• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Can they just keep her in “blade form” the whole time? ie Not on the screen?
That isn't exactly how it works. Pyra does not have a "blade form," she herself is a Blade and the sword that Rex uses his kind of an extension of her / is hers. Rex can't really use the sword without Pyra/Mythra being there as they are what provide it with power.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've played Smash with seven other people simultaneously. Somehow, though, we did often manage to get seven people together.

That said, I think I would drop 8-player Smash if we could get not just ICs, but ICs and Chorus Kids, should they have also been planned and dropped for similar reasons. I'll sacrifice a mode I use sparingly for two original characters.

My people grew up with the older Smash games, we're used to swapping between four at a time anyway, lol.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I really want to believe that, but based on evidence that PushDustIn has provided I don't think they would work in 8-Player Smash.

As Push pointed out a lot of things were changed in 8-Player Smash to allow it to run without hindering performance. During 8-Player Smash the background elements of some stages were changed, such as the planets remaining stationary in the Mario Galaxy stage and the mirror being removed from the Wii-Fit stage.

Also, several stages in 8-Player Smash had their hazards/elements removed, such as the lava from the Metroid stage, the brakeable pillars from the Luigi's Mansion stage, King Bulbin destroying part of the Bridge of Eldin stage, the Shy Guys from the Mario Kart stage, the Pokémon Stadium stage never altering it's appearance, and of course Ridley and Metal face are removed from their stages.

Even some character models are altered a bit, like the Wii-Fit Trainers thumb.

If 8 player Smash can't handle stuff like that I doubt it would be able to handle 16 characters at a time. The Switch is also about as powerful as the Wii U too, so if the Wii U can't handle it I doubt the Switch would be able to do much better of a job. If the Switch was really that much more powerful than the Wii U I doubt the Switch version of BoTW would share the same amount of slow down as the Wii U version.
Thinking about this makes me curious as to how much strain 8 Ice Climbers were (ie all 4 players choose Ice Climber, 4 Popos and 4 Nanas). I know it's not all 1:1 but it makes me think just how different 8 characters are to 4 Popos and 4 Nanas.

Man typing this up was confusing with knowing whether to refer to 4 or 8 Ice Climbers and still make sense.

Also imagine the cluster**** of 16 Ice Climbers on stage at once.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Those ideas are just the minimum adjustments I would like if they need to tone down stuff.
Im fine if they change a thing or three of simply change nothing; I just want them in the game.
Well... OK.
But I just don't think designs need to be adjusted if they don't affect the gameplay. Maybe next Xenoblade Chronicles game Mythra.
I can understand getting riled up. I actually really like Pyra's design and character (beyond the sex appeal type stuff, I just think it looks cool). I know people say that she is kinda bland as a character, but I disagree. Cliche, maybe a little, but she is one of my favourites from XC2.

In regards to her censorship, I can understand why people think she might be, but I reckon they can fudge the lines with her a bit, especially if she is a semi-background character. I mean there is not a huge amount of difference between her shorts and ZSS's bikini skin.
I have also said this multiple times, Smash Bros is going to be on a platform where there's no region lock in the first place. So I don't see why they should do censorship. You only see games that are region limited release that's for sure, especially on eshop. But for Smash Bros that big title, I highly doubt there will be any censorship since this probably means they have to delay Smash Bros world wide release a bit...

And regardless of this will pissed anyone ir not, if you actually do hope Pyra get censored in Smash for whatever reason ... Better yet wish don't even include her in Smash Bros Switch then... Since any unnecessary censorship is just plain dumb.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just realized that a Blade/Driver gimmick would be hilariously painful in scrolling stages as the Affinity Link would be lost constantly.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Can they just keep her in “blade form” the whole time? ie Not on the screen?
Aue, ya, aie...
This is spoiler territory ...especially those who still have yet to understand Blades... You know that right?
That isn't exactly how it works. Pyra does not have a "blade form," she herself is a Blade and the sword that Rex uses his kind of an extension of her / is hers. Rex can't really use the sword without Pyra/Mythra being there as they are what provide it with power.
You don't really need to explain much because if we have to, this is definitely going to spoiler territory.
I just realized that a Blade/Driver gimmick would be hilariously painful in scrolling stages as the Affinity Link would be lost constantly.
I just hope Pyra or blades in general won't run around recklessly like they did in the game lol.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have also said this multiple times, Smash Bros is going to be on a platform where there's no region lock in the first place. So I don't see why they should do censorship. You only see games that are region limited release that's for sure, especially on eshop. But for Smash Bros that big title, I highly doubt there will be any censorship since this probably means they have to delay Smash Bros world wide release a bit...

And regardless of this will pissed anyone ir not, if you actually do hope Pyra get censored in Smash for whatever reason ... Better yet wish don't even include her in Smash Bros Switch then... Since any unnecessary censorship is just plain dumb.
If they're intent on hitting a certain rating they'll censor the game, even if that means slight regional differences. Region lock or not, the rating boards are still different across the globe.

I'd imagine casuals are going to get made af if they find out there's no 8 Player Smash, but I have to wonder how many really cared about 8 player Smash at all.
I could see some of your average Smash players being upset, but ultimately I can't imagine it having a profound effect on the title's reception. As for the actual casual? By definition they're less invested.

I've played with people who ask where their old main is, and when I reply that they're not in this version, they just shrug and pick someone else haha.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Thank you for finding further justification for me personally not wanting scrolling stages in Smash Bros. :)

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Well... OK.
But I just don't think designs need to be adjusted if they don't affect the gameplay. Maybe next Xenoblade Chronicles game Mythra.

I believe the argument is that Nintendo really tightened up the ship on sexuality in the last one to maintain an E10 rating, and to do so again, Pyra might be a problem. Regions have nothing to do with it.

And are putting pants on someone really a big enough deal to play the “all or nothing!” card?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I believe the argument is that Nintendo really tightened up the ship on sexuality in the last one to maintain an E10 rating, and to do so again, Pyra might be a problem. Regions have nothing to do with it.

And are putting pants on someone really a big enough deal to play the “all or nothing!” card?
The argument is slightly invalid if Smash Bros Switch is an entirely new game. I can totally understand of Smash Bros Switch is an enhanced port, or even a semi-port in general. Yeah.. I made that term up... Lol

I mean why should they maintain E10+ rating if it is new Smash Bros game in the first place? Not saying they won't but I think it is better to discuss this when we see actual gameplay.

And just look at the trailer... Mario and Link are being serious as ....

And again, we have seen Nintendo starting to neglect censorship when it comes to Nintendo Switch. As long as we have yet to see any visual censorship on Nintendo Switch first party games, I doubt there will be. (I also may be wrong here, so let me know if there are actually some Nintendo Switch first games that got censoship in some region)

That's why I also leave a bit short (and possibly annoying) quote....
This isn't Wii U/3DS Era...

Edit:
I also think it is unnecessary for Pyra's pants to be longer in some regions... I really don't know the actual purpose...it is not like this will make the game sell better....

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Aue, ya, aie...
This is spoiler territory ...especially those who still have yet to understand Blades... You know that right?
No I didn’t. Haven’t played the game. That’s why I meant it to be phrased as more of a question, wondering if there was a blade only version of the character to use. Knowing that they’re usually visible in game (a proximity type system if I understand correctly), that changes things a bit...

The argument is slightly invalid if Smash Bros Switch is an entirely new game. I can totally understand of Smash Bros Switch is an enhanced port, or even a semi-port in general. Yeah.. I made that term up... Lol

I mean why should they maintain E10+ rating if it is new Smash Bros game in the first place? Not saying they won't but I think it is better to discuss this when we see actual gameplay.

And just look at the trailer... Mario and Link are being serious as ....

And again, we have seen Nintendo starting to neglect censorship when it comes to Nintendo Switch. As long as we have yet to see any visual censorship on Nintendo Switch first party games, I doubt there will be. (I also may be wrong here, so let me know if there are actually some Nintendo Switch first games that got censoship in some region)

That's why I also leave a bit short (and possibly annoying) quote....
This isn't Wii U/3DS Era...

Edit:
I also think it is unnecessary for Pyra's pants to be longer in some regions... I really don't know the actual purpose...it is not like this will make the game sell better....
WiiU or Switch era, Smash is Smash. They want it to have as broad an appeal as possible. That being said, the trailer does tease maybe a more serious tone, so who knows? It may go back to T after all.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Don't get me wrong guys, the right "censored design" does not look bad at all, but I think this kind of disrespects the creator's original design.... But hey, that is just my own opinion.
Has this really gotten to the point where we're talking about "respecting the creative vision" of what is very plainly generic anime fanservice?

And since it's more in line with the thread's enforced topic, remember that the debate isn't whether or not it can be on the Switch, but whether or not it would be in Smash. Console-level censorship is much less a problem than people have made it out to be. The only exception that I know of is with religion, which was particularly an American thing, but now we have Binding of Isaac, so we're definitely past that.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No I didn’t. Haven’t played the game. That’s why I meant it to be phrased as more of a question, wondering if there was a blade only version of the character to use. Knowing that they’re usually visible in game (a proximity type system if I understand correctly), that changes things a bit...
I see, sorry, I am a bit paranoid when it comes to spoilers ...
WiiU or Switch era, Smash is Smash. They want it to have as broad an appeal as possible. That being said, the trailer does tease maybe a more serious tone, so who knows? It may go back to T after all.
Yes, but you have to remember ...
Bsck in Wii U and 3DS, there were many games got unnecessary censorship Notable ones were Bravely Default, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE ... Which the latter one being the most ridiculous ...

And uh... No, ratting doesn't affect the appeal at all... Brawl was T and it still remains one of the best selling Smash Bros game if counting it as individual platforms, if I remember correctly ...
Has this really gotten to the point where we're talking about "respecting the creative vision" of what is very plainly generic anime fanservice?
Fanservice or not, it is a design that the development created, I still think we should respect the original design, but again, that is just my opinion.. .

And ... Is generic anime fanservice bad? You can dislike it, but hey, as long as develop handles fanservice carefully I am OK with that.
And since it's more in line with the thread's enforced topic, remember that the debate isn't whether or not it can be on the Switch, but whether or not it would be in Smash. Console-level censorship is much less a problem than people have made it out to be. The only exception that I know of is with religion, which was particularly an American thing, but now we have Binding of Isaac, so we're definitely past that.
If you are curious about my stance in general, I think Rex will be the sole playable character and Pyra and rest of Blades will grant him movesets. And I don't think they will do any censorship.

That's why I mention since Switch games aren't getting censored, why will they do it on Smash Bros?

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
See, therein lies my problem. It doesn't matter if Pyra keeps her original design or gets redesigned or whatever. What matters is that Pyra's original design just isn't good. It's so fanservice-y, and she looks like she was designed by a freelance hentai artist, not a man who makes his livelihood on creating characters for video games.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What matters is that Pyra's original design just isn't good.
That's .. Just an opinion to be honest.
I understand her design isn't widely praised, but you can't use your opinion to justify the possibility of censorship.
It's so fanservice-y, and she looks like she was designed by a freelance hentai artist, not a man who makes his livelihood on creating characters for video games.
Wow, that's way too objective.
But you aren't wrong, Saitou does draw hentai... And he is freelance. So if I were you I will say "I personally don't like his design because he draws hentai."

Then again, minus hentai artwork, I like Saitou's artstyle in general.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That's .. Just an opinion to be honest.
I understand her design isn't widely praised, but you can't use your opinion to justify the possibility of censorship.

Wow, that's way too objective.
And Saitou does draw hentai... So if I were you I will say I don't like his design because he draws hentai.
Yeah, it's just my opinion, but I mean... Look at her. She's got boobs 2 sizes bigger than they have any right to be, a skintight costume designed to accentuate what little of her body is actually covered, and you can see way too much of her skin. Even Bayonetta, a character designed to be sexual in nature, isn't nearly as revealing as she is.

Mythra isn't much better, what with her boob window and her costume that manages to be even more revealing than Pyra's.

Look, I want her in Smash as much as you do, but she's in need of a serious redesign. She's clearly just fanservice with a winning personality that the creators hope will distract you from the fact that you can see her ass in pretty much every shot she's in.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
When it comes to Pyra's design, I don't really care for it. I fully expect her to appear in Smash 5 alongside Rex, though considering I have no strong opinions towards her or the series in general, I'm not gonna mind if her design remains unchanged or is censored.

If it's not censored then... cool? I mean if they see that she needs to be censored for Smash 5, then I'm not stopping them; it's just not gonna matter to me either way.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Fanservice or not, I still we still should respect the original design, but again, that is just my opinion.. .
What I mean to say is that I don't understand what there is to protect in that regard. If you wanted to make the case that this piece of clothing had such-and-such symbolic value, or that's the jewelry that her dead father, the former king, bequeathed her (just using generic tropes) or anything that could be described as having content, informational or artistic, then I'd understand.
I see literally no other reason for her thong to be there other than to make the design more sexually appealing to their target demographic. What is there to disrespect? A ploy using the sexualization of an uncomfortably young-looking girl in order to generate better sales? Honestly, I find that sort of marketing to be disrespectful to consumers, if anything.

But even without my prudish moralizing, what exactly is it about the design that you want to preserve? I assume that you'd be okay with the colors being shifted very slightly to better match the game's palette. I also assume you'd be fine with not using a model that's literally polygon-by-polygon identical to the one used in the original game. What makes that any less disrespectful to those artists?

A more simple way to put it is that I think you might be projecting an artistic/emotional attachment by the artist to something that's rather more cynical in nature than you're giving it credit for.

And I don't think they will do any censorship.

That's why I mention since Switch games aren't getting censored, why will they do it on Smash Bros?
I believe you missed what I was saying. It's not about what's allowed on Switch, it's about what's allowed in Smash. I don't think you'll find even ZSS levels of sexualized anything in Kirby Star Allies, because that's just not what the game is. Smash has a further line, but I also don't think you'll have a little girl wallowing in blood and fecal matter, abusing a razor while the corpse of a bird in her hair fights with anus-like subterranean monsters that are swarming her with flies. That's actually pretty mild fair for Binding of Isaac, and that's on Switch, so why can't it be in Smash?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Fanservice or not, it is a design that the development created, I still think we should respect the original design, but again, that is just my opinion.. .
Business decisions will trump artistic ones in a product created to be mass-produced. If Nintendo feels any character problematic, they will be altered or removed. Look at Bayonetta and Tharja.

But you aren't wrong, Saitou does draw hentai... And he is freelance.
Probably the least surprising surprise I've heard in a while.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yes, but you have to remember ...
Bsck in Wii U and 3DS, there were many games got unnecessary censorship Notable ones were Bravely Default, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE ... Which the latter one being the most ridiculous ...
Fanservice or not, it is a design that the development created, I still think we should respect the original design, but again, that is just my opinion..
And ... Is generic anime fanservice bad
Bravely Default's change was an offensive stereotype for native americans being removed, Xenoblade Chronicles X made a 13 year old's swimsuit less revealing and TMS got 'censored' in Japan as even they didn't like it
Corrin and Bayonetta got altered in Smash 4, if the bare skin on the back of Bayonetta's legs was risky enough to the point it needed to change for Japan's age rating, Pyra's not happening without drastic changes. It's either respect the people who don't care or change it
Yes it is

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
ITT: Should a thong be in Smash?

They're going to censor Xenoblade 2 characters. If Sakurai wants a character in so badly then he'll have them changed to get them in.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've played Smash with seven other people simultaneously. Somehow, though, we did often manage to get seven people together.

That said, I think I would drop 8-player Smash if we could get not just ICs, but ICs and Chorus Kids, should they have also been planned and dropped for similar reasons. I'll sacrifice a mode I use sparingly for two original characters.

My people grew up with the older Smash games, we're used to swapping between four at a time anyway, lol.
I think we can all agree to this. It was too hectic anyways. It was a novel idea, but I never had any fun when I couldn’t take a step without being pummeled from all directions. I’m all in favor of losing novel modes if it means a character can be added. I think most would agree.

Waves to Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen .

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
8-player Smash was a fun mode, but I personally didn't use it all that much. If it's back, sweet. If it's gone, you won't see me complainin'.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hm... Even though just only occasionally it seems that many users forgot or even don't really care that simply posting pic count as spam....
By they way, it would be awesome if Mario has some of those wacky costume in Smash Bros Switch.
Actually, I had written something below the image, but felt it was redundant due me just stating what the image did fine just on it's own, so I took it out.

Didn't expect to be unintentionally breaking one of the rules here though. :scared:

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, a Newcomer I would love and that would 'make sense' IF Indies got more than one Rep (since if Indies gets a rep I am sure it'd be Shovel Knight first)

I want Freddy Fazbear from Five Nights at Freddy's.

I know the franchise is famously hated in most forums, and I am sure no one here would wanna see him included, but FNAF is very big in Japan, and is a fenomenon worldwide, while having one of the mot recognizeable faces in recent years (Freddy), especially with Kids.

He'd also bring some horror into the roster, and he'd be a very unique character. Plus, his Reveal Trailer is obvious.

You see someone watching the cameras. You see Freddy sneaking closer to the office. The camera pans out, revealing it is Luigi checking the cams. Then boom, jumpscare, fit for a Luigi. -Freddy Brings The Freight- *cue gameplay*

I do not expect him, of course, and if indies gets one rep, it will surely be Shovel Knight, but Freddy is a very big-deal character, would be unique in Smash, and would be just generally awesome to play as, in a surreal, weird way. XD

Though I am sure no one here wants him, of course. But I would love to see that.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
See, therein lies my problem. It doesn't matter if Pyra keeps her original design or gets redesigned or whatever. What matters is that Pyra's original design just isn't good. It's so fanservice-y, and she looks like she was designed by a freelance hentai artist, not a man who makes his livelihood on creating characters for video games.
Actually I'm pretty sure that the Xenoblade 2 art designer was a hentai artist

Stratos

Smash Ace
If Little Mac return and Spring Man coming as newcomer, it will be a new kind of challenge in a boxing match for the Little Mac.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
So, a Newcomer I would love and that would 'make sense' IF Indies got more than one Rep (since if Indies gets a rep I am sure it'd be Shovel Knight first)

I want Freddy Fazbear from Five Nights at Freddy's.

I know the franchise is famously hated in most forums, and I am sure no one here would wanna see him included, but FNAF is very big in Japan, and is a fenomenon worldwide, while having one of the mot recognizeable faces in recent years (Freddy), especially with Kids.

He'd also bring some horror into the roster, and he'd be a very unique character. Plus, his Reveal Trailer is obvious.

You see someone watching the cameras. You see Freddy sneaking closer to the office. The camera pans out, revealing it is Luigi checking the cams. Then boom, jumpscare, fit for a Luigi. -Freddy Brings The Freight- *cue gameplay*

I do not expect him, of course, and if indies gets one rep, it will surely be Shovel Knight, but Freddy is a very big-deal character, would be unique in Smash, and would be just generally awesome to play as, in a surreal, weird way. XD

Though I am sure no one here wants him, of course. But I would love to see that.
Poe's Law in action.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Part of my launch party plans involved 8-player Smash. Didn't even cross my mind that it might not come back. While I can live without it, since I usually play 1v1, most of my friends only play Smash casually. We've had numerous 8-player matches, which helped the more casual players to enjoy the game with any of us that were more competitive and it was a generally enjoyable experience for all. So yeah, it being gone would put a damper on my plans and the enjoyment my friends and I could get out of the game. Not enough for the casuals to not pick up the game but enough to possibly make SSB for Wii U a better group game.

Stratos

Smash Ace
I want see the Queen Azarel and the Chief Zog from Warlocked coming as newcomers and their moves based from their armies.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I enjoy 8P Smash, but I'd leave it if it meant getting ICs back, no question.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Part of my launch party plans involved 8-player Smash. Didn't even cross my mind that it might not come back. While I can live without it, since I usually play 1v1, most of my friends only play Smash casually. We've had numerous 8-player matches, which helped the more casual players to enjoy the game with any of us that were more competitive and it was a generally enjoyable experience for all. So yeah, it being gone would put a damper on my plans and the enjoyment my friends and I could get out of the game. Not enough for the casuals to not pick up the game but enough to possibly make SSB for Wii U a better group game.
Launch parties for Smash are great. Definitely have one set up myself. There's me and two otherwise and we have three-way competitive matches, which get really heated.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Poe's Law in action.
I'm sorry, I honestly have no idea what that means. :/ Sorry if I said something stupid.

--

And about 8-Player Smash, I would personally prefer it being gone, at least if it will effect Classic/All-Star Mode again. I am all for some chaos, but 8-Playes was just too much for me. I'd prefer if they focused on making the game a bit prettier and such rather than balancing every design for 8-Player. Then again, 16 Ice Climbers on Battlefield IS a bit tempting.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What I mean to say is that I don't understand what there is to protect in that regard. If you wanted to make the case that this piece of clothing had such-and-such symbolic value, or that's the jewelry that her dead father, the former king, bequeathed her (just using generic tropes) or anything that could be described as having content, informational or artistic, then I'd understand.
You are assuming way out of the league, there is no "protect" obviously, since that's her design whether you like it or not. I am ok with those that are just jokingly say her designs need to change, and just straight up say her design is awful or dislike her design. I am fine with personal opinions as long as you don't try to shove it down to others... kind of like what you are doing now to be honest.
What is there to disrespect? A ploy using the sexualization of an uncomfortably young-looking girl in order to generate better sales? Honestly, I find that sort of marketing to be disrespectful to consumers, if anything.
If you are referring to Xenoblade 2, then you are absolutely wrong... not gonna lie fanservice in game do boost sales, but then again there's nothing wrong for games to have some fanserivce as long as it isn't a main part of the game or the game itself...

And no that isn't' disrespectful to consumers... because consumer have their own choice to pick up a game or not.

tl;dr
Fanservice, sexualization alone can't boost game sales... you should know this.
A more simple way to put it is that I think you might be projecting an artistic/emotional attachment by the artist to something that's rather more cynical in nature than you're giving it credit for.
No, just think prefer what the developer or designer gives put initially, if they changed it then it is their own will.
I believe you missed what I was saying. It's not about what's allowed on Switch, it's about what's allowed in Smash.
Just what do you even think what Smash is? What's allow in Smash is all up to the developer themselves, to be more realistic with you and I really hate for putting this out but most of your statement are pretty meaningless (What I mean is can't be argued nor accept) as for now... since we still haven't even seen what Smash Bros Switch looks like....

Look, I am impressed on your long statement and I am doing my best to understand, but I just want to say when it comes to designs, everyone has their own preference,
and I lieterally said that was just my own opinion....
that's what all I can say from someone who's English is his second language...

Yeah, it's just my opinion, but I mean... Look at her. She's got boobs 2 sizes bigger than they have any right to be, a skintight costume designed to accentuate what little of her body is actually covered, and you can see way too much of her skin. Even Bayonetta, a character designed to be sexual in nature, isn't nearly as revealing as she is.

Mythra isn't much better, what with her boob window and her costume that manages to be even more revealing than Pyra's.

Look, I want her in Smash as much as you do, but she's in need of a serious redesign. She's clearly just fanservice with a winning personality that the creators hope will distract you from the fact that you can see her *** in pretty much every shot she's in.
I highly recommend you to at least played the game... You might understand why she is like that....

I really can't say anything about your complaint on Pyra's design, it is your own opinion afterall. So let's agree to disagree?......
Bravely Default's change was an offensive stereotype for native americans being removed, Xenoblade Chronicles X made a 13 year old's swimsuit less revealing and TMS got 'censored' in Japan as even they didn't like it
Corrin and Bayonetta got altered in Smash 4, if the bare skin on the back of Bayonetta's legs was risky enough to the point it needed to change for Japan's age rating, Pyra's not happening without drastic changes. It's either respect the people who don't care or change it
Yes it is
That's in Bravely Second ... If I remember correctly. And hey, I am fine with that alternative design and Censorship. Because it is necessary.
Bravely Default have many design change and censorship, notable one was that bunny costume and other costume that I can't remember....
I only post link because to be fair, those costume are pretty revealing... that might violate forum rules... I take no chances.

And yes, that why I said many 3ds and Wii U games have censorship in the first place.
Corrin and Bayonetta are DLC... So they have to have some changes since the ESRB and the age rating is already set stone.

Moreover, can you bring up any Switch games that has censorship when porting to the west?

And no offense, but you still didn't bring up any legit reason to counter my statement. Not saying that you are wrong, but just how can you be so sure? Pyra in Smash without having minor changes is still likely, but then again, this is just my assumption. Nobody is right at this point.
Business decisions will trump artistic ones in a product created to be mass-produced. If Nintendo feels any character problematic, they will be altered or removed. Look at Bayonetta and Tharja.
I've said this before... so yeah...
Bayonetta was DLC (After game's release), and Tharja was never officially revealed anyway... we only get to see her because of the ESRB leak.

Probably the least surprising surprise I've heard in a while.
Tell me about it...
It's not like design tweaks would make them unrecognizable.
I agree, and I'm not against tweaks whatsoever, I just think by looking how many Switch games are being handled, I just don't see Smash get design tweaks that is literally censorship.

Actually I'm pretty sure that the Xenoblade 2 art designer was a hentai artist
Yeah... I already mention that, kudos to you though.

Actually, I had written something below the image, but felt it was redundant due me just stating what the image did fine just on it's own, so I took it out.

Didn't expect to be unintentionally breaking one of the rules here though. :scared:
That's okay, I'm not trying to be content cop or anything... I just notice this thread has some user get warning a bit frequently, but that may be just me...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom