• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Also, off topic, but those new splash cards in my sig took goddamn FOREVER to make.

Rest assured, for those half a dozen people that have played SMT3, the support thread for Demi-friend is well into development.
Wait, I'm not familiar with SMT.
Is that a typo, or is there actually a completely separate character known as "Demi-Friend"?

D

Deleted member

Holy crud, why are there 103 guests? Did something happen? 0.o

Anyways, for the sake of conversation, what's everyone's favorite returning stage? Mine is Fourside. The music, the night setting, Melee nostalgia...everything about it is perfect to me.

And with the way music works now, I can listen to Snowman on it. This truly is the best timeline.

D

Deleted member

Using photoshop, it'd be a cinch following the youtube tutorials.

Unfortunately, I do not own photoshop, but instead, paint.net, so I had to do ghetto versions of those instructions, which is also why the text isn't the flashy slightly tilted 3-D version.

It's like a 10 layer pancake. Starting at the bottom, you need a background, then character, then ink smear, then text. Then you gotta cut out a shadow of the character and sandwich it underneath and do the same for the ink smear.

Honestly, the hardest part was probably finding SMT1 Hero fan-art.
Yeah, that does sound like it'd take a while lol. They look awesome though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wait, I'm not familiar with SMT.
Is that a typo, or is there actually a completely separate character known as "Demi-Friend"?
It's a joke I use a lot.
The Demi-fiend is your demi-friend.
Unfortunately, both of his are kinda *****.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Anyways, for the sake of conversation, what's everyone's favorite returning stage? Mine is Fourside. The music, the night setting, Melee nostalgia...everything about it is perfect to me.

And with the way music works now, I can listen to Snowman on it. This truly is the best timeline.
Unova League (and a lot of other 3DS stages). I loved Smash 3DS, put a lot of time into it. Seeing all of it's amazing stages bumped up to HD is great.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Fountain of Dreams, baby.
I have never played the source of that stage, but the fact remains it is goddamn eye-meltingly beautiful.

Also helps it's competitively viable so we'll actually see it over animal crossing 1 and 2.

D

Deleted member

Unova League (and a lot of other 3DS stages). I loved Smash 3DS, put a lot of time into it. Seeing all of it's amazing stages bumped up to HD is great.
Magicant in HD is going to be a glorious, glorious thing. And with the stage hazard toggle, it'll actually be playable outside Omega forms! :p

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman

Saffron city! Such a nostalgic stage for me and I love that kept the Pokémon pixelated that comes out of that building.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

Since I only had Smash 4 on my Wii U (didn't have a 3DS), I'm really excited to finally get to play on all of the stages from the 3DS in HD. Specifically Magicant and Spirit Tracks.

But I'm excited to fight on Fourside and Kongo Falls once again as well!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Unova League, Spear Pillar, Fourside, Magicant, Fountain of Dreams...
And that's just to name a few!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

103 guests?

That's one for each stage!

Though, perhaps 5 more guests will show up later...

D

Deleted member

Well, since we don't have much to discuss, anyone here ever play any games in Japanese while using a translated English script for the game to read the text? I did that for Shin Megami Tensei II.

D

Deleted member

I swear, either I have no patience, or this place just got really quite all of sudden.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Question for everyone. Does anyone think the smoke effects in ultimate when characters fly away to be distracting? Or is it just me..

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I swear, either I have no patience, or this place just got really quite all of sudden.
Perhaps everyone is just waiting for some official word. (Expectations of last week giving nothing was enough to make us quiet down?)
That or another 'leak' to come up and laugh at or might be legit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, to all my MegaTen fans out there, how do you think a meeting between the Persona 3, 4, and 5 main casts and Kazuya, Aleph, Demi-Fiend, and Flynn would go?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Question for everyone. Does anyone think the smoke effects in ultimate when characters fly away to be distracting? Or is it just me..
It was hella distracting at first (especially during the Invitational) but the more footage I watched, the more I got used to it. Same case for the balloon knockback.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, to all my MegaTen fans out there, how do you think a meeting between the Persona 3, 4, and 5 main casts and Kazuya, Aleph, Demi-Fiend, and Flynn would go?
In my mind, it would go like this:
SMT OPM.jpg

More realistically, no one would talk because they're all ****ing mutes.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Lol probably will see nothing but clouds in 8 player smash
I think the easiest thing to compromise between the people that like the smoke effects and those that don't would be to simply decrease the opacity of the smoke effects. I'd like to at least be able to distinguish what's behind the smoke, so I don't walk into it and eat a mecha-koopa on the floor.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I think the easiest thing to compromise between the people that like the smoke effects and those that don't would be to simply decrease the opacity of the smoke effects. I'd like to at least be able to distinguish what's behind the smoke, so I don't walk into it and eat a mecha-koopa on the floor.
Well, there is precedence for this. They let you decrease the character outlines on Smash 3DS. So perhaps it could be an option.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I think I've finally found homeostasis with my hype, doubt, hopes, and disappointments, and it feels unbalanced.
I've reached the "I don't care who is in anymore I just want to play" stage. Of course if they announce any of my most wanteds I'll be hyped but I'm not hanging on every word from Nintendo either.

It's pretty nice tbh. With me being so busy recently with uni work and other games (BO4, TWEWY, Let's Go when that comes out) the time is flying by.

Last edited:

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Well, there is precedence for this. They let you decrease the character outlines on Smash 3DS. So perhaps it could be an option.
Ah, forgot 3ds version had that option. (By that sentence you can guess which smash version I got lol) Hopefully that is something that will be added to the game but if not I can always try to get use to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom