• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
One thing to take away from these fandom clashes is that a character getting in doesn't ever have an impact on another character getting in; whether they are from the same series or not.

So, really, it's kinda weird for Dixie fans to attack K. Rool fans or vice versa or whatever is happening. We just have to chill out sometimes.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That sounds awesome! :D If only those Primordial forms were real!
I'm actually pretty glad they aren't real. Pokemon power creep is bad enough already.

Just wait until the time Black and White remakes come around we get get Mega-Primal-Dawn-Mane-Ultra-Ash Kyurem and its signature Z-move, The Ice that Burns the Metagame.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sylux was always a request so surreal to me because his whole thing is based on the fact "he's GOING TO BE relevant". Like, the guy showed up in one Metroid spin off and then his ship is seen as a teaser and a bunch of people acts like he should definitely be the next Metroid character. He's literally the Boba Fett of Metroid.
Remember when the "remembah me?" guy was an honest to god serious request in Smash 4? Because I wish I didn't
He's become a fan favorite character in the series off the back of a 7 or so second clip from 10 years ago. I get the anticipation part of it, but I never felt that his popularity in the Metroid fanbase was warranted, atm he's literally just a design and that's that. Even in Hunters he's nothing special, which I feel is emphasised in that he only became popular after the Prime 3 teaser.

But hey, at least he's a better suggestion than Anthony Higgs.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually pretty glad they aren't real. Pokemon power creep is bad enough already.

Just wait until the time Black and White remakes come around we get get Mega-Primal-Dawn-Mane-Ultra-Ash Kyurem and its signature Z-move, The Ice that Burns the Metagame.
That would be both funny and chaotic.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sylux was always a request so surreal to me because his whole thing is based on the fact "he's GOING TO BE relevant". Like, the guy showed up in one Metroid spin off and then his ship is seen as a teaser and a bunch of people acts like he should definitely be the next Metroid character. He's literally the Boba Fett of Metroid.
Remember when the "remembah me?" guy was an honest to god serious request in Smash 4? Because I wish I didn't
Anthony Higgs is the one thing besides the music that people seem to universally like about Other M.

I think he's pretty cool. As a relative outsider to the Metroid series, getting a playable character from the Galactic Federation seems like a neat concept, and Higgs himself is cool.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Not quite a Smash leak but recently I had a dream I've been wanting to talk about. In it, Kyogre and Groudon both got new forms that were even larger and stronger then their Primal forms called "Primordial Forms". Primordial Groudon had attack and defense so ridiculous that it became the second Pokemon to be banned from Ubers. Meanwhile Primordial Kyogre was a Water/Ice type and no one used it over Primal Kyogre because ice typing downright sucks in competitive play.

It's been a good while since I've had frequent Pokemon dreams. Smash Brothers hype and Pokemon Trainer nostalgia is making me fall back in love with the series all over again.
Smogon and Smashboards use the same... erm, website engine for their forum design — I frequent both websites, and they have very similar structure. (Though, granted, I got banned from Smogon last July for excessive poll-jumping in the creation of CAP25, but the ban will expire on October 11, so I'll be heading back to check up on things.)

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If I knew the ballot would be used for Ultimate I would've voted for Ashley, no question.

It's my greatest regret...
I voted for Daisy and only Daisy.

No regrets.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Yeah, Sylux have always been this weird wanted promotional pick that often came with this weird "Dark Samus is dead in canon so i'm supporting this character that hasn't even started being important yet".
And Weavel was always the cooler and more unique hunter anyway.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
DK and Diddy were just fine enough if you really mean representation as a factor, not that I didn’t want K.Rool or Dixie but it’s always how there’s little support for Yoshi and Wario newcomers yet with DK it’s a whole other thing.

Sakurai probably treated it as another Mario sub-series up until Ultimate.

That’s pretty much how we all felt lol, I would’ve voted for Banjo or Waluigi in a heartbeat.
I wish I would have voted for multiple characters more than once, I just had to go and be all for equal opportunity.

I can understand for Yoshi, but most Wario characters have been under Ashley's huge shadow for years. It wasn't until Ultimate that her fans even considered maybe paying attention to the others.

Yeah, Sylux have always been this weird wanted promotional pick that often came with this weird "Dark Samus is dead in canon so i'm supporting this character that hasn't even started being important yet".
And Weavel was always the cooler and more unique hunter anyway.
Well, I'm more for Trace and Kanden myself.

I mean seriously, the latter, a super soldier experiment gone awry? He's Metroid's Nemesis equivalent!

That being said, I would still want all those hunters in there.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Is it unpopular opinion time? Everyone's talking about Tales of or Tekken being the Bandai Namco rep, but what I really want as the Bandai Namco rep is The Idolmaster. The only person I've seen mention The Idolmaster in Smash was Papa Geno's because he was going over a fake leak that had The Idolmaster in it, but I think The Idolmaster could work in Smash. It's hugely popular in Japan, and though it's mostly Japan-exclusive aside from a few games, Fire Emblem was Japan-exclusive and still got in Melee. Although the characters in The Idolmaster don't fight, plenty of Smash characters don't fight in their own games. Also, it originated as a videogame. And as I mentioned before, it was made by Bandai Namco. Now do I think it's likely to be in Smash? No, not at all likely, but it's still possible, and I really, really want it to be in

Pakky

Smash Hero
If I knew the ballot would be used for Ultimate I would've voted for Ashley, no question.

It's my greatest regret...
I voted for :ultkrool:&:ultridley: I'm feeling pretty dank
Though my sweet baby boy is in danger :(

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Anthony Higgs is the one thing besides the music that people seem to universally like about Other M.

I think he's pretty cool. As a relative outsider to the Metroid series, getting a playable character from the Galactic Federation seems like a neat concept, and Higgs himself is cool.
I think the other thing from Other M that really should be remembered fondly (by developers at least) is the cinematic mode. Having the option to play the game's story like a movie with no player input is actually a very good idea-- if it were used on a game with a better story.

Sometimes I want to experience a game's story again but don't want to sink 20+ hours into all that gameplay I've already done before, you know?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
May I ask why not?
It's good to be skeptical but I feel the Switch announcement REALLY adds in his favor
It's more that Hitagi backpedaled from "Guys! He's playable!" To "He's in the game in some form". That tells me he may have jumped the gun. MAY.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I would have thought that the Forbidden 7 thing might have boosted Dixie's popularity for Smash 4.
Well that and Tropical Freeze helped but it's kind of sticky situation with Rool being included first(not to mention a bit of a base breaker issue regarding how she should be either a semi clone or doomed as an echo, many of her diehard fans don't like the echo treatment where's the more passive or desperate ones are okay with it.) I'm still not throwing the towel just yet.

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy I just want to point out that I'm not getting on Rool's fan base but I just don't like how some people act like I shouldn't support her because of K. Rool being included already and claim DK fans just want more faces on the character selection screen, I actually want to play as Dixie in Smash and I'm sure many feel that way when it comes to their most wanted.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think the other thing from Other M that really should be remembered fondly (by developers at least) is the cinematic mode. Having the option to play the game's story like a movie with no player input is actually a very good idea-- if it were used on a game with a better story.

Sometimes I want to experience a game's story again but don't want to sink 20+ hours into all that gameplay I've already done before, you know?
It would have been the perfect feature to please those so-called reviewers that want skippable gameplay. Maybe someday a different game will make it catch on.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
That sounds awesome! :D If only those Primordial forms were real!

I don't think I've ever had a Pokémon dream—the only game dreams I've had are some Undertale ones and a Legend of Zelda dream a few nights ago that gave me the quote in my signature because Skull Kid got super philosophical.
I once had a Pokémon dream that I ended up making a whole Pokémon concept out of — the mental image I had in my dream was essentially "aquatic Petilil", but during the design, I retooled it into a bromeliad Pokémon and a counterpart of Cherrim.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It would have been the perfect feature to please those so-called reviewers that want skippable gameplay. Maybe someday a different game will make it catch on.
Okay, I'm genuinely curious. Can you elaborate on "so-called reviewers"? I'm not sure what you're implying.

I mean, they have to review the gameplay. Not touching the controller kind of makes it hard to do that.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
It's more that Hitagi backpedaled from "Guys! He's playable!" To "He's in the game in some form". That tells me he may have jumped the gun. MAY.
I agree. I think he did jump the gun. I could see a Minecraft assist trophy or item, but I'm not so sure Sakurai would want to make him an all-out playable character. I used to think his chances were amazingly good, but now I'm not so sure

Untouch

Smash Master
So there will be a new Switch model?
As Senjou said when he leaked Steve?

I don't see the problem?
Several "leakers" have said there will be a switch revision.
Hitagi said it will be a Switch+ with a Tegra X2, WSJ said their source doesn't know the specs or what they're doing with it since the plans are very early.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd be more with people saying "oh, that's just a rumor" over the new Switch if it came from somewhere like NintendoEverything or something. No, this came from the Wall Street Journal. That gives it really, REALLY good chances of being real. WSJ doesn't report on something like that if they have even a sliver of a thought it's not true.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What if Geno gets in and people start complaining that he stole Sora's spot?
Hopefully we're not in this planet because there no reason for this to happens, since Sora fans knows his difficulty to gets in.
There will be idiot everywhere...

However, if Sora gets in and not geno....Now it's going to be a ****storm in this forum that I don't want to look at. Especially with the """"kind""""" words the Support thread had for this thread here because people DARE think about other Square-Rep than Geno

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I once had a Pokémon dream that I ended up making a whole Pokémon concept out of — the mental image I had in my dream was essentially "aquatic Petilil", but during the design, I retooled it into a bromeliad Pokémon and a counterpart of Cherrim.
That sounds cool! If you have pictures you did of them I'd love to see them in a message! (So we don't clog up the thread, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom