• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Ok, but why isn't Dixie Kong anywhere on that new Reddit poll?

Actually I'm now noticing that there aren't any characters who are speculated to be echo fighters. (Shadow, Ken, Impa).

Is there a echo fighter fan poll?
There's was one one Reddit awhile ago for Echoes. Shadow won by a long shot.

Which new one are you referring to?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Either Italy has some really weird tastes, or I have some really weird tastes (it's probably me), because I don't want any of these characters :p
Don't you only like female characters or something?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Can we agree that fan polls do not represent anything at all.
They don't mean anything unless they have a sufficiently large sample size.
FMA: Brotherhood is downright the best goshdang anime I've ever seen. It's like all the good stuff I like about anime but with almost none of the stuff that drives me away from it.
Funnily enough: TeamFourStar, during AnimeFMK, said something along these lines about My Hero Academia.

Specifically, in their Episode 63 (Season 3: Episode 25) review, they said that even the "bad" stuff during Season 3 of My Hero Academia would be considered merely "average" for a normal Anime, that's pretty high praise.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
May I ask why? Just asking.
Because anime. When I started watching anime, I only watched anime about girls, and that changed my outlook on characters in anime and in videogames, and so because I only liked girls in anime, I began to only like girls in videogames as well, which is why I mainly only play as girls in videogames

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's weird we don't really see Dixie on any fan polls, it feels odd that such a DK series mainstay is left in the shadows like that
You know, yeah, this annoys me because of that K.Rool VS Dixie war with loads of fans saying "We want Dixie too but K.Rool would be better" and then after K.Rool, nothing. Just, did you guys only want a single DK character after yelling how DK is poorly repped? Cause we all know if Dixie made it first they'd go "Hey support K.Rool now" Like I've seen some do with Ridley

D

Deleted member

Because anime. When I started watching anime, I only watched anime about girls, and that changed my outlook on characters in anime and in videogames, and so because I only liked girls in anime, I began to only like girls in videogames as well, which is why I mainly only play as girls in videogames
Ah, I see. Now I know why you want what’s her name from Sernran Kagura in Smash :)
(In case someone gets confused, not trying to flame)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Can we agree that fan polls do not represent anything at all.
Certainly not, since they usually represent a fraction of the total fanbase input. (The official ballot had a million and something votes if I recall) I wasn't even aware that recent fan ballot was a thing, not to mention the way it was set up, plus missing certain characters doesn't make it too reliable in terms of overall popularity of every character on a relative basis.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Ah, I see. Now I know why you want what’s her name from Sernran Kagura in Smash :)
(In case someone gets confused, not trying to flame)
Yes, the characters in Senran Kagura have the look of anime characters and all of the playable characters are girls, so it's a win-win for me (and it's my fourth favorite series of all time, behind Hyperdimension Neptunia, Pokémon and Zelda)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Okay, but what if it was a reaaaaally androgynous dude
499520-p3.jpg

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know, yeah, this annoys me because of that K.Rool VS Dixie war with loads of fans saying "We want Dixie too but K.Rool would be better" and then after K.Rool, nothing. Just, did you guys only want a single DK character after yelling how DK is poorly repped? Cause we all know if Dixie made it first they'd go "Hey support K.Rool now" Like I've seen some do with Ridley
Nah, I get it, it's frustrating all of her support getting evaporated as soon as K.Rool gets in. So much for Friendly Fandoms I guess.

yeah, I know there is still fan support for her

D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong would be rad, and to be completely honest I don't think I'll be fully satisfied with DK representation until we get her with DK, Diddy, and K. Rool.

D

Deleted member

Yes, the characters in Senran Kagura have the look of anime characters and all of the playable characters are girls, so it's a win-win for me (and it's my fourth favorite series of all time, behind Hyperdimension Neptunia, Pokémon and Zelda)
Ah I see. Well, you do you my guy.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Sadly it's what happens with a lot of Fanbase.
Remember the Bandana fans? Rex/Pyra? Isaac? Decidueyes?
They all slowly vanished as time passed and with the "leaks" becoming more and more truth. However, sadly for Dixie her fate was worst as it's just as you said.
The traction stopped once we got K.Rool

D

Deleted member

They all slowly vanished as time passed and with the "leaks" becoming more and more truth. However, sadly for Dixie her fate was worst as it's just as you said.
...Well, I still pull for Rex & Pyra, Bandana Waddle Dee, and Isaac...

Also NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy I see you with that Donnie Darko avatar

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dixie Kong would be rad, and to be completely honest I don't think I'll be fully satisfied with DK representation until we get her with DK, Diddy, and K. Rool.
Nobody will ever be satisfied with anything. It's always "more more more" :p

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah, speculation and fan desire go hand-in-hand with each other. Without hope, people just move on to their next most wanted characters.

That's my theory as to why the assist trophies in Smash 4 didn't get the votes they should've: because the poll was specifically for smash 4 DLC and nobody thought that deconfirmed characters were actually possible.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So would you main a character if the sex was uncertain?

asking for a friend

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, a lot of characters' support kinda died after E3, since everyone comprehended the popularity threshold better. Also Verge and box.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
How was this poll set up? Was it through nominations? Since looking at the base (which I'm assuming is this one), there seem to be a few characters absent....
Which character is missing, from the most requested ones? That poll has all the most requested characters by the fans, if it was left outside is probly due to it being obscure (even tho sakurai loves to add an obscure character in every entry).

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, speculation and fan desire go hand-in-hand with each other. Without hope, people just move on to their next most wanted characters.

That's my theory as to why the assist trophies in Smash 4 didn't get the votes they should've: because the poll was specifically for smash 4 DLC and nobody thought that deconfirmed characters were actually possible.
If I knew the ballot would be used for Ultimate I would've voted for Ashley, no question.

It's my greatest regret...

D

Deleted member

IIRC, wasn’t Dante on that Reddit fan poll? I could’ve sworn he was.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No but, those examples you mention still are rather popular except Decidueye as a lot of people bandwagoning it were just in it for the grass type and got their fix with Ivysaur. In this case, it just looks incredibly ****ing dickish as it seems K.Rool fans didn't actually care about more DK content but rather just their quota, meaning if DK had as much variety as Mario but no K.Rool, they'd still complain

osby

Smash Obsessed
If I knew the ballot would be used for Ultimate I would've voted for Ashley, no question.

I don't know if it would change much but yeah, that's why I kinda want DLC, since some characters simply didn't got much votes in the ballot, even if they are popular or make sense. Though it's too late for characters like Ashley.

D

Deleted member

i would like a proper sequel to Type Wild
maybe Sakurai should direct it too
Maybe with a roster that doesn't suck this time :V
What are you implying here Gwen? That the K.Rool fanbase doesn't actually care about others like they claimed to? That the supposed freindly fandom with Dixie was just a lie? The same way they abandoned the Ridley fanbase after Smash 4 and began trashing on any character that wasn't K.Rool, including Ridley AND Dixie? And how they ******* and whined about Corrin and Bayonetta, calling the Ballot rigged? Is this what you mean with that?

Last edited by a moderator:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Just a reminder that there's still nothing to disprove this.
Matt already disconfirmed Dante and that post was replied by that loon screaming about Toby while spamming that cropped Dante image
again, this was his "leak killer", posted months ago

no Isabelle and Richter, implying Chrom is unique, Funky Kong being priority, and "don't expect anyone else on the base roster" garbage
he even says Toby got fired but still screams about him XD

again, don't pay any mind to this loon. he's likely the smokescreener himself spamming rumors on /v/ daily

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Seriously though:

>"Smash Fan Polls mean absolutely nothing!"
>K. Rool and Ridley Constantly top polls
>K. Rool and Ridley are playable in Ultimate
>"Smash Fan Polls mean absolutely nothing!"
>Banjo, Isaac, and Geno constantly top polls
>???

Just saying.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I personally would've mashed that Lyn button like NO tomorrow.

Honestly, I hope they do another one and make it clear that this is what is going to be used for not just Ultimate DLC but future games in general.

That or a character creator design competition. That way there'd be far more quality submissions and far less people botting the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom