• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I saw 48 alerts like I ****ed something up and it just turned out I got a lot of likes for one of my posts. that was fun i guess :090:

also unironically sans you cannot make a better choice dont @ me

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think it's entirely possible to have both Incineroar and at least 3-5 characters left. Just sayin'.

It was uploaded to Youtube on the Albino Sheep account 10 years ago. It first debuted in 2005... on New Grounds!

Man, the NG days were wild. Flash animations like Super Mario Z, Perfect Kirby, Thwomp The Movie ;), Bowsers Kingdom... and all the flash games that ranged from addictive to traumatizing! #NewGroundsguyinsidethetankforSmash
Ah yes, the original home of Alien Hominid, and it still has those hilarious Pillsbury Doughboy bloopers.

I also remember it used to have a shmup demo about Americans in the future breaking into a planet claimed by the Russians and Germans, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Nah, it should totally be Mad Mew Mew because of the Switch release. :p
Why not both? One for the moe fans, the other for the Jojokes.

All those good things about the game, and it perplexes me evertime I ask myself why it was never a huge hit, regardless I'll still keep supporting her till the end no matter what no regrets, she has a chance no matter how big or small that chance may be.
Part of that is due to Capcom (and Inafune) killing off Clover Studio for no good reason at all other than "muh American devs I can outsource games to".

Seriously, it's a wonder we even got Okamiden at all.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sans is a pick that I don't really want, but I'll accept because he offers a lot to the table as a playable character. Frisk is another "I don't want them but I'll take them" character and they actually offer more.

Then you got my personal pick Papyrus, who offers less than Frisk or Sans yet has enough to be an interesting and unique character.

Honestly, the top three have great moveset potential and they all have something new to bring. Will they ever happen? Well, we jumped strange hurdles in the past and DLC is a thing, so I believe they have a sporting chance.

D

Deleted member

But for real though, I don't see Undertale, or any Inde rep for that matter, getting in Smash for a long time. Those kinds of characters seem like a such a longshot to me. I'm surprised we even got Shovel Knight as as assist.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
So how about something new? From your favorite series that is not in Smash that you want to see get in Smash, what is your favorite game from thoses series?

For me;
Shin Megami Tensei: Shin Megami Tensei IV
Devil May Cry: Tie between Devil May Cry 3 and Devil May Cry 4
Resident Evil: Resident Evil 4
Yakuza: Yakuza 0
Ninja Gaiden: Ninja Gaiden II (Xbox game, not SNES)
Contra: Contra Shattered Soldier
DOOM: Doom 4
Banjo Kazooie: Banjo Kazooie
Digimon: Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Shantae: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Touhou: Imperishable Night

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Have the characters you guys use have changed over time? As a kid I played as Kirby, pokemon, and Sonic. Now I use more realistic characters like Marth and I'm looking forward to Ridley and Ritcher. Each iteration influences my choices since I like to use the newer characters because they're new and exclusive.
I have a much larger arsenal of characters then I used to, and I don't play Lucario as much as I did back in Brawl, but I'm still a Pokemon Trainer through and through. Stuck with Zard for most of Smash 4's lifespan and will stick with the whole team throughout all of Ultimate's.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If we gonna have a "Mr. Indie" then we gotta have my boy, Quote.
014_2.jpg

Shoutouts to the support thread.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There's an extreme difference between that and what I'm talking about. DMC pioneered the genre that Bayonetta is now famous for.
I understand the history of DMC. But the argument of "same guy made them both" just isn't a good argument.

There are a lot of gaming icons that pioneered their sections of the industry. Just because Dante shares a creator with Bayonetta doesn't make him any more deserving than any other gaming icon that isn't affiliated with Nintendo. It ultimately comes down to what Sakurai asks for, what Nintendo wants to push, and what negotiations don't fall through. The only reason Bayonetta really made it in in the first place is the exclusive Nintendo partnership for Bayonetta 2.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sans is a pick that I don't really want, but I'll accept because he offers a lot to the table as a playable character. Frisk is another "I don't want them but I'll take them" character and they actually offer more.

Then you got my personal pick Papyrus, who offers less than Frisk or Sans yet has enough to be an interesting and unique character.

Honestly, the top three have great moveset potential and they all have something new to bring. Will they ever happen? Well, we jumped strange hurdles in the past and DLC is a thing, so I believe they have a sporting chance.
I want both skelebros to be in, this is the perfect game for sibling duos. Gotta let Undertale's Mario come with their Luigi.

D

Deleted member

Umm... are we really stooping so low to talking about Sans in Smash?...
I guess so. December never seemed so far away...

So, if you were to change some characters moveset, who's moveset would you change and how would you change it?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
So how about something new? From your favorite series that is not in Smash that you want to see get in Smash, what is your favorite game from thoses series?

For me;
Dark Souls: Dark Souls 1
Eventhough it has no absolute chance in literally any universe.

My favorite series of all time is The Legend of Heroes series, more specfically it's Trails/Kiseki branch: Which game? I can't really say one as all current 9 games in the franchise are so intertwined with each other that saying one would do a diservice to the other 8.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This Undertale talk is really tempting me to force in an unfunny "but we already have Ness" joke just to get everyone to collectively roll their eyes at me. You guys are lucky I have self control.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d. Sorry folks, I tried.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This Undertale talk is really tempting me to force in an unfunny "but we already have Ness" joke just to get everyone to collectively roll their eyes at me. You guys are lucky I have self control.
I did it for you. I have no self restraint when it comes to Sans is Ness jokes.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I guess so. December never seemed so far away...

So, if you were to change some characters moveset, who's moveset would you change and how would you change it?
Change Ganondorf completley and give his pre ultimate moveset to Hades from Kid Icarus...

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
You were beaten to it anyways.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

For me;
Dark Souls: Dark Souls 1
Not all of them are my favorite series of all time but I'd like to see all of them in Smash one way or another
Banjo Kazooie- Banjo Kazooie
Rayman- Rayman Legends
DOOM- DOOM (love 2016, but love the og one even more)
Mortal Kombat- Mortal Kombat X
Halo- Halo 2
Minecraft... Minecraft

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
It’s tough being a Ness main when you’re dealing with constant unfunny Ness is Sans jokes.

Anyway, Undertale content ain’t happening. It’ll be lucky to get a single trophy or Assist.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'm just waiting for Ken.

We know he's in due to the leak, I just want to see his full render.
Agree, I also want to see the differences they put in, both aesthetic and gameplay wise.

Honestly with how many SF tracks there are I'm hoping we also get a new SF assist. Someone like Zangief or Sagat would be awesome.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I wouldn't change much, but one thing comes to mind is please give me a Ganondorf dark ball tennis match attack!

But honestly until I play the game, I can't say for certain.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
The end of the world is approaching, and you need to reset your clock...
In all seriousness though, I feel like this month is the last chance for Skull Kid's reveal. I know there is a chance it won't happen, but Sakurai seems to be focusing on fan-favorites, if you will recall the ballot for Smash 4.
It was written, and I'd like to say it again: 'Ballot results may be used for future Smash games'.
I feel like October is the perfect time for him. Why not a little spooking with him?

BOO

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Because Smash speculation is supposed to be fun? If someone is having fun speculating their 0.0001% chance character then I don't see a reason to stop them.
People have given me so so so so much hell for wanting Shantae but I have FUN talking about the possibility of Shantae in Smash, I've started a thing on Twitter of drawing Shantae every single day will Wayforward says something about her in Smash Bros. I've met a lot of different Shantae fans because of it and became friends with them. Is she unlikely? Hell yes, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna talk about it or enjoy myself with the idea of her being playable. That's just...leaving good experiences on the table.
As I see it, everyone should have the right to voice whoever they want. If they set themselves up for disappointment, they should know what they're getting into before devoting themselves to a character. If shantae doesn't make it, I can make peace with that and still have fun with Ultimate.

If you're asking what people will do when the game is out, uh? Play the character? This is like asking "yeah sure, you saved up to get a car, but what are you gonna do with the car? It's just a thing after all", like, I'm gonna drive that thing bruv. If Shantae gets in smash she's a day 1 main, son.
I mean the analogy of the car is not comparable but i do get your point tho, it boils down to your concept of fun. Alright, thanks for the reply.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Everyone's still questioning if Sans will be revealed as a Ness echo...

The real question we should be asking is if Pope Francis will make it in as an assist trophy. He could throw copies of Undertale at opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom