he needs to loose a few pounds is always a good start. Then there are a few steps I've forgotten. After that you run off with all of Fort Knox's gold while Ridley is still confused shouting back at him, "You done been played sucka!!!" It's really not that hard.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And panties.
Yeah, them too.

And you don't think Pyra's outfit would tip off the censors too? Half of her *** is kind of exposed in her home game. I'd say that's a lot more objectionable than a thigh window.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean her entire body should have fabric on lol

Just cover the ass and we're done.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
EDIT: Wow what the actual heck was my mind focusing on typing this, Pyra obviously shows skin, I've dumped hundreds of hours into 2, how did I not remember...

Wow, just ignore this, for real. I think I need a nap.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, them too.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean her entire body should have fabric on lol

Just cover the *** and we're done.
I never said to put her in a full body stocking though. Just give her a pair of khakis and she can rock a corporate casual look or something.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I used to REALLY, REALLY hate Shovel Knight.

And the entire reason for that was because he was 50x more popular than Quote, and I had so much respect for Cave Story as someone who wants to become an indie dev that I was blinded by rage.

Now I think Shovel Knight is pretty cool. I still don't like how much more popular his game is, but I can live with it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom