• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Its just a prediction but I agree with the 3 days part.
I betting on just a normal direct, Luigis Mansion and TWEWY come out next friday and I can see they doing something to remind us of it
We literally just had a general Direct a month ago, individual trailers can do the job for the next few months. Nintendo’s holiday season has officially begun with Super Mario Party and revealing new stuff is just going to distract from what’s being sold right now.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If that's the case maybe then next week will just be a single or duo reveal.
A single reveal seems possible to me, and is the most I'm expecting out of next week if anything happens. It really depends on how much is left, TBH. If the ancient digital cardboard of yore is right, then the last unique kinda can't be revealed yet, as I highly doubt the final Direct will have a trailer for an Echo when they've all received only minor fanfare when shown off. It's not impossible, but it would definitely be a head scratcher.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
thanks guys :D

Also yeah that Geno leak is faaaake as ****. Smh people aren't even trying any more with their leaks. Just makes things boring and the wait harder. At least give us SOMETHING to debate fake leakers :p

Noipoi

Howdy!
I agree, I was so hyped watching the initial trailer, and then... every... ****ing... thing that came out afterwards de-hyped me. And they didn't even have to go that route. Just re-make Yellow with new graphics, and to make it more like Pokemon Go for casuals--during wild battles you can either choose to fight, as you would, or choose to take a chance and throw the Pokeball. It adds another dimension of risk/reward, while allowing Pokemon Go fans to play the game as they usually would. Instead of adding, they subtracted--a lot. It's not a remake of Yellow anymore. It's Pokemon Go, but $60, $110-170 if you want to catch them all. With nothing interesting added or expanded. :facepalm:

And this is the difference between Pokemon and Smash. Pokemon gives just enough value to convince people to buy overpriced content, whereas Smash over-delivers and gives as much value as possible. Just watching the August Direct and comparing it shows a huge difference in philosophy.
My thoughts exactly. If Smash Ultimate's big pull is EVERYONE IS HERE! Let's Go's tag-line should be NOTHING IS HERE!

Now they've basically confirmed that Gen 8 will be bigger and better than Let's Go in every way, and that it'll cater more towards people who've stuck with the series for a long time (like you and I), so as long they keep their word I won't be upset. But Let's Go feels like it could've been so much more to me...

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Introducing the Confirmation Theory: The theory that if we just wait for characters to be confirmed by reliable sources, we'll know if they're in or not.
It seems crazy. How could this possibly work?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Leaks are almost always fake and entirely fabricated unless one of my top five characters are listed as playable. Then it’s 100% true and I’m hyped as ****.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
The only true theory is Shirt Theory. Sakurai has worn a black shirt in both the E3 direct and the Smash direct. This means that all potential fighters with black on them will be joining the roster.
Yeah, my boy Markus from Detroit:Become Human is coming to represent the interactive narrative genre.
He came to make all robots join his cause for freedom and all his moves are GUN

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I we have the final direct soon... How the hell they will mantain the hype till December? Some demo maybe?

cothero

Smash Lord
I still don't understand why Nintendo and Sakurai would have the final direct be in November at the chance of the full roster getting leaked as Brawl and Sm4sh had. I mean didn't Sakurai say he wanted to get all characters revealed before launch? That's why this month would make the most sense to prevent a third time happening...

Also November is Pokemon Go! Pikachu and Eevee. That's their month, shouldn't let it be overshadowed by Smash.
You said it all, buddy. There's no reason to let that happen again, so i hope they launch a smash dedicated Direct soon.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
The Mario Theory: The theory that, if you believe hard enough, Mario will come to your house in real life and tell you who the newcomers will be.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I we have the final direct soon... How the hell they will mantain the hype till December? Some demo maybe?
Playable demo...
Additional content that’s not entirely important but still fun to see
Updates to the website in some fashion
DLC announcement
Get a celebrity to play the game or
Conan’s video game series

D

Deleted member

October is the right time to broadcast a final Smash Direct, NOT just because it's better this way to save Sakurai a headache in case of possible leaks, but when you look at the current Switch release schedule, there really isn't much going on for the Switch this month.

October is more of a month to prep for the Switch kicking back into gear with games like Pokemon LGPE, Warframe, Diablo III, Civilization VI coming in November - that month is gonna be BUSY, there's no way schedule-wise that we'd have a Direct of any kind during that time, especially when a huge amount of Nintendo's chips are in those games for that month.

The only releases this month so far are Mega Man 11, The World Ends With You: Final Remix, Super Mario Party (surprised it's making a splash, to be honest), Dark Souls: Remastered, and Starlink feat. Fox McCloud. Not much of a busy month, so what can we do to make this month more spicy? Last Smash Direct before release.

beans

Smash Lord
The Mario Theory: The theory that, if you believe hard enough, Mario will come to your house in real life and tell you who the newcomers will be.
Oh man cant wait till Uncle Mario shows up and says that Garfiels is in and his tagline is "I hate Mondays"

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
I hope so. Nintendo might as well have a smash demo out after the final smash direct because I’m pretty sure all the characters are already revealed.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I still don't understand why Nintendo and Sakurai would have the final direct be in November at the chance of the full roster getting leaked as Brawl and Sm4sh had. I mean didn't Sakurai say he wanted to get all characters revealed before launch? That's why this month would make the most sense to prevent a third time happening...

Also November is Pokemon Go! Pikachu and Eevee. That's their month, shouldn't let it be overshadowed by Smash.
Speaking such powerful words

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here’s maybe a fun little side quest:

We know we have nacho Libre Pikachu. And Wedding Mario. And two Ikes. Yarn Yoshi. Mecha-Ridley. But what do you think are potential alt costumes that we have yet to see?

What are your top 10 alt costumes that you think are likely to be included? Likely as easy to develop and implement without much time spent into it?

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Well, you dont count december, since its basically the first week of december. Which basically means only one month and a half, wihich would be november and half of october. In fact, as a personal opinion ofc, ill be way way more hyped knowing whats to come and just waiting for it to come rather than having ****ty leaks, ****ty expectations, etc.

Last edited:

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
For the last time the Majora's Mask tweet from Bill means nothing!
Well, the date coincides with that "private" event at Nintendo NY so... It might mean actually mean something, maybe not really smash or Majora's Mask related, but something anyway XD

D

Deleted member

Something to keep in mind is that the only people who really watch these Directs are people who are already Nintendo fans and are gonna get the game regardless. Having the Direct in October won't really affect marketing to casual fans when they are most likely going to use demos, TV spots, YT adds, and other things that the Direct won't have any bearing on. Directs really aren't the end all be all for Nintendo's marketing, especially when they're really only done for core fans.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
UNRELATED BUT A FRIEND I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CONVINCE FINALLY BOUGHT A SWITCH

I'M EXCITED NOW I GET TO PLAY SMASH WITH ANOTHER FRIEND

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This is huge if true
Did those "leakers" somehow just check his TV Tropes article like I did?

UNRELATED BUT A FRIEND I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CONVINCE FINALLY BOUGHT A SWITCH

I'M EXCITED NOW I GET TO PLAY SMASH WITH ANOTHER FRIEND

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Congrats! Unfortunately mine will be much harder to, seeing as he'd rather wait for Gen 8 news before committing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom