• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Seriously though:

>"Smash Fan Polls mean absolutely nothing!"
>K. Rool and Ridley Constantly top polls
>K. Rool and Ridley are playable in Ultimate
>Banjo, Isaac, and Geno constantly top polls
>???

Just saying.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Who knows what could happen at this point. I wouldn’t be super if we got freaking Ragna in Smash.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Maybe with a roster that doesn't suck this time :V

What are you implying here Gwen? That the K.Rool fanbase doesn't actually care about others like they claimed to? That the supposed freindly fandom with Dixie was just a lie? The same way they abandoned the Ridley fanbase after Smash 4 and began trashing on any character that wasn't K.Rool, including Ridley AND Dixie? And how they ******* and whined about Corrin and Bayonetta, calling the Ballot rigged? Is this what you mean with that?
I don't know why she would imply, it's the truth.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Maybe with a roster that doesn't suck this time :V

What are you implying here Gwen? That the K.Rool fanbase doesn't actually care about others like they claimed to? That the supposed freindly fandom with Dixie was just a lie? The same way they abandoned the Ridley fanbase after Smash 4 and began trashing on any character that wasn't K.Rool, including Ridley AND Dixie? And how they ******* and whined about Corrin and Bayonetta, calling the Ballot rigged? Is this what you mean with that?
You know I didn't want to mention it but as you just did, it pisses me off that there's that thank you letter from K.Rool fans here, cause I bet you can name search people who were on that letter and they're all the same who yell "Sakurai hates DK!" and disrespected the man, demanding boycotts of 4 DLC after Bayonetta's reveal and ****

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sadly it's what happens with a lot of Fanbase.
Remember the Bandana fans? Rex/Pyra? Isaac? Decidueyes?
They all slowly vanished as time passed and with the "leaks" becoming more and more truth. However, sadly for Dixie her fate was worst as it's just as you said.
The traction stopped once we got K.Rool
The Isaac fandom died?

Coulda fooled me...

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I hope they do another one and make it clear that this is what is going to be used for not just Ultimate DLC but future games in general.
But they DID. You guys just had your heads up on your asses to listen to anybody saying "just vote for whoever you want that's literally the whole point".

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I get it, it's frustrating all of her support getting evaporated as soon as K.Rool gets in. So much for Friendly Fandoms I guess.

yeah, I know there is still fan support for her
*notices capitalization of Friendly Fandoms*

Am I correct in assuming you also browse TV Tropes? :)

Some folks really have a hard on to be pessimistic. Fan polls are useful because it shows where interests lie and they are fun. We don't have to **** on everything that doesn't come out of Sakurai's mouth you know.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know I didn't want to mention it but as you just did, it pisses me off that there's that thank you letter from K.Rool fans here, cause I bet you can name search people who were on that letter and they're all the same who yell "Sakurai hates DK!" and disrespected the man, demanding boycotts of 4 DLC after Bayonetta's reveal and ****
It's kinda weird how some of the most, um, passionate fans during the last speculation period are the chillest ones this time around.

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
Any leaks in the past few days that are relevant?

I had a dream last night where Balloon Fighter got leaked lol

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Yes and it's also annoying when people get on Dixie fans for asking for her and saying "Dk already has K.Rool", it's not like every Dk fan is going to use him(I love Dkc to death and while I was glad he got in but I don't really have a strong attachment to him plus I don't really use heavyweight characters that much), it's a shame really when people say disheartening things like that.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
That definitely ain't it, chief.

That would imply that Duck Hunt Dog was getting an Echo Fighter.

They just spaced them out because it looked aesthetically pleasing that way, this isn't box where there's a weird pattern of 9.
No I'm implying that after Isabelle is added to the box, that is the final design, as is the case with the download codes, which have already shipped and hence will not be updated.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
But they DID. You guys just had your heads up on your ***** to listen to anybody saying "just vote for whoever you want that's literally the whole point".
Hey man, people are goddamn jaded as ****. People are willing to compromise to get what they want, and if that means discarding less realistic picks like assist trophies or movesets like semi-clones I know more than a share of people are willing to do so.

Besides, I did vote for who I wanted no matter how unrealistic...
I just didn't spend as much time on separate accounts voting over and over and over again for those characters

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Seriously though:

>???

Just saying.
Also:ultbowser::ultdiddy::ultganondorf::ultike::ultkingdedede::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultroy::ultshulk::ultsonic::ultwario:

but you know

whatever

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda weird how some of the most, um, passionate fans during the last speculation period are the chillest ones this time around.
I only just joined here recently for the Skull Kid hype so I'm curious, how bad was it?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ungrateful, the lot of them. I'm not suddenly going to back away my support just because Dixie's missing. I've been wanting additional DK characters for years at this point, so I'll take what I can get.

The vocal minority is not the end-all be-all of fanbases, otherwise the amount of fanbases with actual goodwill in it would be damn hard to find.

That's how it is. Something gets popular, and suddenly it's not fun to support anymore, because everyone pays attention to it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Any leaks in the past few days that are relevant?

I had a dream last night where Balloon Fighter got leaked lol
Not quite a Smash leak but recently I had a dream I've been wanting to talk about. In it, Kyogre and Groudon both got new forms that were even larger and stronger then their Primal forms called "Primordial Forms". Primordial Groudon had attack and defense so ridiculous that it became the second Pokemon to be banned from Ubers. Meanwhile Primordial Kyogre was a Water/Ice type and no one used it over Primal Kyogre because ice typing downright sucks in competitive play.

It's been a good while since I've had frequent Pokemon dreams. Smash Brothers hype and Pokemon Trainer nostalgia is making me fall back in love with the series all over again.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Not quite a Smash leak but recently I had a dream I've been wanting to talk about. In it, Kyogre and Groudon both got new forms that were even larger and stronger then their Primal forms called "Primordial Forms". Primordial Groudon had attack and defense so ridiculous that it became the second Pokemon to be banned from Ubers. Meanwhile Primordial Kyogre was a Water/Ice type and no one used it over Primal Kyogre because ice typing downright sucks in competitive play.

It's been a good while since I've had frequent Pokemon dreams. Smash Brothers hype and Pokemon Trainer nostalgia is making me fall back in love with the series all over again.
That sounds awesome! :D If only those Primordial forms were real!

I don't think I've ever had a Pokémon dream—the only game dreams I've had are some Undertale ones and a Legend of Zelda dream a few nights ago that gave me the quote in my signature because Skull Kid got super philosophical.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The problem with Dixie Kong was that she wasn't REALLY requested until Tropical Freeze came out. She was considered more dead than K. Rool before then. A lot of fans, K. Rool fans included, jumped on the Dixie bandwagon after K. Rool was disconfirmed for Smash For. Dixie wasn't considered "super important" until VERY recently. K. Rool, ever since Diddy Kong, was always the top DK fan pick. Dixie got second place because of her inclusion in Tropical Freeze. Even then, there's quite a few DK fans that want Cranky more so than Dixie.

The K. Rool fans not crossing over is a pretty big blow, I mean really. But the same could be same for Sylux. After Ridley's disconfirmation Sylux's popularity got quite the boost but it was because Ridley wasn't getting in. I think the same thing happened with Dixie and I don't think ****ting on the K. Rool fanbase is really deserving. The Dixie fanbase had a lot of crossover with the K. Rool fanbase and most of them cared more about K. Rool than Dixie. And that's all there really is to it. DK fans got their most wanted, and they're grateful. I don't understand why that's necessarily a sin.

D

Deleted member

Sylux was always a request so surreal to me because his whole thing is based on the fact "he's GOING TO BE relevant". Like, the guy showed up in one Metroid spin off and then his ship is seen as a teaser and a bunch of people acts like he should definitely be the next Metroid character. He's literally the Boba Fett of Metroid.
Remember when the "remembah me?" guy was an honest to god serious request in Smash 4? Because I wish I didn't

Pakky

Smash Hero
Seriously though:

>???

Just saying.
Hey now you troublemaker cut that crap out!

Megaman and Sonic topped all of the charts and they're not in the game :4pacman:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The problem with Dixie Kong was that she wasn't REALLY requested until Tropical Freeze came out. She was considered more dead than K. Rool before then. A lot of fans, K. Rool fans included, jumped on the Dixie bandwagon after K. Rool was disconfirmed for Smash For. Dixie wasn't considered "super important" until VERY recently. K. Rool, ever since Diddy Kong, was always the top DK fan pick. Dixie got second place because of her inclusion in Tropical Freeze. Even then, there's quite a few DK fans that want Cranky more so than Dixie.

The K. Rool fans not crossing over is a pretty big blow, I mean really. But the same could be same for Sylux. After Ridley's disconfirmation Sylux's popularity got quite the boost but it was because Ridley wasn't getting in. I think the same thing happened with Dixie and I don't think ****ting on the K. Rool fanbase is really deserving. The Dixie fanbase had a lot of crossover with the K. Rool fanbase and most of them cared more about K. Rool than Dixie. And that's all there really is to it. DK fans got their most wanted, and they're grateful. I don't understand why that's necessarily a sin.
As a Fire Emblem fan, I have to say that liking a series does not default to liking a character. Or a roster pick. I love FE, and I love that it's gotten so much representation, but I was so not on board with adding Chrom. He only furthered the notion that there are too many FE characters, too many swordsmen, and too much Awakening. I'm happy for the people who wanted him in, and I'll likely play as him because I really enjoy Roy's moveset in comparison to Marth's, but I was definitely not on team Chrom before his reveal.

I can't speak for anyone who doesn't want Dixie, or doesn't want K. Rool, or anyone else, but it's certainly okay to like a series and not a character. Doesn't excuse harboring animosity toward fans with different opinions, though.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sylux was always a request so surreal to me because his whole thing is based on the fact "he's GOING TO BE relevant". Like, the guy showed up in one Metroid spin off and then his ship is seen as a teaser and a bunch of people acts like he should definitely be the next Metroid character. He's literally the Boba Fett of Metroid.
Remember when the "remembah me?" guy was an honest to god serious request in Smash 4? Because I wish I didn't
Unlike that guy, Sylux isn't tied to Other M, so that helps.

Besides, there isn't much in the way of humanoid rivals for Samus (and the rest of the Hunters guys have been ignored), so it's natural that they cling onto him.

D

Deleted member

I’d drop Shulk in a second if MBD got in.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
DK and Diddy were just fine enough if you really mean representation as a factor, not that I didn’t want K.Rool or Dixie but it’s always weird how there’s little support for :ultyoshi:and :ultwario: newcomers yet with :ultdk:it’s a whole other thing.

Sakurai probably treated it as another Mario sub-series up until Ultimate.
If I knew the ballot would be used for Ultimate I would've voted for Ashley, no question.

It's my greatest regret...
That’s pretty much how we all felt lol, I would’ve voted for Banjo or Waluigi in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom