• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Give me one good reason why he shouldn't be in Prime 4?
Heeeeeee's... dead...?

Wait. Is he? I honestly don't remember. I thought he sacrificed himself when Samus was having her PTSD attack.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Isn't Smashchu one of those people who adamantly railed against Ninka/Vaanrose's leak and then against the ESRB leak all the way up until Shulk got revealed?
oh my, that's a really embarrassing history
better to sit out than dishing out these failed crusades again XD

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Heeeeeee's... dead...?

Wait. Is he? I honestly don't remember. I thought he sacrificed himself when Samus was having her PTSD attack.
Nah, Anthony lived cause he's a total badass.

He saves the day at the end of the game.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The closets thing we have to an actual "hint" for Skull Kid is him missing as an AT whilst the Moon now exists as an AT. Even then, that hardly confirms Skull Kid is playable.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Ah. That explains why they were clearly trying to make Samus a terrible protagonist.

Anthony was the real hero all along.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Damn son, here's to hoping the Prime 4 staff heard of him then.

Granted, I've been cool with the idea of more than one power suit user running around since the days of that Super Metroid comic in Nintendo Power.

Ah. That explains why they were clearly trying to make Samus a terrible protagonist.

Anthony was the real hero all along.
Sakamoto may be a George Lucas-tier moron, but at least we got something good out of his shenanigans.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm just quoting this because people need to read it.

72 Hours Remaining is like the most common phrase associated with that game. It was just a joke ya'll stop losing your minds.
*hugs loz18 doll*
N-N-NO!!!! YOU'RE WRONG! YOU'RE JUST DUMB AND STUPID AND DUMB AND... AND...

Heeeeeee's... dead...?

Nah he's alive.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Damn son, here's to hoping the Prime 4 staff heard of him then.

Granted, I've been cool with the idea of more than one power suit user running around since the days of that Super Metroid comic in Nintendo Power.
I mean. Anthony doesn't use a power suit.

He just has regular armor. The thing that sets him apart is an ice pistol and a BFG.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean. Anthony doesn't use a power suit.

He just has regular armor. The thing that sets him apart is an ice pistol and a BFG.
Forget Doomguy, we need Anthony. Just look at this absolute Chad go.
image.gif

image.gif

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
The closets thing we have to an actual "hint" for Skull Kid is him missing as an AT whilst the Moon now exists as an AT. Even then, that hardly confirms Skull Kid is playable.
Yes it's best not jump the gun so soon based on any theories, nothing is truly confirmed until the devs do so.

That being said I do believe that Ken is pretty much inevitable at least.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
One tweet and everybody starts firing at each other. Gotta love Smashboards.

We don't know if it has any significance but the timing works pretty well. It's just something to keep in mind.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The only people who dislike Anthony are the people with massive hate boners for Other M.

The game wasn't good, but its important to be able to take good things out of bad things.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There's no way people actually believe Bill not only retweeting the obvious not-Smash reference and making a joke about it, but also knowingly have it be a real-world comparison be a Smash leak.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt don't be this ****ing dumb. :073:
Reminder that he champions for the fat hockey player from Ice Hockey on NES. So, it's best to take what he says with an entire salt mine.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
This community was already shred in two over a box. Please don't shred it in four over a funny looking rock in space.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I'm happy that I voted hardcore in the ballot for Shadow, even knowing there'd be no chance of him getting in 4. I'd have probably spread my votes between Geno, Bandana, and Shadow and spammed more of them had I thought the ballot would be a big part of the next game. I only had a faint premonition that ballot popularity could help a character's case for the next installment but didn't really think of it too much and just voted on every Staples computer, library computer, and cell phone that I could for Shadow :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Anthony is one of the better things about Other M and about the series. I would actually love for him to come back in 4. Maybe even die fight Sylux.

Untouch

Smash Master
I miss 2 months ago when the fake leaks were creative.
Every fake leak is Ken/Incineroar/Geno/Steve/Shadow now.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I miss 2 months ago when the fake leaks were creative.
Every fake leak is Ken/Incineroar/Geno/Steve/Shadow now.
I suddenly miss the day of the Riddle Imgur leak pre-E3 with all of those weird pick.
I fell the same as you.

D

Deleted member

It needed characters that weren't just Samus and Ridley.

For real, I understand that a major theme of Metroid is isolation, but its really hard to make plots that are worth a damn when the only recurring characters are Samus and Ridley.

Anthony is one of the few characters that is both an ally to Samus AND is alive.

Plus his friendly and goofy personality creates a nice foil to Samus' stoic and reserved personality.
But that's the thing, Metroid isn't a narrative game, it doesn't NEED a story other than an excuse for Samus to do whatever the hell she does. The reason OM failed was because it tried to do something that it wasn't.
And if they needed more characters, then all they needes to do was get Adam right like Fusion did. You don't need a Remember The New Guy scenario with a personality that seems to have come straight from an action film.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
>Laxchris

When will he learn to ****ing stop make some fake leak video, anyone is not buying that ****.
So far, he's got nearly 3,000 views in less than a day. Someone's buying into it.

The way Youtube monetization works, you don't have to put up good videos. You just have to put up a lot of videos. And make sure each one has a thumbnail shocking enough to click.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ok, but why isn't Dixie Kong anywhere on that new Reddit poll?

Actually I'm now noticing that there aren't any characters who are speculated to be echo fighters. (Shadow, Ken, Impa, Funky, etc.).

Is there a echo fighter fan poll?
Very late response, but there was:

It was done before Isabelle was confirmed though, so it's more of a viewpoint into the fanbase's thoughts from about a month ago.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
But that's the thing, Metroid isn't a narrative game, it doesn't NEED a story other than an excuse for Samus to do whatever the hell she does. The reason OM failed was because it tried to do something that it wasn't.
And if they needed more characters, then all they needes to do was get Adam right like Fusion did. You don't need a Remember The New Guy scenario with a personality that seems to have come straight from an action film.
Other M failed because it was ****. Not because it tried to do something different.

Potato_

Smash Lord
To be honest when I first saw the Bill tweet I didn't even think Smash at all.

>Guy makes a tweet about a spooky looking asteroid, comparing it to the MM Moon.
>Bill makes a reference to MM.

Bill's personal twitter is very casual. He'll tweet and respond to things just because he feels like it.

When does this asteroid pass earth? Could it be that THAT'S what Bill meant? As in "Oh **** it passes soon?"

Also where are these people actually believing it's a smash hint? I just see people in this thread commenting on it, and others going "you idiots this isn't a hint" without any people actually saying it is.

As for him hinting at a Big House announcement, I doubt it. EVO was significant because EVERY big fighting game is there, and as such it attracts a lot more viewers. Many of those viewers might not be huge into Smash news, and so an announcement could get them to watch. Big House is only smash, a community that's already going to watch whatever Nintendo puts out regardless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom