• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Does anyone here know of any really good Smash fan-games, if there are any?

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
needs :ultsamus:/:ultzss: and :ultridley:...also:ultmegaman: and replace :ultchrom: with both :ultrobin:ultlucina:
You. I like you.
Let's bring this back!

Pipedream:
KOS-MOS
Banjo & Kazooie (I mean...you know)
Captain Rainbow
Commander Shepard
I wouldn’t call KOS-MOS a pipedream, remember Namco is co-developing Ultimate and they love putting her in crossovers, not to mention Xeno’s newfound popularity.

Frankly I’m still betting on a new Namco rep before release, hoping to god it’s KOS-MOS but could also see Lloyd making the cut as I think he’s cool. It’s really weird (to me anyway) that the co-developer only has one rep still.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, if Ultimate were to receive seven updates that each added four new characters and three new stages, which characters and stages would you add?
Bethesda Collab event:

Characters:
-Todd Howard
-Skyrim(e)
-Vault Boy
-Lemillion(e)

Stages:
-The Carriage
-Inside Todd Howard
-Skyrim(Stage)

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, even though I'm STILL not sold on Vergeben being 100% legit, he actually HELPED me this speculation cycle.

Pre-Verg:

"Yeah, Decidueye."

Later:

"Incineroar? Meh, that Pokemon's dumb and ugly."

Now:

"I have only loved Incineroar for a month, but if anything were to happen to him, I'd kill everyone in this room, and then myself."

D

Deleted member

Honestly, even though I'm STILL not sold on Vergeben being 100% legit, he actually HELPED me this speculation cycle.

Pre-Verg:

"Yeah, Decidueye."

Later:

Now:

"I have only loved Incineroar for a month, but if anything were to happen to him, I'd kill everyone in this room, and then myself."
The real problem is that people forget that Verge said "at least as far as I know, Ken and Incineroar are in" but oopsie, people did a ****y-wucky. :dazwa:

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Flash 2, easily.

It's the only game where you'll find Bomberman playable. :4pacman:
Thanks! I'll see if I can find some footage of it. Whose in the character roster might I ask? I hate to sound like one of those "I'm not playing because this game doesn't have my favorite character!" type of person, but I'd just like to know.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I like Smash Bros. Crusade.

It has Weegee or it will until they get rid of him due to jerks hating about him being in...

oh it also has Gooey and Toad, but sadly it doesn't have Skull Kid. how come the Project M team are the only ones who were gonna add Skull Kid =(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thanks! I'll see if I can find some footage of it. Whose in the character roster might I ask? I hate to sound like one of those "I'm not playing because this game doesn't have my favorite character!" type of person, but I'd just like to know.
Sure, here's a full list.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ness
Captain Falcon
Kirby
Bandana Dee
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pit
Isaac
Chibi-Robo
Sonic
Tails
Mega Man
PAC-MAN
Bomberman
Black Mage
Sora
Lloyd
Goku
Luffy
Naruto
Ichigo
Waluigi
Pichu
Krystal
Sandbag
Rayman
Simon Belmont

D

Deleted member

So, apperantly Super Smash Flash 2 has Goku, Naruto, Luffy, and Ichigo as playable characters...Did not expect that lol.
Sure, here's a full list.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ness
Captain Falcon
Kirby
Bandana Dee
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pit
Isaac
Chibi-Robo
Sonic
Tails
Mega Man
PAC-MAN
Bomberman
Black Mage
Sora
Lloyd
Goku
Luffy
Naruto
Ichigo
Waluigi
Pichu
Krystal
Sandbag
Rayman
Simon Belmont
Thanks man. It's cool to see their take on characters like Isaac, Bomberman, Black Mage, and Sora.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just realized that I forgot to put Frogger on my list of pipedream characters earlier.

I have failed you, Frogger.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Pre-Verg:

"Yeah, Decidueye."

Later:

Now:

I didn't think he would even be considered, verg allowed me to actually discuss Incineroar here.
For that, I am thankful.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I watched Dragon Prince, it's really good though I'm not a fan of the animation. And Dragon Pilot is also on my To Watch list but I'm supposed to watch it with my girlfriend and we haven't gotten to doing that yet.
Yep, 2D CGI hybrid animation is a bit janky, but the story so far made up for it, and I'm sure they'll improve the animation.
I don't get the appeal of theorising on a "Smash reboot". Actually, I din't get the appeal of theorising anything related to cuts in general. Is it fun? No. Is it necessary? Does it add anything to speculation? Also no.
Not to mention that we haven't gotten Ultimate yet and people are wondering about reboots? I mean to each their own, but is Ultimate so unappealing now for some weird, mysterious reason that a hypothetical game with half the roster cut warrants more interest?

Also hypothetically, if a reboot that cuts half the roster happened, and we're expected to pay $60 for it, then Ultimate will become the new Melee, and many people including me, would probably only play that for the rest of their lives
Even if Ken and Incineroar are the last ones the roster is already good as it is especially when I got these two.

:ultkrool::ultridley:
Sadly as someone who's not compatible with big, slow, heavyweight characters getting :ultridley::ultkrool:, and Incineroar is like getting three oversized doorstop made of lead that I'll never use. But I'm glad that to everyone else, its like they're three oversized gold bars from Fort Knox (which ironically can be used as doorstops)

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
If we're still talking about it, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring of Assist characters as DLC fighters.

In all honesty, I think it could work. I mean, there's plenty of examples to go by when we look at other fighting games. Android 17 was just a helper to Android 18 in FighterZ up until just a few weeks ago when he debuted as his own fighter next to Cooler, not to mention Skullgirls' DLC voting campaign was full of characters that were already shown off to be assist characters to other existing fighters (Andy Anvil aids Peacock, Samson could have fought on his own), and Lab Zero was willing to take those risks. We can throw the "Assistants can't be fighters in the future" argument not into the pile of "My opinion is right, and if you disagree, you're not a true fan" fandom rules, and instead into the "Both sides have clear, credible arguments and only time will tell if they bear fruit" pile.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The real kicker would be if Ken and Incineroar are the last two but they're not on the box.
Maybe we're all wrong and Ken and Incineroar are actually just one character, and then the second character is the SE character.
Kencineroar.png

Look at those pixels.
Gorgeous.
It has these characters:

The anime characters are a holdover from the original Smash Flash IIRC.

The game also has Pichu, Rayman, and Simon Belmont in it as well.

EDIT: Oh, and Sheik as well.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sadly as someone who's not compatible with big, slow, heavyweight characters getting :ultridley::ultkrool:, and Incineroar is like getting three oversized doorstop made of lead that I'll never use. But I'm glad that to everyone else, its like they're three oversized gold bars from Fort Knox (which ironically can be used as doorstops)
Ah yes I forgotten everyone has different opinions so some might not be satisfied with what they got. By no means did I try to be offensive or anything.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

Pre-Verg:

"Yeah, Decidueye."

Later:

Now:

This going to make me out to be the hispter in the room but..

I was gun-ho for a gen 8th guy. Then we found out that new game in the immediate future is based on gen one with a splash of 7.

So I dialed things back and thought, "Okay whose big in Gen 7" and came up with two answers Mimikyu and Incenaroar.

(Caps is to emphasize the amount I heard a thing)

Came here to squawks of "OWLS IS NEAT!" Did more research, found out that Tiger is being pushed more than Owl.

Came back to"OWL IS IN THE ANIME" Did some research and found one clip of it being KOed by said Tiger.

Came back to (OWL HAS MERCHANDISE), Did some research and found that...This is Pokemon everyone has merchandise...

About a month of arguing and seeing what @GoldenYuiitusin was talking about.

E3 hit sometime before can't remember where I stood then however, Mimikyu was eliminated after the 8-8 Direct, at first I was a little heartbroken but the conclusion became clear.

Verge happened.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe we're all wrong and Ken and Incineroar are actually just one character, and then the second character is the SE character.
View attachment 169421
Look at those pixels.
Gorgeous.

It has these characters:

The anime characters are a holdover from the original Smash Flash IIRC.

The game also has Pichu, Rayman, and Simon Belmont in it as well.
Neat. I did not expect the anime characters lol.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So this was shared in the Skull Kid thread a couple days ago, I dunno if it was ever shared here or not (yeah I'm late I know):

https://twitter.com/Nanobuds/status/1049485828811096069?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1049485828811096069&ref_url=https://smashboards.com/threads/were-the-masked-marauders-skull-kid-for-smash-another-assist-trophy-promoted-another-to-go.447531/page-89

I wish Project M continued :(

They also had animations for Lyn, I think a few others, and even Tingle.
Lyn Knuckles and Sami iirc.

All were almost done when PM bit the dust too...

Why does the universe conspire against me?
Why YHVH?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Zelda Bosses?
Smash Leaks?
You want it?

Smashbosszelda.jpg

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Four characters, three stages? Assuming the remaining is Ken, Incineroar, Shadow, Steve, Sora

Master Chief
Joker
Waluigi
Doomguy

Blood Gulch
Sae's Palace
UAC Mars Facility

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC