• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Let’s change topic in Smash. Since we have 103 stages is there any like 10 stages your looking forward to play that have been remake?

For me

1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Mushroom Kingdom
3. Corneria
4. Four Side
5. Distant planet
6. Pokémon Stadium
7. Reset Bomb Forest
8. 3D Land
9. Dream Land GB
10. Mute City SNES
  1. Fountain of Dreams
  2. Rainbow Cruise
  3. Reset Bomb Forest
  4. Green Hill Zone
  5. Fourside
  6. Brinstar Depths
  7. Big Blue
  8. 3D Land
  9. Arena Ferox
  10. Gerudo Valley

Hopefully Rainbow Road aswell

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That’ll do it, then. After years of hearing 2:00am in tournament, I’ve grown to despise that stage. At least in Ultimate, I’ll be able to use Bubblegum K.K. on Smashville. That’ll make it a little better.
The music change is one of the best changes for Ultimate tbh

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That’ll do it, then. After years of hearing 2:00am in tournament, I’ve grown to despise that stage. At least in Ultimate, I’ll be able to use Bubblegum K.K. on Smashville. That’ll make it a little better.
Don't forget about Totaka's rocking out version of Happy Home Designer's title theme. Still can't believe that managed to exist. :b:

That said, I am pretty tolerant of stages overall, so I can't say I really hate any per se.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I

U mean Bowsette right?
Man, just imagine if this whole Bowsette business had started back in the Wii U era. That might actually have been plausible. Granted, the fact that while her trend has slowed down, it's still running at a strong moderate pace, who knows? Doubt she'd be made in time for placement #69, unless she somehow fits as an echo for whoever that is though. Lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Man, just imagine if this whole Bowsette business had started back in the Wii U era. That might actually have been plausible. Granted, the fact that while her trend has slowed down, it's still running at a strong moderate pace, who knows? Doubt she'd be made in time for placement #69, unless she somehow fits as an echo for whoever that is though. Lol.
Bowsette...the echo of both :ultpeach:and:ultbowser:...yes please

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Let’s change topic in Smash. Since we have 103 stages is there any like 10 stages your looking forward to play that have been remake?

For me

1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Mushroom Kingdom
3. Corneria
4. Four Side
5. Distant planet
6. Pokémon Stadium
7. Reset Bomb Forest
8. 3D Land
9. Dream Land GB
10. Mute City SNES

Can’t really think of 10 at the moment, but I guess I’d like to see Fourside and Corneria.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That depends on whether or not guitarist Rosalina will make her old news faster than expected.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Since were doing the 10 levels thing, here are the ones I cant wait to play
1. Kongo Falls
2. Draculas Castle
3. New Donk City Hall
4. Fountain Of Dreams
5. Fourside
6. Great Plateau Tower
7. Moray Towers
8. Great Bay
9. Mushroom Kingdom II
10. Pac Land (its a good level you guys are just mean)

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
So, out of these third party candidates I'm listing below, I'd like you to rank them on how "hype" they would be to you.

The canidates are:
Zero (Mega Man X)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Jin Kazma (Tekken)
Dark Souls Protagonist (Dark Souls)
Llyod Irving (Tales of series)
Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Bill Rizier (Contra)
Doomguy (DOOM)
Rayman (...Rayman)

It'd help if you would rank them by number. Oh, an feel free to give me your reason/thoughts. I love reading your guys opinions :).
I'll list my Top 4 of these that I think would make most people happy. (With one bonus pick of my own)

5. Lloyd Irving - He got a Mii Outfit so I assumed he was quite popular. Never played his games, but I hear his name more than half of the names on that list.

4. Doomguy - I can honestly see this happening. Would be a very neat retro 3rd party pick!

3. Sora - Not going to lie..Sora is in my favorite game of all time. He would add plenty to the mix with his iconic Keyblade and maybe even the Trinity Limit for his FS. Would love to see this happen.

2. Rayman - So he is already in Brawhalla....with Shovel Knight. I think if we saw Rayman now, it would reignite a lot of the 3rd party hype in general. I actually don't think he is happening now. He may be an AT like SN if anything..sadly.

1. Crash - I can't leave this one out. This character is the all time best and most deserving Sony gaming icon imo, and him being included would blow minds similar to Cloud Strife.

Due to the simple fact that he is owned by a supposedly greedy company (Activision), most people wouldn't see this one even in their wildest dreams, but for me, this game is missing a single big-time gaming icon that isn't Mario, Link, Sonic, Pacman, Megaman, or Cloud...

Crash Bandicoot will be in base or DLC if Sakurai is really the genious we know he is, or maybe a crazy cool pick like Agumon. Pokemon vs Digimon would be quite an accomplishment Sakurai.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Luffy is getting in before Goku is...
I mean, if you're going strictly by sales figures, then this is true.
The closest things we have to hints are Smash-related - the Japanese playlist for Smash Ultimate's character trailers updated three days ago (pointing to a new character being shown off in about a week, since the last times that this happened were before the previous two Directs), and the "New" marker disappeared off of the Smash website's main page (which usually happens before a character reveal).

Nothing concrete, though.
I'm wondering if they'll do a sole character reveal like they did for Robin/Lucina. I'd imagine they'd rather keep the more in-depth reveals (i.e. Spirits) for November.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
You know, as much as I want to agree with everything you say, you do realize if you end up being wrong people are going to spam you and SourceGaming and the rest of everyone who tried to temper expectations with at the very least cries of “I told you so” and at the very most, death threats, because that’s how the Smash community is.
I think you are overexaggerating the stupidity and toxicity of at least the smashboards community, and i do think that this community is way above that. (and considering is here where he/she is posting, yeah.

That being said, if there are idiots reading this, i will also say it. Temper your expectations, is perfectly pausible we only get 2 more newcomers and 0 extra stages (at least noteworthy stages), so be free to add me to the list of people to send "you are wrong" pms.. although if you think that i will care or give 2 cents about your rant instead of watching those juiciy trailers and comenting those juicy newcomers in which i was wrong to not expect, well... thougth luck :p

Regarding the hypothetical direct, I don't think we will get notice of DLC on that direct. yeah i know, but mewtwo.... but at least mewtwo was announced aftere the game came out (for 3ds)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
10. Pac Land (its a good level you guys are just mean)
I'm of the opinion that people would like it a little better if it was the Famicom version instead.

2. Rayman - So he is already in Brawhalla....with Shovel Knight. I think if we saw Rayman now, it would reignite a lot of the 3rd party hype in general. I actually don't think he is happening now. He may be an AT like SN if anything..sadly.
I must reiterate that having him in as an AT would be absurd, when Sukapon already fulfills the uniqueness of having a limbless AT.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I think you are overexaggerating the stupidity and toxicity of at least the smashboards community, and i do think that this community is way above that. (and considering is here where he/she is posting, yeah.

That being said, if there are idiots reading this, i will also say it. Temper your expectations, is perfectly pausible we only get 2 more newcomers and 0 extra stages (at least noteworthy stages), so be free to add me to the list of people to send "you are wrong" pms.. although if you think that i will care or give 2 cents about your rant instead of watching those juiciy trailers and comenting those juicy newcomers in which i was wrong to not expect, well... thougth luck :p

Regarding the hypothetical direct, I don't think we will get notice of DLC on that direct. yeah i know, but mewtwo.... but at least mewtwo was announced before the game came out (for 3ds)
I’m not talking about just Smashboards, I’m talking about the Smash community as a whole.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
That depends on whether or not guitarist Rosalina will make her old news faster than expected.
Not likely for a few reasons.
1. If anything news about Guitarist Rosalina is gonna remind dedicated fans that Bowsette was almost canon and thus the cycle begins anew.

2. Going off of trends on sites like KnowYourMeme, 4chan, twitter, etc, while Guitarist Rosalina is popular, doesn't look like she's de-throwning Bowsette as the long haul, Heck, KYM still has had Bowsette and the Super Crown as the "Top Galleries of the Day" consistently.

3. Likely fans of one thing might join with the others given their shared source from the artbook.

4. Don't underestimate the power of Rule 63, tasteful or otherwise.

5. Let's just say the "Bowsette" thing is something that's managed to stretch into MANY different medias, some actually making notable money for one reason or another to the point where you can bet it's a trend Nintendo can make money off of.

6.The timing. Halloween, that fan convention, a Doujin event, not to mention the other upcoming holidays, allow spell "revitalization".

7, Just take a look at almost any site and see which gets talked about more. The Bowsette trend has the added power of getting people who hate to say they can't wait for it to die, not realizing that they're only helping the traffic in the long run.

Pardon my list there. I'm a Communications major in college. Marketing and social media tend to be part of the course. Granted, I won't be surprised if Guitarist Rosalina does catch on, but I'm not quite sure it's in competition with Bowsette. I mean, the fact alone that Bowsette is tied to an older character along with two recent games (Odyssey and U Deluxe) kinda give it that edge too over a scrapped concept for a character who's last main appearance was a whiles ago in 3D World.

Not that I dislike Rosalina. Far from it. In the best case of scenario we get Bowsette AND Guitarist Rosalina both canon.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

For me

1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Mushroom Kingdom
3. Corneria
4. Four Side
5. Distant planet
6. Pokémon Stadium
7. Reset Bomb Forest
8. 3D Land
9. Dream Land GB
10. Mute City SNES
1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Kongo Falls
3. Brinstar Depths
4. Gerudo Valley
5. Magicant
6. Unova pokemon league
7. Prism Tower
8. Dream Land GB
9. Mute City SNES
10. Corneria

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Your dedication to pointless pessimism is getting annoying. If you hate this community so much then leave.
I don’t hate Smashboards and most of that pessimism stuff I was peddling a week ago was just reply bait anyways. I’m over it now.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Also Dante has way more moveset potential than a MH rep and Pheonix Wright combined tbh.
Maybe against "Pheonix" whoever he is. But Phoenix Wright would object to that logic. Kek. All joking aside, don't underestimate Phoenix's capabilities. "Anime power visual" character like him tend to bring a lot of the hyping goods as stuff like UMVC3 or PXZ2 have shown.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Maybe against "Pheonix" whoever he is. But Phoenix Wright would object to that logic. Kek. All joking aside, don't underestimate Phoenix's capabilities. "Anime power visual" character like him tend to bring a lot of the hyping goods as stuff like UMVC3 or PXZ2 have shown.
Dante still has far more. You could make like five kits for him and still have plenty of stuff to work with.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not likely for a few reasons.
1. If anything news about Guitarist Rosalina is gonna remind dedicated fans that Bowsette was almost canon and thus the cycle begins anew.

2. Going off of trends on sites like KnowYourMeme, 4chan, twitter, etc, while Guitarist Rosalina is popular, doesn't look like she's de-throwning Bowsette as the long haul, Heck, KYM still has had Bowsette and the Super Crown as the "Top Galleries of the Day" consistently.

3. Likely fans of one thing might join with the others given their shared source from the artbook.

4. Don't underestimate the power of Rule 63, tasteful or otherwise.

5. Let's just say the "Bowsette" thing is something that's managed to stretch into MANY different medias, some actually making notable money for one reason or another to the point where you can bet it's a trend Nintendo can make money off of.

6.The timing. Halloween, that fan convention, a Doujin event, not to mention the other upcoming holidays, allow spell "revitalization".

7, Just take a look at almost any site and see which gets talked about more. The Bowsette trend has the added power of getting people who hate to say they can't wait for it to die, not realizing that they're only helping the traffic in the long run.

Pardon my list there. I'm a Communications major in college. Marketing and social media tend to be part of the course. Granted, I won't be surprised if Guitarist Rosalina does catch on, but I'm not quite sure it's in competition with Bowsette. I mean, the fact alone that Bowsette is tied to an older character along with two recent games (Odyssey and U Deluxe) kinda give it that edge too over a scrapped concept for a character who's last main appearance was a whiles ago in 3D World.

Not that I dislike Rosalina. Far from it. In the best case of scenario we get Bowsette AND Guitarist Rosalina both canon.
That's fair, although with the way Nintendo has been protecting its IP recently, I think they'd know to make a design that stands out enough from fan interpretations to not seem like a ripoff. The only question is finding the proper context to use such a concept in.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If you don't like the Smash community then leave. I don't blame you for leaving with that reason in tow. But staying here just to talk about how much you dislike the community... Like I wish I had that sort of free time. Lol

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
If you don't like the Smash community then leave. I don't blame you for leaving with that reason in tow. But staying here just to talk about how much you dislike the community... Like I wish I had that sort of free time. Lol
I suppose it is getting a bit boring. I like the people here generally so I’m not going to leave, it’s simply that my perception of the Smash community at large has grown sour over time.
Besides, it’s not like there’s much else I can think of to talk about that’s any better than this. Though the possibility of a character reveal next week is an interesting development. It could be Incineroar, but any new character at all is, quite frankly, fine in my book.
Perhaps speculation really has taken a toll on my mental state.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Dante still has far more. You could make like five kits for him and still have plenty of stuff to work with.
Eh, well with a character as crazy as him, sure yes. Though admittedly, it's a little "too easy", given his nature. Granted, that could be a benefit for his chances and so long as they don't use his designs from DMC 2 or 3, I'm okay with that.

But still, it feels like if anything, Phoenix Wright would be the door to more untapped potential if only because he's not quite a traditional fighter, but one can adapt to fight with crazy abilities you can't always see coming just because of that.

Special mention goes to Project x Zone 2 story wise showing how he can put up situations.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why is Sheik referenced as a male on the Smashbros.com website?? It's kinda disturbing...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Eh, well with a character as crazy as him, sure yes. Though admittedly, it's a little "too easy", given his nature. Granted, that could be a benefit for his chances and so long as they don't use his designs from DMC 2 or 3, I'm okay with that.

But still, it feels like if anything, Phoenix Wright would be the door to more untapped potential if only because he's not quite a traditional fighter, but one can adapt to fight with crazy abilities you can't always see coming just because of that.

Special mention goes to Project x Zone 2 story wise showing how he can put up situations.
As a fan of Nick, there's just no way he has the same amount of moveset potential as a guy who has a million billion weapons and fighting styles

Grevmak

Smash Cadet
Idk about this Gohkoh guy, but Boruto's dad is a cool lad so I want him instead! /s

Doom Guy, Isaac, Skull Kid, Crash, and Spyro would be the characters of which I'd be pretty happy if 1 got in. All of them could have fun playstyles and bring something unique to the table on top of being not-too-unlikely.

Also, Bowsette won't happen. Game's probably been done for like 3 months and they're only fixing bugs, working out the last animation kinks, rebalancing the game, stuff like that.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It'd be really funny if the next reveal was someone no one has on their fake leaks, like the Fatal Frame girl or Sophie from Style Savvy or something. Something that'd send people into a frenzy.

It's not my prediction but I'd laugh.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
As a fan of Nick, there's just no way he has the same amount of moveset potential as a guy who has a million billion weapons and fighting styles
Phoenix literally already has a moveset, though. The only obstacle is translating his MVC moveset into a Smash one, which frankly shouldn’t be that hard.
Now granted, he definitely doesn’t have as much moveset potential as Dante, so I see your point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My ten stages.

1. Fourside
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Brinstar Depths
4. New Donk City Hall
5. Port Town Aero Dive
6. Town & City
7. Garden of Hope
8. Dracula's Castle
9. Unova Pokemon League
10. Shadow Moses Island

I'm particularly interested in seeing how Shadow Moses Island will be adjusted, and if any new Metal Gears will be making cameos.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It'd be really funny if the next reveal was someone no one has on their fake leaks, like the Fatal Frame girl or Sophie from Style Savvy or something. Something that'd send people into a frenzy.

Style Savvy would be dope, not just for the creativity and branching out of IPs but because the people who are insecure about their masculinity will whine like they did with Isabelle

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Why is Sheik referenced as a male on the Smashbros.com website?? It's kinda disturbing...
Pretty sure it's an error...

Style Savvy is legit one of my most wanted characters

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
The new AC remixes have been more fast paced and suited for Smash. Hopefully people will use them in tournaments now insteax, the slow paced music really kills the vibe.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Style Savvy would be dope, not just for the creativity and branching out of IPs but because the people who are insecure about their masculinity will whine like they did with Isabelle
That'd own honestly. There's no downsides here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom