• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Smash 4 speculation had Trophy Theory, Ridley's Shadow and tower of smash.

It wasn't much better back then.
Yeah, this is pretty much par for the course. Whether it's seeking Ridley in the clouds or prophesying the future through digital cardboard, we Smash fans seem to like our theories and conspiracies, lol.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Has there ever been an example where a tiny ass detail in a trailer, website, anything turned out to be an actual hint towards a character's inclusion?

Closest I can think of is the pacman shaped cloud in the Greninja trailer but even that wasn't ever confirmed to be an actual hint, I don't think.

(I'll probably get deluged with 35 characters that were hinted that way because of my ignorance/bad memory on the topic but I legit can't think of one atm)

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I can't see Ninten being an echo.

His proportions fit Ness' alright, but his moves should be different. Some (if not most, I forgot) of Ness' PK moves aren't even in the first Mother.
I also just plain think Ninten looks way too similar to Ness to warrant an Echo spot, it's alt costume or nothing.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Very late response, but there was:

It was done before Isabelle was confirmed though, so it's more of a viewpoint into the fanbase's thoughts from about a month ago.
Zack and Black Shadow are on there, nice :shades:

tfw no Impa tho

D

Deleted member

And by the way, there is a link to my blog in my signature. Go to December/January. You know who I was writing about? Laura Dale and all the "leaks" she made. You know what happened? She was absolutely wrong. And who said she was wrong? I did. Despite everyone believing them. Despite almost every major game site hanging on her every word. If fact, I think I said it perfectly in that post
Cool, you were right about a video game. Who ****ing cares?

I just want to play the damn game. Literally none of this **** will matter in like 2 months.

Chrono.

Spotting patterns or hints out of nothing is a smash tradition at this point. Remember the spots on the Smash 4 site TOTALLY meaning we were going to get Wolf?
Or the infamous clouds from the beginning of SSE showing playable characters?

It happens at basically EVERY opportunity.
People thought Shovel Knight getting his own amiibo totally meant that he was inevitable for Smash 4 DLC.

Boy that was a ride.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The Bill Trinen tweet is interesting. Most likely, he's just making the joke given that's the joke. But I think I remember him doing something similar before E3. But at least there, there could have been doubt up until the reveal. Whereas here, if a Direct were to be announced, there'd be no doubt. So, conflicted, but leaning on "not a hint". Still thinking whatever it is, it'll be October 10th.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hilda was apparently more popular than Impa and Zack/Louie. This truly is the worst timeline.
Black Knight also beat out Celica....oof

though tbf she's better suited for semi-clone

D

Deleted member

Smash 4 speculations sounds wacky, i'm a little upset that I missed it.
Hoo boy you don't know the half of it. As someone who was there for it, I can assure you there were theories, leaks, and all sorts of shenanigans that make this game's pre-release look tame.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Black Knight also beat out Celica....oof

though tbf she's better suited for semi-clone
Yeah she really can't be a Robin Echo, as has been discussed many times. It's like arguing that Ike should be a Marth echo because they both use swords. Celica and Robin use very different magic with very different limits and execution to said magic, and very different sword styles.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Smash 4 speculations sounds wacky, i'm a little upset that I missed it.
I was only there for Tower of Smash, but it was kinda nutty.

DLC period was also kinda nutty but moreso with the fake leaks and rumors going around that none ended up being true in the end.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I question most of these rumor. You know, because I don't believe everything I see on the internet.

And thats the problem with the Smash community now. People mock others because they didn't believe a leak. They mock others because they dared to question something. "How dare you be skeptical about something. You must listen and believe." As I've said, there use to be a time where people were heavily skeptical of what others said. Even on Smashboards, post that actually had real information were doubted and were even deleted by the mods. Now, you have the exact opposite situation except now it's far more childish since everyone shuts their brains off and just except whatever is put on their plate. Look at where its gotten you all. You have YouTube channels that discuss every """leak""" with absolutely no merit to them just for click. You all think Skull Kid is definitely in because Bill made a tweet replying to someone else using an image from Majora's Mask. You guys buy into everything your told and you're critical of me because I say "You know, that could be wrong." All you've done is created a hotbed for fakers to come in and get their 15 minutes of fame.

And by the way, there is a link to my blog in my signature. Go to December/January. You know who I was writing about? Laura Dale and all the "leaks" she made. You know what happened? She was absolutely wrong. And who said she was wrong? I did. Despite everyone believing them. Despite almost every major game site hanging on her every word. If fact, I think I said it perfectly in that post

Sorry I'm not a good little sheeple.
Dude, you're playing the victim card super hard here when you've been continuously wrong, and outright unpleasant (to put it super-exceedingly lightly) in the past. At some point you need to take a good hard look and realize the problem isn't with the "sheeple."

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Bill or not, based on what we have seen and gathered recently, an announcement is very likely coming soon along with at least 1 reveal for a newcomer.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You guys buy into everything your told and you're critical of me because I say "You know, that could be wrong."
This is absolutely hilarious coming from the guy who has propagated some of the most memetastic things ever said concerning speculation, like making up a laundry list of arbitrary "rules" and "facts" that you support with your experience in...accounting? Glass houses, fam.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hold on a moment guys, I think I'm onto something...

- Bill Trinen made a joke about Majora's Mask on his twitter.
- Majora's Mask is a game about an eldritch horror bringing about the end of the world.
- You know what else is about an eldritch horror bringing about the end of the world? Gravity Falls. And what's their main antagonist's name? That right, Bill.
- Guess who made a cameo in the recent Gravity Falls graphic novel?
- Gravity Falls creator Alex Hirsch posted this to his twitter;

Do you guys know what this all means?

That's right, Ken confirmed for Smash Ultimate! If he gets in you have to give all credit for guessing him to me!

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I question most of these rumor. You know, because I don't believe everything I see on the internet.

And thats the problem with the Smash community now. People mock others because they didn't believe a leak. They mock others because they dared to question something. "How dare you be skeptical about something. You must listen and believe." As I've said, there use to be a time where people were heavily skeptical of what others said. Even on Smashboards, post that actually had real information were doubted and were even deleted by the mods. Now, you have the exact opposite situation except now it's far more childish since everyone shuts their brains off and just except whatever is put on their plate. Look at where its gotten you all. You have YouTube channels that discuss every """leak""" with absolutely no merit to them just for click. You all think Skull Kid is definitely in because Bill made a tweet replying to someone else using an image from Majora's Mask. You guys buy into everything your told and you're critical of me because I say "You know, that could be wrong." All you've done is created a hotbed for fakers to come in and get their 15 minutes of fame.

But legit no one in this thread has seen this "leak" with Bill Trinen (not a leak) as definite or legit proof of anything...

Shroob

Sup?

No offense mate, but, I legit can't take you seriously after all the stuff you've said in the past, like "3rd party characters are KILLING Smash. Smash is about Nintendo's All-Stars, we need to get rid of them!"

......do we need to build a wall and make the 3rd parties pay for it while we're at it?

D

Deleted member

Did 64 even have a speculation period? I didn't get to use the net much back then, so I'm curious about that.
>64 roster leaks

Luigi's just a green Mario.
Jigglypuff is a photoshopped Kirby.
Why would Ness and Captain Falcon be in this game?

Leak's fake.

D

Deleted member

- Majora's Mask is a game about an eldritch horror bringing about the end of the world.
- You know what else is about an eldritch horror bringing about the end of the world? Gravity Falls. And what's their main antagonist's name? That right, Bill.

That's right, Ken confirmed for Smash Ultimate! If he gets in you have to give credit to guessing him to me!
Crap, now I actually want Ken in, but only if he's got a blue color with a red belt.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Did 64 even have a speculation period? I didn't get to use the net much back then, so I'm curious about that.
I mean, I'm sure people were wondering about who would be in it when it was first announced, but we here in the west weren't even sure if it was going to come overseas. They didn't plan on bringing it over at first. Do we even know if they revealed all the original 8 at once or not?

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987

I mean, there's a difference between being skeptical and just straight up denying and calling an actual leak fake. I did some digging after being interested about how the forums reacted to the ESRB leak since I wasn't around, and a post you made said "Shulk is definitely a photoshopped Little Mac." That's denial. Skepticism would be "Shulk's model looks similar to Little Mac, don't it? Maybe it could be an elaborate fake." That's skepticism.

I understand not believing every leak we see and treating it with a grain of salt, but also just saying everything is fake is also a little ridiculous, no?

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace

You know that one picture of a blurred out wall of text and at the end it just shows the recipient saying "man, shut up" because thats how i feel about this

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah she really can't be a Robin Echo, as has been discussed many times. It's like arguing that Ike should be a Marth echo because they both use swords. Celica and Robin use very different magic with very different limits and execution to said magic, and very different sword styles.
Thank you! Seriously, Celica as a Robin echo would be a severe misrepresentation of her character.
This is absolutely hilarious coming from the guy who has propagated some of the most hilariously memetastic things ever said concerning speculation, like making up a laundry list of arbitrary "rules" and "facts" that you support with your experience in...accounting? Glass houses, fam.

Smooth Criminal
Edit: On second thought this isn't the place for this really.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

That's right, Ken confirmed for Smash Ultimate! If he gets in you have to give credit to guessing him to me!
Ah, good ol’ Gravity Falls, I miss that show.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman

As a fan of Gravity Falls and Majora's Mask I cried from laughter reading this! XD

Mr. Game + Watch

Smash Apprentice
Which of these links would you want in smash
They keep their flat pixelsted design and has a unique moveset representing their games
My personal pick us link to the past link, mainly because its a great game and i grew up with it, i also think he would have a great moveset.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom