• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbybae

Smash Cadet
So if each series got a boss in Spirits mode, who do you want to/think we'll see?

Here are a few of my predictions:
Mario: King Boo
Legend of Zelda: Ganon or Zant
Yoshi: Kamek
Metroid: Kraid
Kirby: Marx or 02
Fire Emblem: Black Knight
Star Fox: Andross
Kid Icarus: Hades
Mother: Porky or Giygas
Punch Out: King Hippo
Pikmin: Emperor Bulbax
Sonic: Eggman
Metal Gear: Rex or Ray
Mega Man: Dr. Wily
Street Fighter: M. Bison
bold and optimistic move not thinking that the Zelda Boss would be Skull Kid...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If you use the internet, the possibility of leaked information will literally always be there. If you don’t want leaks, then avoid the people who are effectively internet famous for leaking it.

That’s not even realistic. Meh.

I unironically want the roster to leak soon if they don’t stream the last Direct. Doing that will get rid of all the theories, all the bull****, and will give us the last bits of character information we need.

Granted, I don’t want it to leak for the dev teams sake. But I think it’s about time they do the final reveal to get it all over with.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think a lot of people are still held up on Verg using autism as an insult.

Was it a **** thing to say? Uh, yeah.

Should people cheer and spur on the people who give them ****? **** no.

EVERYONE has said something off-color before, don't even pretend you haven't.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What if rather then Skull Kid its Majora though? Better yet you first fight Skull Kid but after defeating him he's freed from Majora who you then face in his various forms.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The real kicker would be if Ken and Incineroar are the last two but they're not on the box.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Even if Ken and Incineroar are the last ones the roster is already good as it is especially when I got these two.

:ultkrool::ultridley:

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Skull Kid wouldn't fit as a boss.

Not only is he never fought in MM, he's fighter-sized, so you'd expect it to be a Metal Mario situation where it's a variant of a playable fighter :S

I've never seen Skull Kid as a boss brought up until LeakyPandy wandered in.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Not only is he never fought in MM, he's fighter-sized, so you'd expect it to be a Metal Mario situation where it's a variant of a playable fighter :S
And then it's actually a timed-fight ala escape from Brinstar in Melee adventure mode where you have to climb a chasm and get a hit on him like Deku Link did.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Honestly, he very well could be. I'm not a very big Zelda fan to begin with, so it wouldn't affect me in the slightest if he was just a boss. But I know he has a pretty big following now, and I guess he has a decent shot at being playable so I didn't add him.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
The guy's been getting literal death threats and the worst insults imaginable thrown at him. It's absolutely victim blaming to think he deserves it.
That's still using victim blaming really loosely though. However ****ty the internet is, Vergeben is not a victim of the world, he's a victim of his own doing.

I also need context of this. Was the original post saying he deserved death threats? Because I didn't read that in the original comment you responded to.
Also, are these death threats random guy online threatening to kill, or actual "we know your address, watch out" type of situation? Because one of those is called the internet, the other one I would totally agree with you no one deserves.

Again, this is not to excuse that people are being terrible. It's just to point out that the use of victim blaming in this context is grossly inadequate.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Here's my worthless two cents on Verg:

Is there a bad aspect to leaking? Sure, it's messing up the schedule the developers intended and they should be free to reveal whatever info they want when.

Will it or should it stop? No. People have a demand for it, and it's fairly easy to build up useful clout on it. Verg may go on to make a successful business online like Unseen64 off leaks.

Here's the best of both worlds: Use some next level Riddler **** to hide the meaning behind your leaks. Make an actual solution so you can cliam it afterwards but it's more fun to figure out the leaks that "Fire Fighting Pokemon is in, deal with it".

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Personally the closest we'd get to Skull Kid being a boss would be Majora itself especially going into many of its forms it goes into randomly.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord

Don't forget the situation that all new bosses for Ultimate seem to have. They've all been both Assist Trophies and Bosses. And the moon being an assist trophy...

If Legend of Zelda were to get a boss, I would imagine it to be in the same vein as Petey. As in, re-occurring and memorable, as well as fairly large. There's a few bosses that fit the bill, the most notable one for me being Gohma.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And then it's actually a timed-fight ala escape from Brinstar in Melee adventure mode where you have to climb a chasm and get a hit on him like Deku Link did.
Well, if that's what LeakyPandy meant if they're legit, they have the absolute worst sources of any leakers.

Which is why they're most-likely wrong, and I don't get why their "Skull Kid is a boss" leak spread, as if it makes sense.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Well, today's been a good birthday for me; more Joycons, an actual Mario Party, a birthday cake shake, it's all been a great day. Pity there's no direct after all, by the looks of it. That would have made for a good icing.

Ah, well, guess goes to show that we can't expect any leakers with evidence to be 100% truthful.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
I got a topic for ya'll.

Who are your pipedream characters? Meaning characters who are next to impossible.
Mine are Fossil Fighter, Master Chief, Badge Bunny, and Vaati.
Mine aren't really even pipeline characters. If I could just get these characters in Ultimate, I would be totally satisfied with this Smash installment henceforth and forever.

- Isaac
- Rex and Pyra/Mythra
- Malos (even as an echo)
- Shadow (even as an echo)
- Geno
- Banjo and Kazooie

D

Deleted member

Repeat after me, kids: if you want leaks to stop, then stop asking for them!
You're the person buying the stolen merch from the shady guy in a back alley, you can't condemn him when you're the reason he does what he does.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I got a topic for ya'll.

Who are your pipedream characters? Meaning characters who are next to impossible.
Terry Bogard, Kyo Kusanagi, Iori Yagami, and Mai Shiranui.

I love SNK...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Even if the boss is just Majora, I don't see why we couldn't beat Majora and unlock Skull Kid, since if Spirits is indeed a Melee-styled Adventure Mode, characters fight themselves anyway, and even if it's a story mode, going back and fighting Skull Kid or Majora with Skull Kid would have no effect on the story.

D

Deleted member

My point is that it sounds more like you're justifying peoples' reactions, which I doubt was your intention. My point is that nobody should live in, well, not fear, but anticipation of people acting like a bunch of manchildren because he leaked something they didn't like, while making up reasons for why he isn't credible. It's on GameFaqs to act more like functional adults than it is on Vergeben to change his actions to suit their whims, basically.
Sorry for late response, fire alarm went off. I'm not trying to justify reactions at all, but this is Smash we're talking about - unfortunately, that's become the norm, if Smash 4 shown us anything. My main point is to parallel both situations we have with Vergeben and the Captain Zack / Lima situations.

Captain Zack and Lima went into Grand Finals and turned it into a piss-take due to the usual Bayonetta ****show, flipped off the crowd and stalled. They could've played the game without going about the shenanigans, but they went on and did it KNOWINGLY and not handled this a better way. Real talk, ALL OF THIS could've been prevented if the community banned Bayonetta, just like how they did with Meta Knight back in Brawl, and we wouldn't have any of this. Now? We have "blame Sakurai", "blame TOs", blame my left shoe. I legit fear for Smash Ultimate's competitive future with these same people jumping from Smash 4 to Ultimate.

Now, we've had Sakurai state multiple times that he vehemently hates people who leak his projects, and just in general, people hate leaks. They'll find out some way from either posts passing their filters or favorite content creators. (a good example: Alpharad, when Castlevania got leaked, didn't care about people's wishes to not leak stuff and teased people about it all willy-nilly) So when that article with Sakurai coming out directly after the E3 reveal about leakers and knowing how badly people will react to leaks after the ESRB and Ryu leaks, Verge going into leaking info should've at the very least known and looked at these situations to see if this - including actions going forward - should be something to do. Look at Loz18 - he leaked stuff, but now is outed by people. That's what I mean when "Vergeben should've expected this".

I'm not trying to justify reactions, but just how to go about actions. Maybe don't go to certain sites, or rather, try to take the high road. There are plenty of ways people can go about things with the people and the person doing whatever they're doing. If anything, I'm definitely not advocating sending hate over a ****ing video game.

tl;dr: Smash community is fickle. :nifty:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So, if Ultimate were to receive seven updates that each added four new characters and three new stages, which characters and stages would you add?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You're the person buying the stolen merch from the shady guy in a back alley, you can't condemn him when you're the reason he does what he does.
I think the problem is a very vocal part of the community wants them while the other doesn't.

It's more like don't complain about stolen merch if you're riding with the guy who buys it.

Shroob

Sup?
"Leaks" go hand in hand with Smash.

They've happened since Melee, and they're going to keep happening.

Crying about them happening is more or less pissing in the wind at this point. You may as well accept it as it's going to happen.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I got a topic for ya'll.

Let's bring this back!

Pipedream:
KOS-MOS
Banjo & Kazooie (I mean...you know)
Captain Rainbow
Commander Shepard

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, if Ultimate were to receive seven updates that added four new characters and three new stages, which characters and stages would you add?
If they're not in base:

Characters:

-Skull Kid
-Geno
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Gengar

Stages:

-Clock Town
-Spiral Mountain
-Forest Maze or Star Road (I still need to play SMRPG...)

Bonus: Pokemon Tower, New World (Minecraft), Steve

D

Deleted member

I think the problem is a very vocal part of the community wants them while the other doesn't.

It's more like don't complain about stolen merch if you're riding with the guy who buys it.
Basically everyone here moved onto the Leaks group when it was created and almost everyone always discuss the fake leaks posted. Unless it's a very snall minority I'm not noticing, I'm pretty sure all who are here are looking for leaks.
But sone don't like Verg because he didn't say what they wanted hear.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I don't buy stolen merch from back alleys, but those things still exist. It's the same thing with leakers.

Not seeing the problem doesn't mean it will stop existing.

D

Deleted member

Banjo-Kazooie
Black Shadow
Elma
Medusa

Bowser's Castle
Gangplank Galleon
Spiral Mountain
Boshi
Elma
Mike Jones
Crash

New Los Angeles
CoraCola Island
Boulder Dash
If they're not in base:

Characters:

-Skull Kid
-Geno
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Gengar

Stages:

-Clock Town
-Spiral Mountain
-Forest Maze or Star Road (I still need to play SMRPG...)

Bonus: Pokemon Tower, New World (Minecraft), Steve
I should've clarifired, I meant what seven updates as in all seven updates added four characters and three stages each, asn in Update #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,#7. My bad lol.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
So, if Ultimate were to receive seven updates that added four new characters and three new stages, which characters and stages would you add?
Characters:
- Vergeben (with Loz18 echo)
- Reggie
- Mario2
- Super Mario RPG (as in the game cartridge)

Stages:
- The Box (from the Box Theory)
- The Chairs
- Gamespot (Vergeben's stage)

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So, if Ultimate were to receive seven updates that each added four new characters and three new stages, which characters and stages would you add?
Characters:
Banjo & Kazooie
KOS-MOS
Geno
Skull Kid

Stages:
Spiral Mountain
Bowser's Castle
Old Miltia

Zorfendor

Smash Cadet
Here's my worthless two cents on Verg:

Is there a bad aspect to leaking? Sure, it's messing up the schedule the developers intended and they should be free to reveal whatever info they want when.

Will it or should it stop? No. People have a demand for it, and it's fairly easy to build up useful clout on it. Verg may go on to make a successful business online like Unseen64 off leaks.

Here's the best of both worlds: Use some next level Riddler **** to hide the meaning behind your leaks. Make an actual solution so you can cliam it afterwards but it's more fun to figure out the leaks that "Fire Fighting Pokemon is in, deal with it".
Incineroar is Fire/Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom