• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I realized that the protagonist of Fire Emblem Three Houses is this Guy:

4A711ECA-2802-49FD-978C-1CBAD3C51696.jpeg

1C39A9F5-4591-4A0A-AAEA-EE97B703311A.png

I’m worried, aside from Awakening (which has all three characters, albeit two of them echoes) Fire Emblem usually adds the main protagonist. And the protagonist is Byleth, who is the teacher of the other three charcaters (Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude).

Although I do like Byleth, he is another sword wielder, and I think adding him is going to lead to a lot of salt seeing how people don’t want any more FE characters with swords. Not to mention that Sakurai may not even want to include him because of that.

Although we still don’t know everything about the game, I feel that FE: Three Houses may not get a character because of that. Unless Sakurai decided to use the three characters next in line like the aforementioned Edelgard, Dimitiri, and Claude since they all include something unique, which is possible seeing how we did get Robin as a unique fighter because of that as well, so there is a chance we get one of them instead.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
For all we know, some intern with access to the Youtube account could have seen a typo.

Like, we've seen that they've done this twice in the past in regards to Directs, but until we have an official confirmation, we have 0 idea what could happen.

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't think it was just a coincidence that the playlist changed, seeing how the NEW banner was removed too.
I don't think that 100% means we're getting a direct this week though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

View attachment 168497
View attachment 168499
I’m worried, aside from Awakening (which has all three characters, albeit two of them echoes) Fire Emblem usually adds the main protagonist. And the protagonist is Byleth, who is the teacher of the other three charcaters (Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude).

Although I do like Byleth, he is another sword wielder, and I think adding him is going to lead to a lot of salt seeing how people don’t want any more FE characters with swords. Not to mention that Sakurai may not even want to include him because of that.

Although we still don’t know everything about the game, I feel that FE: Three Houses may not get a character because of that. Unless Sakurai decided to use the three characters next in line like the aforementioned Edelgard, Dimitiri, and Claude. Which is possible seeing how we did get Robin as a unique fighter.
There's honestly a good possibility of him, Sylux and a Gen 8 Pokemon being DLC as a means of promotion for the same reason Corrin was added maybe even Sora too for Kingdom Hearts III.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

View attachment 168497
View attachment 168499

Although we still don’t know everything about the game, I feel that FE: Three Houses may not get a character because of that. Unless Sakurai decided to use the three characters next in line like the aforementioned Edelgard, Dimitiri, and Claude since they all include something unique, which is possible seeing how we did get Robin as a unique fighter because of that as well.
So, what you're saying is that he could become the next :ultchrom:?

I'd be fine with that.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think it was just a coincidence that the playlist changed, seeing how the NEW banner was removed too.
I don't think that 100% means we're getting a direct this week though.
The New banner and the playlist updating happened on separate days.

The playlist was updated on October 1st, and the new banner was removed on like, Wednesday or Thursday iirc?

It probably means some form of reveal soon-ish, but the question is when.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Iridium

Smash Hero

View attachment 168497
View attachment 168499

Although we still don’t know everything about the game, I feel that FE: Three Houses may not get a character because of that. Unless Sakurai decided to use the three characters next in line like the aforementioned Edelgard, Dimitiri, and Claude since they all include something unique, which is possible seeing how we did get Robin as a unique fighter because of that as well, so there is a chance we get one of them instead.
Well, I for one love swords, so I wouldn't be mad at all. I do get why people would be salty, but for a franchise as huge as FE, it shouldn't be surprising to see new rep, if it happens. But maybe Sakurai actually would restrain, for now.

This reminds me, I still need to play an FE game sometime.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think it’s quite simple.

The game was revealed in June. We didn’t get news until the August Direct, roughly 2 months later. We’re roughly 2 months out from that Direct.

Two months from now, we’ll have the game in our hands.

Everybody keeps just mentioning that “they’ll just reveal a character”, when not only would this be close to a 2 month interval, but that having TWO Smash Directs leading up to the release of Let’s Go would make it worse, in regards to marketing Let’s Go that is.

Mid-October-Mid November has always been the time frame I assumed we’d get a Direct but I can totally see it get streamed this upcoming week.

There is so much more that would build hype than just characters. This discussion always seems to boil down to, “they wouldn’t end with Ken and Incineroar” or “they wouldn’t end it so early”. I think both are wrong.

Really, the ESRB leak made Sakurai reconsider how they reveal things. Shulk got revealed a few weeks before release of the 3DS game, but he leaked before that. That’s close to where we’re at right now, within 2 months of release.

If the goal is to avoid leaks, you do it within reasonable distance of release. You don’t do your last reveal a week beforehand, you need to actually market it and get the information spread out. Basically, I think it’s possible that we get a Direct this week or next, and it could absolutely be the last one.

With a bombshell announcement at the end of course.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

The game was revealed in June. We didn’t get news until the August Direct, roughly 2 months later. We’re roughly 2 months out from that Direct.

Smash Ultimate was revealed in March.
Unless you count that as a tease, with the proper reveal being at E3.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Y'know what would be a really cool thing to end on before launch...?

Sakura ends the Direct by saying these are all the characters and he hopes you enjoy the game before it fades to black. We're then greeted with a full CGI opening for Ultimate as the true ending.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Everybody keeps just mentioning that “they’ll just reveal a character”, when not only would this be close to a 2 month interval, but that having TWO Smash Directs leading up to the release of Let’s Go would make it worse, in regards to marketing Let’s Go that is.

Mid-October-Mid November has always been the time frame I assumed we’d get a Direct but I can totally see it get streamed this upcoming week.

There is so much more that would build hype than just characters. This discussion always seems to boil down to, “they wouldn’t end with Ken and Incineroar” or “they wouldn’t end it so early”. I think both are wrong.

Really, the ESRB leak made Sakurai reconsider how they reveal things. Shulk got revealed a few weeks before release of the 3DS game came out, but he leaked before that. That’s close to where we’re at right now, within 2 months of release.

If the goal is to avoid leaks, you do it within reasonable distance of release. You don’t do your last reveal a week beforehand, you need to actually market it and get the information spread out. Basically, I think it’s possible that we get a Direct this week or next, and it could absolutely be the last one.

I was wondering when our daily Scoliosis post was coming :4pacman:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
[QUOTE = "Michael the Spikester, post: 22518524, miembro: 404864"] Sin embargo, Sora también es muy demandada y la gente quiere a Master Chief especialmente con la relación actual de Nintendo y Microsoft a pesar de ser exclusiva de XBox. [/ QUOTE]Yh

that's not make ****ing sense

inb4 unpredictable Sakurai argument
Are you using the right translator?

Maybe its a glitch because I didn't write it that way...

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I honestly have no trouble with more Fire Emblem characters but for goodness sakes, Sakurai needs to spice things up when it comes to the weapons the characters wield. I feel like it’s long overdue for an axe or lance wielder. Heck, I’ll take a manakete like Tiki or Ninian.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Really, the ESRB leak made Sakurai reconsider how they reveal things. Shulk got revealed a few weeks before release of the 3DS game, but he leaked before that. That’s close to where we’re at right now, within 2 months of release.

I feel like around late October/early November would definitely be the right time for any reveals, and the announcement by the end of next week.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
There will be a Direct this month and it will be the last one. These things aren’t a dime a dozen, they’re planned and produced far in advance. LGPE is coming out next month and to distract from that would be poor marketing, they’ve had this **** planned all year. You all need to stop being close-minded and understand how business works.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
What if Metroid prime 4 releases with The new pokemon game in 2019 or animal crossing

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

That's what I had originally thought--until Sakurai's comments. Based on those, I can see much more smaller announcements, and *potentially* a final big one early November. But you don't need to show off your final content two months before release (whatever they do at this point will hurt the marketing for Let's Go, it was their choice to do them a month a part). That type of reasoning that led me to believe we had an October Direct is what led me to believe analyzing the blog would be helpful--but as we've seen, the average has changed from 3 characters a week, and is now going down. Slowing down, I don't believe, means having a big blowout a month after he made that statement.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
The last smash direct seems too soon to be now byt makes sense November could be to late but if the the final smash direct is this month that mean the salt will come faster which im down fir

Iridium

Smash Hero
Ah, when it had no name.

Remember when people thought it was a port?

And now the next issue is the amount of clickbait "leak" videos everywhere online on Ultimate. I swear, every day, someone does it.

Either that or re-uploads of the same old game footage too.

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
What if Metroid prime 4 releases with The new pokemon game in 2019 or animal crossing
I can't believe Metroid just got ****ing canceled...

It just a Smash 4 port with Inklings.
We're not getting Ridley, we're not getting K Rool. The only other new characters will be Rex, Springman, and Decidueye.

How foolish we were...
My favorite was Inkling, Ridley, and Daisy are our final newcomers! before the August direct.

end our misery Sakurai

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There will be a Direct this month and it will be the last one. These things aren’t a dime a dozen, they’re planned and produced far in advance. LGPE is coming out next month and to distract from that would be poor marketing, they’ve had this **** planned all year. You all need to stop being close-minded and understand how business works.
Especially with Pokemon Go! next month. Get Smash out of the way so November can focus on Pokemon. I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom