• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcad5

Smash Cadet
"Friends don't let friends ignore the fact that we're literally 2 months away from Ultimate and all our speculation will be over on launch day."
...until DLC inevitably happens. Then we can all put our tin foil hats back on and claim those chairs really mean something again.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So is Minecraft Steve kinda confirmed?

About as confirmed as Chunky Kong was an assist trophy was during pre-Smash 4. Though Steve surprisingly has more going for him then our loveable hat-wearing, “one hell of a guy” cryptid. Who would have thunk it.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Er, you didn't notice that the character select screen was a mock up from the 8.8 Direct? And not near the one that we've seen in the E3 demo and multiple gameplay set ups? Or the missing character names on the select screen? I threw it out the moment I saw it because of all that. Let alone the minute details you just pointed out.
This.

In ESRB leak, there was a lot of alingment errors and such, and peoples kept trying to point it out, yet it came all true anyways.

D

Deleted member

About as confirmed as Chunky Kong was an assist trophy was during pre-Smash 4. Though Steve surprisingly has more going for him then our loveable hat-wearing, “one hell of a guy” cryptid. Who would have thunk it.
Excuse me, but you can't just talk about the dead like that.

Screenshot (1073).png

Iridium

Smash Hero
Well, I've been searching for new footage (doesn't matter where) for weeks, and now I can say I'm near-completely bored. Still have nothing to do.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
...Does anyone have an feeling? I get that we need to wait, but I feel like something just doesn't feel right to me here.
After the Japanese Playlist got updated, the fake leaks started to be bigger. On top of that, Bill Trinen seemed to have tweeted about a special announcement coming after 72 hours from 4 October. Today is 7th October...

I have a feeling we're going to get a announcement today....

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
This.

In ESRB leak, there was a lot of alingment errors and such, and peoples kept trying to point it out, yet it came all true anyways.
The ESRB leak only had one 'alignment' issue, being the thicker line on Kirby's Player4 image, and that was confirmed to just be something 'that happens'.

In this 'leak', a lot of the CSS icons are flat out crooked or aren't lined up properly.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I guess I found something to do. Watching these...

Mesmerizing.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ignoring the leak's renders and whether or not they could be real, I don't believe this leak just because almost all of the characters are exactly who the fanbase expect at this point. According to this, we're getting all of Verge's predictions (Incineroar, Ken, possibly Geno, and possibly Steve) along with Shadow, Karate Joe, and Skull Kid.

Honestly, this just feels like another fake leak inspired by who the Smash community currently deems as likely. Stranger things have happened I suppose, but I'm almost willing to bet that only one out of Steve, Geno, and Skull Kid are getting in Smash at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wasn't here for this because I was surprisingly able to sleep like a normal human being thank CHRIST, but for God's sake, can these leaks look at the ****ing official gameplay footage to see what the CSS ACTUALLY looks like?

1538893295990.jpg

Even with 70+ characters, we'll still have names below their square. In fact, how about these "leakers" go into 4-player mode? Or how about 8-player mode to really get things going? And why would we all of a sudden have thick white lines when we've practically seen EVERY build have this CSS?
Big oof.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Ignoring the leak's renders and whether or not they could be real, I don't believe this leak just because almost all of the characters are exactly who the fanbase expect at this point. According to this, we're getting all of Verge's predictions (Incineroar, Ken, possibly Geno, and possibly Steve) along with Shadow, Karate Joe, and Skull Kid.

Honestly, this just feels like another fake leak inspired by who the Smash community deems as likely at this point. Stranger things have happened I suppose, but I'm almost willing to bet that only one out of Steve, Geno, and Skull Kid are getting in Smash at this point.
Actually, this leak is anti-Verg, since, as far as we know, there isn't Incineroar nor Ken.

Granted, it's a terrible leak anyway.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I wasn't here for this because I was surprisingly able to sleep like a normal human being thank CHRIST, but for God's sake, can these leaks look at the ****ing official gameplay footage to see what the CSS ACTUALLY looks like?

View attachment 168534

Even with 70+ characters, we'll still have names below their square. In fact, how about these "leakers" go into 4-player mode? Or how about 8-player mode to really get things going? And why would we all of a sudden have thick white lines when we've practically seen EVERY build have this CSS?
Big oof.
And given the shoddy models we've seen for some "leaks", I would like to see even more atrocious victory animations, just to see them fail (for obvious reasons).

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

View attachment 168534

Big oof.
What's hilarious to me is that the backgrounds on the icons are the reddish backgrounds used to display the characters in the Smash Direct, when explaining modes. So they took inspiration... from the wrong CSS layout. :joyful:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
...Does anyone have an feeling? I get that we need to wait, but I feel like something just doesn't feel right to me here.
After the Japanese Playlist got updated, the fake leaks started to be bigger. On top of that, Bill Trinen seemed to have tweeted about a special announcement coming after 72 hours from 4 October. Today is 7th October...

I have a feeling we're going to get a announcement today....
I don’t know how many times I’ll have to say this… Bill’s Tweet does not mean anything! It was in response to someone making a Majora’s Mask joke!

If people won’t listen to me here’s PushDustIn stating it. Goodness.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

I still love how spikes have that zoom-in effect when you get them offstage, and the combo was okay.

D

Deleted member

So many people are getting relied up at Bill Trenin’s tweet in the hopes of a Skull Kid reveal, when they don’t relize Bill’s just using his god-like trolling abilities :troll:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Am I hearing something about Steve? May someone please inform me?
Also, Hey, what do you know? Bill Trinen's Skull Kid post meant absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Man I just woke up from a dream that my copy was inexplicably ready early and I picked it up today with my GC controller. Smash Run was back and heavily improved and Shadow was finally confirmed as playable. There was also a ton more music than the Direct showed us and I was going nuts.

Only 60 days to go...sigh...

Also I’m a Steve doubter right now, the amount of uncertainty among the leakers has me disbelieving him as playable and thinking it’s just a stage, AT, and something extra.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
So, we have a new "leak" do we?

*sips tea*
---
While Phoenix Wright to me, I absolutely want playable. NiGHTS is a case where I will take playable or assist trophy, because God knows he's been away for far too long!
With NiGHTS, I feel like he's better as an Assist Trophy, mainly because of how he works in his home game. He'd make a pretty neat assist though, here's my idea:

When summoned, NiGHTS dualizes with his summoner (for those not aware of NiGHTS lore; essentially, the summoner would become NiGHTS), you then have access to NiGHTS' full capabilities (flight, Paralooping and the Drill Dash); NiGHTS is also able to wrap around the borders of the screen, making him invulnerable to KOs; but he can't stop flying. Just like in Nights into Dreams, you have NiGHTS' powers for the duration of a timer, which ticks down faster if you take damage (and, for balance purposes, if you cross a blast zone).

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Man I just woke up from a dream that my copy was inexplicably ready early and I picked it up today with my GC controller. Smash Run was back and heavily improved and Shadow was finally confirmed as playable. There was also a ton more music than the Direct showed us and I was going nuts.

Only 60 days to go...sigh...

Also I’m a Steve doubter right now, the amount of uncertainty among the leakers has me disbelieving him as playable and thinking it’s just a stage, AT, and something extra.
I also feel Minecraft is portrayed the best as a nice gimmick stage (don't mind Steve as playable though)

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
All the of Minecraft content talk makes me think Banjo and Kazooie will be in. After all Sakurai did look at the ballot results and he does like surprising people.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

View attachment 168534

Big oof.
I'm pretty sure the early 3DS demo had names too, but removed in the final game. It happens.

Not defending anything, but just stating a fun fact

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
All the of Minecraft content talk makes me think Banjo and Kazooie will be in. After all Sakurai did look at the ballot results and he does like surprising people.
If that logic was true then I guess we can say good bye to Geno /s

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
*AUX CALL PUSH SELECT*

Snake: Mei Ling, since when was Zelda a young girl? Last time we fought, she was clearly an adult.

Mei Ling: A simple answer, Snake. Just like Link, there’s more than one Princess Zelda. This one happens to be from a different timeline than the one you brawled with years ago.

Snake: Seriously, what is the deal with all of these different timelines and eras and everything in Hyrule? What do their history books even look like?

Mei Ling: They’re probably not as confusing as you think, since the people of Hyrule clearly don’t know of there being different timelines. I’m pretty sure that would make things far more confusing if they knew, and plenty of them would possibly freak out if they learned that.

Snake: One more thing: why does just about every Link look exactly the same as each other, while each Zelda looks different? Is there some sort of cloning program in Hyrule that we don’t know of? An explanation for that would be nice...

Mei Ling: Now that you do mention it, it is pretty odd. I don’t think I have an answer for that, but I don’t think I want to find out why every Link looks alike. There are some questions that are best left unanswered.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Keep in mind that there are dozens upon dozens of characters who Sakurai could add because of the ballot. Heck, there were about three or four characters who people considered "basically confirmed" once Sakurai admitted that he added K. Rool because of the ballot.

In other words, Banjo and Kazooie have plenty of competition for those last remaining spots. Keep your expectations in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom