• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackghost

Smash Champion
yeah i agree with a long-ago post. Llyod is easily the most passed over fighter in this speculation. he has as much a presence in smash 4 as k rool does. he comes from a still successful current running franchise., and even tho the franchise has grown he comes from what is considered either the first or second best entry.

people wanted to know if Nintendo would see the reddit polls, i mean maybe but it shouldn't even approach the data they collected from all of us already in the previous poll. i don't trust these polls or their results. never have. to at leats gain some semblance of being credible they need to list the number of participants and show that they couldn't be spam voted.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So I updated my reboot roster;
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:(Dixie Kong):ultlink::ultzelda:(Impa):ultganondorf:(Skull Kid):ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultdarksamus:(Sylux):ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:(Bandanna Waddle Dee):ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja:(Incineroar)(Popular Gen 8 Pokemon):ultmarth::ultike::ultcorrin:(Eldeguard):ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultshulk:(Elma) (Rex & Pyra):ultyoshi::ultfalcon::ultinkling:(Spring Man) (Ribbion Girl) :ultwario:(Waluigi) (Issac) (Chorus Kids):ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultlittlemac::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultsnake::ultcloud:(Ryu Hayabusa) (Sora) (Monster Hunter)

How is this compared to my previous one?
Metroid has as many characters as Pokémon. I know I'm alone on this, but that's way too much.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
So does anyone know if perfect pivoting is still a thing in Ultimate? I slacked when it came to practicing a lot of the more technical stuff in Smash 4 so I never quite got consistent perfect pivoting down, but I plan on taking competitive Ultimate more seriously so if it's still a thing I might have to start practicing for it now.
It's gone, but being able to do anything out of a dash pretty much made it obsolete anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
yeah i agree with a long-ago post. Llyod is easily the most passed over fighter in this speculation. he has as much a presnece in smash 4 as k rool does. he comes from a still successful current running franchise., and even tho the franchise has grown he comes from what is considered either the first or second best entry.

people wanted to know if Nintendo would see the reddit polls, i mean maybe but it shouldn't even approach the data they collected from all of us already in the previous poll. i dont trust these polls or there results. never have. to at leats gain some semblance of being credible they neded to list the number of pariticpants and show that they couldnt be spam voted.
Whoa, now THAT'S a jump...

Saying a third party from a series that isn't too Nintendo central is just as prominent and has a presence like K. ROOL does is silly.

I'm sure Lloyd's got a shot but let's not use that kinda hyperbole.

Chrono.

Lloyd getting glossed over in speculation is kinda sad but on the other hand I quite enjoy wanting a character that's popular while also not having to hear about them 24/7.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:(Dixie Kong):ultlink::ultzelda:(Impa):ultganondorf:(Skull Kid):ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultdarksamus:(Sylux):ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:(Bandanna Waddle Dee):ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja:(Incineroar)(Popular Gen 8 Pokemon):ultmarth::ultike::ultcorrin:(Eldeguard):ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultshulk:(Elma) (Rex & Pyra):ultyoshi::ultfalcon::ultinkling:(Spring Man) (Ribbion Girl) :ultwario:(Waluigi) (Issac) (Chorus Kids):ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultlittlemac::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultsnake::ultcloud:(Ryu Hayabusa) (Sora) (Monster Hunter)

No Ryu(:ultryu:), but has Ryu.
I am conflicted.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's gone, but being able to do anything out of a dash pretty much made it obsolete anyway so it doesn't really matter.
Phew, well that's a relief.

Now watch as a crazier, more versatile but far more difficult to master tech gets discovered and I have to spend hours in the training room practicing it anyway.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman

Wait? Where's my cinnamon angel boy? :ultpit:

He's the staple of Smash at this point. Cutting him out would be a huge shame.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

> No EarthBound

Not okay :ultness:

Last edited:

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace

Why cut out one of the original 8?

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Why cut out one of the original 8?
"Reboot" means a fresh start, so there's no especially strong reason to include characters that are mostly irrelevant in modern times such as Jigglypuff. Captain Falcon, and Ness. It wouldn't be surprising to see them not return, though Captain Falcon and possibly an EarthBound character could possibly make an appearance nonetheless either to represent their series or simply to cater to fans of the older Smash games. Either way, I think we can all agree that a reboot wouldn't bode well for Jigglypuff, though.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace

No Ness/10

Graizen

Smash Champion
Smash Bros Switch is:

Awesome
Greatness
Ultimate
Maximum
Omega
Not All Star Battle Royale

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Better, but I think you're keeping too many third-party characters and adding too newcomers at the expense of cutting some of Smash's staples, such as Ness and Pit.

Personally, I'd suggest something like this. Newcomers grouped together indicate one or the other.

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr:(Waluigi/Paper Mario):ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultlink::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink:(Skull Kid/Impa):ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:(BWD):ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja:(Gen 7/Gen 8):ultness::ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultike::ultrobin:ultcorrin:(Eldegaurd):ultgnw::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultwario::ultsonic::ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultshulk:(Elma/Rex):ultryu::ultcloud::ultinkling:(Octoling)(Spring Man)(Ribbon Girl)(Chorus Kids)(Sora)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I had to choose between keeping a Nintendo first-party or cutting them for a 3rd party, I wouldn't even hesitate to cut the 3rd party. That's just me, though.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
"Reboot" means a fresh start, so there's no especially strong reason to include characters that are mostly irrelevant in modern times such as Jigglypuff. Captain Falcon, and Ness. It wouldn't be surprising to see them not return, though Captain Falcon and possibly an EarthBound character could possibly make an appearance nonetheless either to represent their series or simply to cater to fans of the older Smash games. Either way, I think we can all agree that a reboot wouldn't bode well for Jigglypuff, though.
I don’t think we can all agree on that at all though simply cause we don’t know what Sakurai for example would prioritize. On one hand, Puff isn’t all that important in the grand scheme of things and so it could get cut. On the other hand, for all we know Sakurai himself would want to keep the OG12 around at this point with them being playable for pretty much 20 years. I just don’t think we have enough info on how he’d go about a reboot to conclude either way.

D

Deleted member

No Ness/10
Of all the potential cuts that would upset me, Ness is one that would most certainly upset me.

EB deserves more love. I would be down to see MORE Smash representation, not less! :ness:
Better, but I think you're keeping too many third-party characters and adding too newcomers at the expense of cutting some of Smash's staples, such as Ness and Pit.

Personally, I'd suggest something like this. Newcomers grouped together indicate one or the other.

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr:(Waluigi/Paper Mario):ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultlink::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink:(Skull Kid/Impa):ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:(BWD):ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja:(Gen 7/Gen 8):ultness::ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultike::ultrobin:ultcorrin:(Eldegaurd):ultgnw::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultwario::ultsonic::ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultshulk:(Elma/Rex):ultryu::ultcloud::ultinkling:(Octoling)(Spring Man)(Ribbon Girl)(Chorus Kids)(Sora)
Well damn. People take their Earthbound and Kid Icarus seriously! XD

Well, I mean, I strived to make my roster as original as possible, and that to me meant having to cut some characters some people wouldn't. I disagree about the too many third parties though. I think at this point they've become a Smash staple. But that's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Would it even be possible for Digimon to join Smash?
Yes , why not?
Digimon started as a Virtual Pet, a type of Video Games
Digimon was a giant on the 90s, and was the biggest Pokémon rival of all time
And also has a ton of Games on Nintendo consoles, with one on the Switch coming in 2019

Representing Bandai Namco
Agumon would be perfect

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Smash Bros Switch is:

Awesome
Greatness
Ultimate
Maximum
Omega
Not All Star Battle Royale
Don't forget, it's also
K. Rool Inclusive
Interesting
Nice
Gorgeous

Has enough characters
All of them are great
Ridley still made it in,
Knowing he is too big
Introspective
Not out yet
Interstellar
All characters should have echos
Never getting released on PC

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Would it even be possible for Digimon to join Smash?
They're fully owned by Namco-Bandai, as opposed to being licensed by them like Dragon Ball or Naruto. It's possible, though Namco-Bandai has a LOT of options for characters. (not as many as Capcom, but between Heihachi, Nightmare, Lloyd Irving, someone from Dark Souls, Klonoa, and more, there's a decent amount of competition)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

>Legend of Zelda has 5 reps
>Metroid has 5 reps
>Star Fox still has all 3 of it's reps
>Greninja but no Lucario
>Kirby has 4 reps
>Donkey Kong has 4 reps
>Fire Emblem has 4 reps
>Xenoblade has 3 reps
>Waluigi

I find this roster hilarious. A Smash reboot is going to consist mostly of the essentials, with maybe some promotional characters and third parties. Also, a roster of 61 characters is way too much for a reboot. It's more than Sm4sh's amount of characters even with DLC. The point of a Smash reboot would be to reboot the series, and therefore would cull the roster significantly. I could maybe see this for the third game in a reimagined Smash Bros. series, but definitely not the first. Even then the "popular" characters would be significantly different as we're talking more than a decade in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom