• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking of dlc characters, I really hope they get full cgi trailers this time. In a way characters like Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta didn't really need them and their announcement was enough, but I would have perferrerd cool trailers for them too. It's honestly the most exciting part of the newcomer reveals and I'm so glad it started in Smash 4.
It's a budget thing, the DLC has a significantly smaller budget than the main game though I'd love a CGI trailer of Dante and Bayonetta ****ing around while everyone gets shot

Pakky

Smash Hero

Stop fighting daddy can main you both :ultridley::ultmewtwo: D:

Check that 'B-air?' at 2:30

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So the "New" tag has finally been removed from the Chracter tab.

Are there any Direct rumors doing the rounds? What dates if any?

Graizen

Smash Champion
The 3 most Hype characters to enter Smash in my opinion:

Banjo: Everyone wants him.
Crash Bandicoot: Crash vs Mario vs Sonic
Agumon: Digimon vs Pokémon

These 3 would explode the internet easy

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think geno makes more sense for that role tbh, he's been highly requested longer, he's owned by square who's already involved in the game and he got a mii costume. If Banjo gets in it'll be through dlc imo.
a) Geno and Banjo have been requested for the same amount of time--since Melee. The difference being, most people gave up hope given Banjo was no longer owned by Nintendo, which goes to your second point
b) We have reason to suspect Microsoft might be involved in the game, and given Banjo was likely a popular ballot choice, could have initiated the discussions between Smash and Microsoft in the first place (that being said, knowing Square is in is more compelling than suspecting Microsoft is in)
c) Square was already in 4, so it made sense to also try to get a Mii Costume for a non-playable character when negotiating Cloud--it's comparing apples to oranges as Microsoft wasn't involved in 4

It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Let’s change topic in Smash. Since we have 103 stages is there any like 10 stages your looking forward to play that have been remake?

For me

1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Mushroom Kingdom
3. Corneria
4. Four Side
5. Distant planet
6. Pokémon Stadium
7. Reset Bomb Forest
8. 3D Land
9. Dream Land GB
10. Mute City SNES

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Speaking of dlc characters, I really hope they get full cgi trailers this time. In a way characters like Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta didn't really need them and their announcement was enough, but I would have perferrerd cool trailers for them too. It's honestly the most exciting part of the newcomer reveals and I'm so glad it started in Smash 4.
It's a budget thing, the DLC has a significantly smaller budget than the main game though I'd love a CGI trailer of Dante and Bayonetta ****ing around while everyone gets shot
Yeah, third-party DLC is underscored when it doesn't have such fancy treatment. That said, I'm confident they'll be able to afford doing that this time around, with the combined sales of physical, digital and DLC releases from 4, amongst additional third-party company support (potentially).

Back on the topic of stages, I don't think :ultwario: will be getting any new ones, especially since Gamer is featured in Warioware Gold anyway.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Even so:

a) There’s no way to prove that this is the last Smash, it’s a huge moneymaker for Nintendo and they’re highly unlikely to drop it with or without Sakurai.
b) DLC support is likely to continue for quite a while, so even if your favourite character isn’t in the game on Dec.7 you still have a chance.
c) Be patient and don’t act like everything is full of doom and gloom when you’re getting a 70+ character, 100+ stage game for MSRP.
Oh, I know. People are dumb, some thought Smash 4 was the last one (for Sakurai) as well..

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
a) Geno and Banjo have been requested for the same amount of time--since Melee. The difference being, most people gave up hope given Banjo was no longer owned by Nintendo, which goes to your second point
b) We have reason to suspect Microsoft might be involved in the game, and given Banjo was likely a popular ballot choice, could have initiated the discussions between Smash and Microsoft in the first place (that being said, knowing Square is in is more compelling than suspecting Microsoft is in)
c) Square was already in 4, so it made sense to also try to get a Mii Costume for a non-playable character when negotiating Cloud--it's comparing apples to oranges as Microsoft wasn't involved in 4

It doesn't have to be one or the other.
They've both been requested since melee but Geno was requested for brawl and even smash 4 in a way that Banjo wasn't, he just seems more popular among the smash fanbase in general imo.

Could be both but I don't see both getting in in the base game at least. Banjo makes a lot of sense as a DLC fighter imo, he'd appeal to a wider audience as a standalone character than geno would.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let’s change topic in Smash. Since we have 103 stages is there any like 10 stages your looking forward to play that have been remake?

For me

1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Mushroom Kingdom
3. Corneria
4. Four Side
5. Distant planet
6. Pokémon Stadium
7. Reset Bomb Forest
8. 3D Land
9. Dream Land GB
10. Mute City SNES
Fourside
Spear Pillar
New Pork City
Princess Peach’s Castle
Pokémon Stadium
Saffron City
Kongo Falls
Venom
Shadow Moses Island
Great Bay

I barred myself from picking any stages from either version of Smash 4.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Mostly just the Gamefaqs scene that's saying that, they're acting like kids that don't like cooties.
Thanks for reminding me why I should never go back to game FAQ's. It's probably among the worst place to be in cause it's clogged with idiots who are very pessimistic about almost anything.
I still remember some moron call me a lolicon cause I use Pink Diddy, Pink Villager and Bow Jigglypuff, they just love to make others angry with comments like that.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

For me

1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Mushroom Kingdom
3. Corneria
4. Four Side
5. Distant planet
6. Pokémon Stadium
7. Reset Bomb Forest
8. 3D Land
9. Dream Land GB
10. Mute City SNES
I honestly can't give a list on what I'd want to play since well, I'd just have to wait for the game to be out and decide... besides Palutena's Temple and Fountain of Dreams for snapshots. At this point, just seeing stages from older games and 3ds stages in HD with new looks is an impressive treat by itself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, as much as I want to agree with everything you say, you do realize if you end up being wrong people are going to spam you and SourceGaming and the rest of everyone who tried to temper expectations with at the very least cries of “I told you so” and at the very most, death threats, because that’s how the Smash community is.
I doubt I'll get any death threats considering I'm just some random dude on the internte but if I did I would screenshot them all and post a compilation of them.

For me

1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Mushroom Kingdom
3. Corneria
4. Four Side
5. Distant planet
6. Pokémon Stadium
7. Reset Bomb Forest
8. 3D Land
9. Dream Land GB
10. Mute City SNES
  1. Unova Pokemon League
  2. N's Castle
  3. Unova's Pokemon League
  4. Castle of N
  5. The place where you fight Univa's Elite Four
  6. Unova Pokemon League Being Attacked by Team Plasma
  7. Unova Pokemon League with hazards turned off
  8. Omega Form Unova Pokemon League
  9. Battlefield Form Unova Pokemon League
  10. Unova Pokemon League(1080p HD 60fps)
Did I miss any?

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Looking at Ridley and K. Rool reveals, there was a lot of people who said that they were memes, bottom of the barrel or obvious choices, but in general they were a bit known. But still they are not Sonic, not Pacman, not Cloud, not Ryu. I don't see Geno becoming a big deal outside of their supporters, most of people will say 'The who is that?'

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

For me

1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Mushroom Kingdom
3. Corneria
4. Four Side
5. Distant planet
6. Pokémon Stadium
7. Reset Bomb Forest
8. 3D Land
9. Dream Land GB
10. Mute City SNES
1. Hanenbow
2. Dracula's Castle
3. Gerudo Valley
4. Luigi's Mansion
5. Palutena's Temple omega form
6. Unova Pokemon League with hazards turned off
7. Fountain of Dreams
8. Shadow Moses Island
9. Pirate Ship
10. Final Destination

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh, I know. People are dumb, some thought Smash 4 was the last one (for Sakurai) as well..
It's because of him saying "this may be my last one". Due to the Japanese sense of tradition, it usually never is.

For me

1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Mushroom Kingdom
3. Corneria
4. Four Side
5. Distant planet
6. Pokémon Stadium
7. Reset Bomb Forest
8. 3D Land
9. Dream Land GB
10. Mute City SNES
Dream Land GB
Peach's Castle 64
Jungle Japes
Saffron City
Duck Hunt
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Bros
Summit
Smashville
Onett

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
So when taking care of an Incineroar, should one buy a sack dummy for him to suplex?

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
For me, I'm most excited for:
- Magicant
- Rainbow Cruise
- WarioWare
- Mushroomy 1-2 (assuming it's back)
- Fountain of Dreams (though I'm disappointed it's of a more standard size now)
- New Donk City Hall
- Any stage with a relatively neutral layout that isn't Battlefield (yes, even Smashville)

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Looking at Ridley and K. Rool reveals, there was a lot of people who said that they were memes, bottom of the barrel or obvious choices, but in general they were a bit known. But still they are not Sonic, not Pacman, not Cloud, not Ryu. I don't see Geno becoming a big deal outside of their supporters, most of people will say 'The who is that?'
For the umpteenth time, Ridley and K. Rool were not obvious choices. Both of them were characters that many people were convinced would never get in. You can say those people were a vocal minority all you want, but the fact of the matter is that Ridley and King K. Rool fans had all but given up on the chances of their characters ever getting into Smash. Enough with this historical revisionist bull****.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For the umpteenth time, Ridley and K. Rool were not obvious choices. Both of them were characters that many people were convinced would never get in. You can say those people were a vocal minority all you want, but the fact of the matter is that Ridley and King K. Rool fans had all but given up on the chances of their characters ever getting into Smash. Enough with this historical revisionist bull****.
Maybe I'm misreading something here but Nap's just saying Ridley and K.Rool's support was huge and helped people know who they are? If it wasn't for his massive fanbase, I'd see K.Rool's trailer and go "Wait that's the crocodile from the Donkey Kong bongo jet race game right?"

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I think geno makes more sense for that role tbh, he's been highly requested longer, he's owned by square who's already involved in the game and he got a mii costume. If Banjo gets in it'll be through dlc imo.
No reason they can't both make it. Banjo would be bigger outside the Smash community than Geno though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Have there been any rumors of a Direct or is 4chan still burning?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The closest things we have to hints are Smash-related - the Japanese playlist for Smash Ultimate's character trailers updated three days ago (pointing to a new character being shown off in about a week, since the last times that this happened were before the previous two Directs), and the "New" marker disappeared off of the Smash website's main page (which usually happens before a character reveal).

Nothing concrete, though.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Robin/Lucina style?

Got a link to the rumor or is it just a gut feeling the community has?
Yesterday, it was discovered that the Japanese fighter gamepay playlist updated. Immediately after this discovery, the “new” banner on the fighter button on the Smash website disappeared. The only other times this has happened were just before Direct dates were revealed.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On the topic of Mii costumes, this may not necessarily be a boon for certain characters. Take Viridi, she had one in 4, yet so far it doesn't seem like her role in Reset Bomb Forest will change, and on top of that, the character she made the most fun of made it in as playable. :ultchrom:

The New tag on the character section has been removed, so this points to an upcoming reveal. 7 days left until whether something happens or not.

You’re not sick of this stage by now? Interesting...
I like having crowds to fight in front of. Besides, I only managed to get the 3DS version of 4.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Robin/Lucina style?

Got a link to the rumor or is it just a gut feeling the community has?
Just the feeling of the community.

Personally I think it's just as likely the final Smash direct will be announced either next week or the following. But I'd rather it be a stand alone character trailer like Robin/Lucina, because that means more newcomers.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Exactly, longer as in being requested for years on end, same as Banjo, but I see your point, Banjo would also make more sense to me as DLC.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
****, that needs to be a story mode cutscene!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I like having crowds to fight in front of. Besides, I only managed to get the 3DS version of 4.
That’ll do it, then. After years of hearing 2:00am in tournament, I’ve grown to despise that stage. At least in Ultimate, I’ll be able to use Bubblegum K.K. on Smashville. That’ll make it a little better.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Side note, is 4chan still down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom