• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Is intern-kun tardy again?

and everyone ganging up on our resident Agumon fan...
Really getting tired of that. At least with IGuessItsOver IGuessItsOver it's tongue-in-cheek, but with Graizen it's "kick the dumb puppy".

Considering how ungrateful some of the members of this community were during the Brawl days, I'm surprised Sakurai hasn't gone all "You cannot be quenched", just like that boy in the Sonic video. I know I would have.
That reminds me, I had once seen a drawing of Sonic on DeviantArt doing the finger for that exact reason.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I think a reboot roster is going to look more like this:

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultrosalina::ultyoshi::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultwario:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ulttoonlink::ultganondorf::ultsamus::ultridley::ultpit::ultfox::ultfalcon::ultolimar:
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultike::ultness::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultgnw:
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultshulk::ultinkling::ultsonic::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultsimon::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:

40 vets and a sprinkling of newcomers (I honestly can't even name anyone because they would have to be really important). I culled so much of the roster to the point it actually hurts to cut more.

I guess I could drop the third parties but I feel like they've honestly earned their spot more than most vets have due to their importance.
I'd even go so far as to cut Toon Link and Rosalina and replace Lucina with Robin, who better represents the series. Maybe add in Snake or R.O.B. in place of the two cuts, or leave that room for newcomers.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
My personal guess of this month's newcomer is of the following:

Isaac
Elma
Geno
Lloyd
Dante?
Retro Character

- They're all niche characters where a portion of the Smash fanbase knows them but the casual and some of the smash fanbase doesn't recognize them. This based on the sudden translations of the memories which are summary's of a Smash Fighter's origins.
-Its likely to be a livestream(too early for a final direct IMO) and Robin/Lucina at the time of their reveal were still niche characters before becoming more popular and known as they are now. Especially Lucina.

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of blog, Mimikyu is today's update.

Another 2 character week, which is another massive blow to blog theory.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
My personal guess of this month's newcomer is of the following:

Isaac
Elma
Geno
Lloyd
Dante?
Retro Character

- They're all niche characters where a portion of the Smash fanbase knows them but the casual and some of the smash fanbase doesn't recognize them. This based on the sudden translations of the memories which are summary's of a Smash Fighter's origins.
-Its likely to be a livestream(too early for a final direct IMO) and Robin/Lucina at the time of their reveal were still niche characters before becoming more popular and known as they are now. Especially Lucina.
This month's newcomer is any of the following:
  • Ken
  • Incineroar
  • Steve
  • Sora
  • Geno
  • Shadow
  • Maybe Dante
No one else.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Oh , and Steve is actualy a realy great character to put in Smash in my opinion.

A creative pick, and the most popular character to put in Smash.
The Minecraft fans will flip!

D

Deleted member

Another 2 character week, which is another massive blow to blog theory.
More like a blow to Dr. Mario because Jesus H. Christ, that man is a ****ing goner.
I really never gave thought to how Mimikyu is gonna attack people until now, that's scary as hell. ****** just takes you to the shadow realm.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh , and Steve is actualy a realy great character to put in Smash in my opinion.

A creative pick, and the most popular character to put in Smash.
The Minecraft fans will flip!
Yesssssssssssssssss.

Steve would be extra hype imo, along with any of my other wanted characters (I just also really want Minecraft).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Why? I don't think I've ever understood the blog theory properly.

Moreover, apart from stages, what hasn't yet been shown on the blog from the August Direct? Assist Trophies, Pokémon, items etc.
Blog theory relied on us getting 3 characters a week to hit 7-8 newcomers.

Each week with less than 3 reveals reduces the average newcomer by 1.

Last week it went from 6-7, now it's 5-6.

Shroob

Sup?
There's 9 more weeks till launch and 22 characters still not up on the blog. If they only have 2 characters a week from here on out, they'll only have 18.
I've been saying "4 more left to be revealed" for awhile.

Of course they 'could' do another week of 3, but it really feels like they're starting to slow down pushing characters to the website.

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392

Only if they don't pick up with two other weeks with 4 newcomers (which has happenes before).

D

Deleted member

>Legend of Zelda has 5 reps
>Metroid has 5 reps
>Star Fox still has all 3 of it's reps
>Greninja but no Lucario
>Kirby has 4 reps
>Donkey Kong has 4 reps
>Fire Emblem has 4 reps
>Xenoblade has 3 reps
>Waluigi

I find this roster hilarious. A Smash reboot is going to consist mostly of the essentials, with maybe some promotional characters and third parties. Also, a roster of 61 characters is way too much for a reboot. It's more than Sm4sh's amount of characters even with DLC. The point of a Smash reboot would be to reboot the series, and therefore would cull the roster significantly. I could maybe see this for the third game in a reimagined Smash Bros. series, but definitely not the first. Even then the "popular" characters would be significantly different as we're talking more than a decade in the future.
Alright, how about this time;
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser:(Paper Mario):ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:(Skull Kid):ultsamus::ultridley:(Sylux):ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:(Bandanna Waddle Dee):ultfox::ultfalco::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo: (Gen 8 Pokemon):ultmarth:(Eldegaurd) :ultisabelle:(Rex & Pyra) :ultyoshi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultinkling::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman:(Ryu Hayabusa) (Sora)
40 characters. I made it to model a Smash reboot after Ultimate as closely as I could.
(I'm still going to get roasted aren't I?)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'd even go so far as to cut Toon Link and Rosalina and replace Lucina with Robin, who better represents the series. Maybe add in Snake or R.O.B. in place of the two cuts, or leave that room for newcomers.
I feel like Rosa has cemented herself in the series given that we have concept art of her being in Odyssey, which says a lot when not even Yoshi is in that game and we only got Luigi in a post-launch content update.

Toon Link I can see cutting but I didn't want people to yell at me for cutting too much to Zelda. My original plan was to actually keep Tink and cut Ganon (to replace with Beast Ganon) but I just couldn't post it without having Ganon there.

I kept Lucina purely because she's the second most popular female according to Fire Emblem Heroes, while Robin isn't even on the radar. My first plan as just Lucina and Ike (using the same popularity poll as a base) and adding in Lyn as a newcomer but it just looked so weird without Marth.

My last cut was Snake because I wanted to cap it at 40. It seems like a really high number but that's honestly cutting like half the roster at this point.

...it got really hard when I forgot to put in Kirby

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
More like a blow to Dr. Mario because Jesus H. Christ, that man is a ****ing goner.
I really never gave thought to how Mimikyu is gonna attack people until now, that's scary as hell. ****** just takes you to the shadow realm.
A Mimikyu a day keeps the doctor forever away~

This month's newcomer is any of the following:
  • Ken
  • Incineroar
  • Steve
  • Sora
  • Geno
  • Shadow
  • Maybe Dante
No one else.
My guess is they might throw a curveball and announce something to tie into Luigi's Mansion instead. Not a prediction, but a possibility.

King Boo

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I've been saying "4 more left to be revealed" for awhile.

Of course they 'could' do another week of 3, but it really feels like they're starting to slow down pushing characters to the website.
Maybe they'll do 2 next week and then 3 for the remaining 8 weeks, giving us 4 more newcomers. That's a possibility, especially if they're running out of new items to showcase...

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Since there are so many roster predictions that is mostly based off on the Box, what I want to create is the most wanted yet expected rosters while ignoring the Box theory.

So here is my predicted roster!

Newcomers:
69. Elma
70. Isaac
71. Geno/DQ Rep
72. Chorus Kids/Karate Joe
73. Incineroar/Decidueye (Wanted the latter more but the former is the most likely)
74. Banjo/Steve (I Like Both of Them and Either IS Fine)

- Sora is DLC in my eyes imo. I really love this character but SE and Disney can profit off of him more if he is DLC as many general audience will buy him.

Echoes:
  • Shadow (Sonic)
  • Ken (Ryu)
  • Impa (Sheik)
  • Felix (Isaac)
  • Black Shadow (Captain Falcon)

Last edited:

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman

I distinctly remember a 4-character week after the August direct, but I may be mistaken. What if they do it again?

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
I want to add on to this. For those who have seen the spreadsheet would know, blog theory technically says that a minimum of 2 fighter IS possible, it would just require a slowdown. We argue that the slowdown won't happen, but we admit it's a possibility and have math to back that up. So yeah, box and blog could both happen and we just get 2. The 6-8 thing was just the most likely to us earlier, though I'll admit 4-6 is PROBABLY what we'll get. It's an incredibly fluid theory as others have mentioned. 2 bare minimum, 8 max. My guess is 6. Let's see what we get.
Not really big on the theories myself but im just gonna post this for clarity for those who are curious about blog theory

Graizen

Smash Champion
Digimon have 13 Games on Nintendo consoles (Counting Digimon Survive)
Tamagotchi have 15 Games in Nintendo consoles (Digimon was born with the Tamagotchis)

Thats alot of time with Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

I feel like Rosa has cemented herself in the series given that we have concept art of her being in Odyssey, which says a lot when not even Yoshi is in that game and we only got Luigi in a post-launch content update.
Yoshi is in Odyssey though.

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser:(Paper Mario):ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:(Skull Kid):ultsamus::ultridley:(Sylux):ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:(Bandanna Waddle Dee):ultfox::ultfalco::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo: (Gen 8 Pokemon):ultmarth:(Eldegaurd) :ultisabelle:(Rex & Pyra) :ultyoshi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultinkling::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman:(Ryu Hayabusa) (Sora)
40 characters. I made it to model a Smash reboot after Ultimate as closely as I could.
Still lacks E.T.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Smash Speculation is

Kremling Friendly
In the Mood.
Like a good Rap.
Lanky Kong digs it.

Makes me smile.
Eternal.

Shroob

Sup?
I distinctly remember a 4-character week after the August direct, but I may be mistaken. What if they do it again?
They very well could, and if we get a Direct/reveal next week, I fully expect them to, but the more weeks with a small amount of reveals, the worse blog theory ages.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Yes , why not?
Digimon started as a Virtual Pet, a type of Video Games
Digimon was a giant on the 90s, and was the biggest Pokémon rival of all time
And also has a ton of Games on Nintendo consoles, with one on the Switch coming in 2019

Representing Bandai Namco
Agumon would be perfect
Would be crazy to have Digimon and Pokémon in the same game.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
...why does Kirby have more characters than Pokemon?

Bandana Dee, Sylyx, Rex, Skull Kid, Edelgard and Gen 8 Pokemon are really weird choices in a reboot because the quality of their character (in terms of popularity and overall significance) is so much less than the characters you chose to cut.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Steve getting in would appeal to general Minecraft fans, not hardcore Smash fans, and this game appears to appeal to the latter.
Forgot how appealing Isabelle and Simon are to hardcore Smash fans
Wait they aren't

Though they did have decent fan demand way back in 2015, they are no where NEAR K. Rool and Ridley.

This game is for the hardcore fans yes but I feel more people enjoy Steve then you think

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I feel like this thread could use a pick-me-up, so here's some cats of varying levels of Smash relevancy!
2x2-YokaiWatch-Jibanyan-v01-B.945d7221996a4badccdfc3951c56e2be44bd7.cf83c02b.png
727.png
SmashCat.png

I hope these helped you feel better!

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So a Mimikyu (my heart still aches) post without a mention of an announcement for next week.

Ok I'd say something announced at either Big House or NY Comic Con (forgot that was this weekend too...). If neither ... Then maybe we can expect a typical direct announcment next week? Otherwise it might be longer than we thought.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve getting in would appeal to general Minecraft fans, not hardcore Smash fans, and this game appears to appeal to the latter.
We have Isabelle and Dark Samus, the former appealing to Animal Crossing fans that wanted her and the latter not appearing in much hardcore Smash fan stuff yet was said to be highly requested, and it appears most Sora fans who want him in Smash are from outside these hardcore Smash sites.

And I know a lot of people want Steve in Smash even if most aren't in these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom