• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't know if I'd associate her in the same way as Skull Kid does. At least, not KI's Medusa. Castlevanai's, yeah, but as a character, she doesn't come off as being some super scary person to me.

But I don't have enough experience with her among her actual games to say much. She was more creepy in Captain N, really, but not in the Halloween-like sense. Skull Kid definitely fits the bill, using a mask, cursing people(so effectively being a witch), and so on.
I suppose but I feel she could still fit the whole Halloween vibes considering how spooky looking she seems.

I can keep dreaming!!!!

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
*Puts on tinfoil hat*

Watch that next week the next character revealed is Nightmare/Yoshimitsu in response to Soulcalibur 6.
I've been saying Yoshimitsu is the literal perfect rep for both Soulcalibur and Tekken. He represents both, he has a much more unique moveset and design compared to many other characters in moth franchises.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You know, I know you're joking, buuuuuuut.

It can get really close.
M(eloetta)an, I don't know what you're G(ardevoir)oing on about. G(othitelle)o and find something better to do with your L(opunny)ife, SMH.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I like Gardevoir because it has good stats and is really reliable in battle.
But we all know why Gardevoir is so popular...
If we ever get a Pokemon Warriors Spin-Off, one of them should be named GardevoirIsMyWaifu. :troll:

By "interesting", do you mean "good Lord why does that 10-year-old have C-cups"?
Isn't that really the anime's fault? The person who designed the characters was known for less savory art in the past. It's actually an issue with the female companions, as they were designed to be based around fanservice. :/

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
This is it, if we don't get a character reveal this week then this is all we're gonna end up with for the base game.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
This is it, if we don't get a character reveal this week then this is all we're gonna end up with for the base game.
hold it.jpg

Not so fast. We still don't know about many modes yet, including Spirits mode.
Not to mention, more items and Pokemon we don't know about yet.
Of course there will be more characters...
we just have to be patient

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't know if I'd associate her in the same way as Skull Kid does. At least, not KI's Medusa. Castlevanai's, yeah, but as a character, she doesn't come off as being some super scary person to me.

But I don't have enough experience with her among her actual games to say much. She was more creepy in Captain N, really, but not in the Halloween-like sense. Skull Kid definitely fits the bill, using a mask, cursing people(so effectively being a witch), and so on.
As far as characters who fit the Halloween theme go, I think Skull Kid is a bit of a stretch. He's definitely creepy, but I wouldn't say he fits that stereotypical "ghosts, vampires, and werewolves" Halloween.

Simon and the Castlevania series is absolutely everything a Halloween character could dream of being. If Nintendo wanted a special character to fit the Halloween bill, Simon would've been their guy, hands down.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I like Gardevoir because it has good stats and is really reliable in battle.
But we all know why Gardevoir is so popular...
I'm a bit on the Gallade bandwagon honestly. I like blades, and this design.

Anyway, you're aware of male Gardevoir, right? Just wanted to know...

D

Deleted member

View attachment 169176
Not so fast we still don't know about spirits modes yet
not to mention, more items and pokemon we don't know about yet.
Of course there will be more...
we just have to be patient
Exactly.

Honestly, even if box theory is right in the end, there are still dozens of modes and what is likely to be a single player still left to talk about. There's still plenty to be hyped about, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
That's either a plus or a minus, depending on your preferences.
I legitimately have 2 that I use (at different times, of course), just because. Gen III is fun to experience (Gallade's really Gen IV, but the remakes).

Obviously I know Gardevoir can be male, but I prefer catching female ones so I can name them Vivian.
Oh, I asked because I remember the...interesting...fan art that I used to find. I don't want to speak about it.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ok, id like to say what i think about windows and microsoft right now but this is a family site. To elaborate my computer crashed and i had to system restore. More to the point did i miss anything? while i reinstall all my drivers and programs and whatnot.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Obviously I know Gardevoir can be male, but I prefer catching female ones so I can name them Vivian.
Fresh Prince?

Ok, id like to say what i think about windows and microsoft right now but this is a family site. To elaborate my computer crashed and i had to system restore. More to the point did i miss anything? while i reinstall all my drivers and programs and whatnot.
Blaziken was confirmed as a fighter by Nintendo's twitter on accident, and Hurricane Michael has been downgraded to a Cat 1.

Iridium

Smash Hero
If you missed the Zero blog post, there's that. And some tension among us I won't explain.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's pass 10 over in Japan. Pretty sure at this point there is nothing this week. Here's to hope for next week, late October or early November.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Lord. Seeing some of you people acting like that just a little bit ago reminded me just why I've left this place. Why I've grown to hate this fandom. Why I've come to preferring the toxicity of other fandoms with seemingly no end in sight to dealing with this fandom's toxicity for more than five minutes.

Granted, that's to be expected from a fandom about a crossover as big as this. Numerous people from numerous other fandoms with numerous ideologies are bound to result in some sort of dynamic, yet toxic clash. But what I've just seen? That wasn't just bad. That was about one of the most toxic things I've ever witnessed. It almost made me wonder if I was on a website about some video game, or if I was in the darkest pit of hell.

Numerous people from both ends were acting head*** and hypocritical as hell. I'm not going to point out names, mostly because it'd probably take all day. But those people really need to learn to get off their high horse and quit acting like brats over something like this. Quit pretending their side is the only right side and defend it to the grave. And I understand hypocrisy is a nigh (if not then definitely) unavoidable flaw of human nature, but with a lot of the stuff that goes around here, I can only say that I'm disturbing astonished. You people say "don't do x or y!!!" but then you do x and y anyways, and usually to a bigger extreme than when you complain about it. Nevermind the fact you never admit that you were wrong or hypocritical.

Anyways, for those who weren't being toxic, sorry you had to see that drama. For those who were, well, you might not even recognize who you are, and I'd be shocked if you did, but you need to stop being so damn toxic. Even when I was at my most toxic, I'd probably be acting better than what you were.

Anyways, I'm going away again. Likely for good, at least until some people start shaping up.

:094:

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
I gonna be real with you Guys i dont want Gardevoir one We already have a psychic type pokemon in smash 2 maybe it just me but she doesn't desreves it Gardevoir in smash Is like put bowserette In smash in my eyes

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Lord. Seeing some of you people acting like that just a little bit ago reminded me just why I've left this place. Why I've grown to hate this fandom. Why I've come to preferring the toxicity of other fandoms with seemingly no end in sight to dealing with this fandom's toxicity for more than five minutes.

Granted, that's to be expected from a fandom about a crossover as big as this. Numerous people from numerous other fandoms with numerous ideologies are bound to result in some sort of dynamic, yet toxic clash. But what I've just seen? That wasn't just bad. That was about one of the most toxic things I've ever witnessed. It almost made me wonder if I was on a website about some video game, or if I was in the darkest pit of hell.

Numerous people from both ends were acting head*** and hypocritical as hell. I'm not going to point out names, mostly because it'd probably take all day. But those people really need to learn to get off their high horse and quit acting like brats over something like this. Quit pretending their side is the only right side and defend it to the grave. And I understand hypocrisy is a nigh (if not then definitely) unavoidable flaw of human nature, but with a lot of the stuff that goes around here, I can only say that I'm disturbing astonished. You people say "don't do x or y!!!" but then you do x and y anyways, and usually to a bigger extreme than when you complain about it. Nevermind the fact you never admit that you were wrong or hypocritical.

Anyways, for those who weren't being toxic, sorry you had to see that drama. For those who were, well, you might not even recognize who you are, and I'd be shocked if you did, but you need to stop being so damn toxic. Even when I was at my most toxic, I'd probably be acting better than what you were.

Anyways, I'm going away again. Likely for good, at least until some people start shaping up.

:094:
aight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom