• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Hilda was apparently more popular than Impa and Zack/Louie. This truly is the worst timeline.
Not really, Impa wasn’t included in the polls (not as echo or newcomer) which was really surprising. In every other survey/poll where Impa and Hilda are included, Impa wins.

However, Hilda DID become more popular compared to her fanbase before e3. I want both of them in, or one of them at least. I like both tbh.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I think Impa as an echo hasn't caught on as much due to folks preferring a Hyrule Warriors-esque portrayal.

Graizen

Smash Champion
So what, i love you guys!
Im a Agumon fan, but i want other characters as well
And if Agumon never make it to Smash, thats fine
I will be happy to have supported my Dream character

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
You do you my man, personally there is far more irritating stuff in this thread than an user honestly rooting for his favorite character.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think it's great you're supporting it so strongly tbh

Iridium

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie, I've been feeling so dead inside recently (even about Smash). I can't think of much anymore, and that gets to me.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The best prerelease for any Smash was Brawl's IMO. The Smash Dojo was a magical time that we'll never have again, sadly...
True. It's likely never to happen again because

1. Sakurai went hard and heavy with new stuff on a near daily basis from April 2007 to November 2007.

2. The legendary piss fit that the fanbase threw when the final roster was leaked so it was kind of like "why bother?"

Brawl speculation was nuts but it was probably intensely draining for Sakurai.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Smash Brothers is

Gosh-dang Awesome
Opposite of bad
Kewl
Universally loved

"Reboot" means a fresh start, so there's no especially strong reason to include characters that are mostly irrelevant in modern times such as Jigglypuff. Captain Falcon, and Ness. It wouldn't be surprising to see them not return, though Captain Falcon and possibly an EarthBound character could possibly make an appearance nonetheless either to represent their series or simply to cater to fans of the older Smash games. Either way, I think we can all agree that a reboot wouldn't bode well for Jigglypuff, though.
Captain Falcon is practically uncuttable. Not because he's one of the Original 8, not because F-zero needs to be repped, but because he's a Smash icon. Smash Bros without the Falcon Punch just wouldn't be Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, I've been feeling so dead inside recently (even about Smash). I can't think of much anymore, and that gets to me.
I'm there with you man. If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, life can be miserable for us. We just gotta push through somehow.

kylexv

Smash Master
True. It's likely never to happen again because

1. Sakurai went hard and heavy with new stuff on a near daily basis from April 2007 to November 2007.

2. The legendary piss fit that the fanbase threw when the final roster was leaked so it was kind of like "why bother?"

Brawl speculation was nuts but it was probably intensely draining for Sakurai.
I think the reactions to Brawl's roster were summed up with this one image:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm happy to have you here.
You are a true supporter of your character dreams. It's admirable!
Who else would you like to see?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I liked playstation allstars. It was a good game. Not great. But good. And fun. A little weak on unlockables, but that could have in a sequel.

Smash could also pull some tricks from it, like multiple fs, stage mixing, a second special button.

It had positives

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Smash Bros. Ultimate is

Sguys
Mhelp
Ai
Snever
Hlearned
4how
.to
5read

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
Considering how ungrateful some of the members of this community were during the Brawl days, I'm surprised Sakurai hasn't gone all "You cannot be quenched", just like that boy in the Sonic video. I know I would have.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Considering how ungrateful some of the members of this community were during the Brawl days, I'm surprised Sakurai hasn't gone all "You cannot be quenched", just like that boy in the Sonic video. I know I would have.
The fact that he's making millions may have something to do with it.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think a reboot roster is going to look more like this:

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultrosalina::ultyoshi::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultwario:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ulttoonlink::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultpit::ultfox::ultfalcon::ultolimar:
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultike::ultness::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultgnw:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultshulk::ultinkling::ultsonic::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultsimon::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:

40 vets and a sprinkling of newcomers (I honestly can't even name anyone because they would have to be really important). I culled so much of the roster to the point it actually hurts to cut more.

I guess I could drop the third parties but I feel like they've honestly earned their spot more than most vets have due to their importance.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Those millions may compensate the hard work, but they'll never bring back his health. And yeah, I know that it's his decision to get so involved, but still.
Yeah, I'm positive so much development has ended up damaging him but...I don't see what that has to do with some ungrateful fans.
Don't get me wrong. I'm worried about him, but he does seem to be doing better.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of blog, Mimikyu is today's update.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Smash Bros Ultimate is:

Precious
Legendary
Epic
Awesome
Super-duper
E
H
unky-dory
E seriously help me
Laudatory
Potent

Okay I'll stop now.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
I'm happy to have you here.
You are a true supporter of your character dreams. It's admirable!
Who else would you like to see?
Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Crash Bandicoot and maybe a Mortal Kombat and/or King of Fighters character.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think a reboot roster is going to look more like this:

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultrosalina::ultyoshi::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultwario:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ulttoonlink::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultpit::ultfox::ultfalcon::ultolimar:
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultike::ultness::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultgnw:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultshulk::ultinkling::ultsonic::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultsimon::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:

40 vets and a sprinkling of newcomers (I honestly can't even name anyone because they would have to be really important). I culled so much of the roster to the point it actually hurts to cut more.

I guess I could drop the third parties but I feel like they've honestly earned their spot more than most vets have due to their importance.
Seems legit but I doubt Sakurai would cut :ultpalutena: and :ultmetaknight: out. Kid Icarus and Kirby is among his babies. I can see :ultdarkpit: though being cut.

Personally I don't see :ultbayonetta::ultsonic: and :ultsimon: returning either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom