• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Which of these links would you want in smash
They keep their flat pixelsted design and has a unique moveset representing their games
My personal pick us link to the past link, mainly because its a great game and i grew up with it, i also think he would have a great moveset.
Link to the Past.

Because pink hair is money.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Did 64 even had a speculation period? I didn't get to use the net much back then, so I'm curious about that.
Can't speak for adults who had internet access back then, but at 8-years-old my speculation cycle was seeing Nintendo characters on it and going "ME WANT ME WANT ME WANT." That was the original Everyone is Here (and it had extra WTF characters teased in the opening briefly).

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Which of these links would you want in smash
They keep their flat pixelsted design and has a unique moveset representing their games
My personal pick us link to the past link, mainly because its a great game and i grew up with it, i also think he would have a great moveset.
Definitely A Link to the Past with pink hair, would make for pretty cool alt color.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Did I really just read "that's the problem with the Smash community" and then it followed by some nonsense about leak speculation like any of that is even important? Most of what the real Smash community does happens after the game comes out and we already know what's in the game. Everyone is clear on that, right? The point of the community is helping people play the game. It involves tournament organization. It involves sharing gameplay knowledge and tech. It involves showing off media with the play of strong players for both entertaining and learning purposes. This stuff happening here is just us waiting as patiently as we can (read: impatiently) for Smash Ultimate to come out so we can start doing our thing for real. It doesn't reflect on the Smash community at all really how this goes because it's totally irrelevant to what we do, and honestly to the trivial extent it maybe matters, the best way to be here is to just be super dismissive toward anything that speculates more than the minimum that could plausibly be in the game will be in the game because nonsense like people being "disappointed" in the roster is annoying and obstructive once the game is out so minimizing expectations helps minimize that nuisance when important stuff is happening later.

D

Deleted member

The best prerelease for any Smash was Brawl's IMO. The Smash Dojo was a magical time that we'll never have again, sadly...

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I filled out your survey, but I gotta be honest — I'm not sure that this specific forum was the best place to put it.

(Also, I hope by "platform", you meant "websites", otherwise my answer for that question will look silly. Also, I technically don't use Know Your Meme anymore. I was banned from it this July. :()

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
aight, imma go watch venom

hopefully something neat happens

also yikes at smashchu being a white supremacist.
someone pm me the details of that

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's literally what I was telling you to do.
It's too bad most people here don't know how to wait...:dizzy:

Can't speak for adults who had internet access back then, but at 8-years-old my speculation cycle was seeing Nintendo characters on it and going "ME WANT ME WANT ME WANT." That was the original Everyone is Here (and it had extra WTF characters teased in the opening briefly).
Back then, Dumbo younger me saw that one screenshot of the Training mode in Nintendo Power and interpreted Enemy: Stand as being an enemy :ultmario: was fighting, and not :ultfox:. I didn't get truly interested until the article/strategy for the game was published.

Ah, the days with little-to-no Internet.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
So guys, with all this "evidence" floating around, what are some of your wants that there is absolutely no evidence for and you don't expect to be in the game at all?

Mine's for a Dry Bowser echo fighter that has Bowser's Melee/Brawl moveset

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I dunno, I feel like Ninten could be different enough.

Make the blue lines on his shirt thicker and darker than Ness' (like the clay models), make his shoes blue and his shorts darker, and then make his alts. different from Ness'. His tuft of hair poking out from his cap would also be different, and his cap would be turned the opposite direction from Ness'.

They could even use the shirt from the commercial if they wanted to, but I know that's not canon to the games...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*Wait six months before just showing Fox*

Eh. Nothing personal.
It was definitely more entertaining than what we have now. Even the "You must recover!" stuff was more interesting than what the Ultimate blog puts out. :p

LetterO

Smash Lord
Well uh, it looks like I've missed quite a bunch. So what's new besides Bill Trinen and moons?

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
So guys, with all this "evidence" floating around, what are some of your wants that there is absolutely no evidence for and you don't expect to be in the game at all?

The possibility of Ms. Pac-Man being an echo of Pac-Man since she's not an alt costume for him.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Hold on a moment guys, I think I'm onto something...

- Bill Trinen made a joke about Majora's Mask on his twitter.
- Majora's Mask is a game about an eldritch horror bringing about the end of the world.
- You know what else is about an eldritch horror bringing about the end of the world? Gravity Falls. And what's their main antagonist's name? That right, Bill.
- Guess who made a cameo in the recent Gravity Falls graphic novel?
- Gravity Falls creator Alex Hirsch posted this to his twitter;

Do you guys know what this all means?

That's right, Ken confirmed for Smash Ultimate! If he gets in you have to give credit to guessing him to me!
Kek, I approved of this post because I used to watch Gravity Falls.

D

Deleted member

Empty Roster.png

Also exactly 80 characters so I can start calling this game Super Smash Bros. Crusade

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Earthworm Jim. Not that many people expect him, so I don't think he'll be in here.

Hold on a moment guys, I think I'm onto something...

- Bill Trinen made a joke about Majora's Mask on his twitter.
- Majora's Mask is a game about an eldritch horror bringing about the end of the world.
- You know what else is about an eldritch horror bringing about the end of the world? Gravity Falls. And what's their main antagonist's name? That right, Bill.
- Guess who made a cameo in the recent Gravity Falls graphic novel?
- Gravity Falls creator Alex Hirsch posted this to his twitter;

Do you guys know what this all means?

That's right, Ken confirmed for Smash Ultimate! If he gets in you have to give credit to guessing him to me!
Thanks for reminding me to consider asking at Best Buy if the set for the show is still in stock.

Last edited:

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace

Make the blue lines on his shirt thicker and darker than Ness' (like the clay models), make his shoes blue and his shorts darker, and then make his alts. different from Ness'. His tuft of hair poking out from his cap would also be different, and his cap would be turned the opposite direction from Ness'.

They could even use the shirt from the commercial if they wanted to, but I know that's not canon to the games...
Eh, they take some liberties with the mother reps so even if it isn't 100% canon they could work it in. Plus ninten has some unique moves of his own they could incorporate.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Do you think that Moray Towers (the Splatoon stage) is also a Donkey Kong (8 bit) reference?

Potato_

Smash Lord
The best prerelease for any Smash was Brawl's IMO. The Smash Dojo was a magical time that we'll never have again, sadly...
I don't know if it was the nostalgia or just me being younger when it was around, but goddamn was it cool. Waking up one morning and just seeing a new character all of a sudden, with a page full of info.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Eh, they take some liberties with the mother reps so even if it isn't 100% canon they could work it in. Plus ninten has some unique moves of his own they could incorporate.
So, an :ultisabelle:? I like the sound of that.

I don't know if it was the nostalgia or just me being younger when it was around, but goddamn was it cool. Waking up one morning and just seeing a new character all of a sudden, with a page full of info.
I remember being so excited by :ultkingdedede:'s reveal that I skipped around on the street at home outta joy.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Opens Smashboards after a few days:

Like, guao. Everyone is going coocoo for Coco Puffs.

I joined Smashboards right after E3 2013, and lemme tell ya, that was something cool. Everyone was super chill (save for two people if I remember correctly...DD) and no one was really freaking out too much until the ESRB/Vaanrose leak came along. I remember being in utter denial that Mewtwo didn't get in while Dark Pit and Dr. Mario did. It's silly to look back at it now.

This time has also been fun, but I do know that it seems like it's been really heavy on leaks and all, not as much on speculation. But that's fine! Different strokes for different folks. There are other ways to talk about characters you want or characters we already have.

I wish I was there for pre-Brawl, that would have been fun.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

It's hard to say, because there's no evidence for my most wanted, except circumstantial evidence (e.g., Microsoft's involvement in Smash, Sakurai using the ballot from 2015 when B&K was popular due to Spencer's tweet, Microsoft uncharacteristically going back to the N64 designs this year). And I don't consider circumstantial evidence as real evidence as they could all be explained away. Still something, though.

But if I had to pick a character with absolutely no evidence, that I know of, it would be my next in line, Crash (though his likelihood is more for DLC). Can't think of any other character, though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Holy Cow, Bill tweets, SmashChu posts, and White Supremacy gets dropped.

This is just a Thursday guys.

Did I really just read "that's the problem with the Smash community" and then it followed by some nonsense about leak speculation like any of that is even important? Most of what the real Smash community does happens after the game comes out and we already know what's in the game. Everyone is clear on that, right? The point of the community is helping people play the game. It involves tournament organization. It involves sharing gameplay knowledge and tech. It involves showing off media with the play of strong players for both entertaining and learning purposes. This stuff happening here is just us waiting as patiently as we can (read: impatiently) for Smash Ultimate to come out so we can start doing our thing for real. It doesn't reflect on the Smash community at all really how this goes because it's totally irrelevant to what we do, and honestly to the trivial extent it maybe matters, the best way to be here is to just be super dismissive toward anything that speculates more than the minimum that could plausibly be in the game will be in the game because nonsense like people being "disappointed" in the roster is annoying and obstructive once the game is out so minimizing expectations helps minimize that nuisance when important stuff is happening later.
Remember ^ That ^ Once ^ The ^ Game ^ Comes ^ Out ^ No ^ One ^ Will ^ Care ^ How ^ Right ^ Or ^ Wrong ^ You ^ Were ^ About ^ Speculation.

EDIT: Scratch that, no one cares now. Don't be the Pikmin to the right in my background.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Remember ^ That ^ Once ^ The ^ Game ^ Comes ^ Out ^ No ^ One ^ Will ^ Care ^ How ^ Right ^ Or ^ Wrong ^ You ^ Were ^ About ^ Speculation.
My E-penis is important for my self-esteem and for the pissing contest here.

I need to be right and all of you wrong.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Roy's design in Smash isn't canon either. It never was, as it was an interpretation by Sakurai from the start. He's somewhat of a Smash OC in a way.

That said, the character and Ness are intended to look almost identical. Mother 2 is basically an updated version of Mother 1 in almost every way. There's a few different characters/enemies, but the story and main characters, and even the final boss(Giygas/Giegue) are the same guy essentially.

Also, I don't get the comparison to Lucina. She looks heavily different. Even Dark Pit has actual different basic colors and costume elements. Ninten is severely similar and looks like a fanart of Ness without going out of their way to make him edgy or a "dark" version or something like that.

LetterO

Smash Lord

9-Volt from WarioWare. The only "evidence" that he really has is that he has his own home stage in the form of Gamer. Also 18-Volt as a semi clone.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Tetra. In the game in any way other than a trophy.

Neku. In the game at all.

Clock Town Stage.

D

Deleted member

Y'know what makes me sad? To my knowledge, there's no Pokemon Mystery Dungeon content in Smash Bros.

Maybe Incineroar could come with a sick MD remix...? Nah, I guess that wouldn't make sense, as Gen 7 hasn't had a MD game yet.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
aight, imma go watch venom

hopefully something neat happens

also yikes at smashchu being a white supremacist.
someone pm me the details of that
Can I get that pm as well? Of course something big happened when I was gone.

Did I miss anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom