• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, I made a list of who I think the most possible/likely newcomers are for Ultimate:
  • Incineroar
  • Elma
  • Isaac
  • Mach Rider
  • Steve
  • Geno
  • A Dragon Quest Protagonist
Feel free to give me your input. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So, I made a list of who I think the most possible/likely newcomers are for Ultimate:
  • Incineroar
  • Elma
  • Isaac
  • Mach Rider
  • Steve
  • Geno
Aside from Mach Rider, those almost my exact predictions,

Danpal65

Smash Lord
  • Incineroar
  • Elma
  • Isaac
  • Mach Rider
  • Steve
  • Geno
Like the list although I’m unsure about Mach Rider and Sora, believe it or not, would be much easier to get than a DQ character.

D

Deleted member

Aside from Mach Rider, those almost my exact predictions,
Yeah, I added Mach Rider because I feel like he would probably be the new retro rep, if it ever happens.
Like the list although I’m unsure about Mach Rider and Sora, believe it or not, would be much easier to get than a DQ character.
Er...I didn't add Sora lol.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Yeah, I added Mach Rider because I feel like he would probably be the new retro rep, if it ever happens.

Er...I didn't add Sora lol.
I know, I was giving input and saying Sora would be a better choice than a DQ character due to him being easier to get :p

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Oh. Really? I'd think he would be entirely the opposite.
Dragon Quest has something like 5 different stakeholders I believe? One of whom owns the rights to any music is infamous for not working with people outside of the Dragon Quest team.

On the other hand Sakurai became friends with Nomura through working on Cloud so he’s already got an “in” for Sora.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dragon Quest has something like 5 different stakeholders I believe? One of whom owns the rights to any music is infamous for not working with people outside of the Dragon Quest team.

On the other hand Sakurai became friends with Nomurs through a Cloud so he’s already got an “in” for Sora.
Well, I'd take either one really. I think both options are more likely than Geno, though I could be proven wrong.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
  • Incineroar
  • Elma
  • Isaac
  • Mach Rider
  • Steve
  • Geno
You missed

Goemon

Also, looking back at the previous speculation cycles, characters I see that do not seem to be requested anymore were

Dr. Lobe
Claus from Mother 3
Andy
Ray 01 (which I think is impossible now given the copyright has expired)
Vaati

And many that are already confirmed to be assist trophies. It is fun to see what was being speculated back then.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Pretty sure Geno ranked higher than Sora
Pretty sure I did use an "/s" meanie to explain how his reasoning was faulty :c

Well, I'd take either one really. I think both options are more likely than Geno, though I could be proven wrong.
Be careful. You're going to get assaulted soon with interview and Mii costume for having and opinion.

tbh Licencing or not I believe a DQ Character like Erdrick or Eight is more likely than both Geno and Sora

D

Deleted member

Be careful. You're going to get assaulted soon with interview and Mii costume for having and opinion.

tbh Licencing or not I believe a DQ Character like Erdrick or Eight is more likely than both Geno and Sora
Huh? What do you mean? If people are going to respond, they're more than welcome to. I just saying I think either Sora or a Dragon Quest character is more likely than Geno that's all.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I don’t know how many times I’ll have to say this… Bill’s Tweet does not mean anything! It was in response to someone making a Majora’s Mask joke!

If people won’t listen to me here’s PushDustIn stating it. Goodness.
I-I didn't see that Push's tweet! I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

It does seem like a harmless speculation, but I remember him singing a Pokemon theme song a week before Mewtwo was announced for DLC in Smash 4. But...him to drop the line just makes it suspicious. I'm not saying Skull Kid will be in the game, but it seems like a hint at SOMETHING

I mean...Luigi running around the castle was a tease at Luigi Mansion 3. But I won't bother about Bill's tweet again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Add Shadow to that list.
Oh no doubt. I was talking about orginial newcomers, not echo fighters. I think him and Ken are going to be the last ones we get. I want believe that Impa will be in as one, be when has Smash ever paid attention to Zelda, right?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So besides all this Skull Kid I. Smash stuff (It’s just a joke from Bill Trinnen, I don’t even need Dustin to tell me that :p) what’s new?

KMDP

Smash Legend
  • Incineroar
  • Elma
  • Isaac
  • Mach Rider
  • Steve
  • Geno
Seems about right.

I'd add Shadow and a Bandai Namco character (i.e. Agumon or Nightmare) to that list; and personally, I'd take off Mach Rider, but that's just me.

Danpal65

Smash Lord

It does seem like a harmless speculation, but I remember him singing a Pokemon theme song a week before Mewtwo was announced for DLC in Smash 4. But...him to drop the line just makes it suspicious. I'm not saying Skull Kid will be in the game, but it seems like a hint at SOMETHING

I mean...Luigi running around the castle was a tease at Luigi Mansion 3. But I won't bother about Bill's tweet again.
No need to apologise. It’s just that people have made reference to Bill’s Tweet a lot this weekend and I’ve mentioned what I said there multiple times.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh no doubt. I was talking about orginial newcomers, not echo fighters. I think him and Ken are going to be the last ones we get. I want believe that Impa will be in as one, be when has Smash ever paid attention to Zelda, right?
In Melee, where the number of Zelda characters quintuplicated.

EDIT: Also, every game, if you look beyond CSS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seems about right.

I'd add Shadow and a Bandai Namco character (i.e. Agumon or Nightmare) to that list; and personally, I'd take off Mach Rider, but that's just me.
I hope I this dosen't make me look stupid, but I'm not sure if a Digimon is possible, seeing as how their gaming track record isn't as strong as their anime one.
In Melee, where the number of Zelda characters quintuplicated.

EDIT: Also, every game, if you look beyond CSS.
Correct, and then remained stuck with the same 5 type of characters for nearly two decades. Zelda may have gotten new stages and trophies, but it is long overdue for a newcomer.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Again, I must point out the difference between looking for hints where there aren't any, and hints in factual game footage.

Yeah. A hint that a skull-shaped rock is gonna destroy the world. :p
Awkward joke. :facepalm:

I hope I this dosen't make me look stupid, but I'm not sure if a Digimon is possible, seeing as how their gaming track record isn't as strong as their anime one.

Correct, and then remained stuck with the same 5 type of characters for nearly two decades. Zelda may have gotten new stages and trophies, but it is long overdue for a newcomer.
If Agumon does get in, I can imagine the anime aspect of Digimon being so ingrained in the Western fandom that they'll freak out and assume it's the first ever anime character inclusion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom