• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's a good thing Let's Go is releasing so close to Smash Ultimate, or else the game drought would make be tempted to buy that game like the mindless Pokemon drone I am deep down.
Heh you sheeple are all sleeping on the REAL theory, i call it the "blinking theory" have you ever noticed sakurai blinks in every smash direct? From this i think we'll be getting a character that blinks, and don't get me started on the breathing theory.
That sounds an awful lot like you're plagiarizing my Eye Theory from the other day. I'll be seeing you in court.

Chrono.

Here’s maybe a fun little side quest:

We know we have nacho Libre Pikachu. And Wedding Mario. And two Ikes. Yarn Yoshi. Mecha-Ridley. But what do you think are potential alt costumes that we have yet to see?

What are your top 10 alt costumes that you think are likely to be included? Likely as easy to develop and implement without much time spent into it?
  1. Hooded Link
  2. Kingdom Hearts Cloud
  3. Dark Meta Knight
  4. A couple of other Mario Odyssey costumes (I'd like pilot Mario)
  5. Outset Island Toon Link
  6. SotN Richter
  7. Bride Peach/Daisy
  8. SFV Ken (let's face it he's in)
  9. Beard Ryu
  10. Riders Sonic

Iridium

Smash Hero
UNRELATED BUT A FRIEND I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CONVINCE FINALLY BOUGHT A SWITCH

I'M EXCITED NOW I GET TO PLAY SMASH WITH ANOTHER FRIEND

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
And I'm stuck with nobody around me, no matter what, again. Well, I guess there's always online, if it's good.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh god, if the 'reveal' really is just them dropping KEN and JUST KEN, I'm going to laugh. Really hard.

Like, I may die due to a lack of oxygen.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I we have the final direct soon... How the hell they will mantain the hype till December? Some demo maybe?
I would say the blog could start introducing actual new information that isn't already covered in Directs or other videos released, but I'm not quite that crazy.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

We know we have nacho Libre Pikachu. And Wedding Mario. And two Ikes. Yarn Yoshi. Mecha-Ridley. But what do you think are potential alt costumes that we have yet to see?

What are your top 10 alt costumes that you think are likely to be included? Likely as easy to develop and implement without much time spent into it?
10. Spikey Eared Pichu
9. Bearded SF V Ryu
8. Helmetless Mega Man
7. Justin Bailey Leotard Zero Suit Samus (Though good luck keeping the E10+ Rating with that)
6. Symphony of The Night Richter
5. Castlevania Chronicles Simon
4. Banana Hair Ken
3. Wedding Bowser
2. Wedding Peach
1. Ms PAC-MAN

Last edited:

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495

I don't have any opinions on how likely some alternate costumes are, but I do know what I'd like.

Some better Pac-Man alts!
I know some people really want Mrs. Pac-Man as an echo, which I also think would be cool, so out of respect for them I wouldn't want her as an alt costume, but what about Pac-Man Jr?

There's also a design of him which is just like regular Pac-Man but with the hat. I don't like it as much but I feel like it'd be what they went with if they did choose Pac-Man Jr. for an alt.

Also sakurai probably thinks pac-man looks weird with pants

Last edited:

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Oh god, if the 'reveal' really is just them dropping KEN and JUST KEN, I'm going to laugh. Really hard.

It'd be frustratingly hilarious if the one character they reveal is the one that's already all but confirmed

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But it'll actually be the reeeally ugly Ken model from Smash Wii U and Sakurai has just been japing us this whole time.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I can only think of 5 at the moment.

1. Ash Pokemon Trainer (I wish...)
2. Different colors of Sonic to match his friends, with their style shoes to boot
3. Ms. Pac-Man
4. Shirtless Link to go along with Shirtless Shulk
5. Wireframe versions of the Koopalings

(I'm only half-serious about some of these)

D

Deleted member

NGL, as much as I dislike the idea of Ken being more than an Echo, it would be pretty funny if it happened. Not to mention it would throw speculation into complete chaos, as almost every major theory banks on him being an Echo.

beans

Smash Lord

1-I just want Richter to have a costume for the best Belmont ever: jonathan Julius, the guy who actualy defeated Dracula
2-The Mewtwo from pokkén would be neat
3-Boxing Donkey Kong
4-Boxing King K Rool
5-The Bowser from inside story
6-Some sort of Midna costume for Zelda. I just really like Midna's color pallete
7-Mr.L for Luigi, even tough its from his Paper counterpart
8-If Ninten is not in, Ness should have a costume for him
9-Masked Man Lucas is a must
10- King Koopa from the cartoon would be the dumbest. I want it more than anyone should want something
Actually just look for the Project M costumes, the team was certainly doing cool stuff, especialy for the Awakening Roy that didnt get finished

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Now THAT deserves a yikes!
why

That would be pretty hilarious, hahaha.

NGL, as much as I dislike the idea of Ken being more than an Echo, it would be pretty funny if it happened. Not to mention it would throw speculation into complete chaos, as almost every major theory banks on him being an Echo.
Ken's the newcomer and Medusa is the echo... :bigthink:

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I swear to God, if Snake doesn't have his MGS1 Sneaking Suit, (kinda his most iconic one) Ima be pissed.

(Also Snake not using any sort of firearm or tranqs in general is super lame)
Also it's a real missed opportunity to not have the FE heroes have their 2nd classes as costumes.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't think the community would survive all this buildup just for a small Ken trailer.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't have any opinions on how likely some alternate costumes are, but I do know what I'd like.

Some better Pac-Man alts!
I know some people really want Mrs. Pac-Man as an echo, which I also think would be cool, so out of respect for them I wouldn't want her as an alt costume, but what about Pac-Man Jr?

There's also a design of him which is just like regular Pac-Man but with the hat. I don't like it as much but I feel like it'd be what they went with if they did choose Pac-Man Jr. for an alt.

Also sakurai probably thinks pac-man looks weird with pants
After Ms. Pac-Man, I think having Professor Pac-Man as an alt would be best (World design, not the arcade one).

Smashing sex innuendo, apparently.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That's the thing, I still expect him TO be an Echo.

It'd be this thing of Sakurai tweeting out "Hey, we're going to have a special reveal on X date, tune in to see!"

And then it's literally just an Echo Character trailer of "Ken Joins the Battle!"

Iridium

Smash Hero
He's going to slap a semi-clone status on Ken, and then we'll have Isabelle: part 2. Well, it's what I almost want to see.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I don't think the community would survive all this buildup just for a small Ken trailer.
The thing is there hasn't been any actual build up. Anyone disappointed by a reveal this week being Ken is purely because of their own expectations based on nothing.

D

Deleted member

If anything, I hope to god between now and release we get another Clueless Gamer to promote Smash Ultimate. Looking back at this, Jesus Christ, Conan can make some hella good comedy.

"Are you familiar with Skyloft from Zelda?"
"Yes."
"You're fired tomorrow."

Also damn... my man Conan got some good taste with Zero Suit Samus. :cool:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If Sakurai thinks Ken can't be an echo, he might as well have gotten his team to make Akuma or Chun-Li instead.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
I like to joke to myself about newcomers being echoes of totally unreasonable characters.
Shadow will be a Dr. Mario echo, obviously.

Iridium

Smash Hero
If anything, I hope to god between now and release we get another Clueless Gamer to promote Smash Ultimate. Looking back at this, Jesus Christ, Conan can make some hella good comedy.

"Are you familiar with Skyloft from Zelda?"
"Yes."
"You're fired tomorrow."

Also damn... my man Conan got some good taste with Zero Suit Samus. :cool:
I've seen "his" tweets on Twitter, and I'll say they get me too. At least a respectable comedian has given Smash the spotlight.

And that reminds me: what the heck is Nickelodeon doing with SSBU (assuming you all know what I mean)?

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
I swear to God, if Snake doesn't have his MGS1 Sneaking Suit, (kinda his most iconic one) Ima be pissed.

(Also Snake not using any sort of firearm or tranqs in general is super lame)
Also it's a real missed opportunity to not have the FE heroes have their 2nd classes as costumes.
Big Metal Gear fan here and I may be wrong... but... Snake uses the same suit in MGS2 as MGS1, only difference is he ditches the vest because he is no longer in the arctic. I would love a MGS1 costume variant with Snake though as well :)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's really strange, as things seem to have switched--I was way too optimistic going into the Nintendo Direct. Now I seem to be the pessimistic one, taking Sakurai's words to meaning we won't get a huge blowout a month after he said they were slowing down. Luckily, we'll most likely find out soon which is which.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

1: Hot Ryu from Street Fighter V
2: Gerudo Veil for Link
3: Tuxedo Bowser
4: Classic Marth (complete with no pants)
5: Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf
6: Outset Island Pyjamas for Toon Link
7: Final Confrontation Dark Samus.
8: Kingdom Hearts Cloud
9: Great Lord Chrom
10: Simon's Quest armour for Simon.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Does anyone else want to see the 8-player glitch come back at all? Clumping together 8 :ulticeclimbers: or :ultridley: at once would be pretty fun, to me.

Chrono.

I'm still going with my theory of Ken having a decent amount of differences while still going with the echo label due to the same proportions, weight, speed and the fact that even with Ken's unique moves his kit will still be like 80-90% Ryu due to him having the biggest moveset in the game.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If Sakurai thinks Ken can't be an echo, he might as well have gotten his team to make Akuma or Chun-Li instead.
Anyone who played SF after II knows that Ken is only fundamentally similar to Ryu and play nothing like him afterwards.
Heck I wouldn't be surprised if Ken is our echo with the most difference and get the name of "echo" mostly as an "honorary" title because of his Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom