• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ah yes, two characters moveset in one, yes, double the work and dev time alongside Balance...
Please, no.
The attacks would do the same amount of damage, it's more about presentation.

Like a Smash attack. The pacifist forward Smash would have them weakly swing a stick, but the genocide forward Smash would have them jab a knife in front of them.

It's just an idea. You don't need to worry about balancing something that'll never happen :p.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Do you mean what should it appear as? If so, really just everything on his head, with the tiara (I'm certain that is), and the diamond earrings on his elf-like ears. His red hair is also braided, so there's that.

Edit: And of course the green skin.
Well sounds good to me.

I'll do it can't promise a time window.

Because recently I've had to be a bit more rough with people and their barrage of requests.

Don't mistake me I love that people love my work but I can't do 18 in a week, I don't have a lot of available hours at my workstation to do these.

But I do, do my best to fulfill requests issued to me personally, because I'm flattered.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well sounds good to me.

I'll do it can't promise a time window.

Because recently I've had to be a bit more rough with people and their barrage of requests.

Don't mistake me I love that people love my work but I can't do 18 in a week, I don't have a lot of available hours at my workstation to do these.

But I do, do my best to fulfill requests issued to me personally, because I'm flattered.
If it's too much for you, you can toss my Super Crown designs off your list. I don't want you to overwork yourself.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The problem with Skyward Sword is that she didn't do a severe amount to make her memorable in that game. Not any more than OOT. HW is a spin-off, so it's pretty irrelevant.

She rarely gets an actual story important plot. It's sad too, since this is part of why she isn't nearly as memorable as she could be, at least compared to the other recurring characters. Ganon(dorf), Link, Zelda, even many of the various races and monsters tend to be easier to remember.

It'd be neat if she got a DLC thing, though they could just add another Sheikah Champion, maybe the one who knew the Yiga clan members before they turned evil. In fact, that person could've been killed by them instead of Ganon. I don't know if you forgot, but the Champions all got killed in BOTW. That's why they were able to give their powers to Link. ...Are you fine with Impa being killed(who never dies in any Zelda game, possibly due to her ability to possibly shapeshift/change ages, etc...).
Agree with you there. Her roles haven't been exactly great outside of Skyward Sword, which is the game that brought her back and all. Ocarina of Time also stands out, as she's a Sage there, and one we also get to meet rather early and has a strong plot connection due to Zelda yet again. And in other recent games she is a Sage, just not very important overall like in ALBW. Breath of the Wild has Impa being implied as a very important character, especially in the past, but too much is left out in the open again.

I do have to say, that yes, if Impa where to be killed off in Breath of the Wild by a version of the Blight Ganons, I would take that over her current role. She would've stayed young in her design, the Sheikah would've had far more reason to remain so secluded as they do in BotW, and we had a Zelda newcomer now being all but confirmed.

But I get her old lady self is easier to work with, and a throwback to the first Zelda. I just now hope that the appearances of Young Impa can still continue, because it kinda sucks to have Old Impa take over now.

Agreed. Though maybe this is why the only two Sheikah are heroes, because they're the only surviving members of those who stayed good?
Am not sure, Impa was the only survivor in Ocarina of Time I remember, and in Skyward Sword, she was taken from the past where Hylia lived herself, and the Sheikah where still around then. Also a plot hole however, cause in Skyward Sword it's never adressed where the current generation of Sheikah live.

Weird how Breath of the Wild established the Sheikah race, but didn't really do all too much with them honestly.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm going to post this again because I worded it poorly before and it looked like I made some pretty outrageous choices for this game.

Out of these 4, you have to murder 3: :ultisabelle::ultpichu::ultpeach::ultzelda:

Out of these 4 you have to bang 3: :ultwario::ultdk::ultkrool::ultolimar:

Out of these 4 you have to piss off 3::ultwolf::ultridley::ultganondorf::ultbayonetta:

Basically they're all terrible choices and you get to opt out of 1 each. My previous post made it look like I want to **** wario and DK and kill Pichu and Isabelle. I assure you that I do not.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm going to post this again because I worded it poorly before and it looked like I made some pretty outrageous choices for this game.

Out of these 4, you have to murder 3: :ultisabelle::ultpichu::ultpeach::ultzelda:

Out of these 4 you have to piss off 3::ultwolf::ultridley::ultganondorf::ultbayonetta:

Basically they're all terrible choices and you get to opt out of 1 each. My previous post made it look like I want to **** wario and DK and kill Pichu and Isabelle. I assure you that I do not.
Oh, I'm so gonna regret this...

Murder :ultisabelle::ultpeach::ultzelda:
Bang :ultdk::ultkrool::ultolimar:
Piss off :ultwolf::ultganondorf::ultbayonetta:

:yoshi:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Been playing Okami, and FF 14 so I haven't been around as often recently.
I just saw that Nintendo has an official sketch over bowsette before she became a thing. My theory; that Nintendo planted the seed on the web so they could reveal her in ultimate aint so stupid now eh!? It would be the Ultimate reveal of all time!
I wouldn't mind one bit if she became DLC, getting a Bowser/Peach semi-clone sounds great to me.
If you all could see 10 fighting game franchises (aside from SF) get rep in Smash, what would you like to see?

For me:

1. Fatal Fury
2. Tekken
3. Virtua Fighter
4. King of Fighters (unless there's an issue, for whatever reason)
5. Mortal Kombat
6. Killer Instinct
7. Guilty Gear
8. Dead or Alive
9. MvC (the Capcom characters though)
10. Darkstalkers

Extras (partially based on answers):

11. SoulCalibur (should have been top 10)
12. Samurai Shodown (somehow not a typo)
13. Bloody Roar
14. Blazblue (was thinking about this earlier)

Edit: Try to think of franchises that generally consist of just video game characters.
  1. Soul Calibur
  2. Tekken
  3. MvC3
  4. Blazblue
  5. Guilty Gear
  6. Dead or Alive
  7. Bloody Roar
  8. Mortal Kombat
  9. King of Fighters
  10. Fatal Fury

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Murder: :ultpeach: :ultpichu: :ultzelda:

Bang: :ultwario: :ultolimar: (is he to scale though?) :ultdk:

Piss Off: :ultwolf: :ultganondorf: :ultbayonetta:

Pakky

Smash Hero
If it's too much for you, you can toss my Super Crown designs off your list. I don't want you to overwork yourself.
No, I want to do those, I can do the whole cast of Smash really I have a template for these kinds of things. That's not hard.

I'm just going to ration off some of these pop up personal requests I've been getting because I don't think the people giving them know constraint.

That's not a jab it's just a little jarring that some folks ask for three more when I just gave them 8 which is already over the limit.

I'm trying to choose my words carefully so I don't sound like a jerk.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm still mad that of all the Undertale songs, this one never gets mentioned.
Not only does it sound great, but your using the Villain's song against them! That's awesome!

It also makes me think of a moveset where Frisk fights using the power of the seven souls.
Bruh this is one of my favorite tracks in Undertale. Alongside every other one.

Undertale just has good music okay?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No, I want to do those, I can do the whole cast of Smash really I have a template for these kinds of things. That's not hard.

I'm just going to ration off some of these pop up personal requests I've been getting because I don't think the people giving them know constraint.

That's not a jab it's just a little jarring that some folks ask for three more when I just gave them 8 which is already over the limit.

I suddenly feel a lot less bad for asking for 1.5. :p

Pakky

Smash Hero
I suddenly feel a lot less bad for asking for 1.5. :p
You're fine that was a modest request, and not a very hard one. Kinda fun, because that was the first alternate skin one I did.

Though thank you all again for the support its much appreciated.

Regardless of my statements, I'll do my best to meet all the demands asked of me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We talkin' Undertale reps? C'mon guys, you already KNOW who needs to be in...

I will only accept these two, especially if it means Smash remixes of their fight themes.

TBH though, even as someone who hasn't played Undertale, I think seeing it in Smash would actually be kinda cool. I'd want it mainly for the music, but any characters they'd add would probably be fun to play, so why not?

Noipoi

Howdy!

Well, as long as you're cool with it.
I just don't want you to get stressed out, I appreciate what you do!

D

Deleted member

Name the oddest character/s you can think of to be added in Smash
Forza Horizon car
Chain Chomps
That list is potentially endless. Allow me to demonstrate with 5:

Confucius
Hellen Keller
Izzy (1996 Summer Olympic Games mascot)
Condiment King
Spandam

Pakky

Smash Hero
I got the one character I wanted before you even started I think...
Oh yeah, Splat is a class act, very good work.

Thanks for doing what you do Pak.

Consider taking commissions sometime.
Been thinking about it as these have helped my familiarity with Vector work (Which is why some of the early one have been redone out of embarrassment lol) Yes thank you though, its fun helping folks realize some dreams and giving some forgotten guys some shine.

Well, as long as you're cool with it.
I just don't want you to get stressed out, I appreciate what you do!
Thanks, man and yeah its cool! I appreciate you as well fellow artist :D

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know which Undertale rep y’all are REALLY sleeping on tho?

It’s me, your best friend...

A S R I E L D R E E M U R R

LetterO

Smash Lord
All your ideas for an Undertale rep are bad compared to mine.

The only good idea is sans who supports the color theory Jerry

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Undertale rep? Completley hypothetical?

Source

Plus you get the best damn battle theme besides Asgore's and Megalovania.

My favorite character + possible rep is Asgore but I do think SPOILER lends better for a moveset.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
1. Was Ridley as amazing as I'm hoping?
2 .How different does Link feel?
3. How bad were those lines?
1. Not sure what your standards for him are, but I can say he’s pretty great. I suck as him, but he’s still fun to play.
2. Very different. I dunno why, maybe it’s just me. But I used to suck as Link, it in Ultimate I just suddenly got the hang of him. The remote bombs feel much better as well.
3. 20 Min. Could be worse.

Here's my points:

1. Also, how does his mobility and recovery feel? Slow, average, fast, or anything around those areas?

2. Does his down tilt spike, if you tried it?

3. What alts came off as the best to you? How different did the stock icons look (if you got to check)?

4. If you tried picking up arrows, how easy is it to do so?

5. How powerful are his throws? Specifically up, forward and back. I've seen down throw enough times.
1. Pretty much as the same as Smash 4 Link.
2. Not sure.
3. Didn’t get to check his alt stock icons...I really like tunic of wild.
4.The only times I used arrows was to snipe my brother when he was off the stage so...I dunno.
5. Didn’t really check. I was in the middle of battle, and was pretty concentrated.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If you all could see 10 fighting game franchises (aside from SF) get rep in Smash, what would you like to see?

For me:

1. Fatal Fury
2. Tekken
3. Virtua Fighter
4. King of Fighters (unless there's an issue, for whatever reason)
5. Mortal Kombat
6. Killer Instinct
7. Guilty Gear
8. Dead or Alive
9. MvC (the Capcom characters though)
10. Darkstalkers

Extras (partially based on answers):

11. SoulCalibur (should have been top 10)
12. Samurai Shodown (somehow not a typo)
13. Bloody Roar
14. Blazblue (was thinking about this earlier)

Edit: Try to think of franchises that generally consist of just video game characters.
1. Mortal Kombat
2. SoulCalibur
3. ARMs (does this count?)
4. Killer Instinct
5. Tekken
6. King of Fighters
7. Darkstalkers
8. Clayfighters
9. Samurai Showdown
10. Primal Rage

Going from most wanted to, lol’worthy

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok but consider the following

0A7FA530-BE21-41F0-BEDE-4C56694EEDEE.gif

hOI! im TEMMIE!!

(Ok fine I’ll stop)

So uh...when do you think the October direct will be if any?

Noipoi

Howdy!
1. Not sure what your standards for him are, but I can say he’s pretty great. I suck as him, but he’s still fun to play.
2. Very different. I dunno why, maybe it’s just me. But I used to suck as Link, it in Ultimate I just suddenly got the hang of him. The remote bombs feel much better as well.

2. Not sure.
4.The only times I used arrows was to snipe my brother when he was off the stage so...I dunno.
5. Didn’t really check. I was in the middle of battle, and was pretty concentrated.
Oh hey! Can you tell me about the woomy:ultinkling:?

View attachment 167264
hOI! im TEMMIE!!

(Ok fine I’ll stop)

I'm thinking mid to late October, but I could be wrong.
I thought the August direct would be on the 16th and we got it on the 8th. We might get it a week into Octobe, we might not g

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

View attachment 167264
hOI! im TEMMIE!!

(Ok fine I’ll stop)

Temmie was my signature up until I came back to this website. I'd vie for Tem any day of the week.

Also, I doubt that we're getting a Direct in October. I think we'll get a newcomer trailer, but not an entire direct. We'll get one of those in mid-November.

Last edited:

Oddbaum21

Smash Rookie
I think a Yo Kai Watch character is almost confirmed, due to Yo Kai Watch Blasters having a good amount of popularity and Yo Kai Watch 3 getting announced. I think Blizzaria would be pretty cool to have in, as making a move set for Jibanyan or Komasan would be really hard. I would say that Venoct is pretty likely, though.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

View attachment 167264
hOI! im TEMMIE!!

(Ok fine I’ll stop)

I'm thinking there'll be ONE more Direct and it'll be early November (corresponding to the 50-Fact Direct a month before Smash Wii U)

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I doubt it will be another 50 fact extravaganza since there is still Spirits Mode to talk about as well as Online and other things. The 50 Facts Extravaganza seemed like it was put together because they didn't have many major things to talk about. So instead they talked about 50 smaller things. A lot of it felt like filler.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
1. Was Ridley as amazing as I'm hoping?
2 .How different does Link feel?
3. How bad were those lines?

Here's my points:

1. Also, how does his mobility and recovery feel? Slow, average, fast, or anything around those areas?

2. Does his down tilt spike, if you tried it?

3. What alts came off as the best to you? How different did the stock icons look (if you got to check)?

4. If you tried picking up arrows, how easy is it to do so?

5. How powerful are his throws? Specifically up, forward and back. I've seen down throw enough times.
2. Not sure.

Oh hey! Can you tell me about the woomy:ultinkling:?

I'm thinking mid to late October, but I could be wrong.
I thought the August direct would be on the 16th and we got it on the 8th. We might get it a week into Octobe, we might not g
I don’t know too much, but I can tell you, they do have a decently sized learning curve.

?????????????

Smash Master
Undertale in Smash?

I would be...

SO into that! Lots of great music, and I think Sans would actually make a really cool Smash character.

Potato_

Smash Lord
This is exciting to hear, I've been intrigued by Link's changes but I was afraid of them not feeling like much besides the remote bombs. I know some of his tilts look different, can't wait to try it myself.

View attachment 167264
hOI! im TEMMIE!!

(Ok fine I’ll stop)

TEM ASSIST

TEM DO... GREAT!

(From Sakurai's comment, I think we're just going to get one character at most in October, either that or we get nothing in the beginning of the month and they do the big ending direct at the end of this month.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom