• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
On another note; I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet, but here's a pretty clear cut of Ultimate's full main menu theme I found for your late-night listening pleasure:

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'd imagine that Kazuya, Aleph, Demi-Fiend, and Flynn would either be confused or annoyed at the Persona cast's antics. Especially by someone like Teddie or Morgana.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
Holy crud, why are there 103 guests? Did something happen? 0.o

Anyways, for the sake of conversation, what's everyone's favorite returning stage? Mine is Fourside. The music, the night setting, Melee nostalgia...everything about it is perfect to me.

And with the way music works now, I can listen to Snowman on it. This truly is the best timeline.
There are a lot of returning stages that I'm just dying to play in, including the Melee stages specifically Fountain of Dreams, Peach's Castle, Fourside, Kongo Falls, etc. Melee was my first smash bros game, so of course I'm excited to play all of their upgraded stages.
For the Fourside stage, I might play the Pollyanna music or Smiles and Tears.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
In my mind, it would go like this:

More realistically, no one would talk because they're all ****ing mutes.
Eh, The Persona protags all have speaking roles in the spinoffs, and these guys would probably only meet in a spinoff, so...

Also, Yu and Makoto would probably be decently stoic about things. Makoto can be kinda apathetic, and Yu has a pretty high weirdness tolerance level.
I dunno about Ren though. I haven't been watching P5A.
It's been, uh...
Something.

The final version of the Dark Sun OP is pretty fantastic though. Too bad they only used it for ONE episode, apparently.
Congratulations. You just made me more scared to see this:
View attachment 169817

on Final Destination.
Hmm... One of these Clouds is oddly... Regal-looking.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Anyways, for the sake of conversation, what's everyone's favorite returning stage? Mine is Fourside. The music, the night setting, Melee nostalgia...everything about it is perfect to me.

And with the way music works now, I can listen to Snowman on it. This truly is the best timeline.
My favorite returning stage is Magicant

Yes, a NON-Yoshi stage. Hope me saying that won't cause the Rapture...:yoshi:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I'd imagine that Kazuya, Aleph, Demi-Fiend, and Flynn would either be confused or annoyed at the Persona cast's antics. Especially by someone like Teddie or Morgana.
Honestly, I don't see a reason for them getting along well, considering how murky SMT protags' sense of morality is and Persona party members generally characterized as having strong moralities.

I can actually see Morgana getting along with them with his gangster speech and Futaba would found Demon Summoning Program cool but that's it. (and Yu, since he uses demon speech)

Spirit Tracks, because being able to fight on a train is objectively great and seeing it on big screen will be great.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't see a reason for them getting along well, considering how murky SMT protags' sense of morality is and Persona party members generally characterized as having strong moralities.

I can actually see Morgana getting along with them with his gangster speech and Futaba would found Demon Summoning Program cool but that's it. (and Yu, since he uses demon speech)
Same. The Persona cast would probably be very...unsettled if they knew what those guys went through.

NineS

Smash Lord
I've reached the "I don't care who is in anymore I just want to play" stage. Of course if they announce any of my most wanteds I'll be hyped but I'm not hanging on every word from Nintendo either.

It's pretty nice tbh. With me being so busy recently with uni work and other games (BO4, TWEWY, Let's Go when that comes out) the time is flying by.
Agreed. Now, I feel completely calm. I don't really feel impatient or patient. I guess you could say at this point I just don't care when the next announcement is, or what. Now, I'm just... There. Nearly no emotion about it in my current state.

I'll probably revert back to how I was: hyping, fantasizing, and growing impatient again once the next big reveal happens.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

No Rapture, but maybe a Raptor.

Since Yoshi is a reptile.

You can't escape your fate, Zinith.

:EvilBub:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Same. The Persona cast would probably be very...unsettled if they knew what those guys went through.
They are mostly ordinary students, right? Honestly, there aren't much reason to see them cross-over. Raidou Kuzunoha, Devil Survivor or even Soul Hackers would make more interesting dynamics.

Agreed. Now, I feel completely calm. I don't really feel impatient or patient. I guess you could say at this point I just don't care when the next announcement is, or what. Now, I'm just... There. Nearly no emotion about it in my current state.

I'll probably revert back to how I was: hyping, fantasizing, and growing impatient again once the next big reveal happens.
I get you, I don't have any strong feelings left, either. Maybe a suprise reveal would change that, but I'll be hype again when I can actually play the game.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No matter how it all ends, Solid Snake is in. And he's home. Finally.

I love him. I got into MGS with my best friend in early 2015 or so and it's got one of my favorite videogame stories of all time (watched the movie editions)

I expected Snake to never ever come back ever.

Seeing Snake fizzle in is literally one of my happiest gaming moments of all time, saw it live with the same best friend. Unforgettable.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911

Don't worry, the scriptures foretell that the Rapture will not come until Zinith proclaimeth that Yoshi's Island is a bad game.

We shall all sleep soundly knowing that we are forever safe.

YoshiSleeping.png

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Spirit Tracks, because being able to fight on a train is objectively great and seeing it on big screen will be great.
I love how Yu has the option to say "Me eat you whole" in Persona Q.
Plus, if the PQ2 trailers are any indication, he'll say it again in that game too.

God, I'm so glad we're getting so many of the 3DS stages back.

3DS honestly has some of my favorite stages in the series' history.

Magicant, Spirit Train, Balloon Fight, Reset Bomb Forest, Unova Pokemon League, Gerudo Valley, Find Mii, Prism Tower, Pictochat 2, Arena Ferox and Tomodachi Life are all fantastic stages, with Paper Mario, Golden Plains, 3D Land, Living Room, Mute City SNES, Tortimer Island, and Dream Land being pretty fun as well. I'm so glad they're all returning.

Shame about PAC-Maze and Rainbow Road though, I'll miss them.

Honestly, I don't think there's a 3DS Original stage that I don't like. 3DS just had a really good selection of stages overall.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I love how Yu has the option to say "Me eat you whole" in Persona Q.
Plus, if the PQ2 trailers are any indication, he'll say it again in that game too.

God, I'm so glad we're getting so many of the 3DS stages back.

3DS honestly has some of my favorite stages in the series' history.

Magicant, Spirit Train, Balloon Fight, Reset Bomb Forest, Unova Pokemon League, Gerudo Valley, Find Mii, Prism Tower, Pictochat 2, Arena Ferox and Tomodachi Life are all fantastic stages, with Paper Mario, Golden Plains, 3D Land, Living Room, Mute City SNES, Tortimer Island, and Dream Land being pretty fun as well. I'm so glad they're all returning.

Shame about PAC-Maze and Rainbow Road though, I'll miss them.

Honestly, I don't think there's a 3DS Original stage that I don't like. 3DS just had a really good selection of stages overall.
I still feel like 3DS version is extremely underrated. People tend to treat it like a demo or a roadblock holding back Wii U version. Even though it had a decent Classic Mode, Smash Run and and awesome new stages. I even liked its art direction better than Wii U for the most part.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Seeing Snake crack open a beer, doing the stunner and all around being a bad***...
Stone Cold Solid Snake! Give me Hell Yeah!
Hell Yeah
AE57690B-5EB2-4D85-8D0A-1872E91D387B.gif

On another note; I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet, but here's a pretty clear cut of Ultimate's full main menu theme I found for your late-night listening pleasure:

Hot
Shame about PAC-Maze and Rainbow Road though, I'll miss them
Don’t lost hope on Rainbow Road yet

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Personally if the 5 more stages thing is true I expect them to all be new considering how few of new stages we got so far.

At most we might see more returning stages in the form of DLC. I can imagine Poke Floats and Rainbow Road being among those.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9o0dig/did_anyone_else_get_a_notification_from_youtube/

Okay either Nintendo had an oops and ****ed up or..... what the ****ing **** is happening.
Flip what I think I'm subscribed to Nintendo lemme check my notifications.

EDIT: I don't see anything about that on mine, but granted, I didn't have notifications turned on for Nintendo's Youtube. Is there more than just two people who've gotten it? Could very easily be a fake by two people in on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
[

Fountain of Dreams, I've missed that stage for ages.

Shroob

Sup?
I know I'm the one who posted the link, but I'm "Pressing X to doubt" here.

Why would only a small handful of individuals get this?

D

Deleted member

Gonna go ahead and call fake here.

From what I'm reading, only two people are saying they got it. False alarm, it seems.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'll play an SMT title one of these days, just you wait. But first I've got to finish Super Metroid. Then after that I'll be playing Dark Souls on Switch which should take a little bit. And, well, I'll have to play this awful game known as Let's Go Eevee because I'm a mindless Pokemon drone. Then Ultimate will release and probably consume my soul, so yeah.

And that's not even mentioning Etrian Odyssey X releasing early next year and that I haven't even finished EOV yet.

NineS

Smash Lord

Youtube's Notifications system is screwed up, so I find it plausible.
Even if you activate the bell icon, you won't always get the notifications. It usually only gives you notifications for channels you've recently consistently watched or turned on notifications for. Sometimes, it tells you the notification way later than it should.

Think this aligns with that countdown timer from before? Is this a repeat of what happened on the August 8th direct with the leaked Castlevania track?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Youtube's Notifications system is screwed up, so I find it plausible.
Even if you activate the bell icon, you won't always get the notifications. It usually only gives you notifications for channels you've recently consistently watched or turned on notifications for. Sometimes, it tells you the notification way later than it should.
.............Or, it could just be a hoax between those two guys.

Kind of ironic how only those two guys seemed to have seen it.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I mean, it might not have showed up for others because Nintendo deleted it super fast after? Do deleted videos still show up in the feed after deletion? Trying to have hope here

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's pretty neat I'll give you that. Just want some damn Smash news soon.

And believe it or not, one new character being the only content we get in over 2 months can't sustain excitement and speculation forever lol

D

Deleted member

I mean, it might not have showed up for others because Nintendo deleted it super fast after? Do deleted videos still show up in the feed after deletion? Trying to have hope here
If something happened, more than two people would have gotten it for sure. I'm 99% positive it's a heckin' bamboozle. A speckledorf, if you will.

Shroob

Sup?
I just find it verrrrrrrrrrry odd that only two people out of hundreds if not thousands would have seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom