• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
POSSIBLE DECONFIRMATION OF BLACK KNIGHT:
I have noticed that some characters that had alts of others fighters in the past no longer have those colors

Example: Mario no longer has his Wario alt

Another interesting point is that in Smash 4, Fox had an alt based of Wolf

Now in Ultimate, Fox still has a purplish color like in Smash 4, however, his fur is now also purple, not grey. He also has more blackish sleeves instead of the light purple. Not to mention his pants are now a dark purple instead of black.

Now lets look at Ike's alt that is based on Black Knight from Smash 4

Now look at his alts from Smash Ultimate

As you could see, Black Knight is now mostly likely not playable. Apologies to all you Black Knight supporters out there.
sorry, but opposed to other inspired alts, its still missing plenty of striking features to assure its staying as a inspired costume only.
especially with the Ragnell not being white like the Alondite and the cape not being more red to his iconic debut design from Path of Radiance. (notice this is an alt. costume Radiant Dawn Ike as well)

atm, its just as bad as Fox's Wolf-inspired alt. and Pit's Fallen Angel costume (note: this is not based on Dark Pit, straight from the Brawl DOJO) but not something they had to assured such as MK's Galacta-inspired costume, ****ing Blood Falcon, or any of the Link's Dark Link costumes.
until we hear something officially, Black Knight is not out due to RD Ike's inspired costume.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
sorry, but opposed to other inspired alts, its still missing plenty of striking features to assure its staying as a inspired costume.
especially with the Ragnell not being white like the Alondite and the cape not being more red to his iconic debut design from Path of Radiance. (notice this is an alt. costume Radiant Dawn Ike as well)

atm, its just as bad as Fox's Wolf-inspired alt. and Pit's Fallen Angel costume (note: this is not based on Dark Pit, straight from the Brawl DOJO) but not something they had to assured such as MK's Galacta-inspired costume or any of the Link's Dark Link costumes.
until we hear something officially, Black Knight is not out due to RD Ike's inspired costume.
You're right.

He's out due to him being impossible to be in as an echo.

:p

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Probably about as legitimate as this one

I think we've had one or two true leaks come from 4Chan, but I don't remember which.
i dunno who's responsible for these steve images and model in /v/, but its creep as heck

NineS

Smash Lord
But he'll come across some adorable blessed images afterwards... :yoshi:
Good point.

He should skip the pages I posted anything on instead just to be safe. But he's not psychic.. I hope the blessed images are enough for hi--
I saw both and honestly? No amount of blessed images worth it.
Something tells me this is a mistake I won't be able to live down until Smash is released.

ZenythSmash ZenythSmash Avoid pages 5411 to 5412 just to be safe.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
SPEAKING OF ZERO,

Capcom, you cowards, release Megaman Zero 5 already, or ZX 3, or X9.
Aaaaanything.
how the hell they're gonna churn out a Zero 5 after the events of 4?
literally jumped right to ZX

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
So whose a character that you want despite no one really wanting them.

Forme it'd be Leon Powalski. How I feel the Kirby roster isn't complete without Bandana Dee I feel the same with the StarFox roster since Leon would be Falco's answer as Wolf is to Fox. It would perfectly balance it.
*lol*
I have to imagine how the German announcer is shouting "LEEON POWALSKI!" I want see it is happening now. :D

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Unrelated, but am I the only one who likes Corrin mainly because her dragon design?

link2702

Smash Champion
Hey what kinda cosmetic throwbacks and Easter eggs would folks like to see?

For example what if some stages instead of the normal announcer at the start doing the countdown, it’s occasionally done instead by referencing the stages games? So lakitu with his stop light on Mario kart stages, or on f-zero stages you see the announcer from f-zero x complete with the digital voice and robot sign at the start.

NineS

Smash Lord
I'm just wondering in which stage and how Sakurai is going to hide cat pictures this time.
And more importantly, if they're going to be in the same stage as last time or they removed it.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

For example what if some stages instead of the normal announcer at the start doing the countdown, it’s occasionally done instead by referencing the stages games? So lakitu with his stop light on Mario kart stages, or on f-zero stages you see the announcer from f-zero x complete with the digital voice and robot sign at the start.
In Yoshi's Island Brawl, I'd like to see the Raphael the Raven constellation at night

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So smash has brought to life

Mario vs Sonic
Link vs Cloud

I've come to the realisation that if Namco gets another character, it should be a Digimon

Pokemon vs Digimon sounds very Sakurai

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Imran is senior editor at GameInformer. He said, "That's because 'he' is like six different people pulling rumors from eighteen different sources," when referencing Verge.
unless he was really making an example how Verge works not implying he's a walking circle of germans leaking stuff, I think Mr. Imran misunderstands the fact Verge is just a reporter talking with his main sources and multiple ones that come by and go.
not every leaker has to have one and his quote isn't any better than the usual ****posting at the FAQS saying Verge has multiple alternate accounts.

you can actually be one guy harboring a ton of rumors or leaks for the said sources that want to stay low about it

NineS

Smash Lord
I'd start a forum game, but it'd just be "You're main is now a Yoshi" or something like... :yoshi:
Well, either way, if I'm right, activity should spike back up again in about half an hour to an hour. Just need to pass the time until then...

If you could have any character at all, besides Yoshi and Boshi, and Yoshi, and Yoshi, what would it be?

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well, either way, if I'm right, activity should spike back up again in about half an hour to an hour. Just need to pass the time until then...

If you could have any character at all, besides Yoshi and Boshi, and Yoshi, and Yoshi, what would it be?
Yoob

Nah, I'm kidding. Mike Jones from StarTropics

NineS

Smash Lord
Yoob

Nah, I'm kidding. Mike Jones from StarTropics
That's actually a genuinely surprising and uncommon character. I'm so used to hearing the usuals like Geno, Sora, Ken, Lynsanseroar...

Here's a fun one. how about this thing for a fighter?

It's owned by Namco, already on the switch, and it'd be one of those weird unexpected picks.

It's a pretty famous character over in Japan, too. Usually in tons of crossovers.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
RIP Command & Conquer

Again anonymous posts and at least they dont treat them like walking bags of money or worse like EA but i digress. Leaving it at here.
Yeah, no, they see you as bags of money. They just know how to have good pr with stuff like free dlc"
"Man, I'm feeling depressed... :drsad:... I know, I'll try watching anime! I haven't watched an anime in half a decade, surely there'll be something g---"

>One show's about schoolgirl idol zombies
>The other's a ridiculously EDGE show about a goblin slayer

Ah, now I remember why I don't watch anime. :drshrug:
jojo beckons

But yeah, anime is unironically ****ing trash nowadays

SPEAKING OF ZERO,

Capcom, you cowards, release Megaman Zero 5 already, or ZX 3, or X9.
Aaaaanything.
spoiler alert sigma is the villain of x9

someone merge this with my last post

NineS

Smash Lord
What’s new folks?
Nothing, sadly. I'm hoping for an announcement sometime next week.
Come to think of it, what do people think we might get the next announcement? I'm expecting a newcomer and an echo fighter at the very least, likely some more assist trophies, and details on Spirits.

Of course, there's those that think the next announcement may be the final announcement as well.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Nothing, sadly. I'm hoping for an announcement sometime next week.
Come to think of it, what do people think we might get the next announcement? I'm expecting a newcomer and an echo fighter at the very least, likely some more assist trophies, and details on Spirits.

Of course, there's those that think the next announcement may be the final announcement as well.
There could add alt costumes to all that you listed in the Direct, considering we know my boi has them without a formal announcement...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Come to think of it, what do people think we might get the next announcement?
Simple.

They'll go all out and reveal everything left to know about the game.

The newcomers left (including Echoes), alt costumes, all the Assist Trophies and Pokemon, every item, details on Spirits, everything!

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Totaka's song.

Incredible how it hasn't been in Smash yet.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Anyone else feeling Sora?
Simple.

They'll go all out and reveal everything left to know about the game.

The newcomers left (including Echoes), alt costumes, all the Assist Trophies and Pokemon, every item, details on Spirits, everything!
With this information drought I think it's pretty safe to say Incineroar and the Square rep are the final newcomers and that they'll both be in the final direct.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
They're still going to separate the game into over 2 to 3 discs, and they're going to try to strive to make the game different and far more massive than the original.
As long as it still plays like a character action game and not a JRPG, I'll continue to have no interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom