• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Man, they have all time show yet they STILL haven't release FF7 Remake!

That remake has been on limbo since AGES!
At this point we're gonna get Mother 3 before Final Fantasy VII Remake ever comes out.
We're in a timeline alright.

NineS

Smash Lord
As long as it's not episodic anymore.

I'm not really a FF fan, but even the most casual of fans have known the plot of FFVII since the nineties. What the **** does going episodic accomplish?

"Oh my God, what a cliffhanger! I wonder what Sepheroth is going to do to Aerith???"
They're still going to separate the game into over 2 to 3 discs, and they're going to try to strive to make the game different and far more massive than the original.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
You should read light-hearted mangas instead

Like Berserk.
The Greatest Dark Fantasy ever.. Also I like Goblin Slayer but my tastes are dark, Those two, Vinland Saga, Devilman... Jojo's is pretty graphically gorey at points.. Monster, Death Note, been meaning to get into Attack on Titan.. you get the idea..

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
They're still going to separate the game into over 2 to 3 discs, and they're going to try to strive to make the game different and far more massive than the original.
Gaaaawwwwwd. FF games are massive enough as-is.

Two-to-three blu rays?? I'm tapping out. I have other **** to do.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
"Man, I'm feeling depressed... :drsad:... I know, I'll try watching anime! I haven't watched an anime in half a decade, surely there'll be something g---"

>One show's about schoolgirl idol zombies
>The other's a ridiculously EDGE show about a goblin slayer

Ah, now I remember why I don't watch anime. :drshrug:
I watched the first episode of the schoolgirl idol zombie anime. It is exactly as weird and nonsensical as you expect it to be.
I had to leave in the middle of defending Yoshi's honor five hours ago. Anything happen?
The thread has devolved into anime talk and which JRPG is the best.

Shroob

Sup?
I watched the first episode of the schoolgirl idol zombie anime. It is exactly as weird and nonsensical as you expect it to be.

The thread has devolved into anime talk and which JRPG is the best.
Honestly, I'm at the point where the schoolgirl idol zombie anime seems appealing just because it may make me laugh due to how dumb the premise is.:drsad:

Japan will make anything an idol there days it seems. :drshrug:

How long until we get something like horse idols?

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Oh, okay then...

"I used to watch a lot of Attack on Titan" and "Xenoblade Chronicles" respectively... :yoshi:
We were also talking about how NieR and Persona were better than XC2.

But that was a long time ago.

Honestly, I'm at the point where the schoolgirl idol zombie anime seems appealing just because it may make me laugh due to how dumb the premise is.:drsad:

About that...
Well. I mean. Does this count?

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Oh, okay then...

"I used to watch a lot of Attack on Titan" and "Xenoblade Chronicles" respectively... :yoshi:
The studio that made that is adapting one of my favorite manga Vinland Saga next year. Also while you were gone we all became Vergeben. or were you here for that.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Four Sword Adventures wasn't developed by Capcom.
keep in mind a majority of Zelda and Kirby handhelds titles through out the Gameboy generation (Color to early DS) was by FLAGSHIP

a temporary subsidiary by Capcom which diminish years ago, but its to keep in mind it was them that did the Oracles games, Four Sword, Minish Cap, Amazing Mirror, Squeak Squad, etc., not directly Capcom.
and no, they were not involved with FSA. which you could easily tell by looking at the style clash in the game. (which sucked a lot for a glorified collection)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Took a game break and had to come back. What did I mi-
*Sees someone else talk about Hero/Villain theory that was brought up pages back by self*

.....OH!? Its like that huh!?

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Trust me, the premise is very dumb.

In the first episode, the main character is like "hey how'd i become a zombie?" and the dude who revived her says, verbatim, "a little of this, a little of that, and boom, you're out of the grave", and the topic is never touched upon again.

The girls are also death metal idols, because their zombie noises sound like death metal screaming, and the fact that they're dead means they can headbang with the best of them because they can break their necks with ease.

Death metal also "awakens" their old personalities, and turns them from mindless zombies into normal girls who just happen to be dead.

I don't understand it either.
I still don't get why they decided to split the FFVII remake. Sure, it's gonna be a big game, but FFXV managed to fit on one disc, why can't this game?

NineS

Smash Lord
Trust me, the premise is very dumb.

In the first episode, the main character is like "hey how'd i become a zombie?" and the dude who revived her says, verbatim, "a little of this, a little of that, and boom, you're out of the grave", and the topic is never touched upon again.

The girls are also death metal idols, because their zombie noises sound like death metal screaming, and the fact that they're dead means they can headbang with the best of them because they can break their necks with ease.

Death metal also "awakens" their old personalities, and turns them from mindless zombies into normal girls who just happen to be dead.

I don't understand it either.

I still don't get why they decided to split the FFVII remake. Sure, it's gonna be a big game, but FFXV managed to fit on one disc, why can't this game?
My guess? They're going to try to make it so the content is actually too much and too big to fit in one disc.
But that's a pretty big claim. I'd see why they're taking so long if this is true though.

That, or, they want to release the game in short bursts as they work on it. Or, just for nostalgia.
You gotta be ****tin' me :drflip:
This is why I only watch self aware gag anime.

Granted, last time I watched anime of any sorts was over 6 months ago...

... Pretty sure there's an anime soley about wild animals but girls/idols. And one about monsters, but girls and idols too.

I tell you, weird stuff. But you already knew that.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
My guess? They're going to try to make it so the content is actually too big to fit in one disc.
But that's a pretty big claim. I'd see why they're taking so long if this is true though.
Honestly, I wouldn't doubt it at this point.

NineS

Smash Lord
Took a game break and had to come back. What did I mi-
*Sees someone else talk about Hero/Villain theory that was brought up pages back by self*

.....OH!? Its like that huh!?
Well, you see.. Since YOU'RE Vergeben, and I'm Vergeben, and the others are Vergeben as well.
Technically, Vergeben brought up the Hero/Villain theory.

But yeah, definitely should've paid attention to it further back. At least we had something to talk about.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
I love news droughts. Not even being snarky, I get to know you people better through these.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
You're telling me. I only managed to get about 60 messages in today so far.
Yesterday was way over that. I think...

This isn't a thing I should be admitting, is it?
Lol, nothing to be ashamed about. You are passionate in what you like! So why not talk to your hearts content.

Besides, we are The Hive after all...

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
I'm most definitely passionate, and I have no shame :yoshi:
Lol, nothing to be ashamed about. You are passionate in what you like! So why not talk to your hearts content.

Besides, we are The Hive after all...
Noted.

I'll try to be even more passionate, vocal and shameless than before.
SAND BAG FOR SMASH! LET'S GET HIM IN! HE'S AMAZING! HE REMINDS ME OF MYSELF!
**** Square Enix!

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Meanwhile I’m more worried over Imran alluding to no new Namco reps cause that destroys KOS-MOS’ chances, let alone other characters people want like Lloyd.
It doesn't destroy her chances cause she's actually even more relevant come dlc era because Sakurai played Xenoblade 2 AFTER he finalized the roster. He would know of KOS-MOS Re being marketed for the game even though she was a huge spoiler Monolith did market her publicly to get fans to buy the game.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
"Man, I'm feeling depressed... :drsad:... I know, I'll try watching anime! I haven't watched an anime in half a decade, surely there'll be something g---"

>One show's about schoolgirl idol zombies
>The other's a ridiculously EDGE show about a goblin slayer

Ah, now I remember why I don't watch anime. :drshrug:
watch the whole Universal Century Gundam series

Gundam 0079
Zeta Gundam
Gundam ZZ
Char's Counter Attack
After CCA watch 08th MS Team OVA which takes place during the middle of 0079 and than War in the Pocket OVA which takes place near the end of 0079

Than watch 0083 Stardust Memories which is a sort of prequel to the events of Zeta Gundam explaining how the main villians in Zeta came to be

than end it all with Gundam Unicorn which ends the Zeon war once and for all

NineS

Smash Lord
watch the whole Universal Century Gundam series

Gundam 0079
Zeta Gundam
Gundam ZZ
Char's Counter Attack
After CCA watch 08th MS Team OVA which takes place during the middle of 0079 and than War in the Pocket OVA which takes place near the end of 0079

Than watch 0083 Stardust Memories which is a sort of prequel to the events of Zeta Gundam explaining how the main villians in Zeta came to be

than end it all with Gundam Unicorn which ends the Zeon war once and for all
It's like reading someone trying to explain a Final Fantasy, Yoko Taro, or Hideo Kojima plot to me. Is it simpler than it looks on paper?

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
It's like reading someone trying to explain a Final Fantasy, Yoko Taro, or Hideo Kojima plot to me. Is it simpler than it looks on paper?
The chronological order goes:
Gundam 0079
08th MS Team (OVA )
War In the Pocket (OVA)
Stardust Memory (OVA)
Zeta Gundam
Gundam ZZ
Char's Counter Attack
Gundam Unicorn

however its better to watch the OVA's later since its basically like side stories that add up to the experience after finishing the main plot

Gundam Victory, F91, and G Reco are part of the same UC timeline too but take place long after

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Gundam 0079
08th MS Team (OVA )
War In the Pocket (OVA)
Stardust Memory (OVA)
Zeta Gundam
Gundam ZZ
Char's Counter Attack
Gundam Unicorn

however its better to watch the OVA's later since its basically like side stories that add up to the experience after finishing the main plot

Gundam Victory and G Reco are part of the same UC timeline too but take place long after
... I think I lack the amount of brain cells to process this. I'll take this as being one of those anime series that are better understood watched and experienced.

Shroob

Sup?
Gundam 0079
08th MS Team (OVA )
War In the Pocket (OVA)
Stardust Memory (OVA)
Zeta Gundam
Gundam ZZ
Char's Counter Attack
Gundam Unicorn

Gundam Victory, F91, and G Reco are part of the same UC timeline too but take place long after
For me, it'd be like watching the old star wars and then the newer ones back to back.

The jump in technology would be pretty jarring.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
... I think I lack the amount of brain cells to process this. I'll take this as being one of those anime series that are better understood watched and experienced.
watching the original UC Gundam series is like

Watching star wars for the first time in that suddenly all those memes and tropes you saw in other cartoons now make sense except now its japanese media

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I just don't get why they don't use more than god damn Mario characters when they feel like getting creative.
Because Miyamoto is overprotective of the Mario property. He doesn't want the Mario RPGs to have original stories and is against original characters being in spinoffs. For crying out loud, Diddy Kong STILL isn't in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe even though they were fine with adding in generic mooks and baby/metal reskins. He just doesn't want the Mario series to evolve like it should. Odyssey felt so refreshing to play through with the new characters and ideas it introduced, and I don't think Miyamoto had too much involvement with that game.

NineS

Smash Lord
watching the original UC Gundam series is like

Watching star wars for the first time in that suddenly all those memes and tropes you saw in other cartoons now make sense except now its japanese media
If that's the case, it can't hurt trying to get into it. I should add that to my list of anime I need to watch.
And I'll add that list of anime I need to watch to the list of things I need to stop procrastinating on.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Because Miyamoto is overprotective of the Mario property. He doesn't want the Mario RPGs to have original stories and is against original characters being in spinoffs. For crying out loud, Diddy Kong STILL isn't in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe even though they were fine with adding in generic mooks and baby/metal reskins. He just doesn't want the Mario series to evolve like it should. Odyssey felt so refreshing to play through with the new characters and ideas it introduced, and I don't think Miyamoto had too much involvement with that game.
I still find it weird Diddy was left out in MK8D, and yet he has a costume in Odyssey. If they still plan to update that game, I hope they add him and maybe some extra
Funky
Kongs.

NineS

Smash Lord
My best guess: He doesn't want a repeat of what happened with CD-I, the movie, and the cartoons. When it comes to Mario, I would assume he follows the "If it's not broken, don't fix it ideology. I don't know how much involvement he had in Odyssey, but he's the one who came up with it. . . By watching his hamster.

Still, I wouldn't say Miyamoto is that strict or overprotective. He's definitely been extremely strict with him in the past, but he's clearly softening up and loosening his grip again. The first major sign of that was Mario + Rabbids. Although, Ubisoft and Nintendo definitely seem to have it close, this is still a large step in the right direction.
Miyamoto clearly seems to be a lot more open to taking risks and making changes now, with having Peach technically playable in some form in Super Mario Bros U. Deluxe, and the Mario Movie we're receiving next year.

He's testing the waters again after last time, and I hope he finds them good enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom