• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't think we're getting an October direct for Smash.
Pokemon likely, but really what do they have to show for LGPE?

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
October's shaping up to be a rather quiet month tbh. If we get something I'd expect it mid to late October but I'm honestly expecting something early November and then right before the game launches.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Temmie was my signature up until I came back to this website. I'd vie for Tem any day of the week.

Also, I doubt that we're getting a Direct in October. I think we'll get a newcomer trailer, but not an entire direct. We'll get one of those in mid-November.
I'd be perfectly content with waiting for November for a Direct as long as we got a character announcement sometime in October. I know it isn't likely, but I'd love if a demo (or even a "Testsmash") were announced after said Direct, just so we can get a taste of how fluid the online could be (and in my case, I'd like to be able finally demo the game before release).

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Oh so we're talking about music? Well I guess it's time to say if music was ever taken into account by Sakurai when adding series, Chrono Trigger would be a shoe in

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I honestly just want an October Direct so all the characters can be revealed before marketing push on November.

Also because then it will bring an end to coming home to dozens of youtube videos about text leaks of the final roster.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
So actually all three are negative.
Oh, I thought you were making a joke with your picks or something-- yeah, my mistake. I completely forgot Marry/****/Kill had that "neat" little design quirk to it. My bad.

Oof, though. I'm beginning to remember why I lost interest in that forum game.

Did someone misread the game and put my boi in the "piss off" category thinking he wouldn't do much? Big mistake...
I don't doubt his abilities, but I can blackmail him by threatening to report his *** to the IRS if he dares to take his anger out on me.

Besides, I was running out of ideas for that category, because :ultvillager: is a serial killer, :ulticeclimbers: clubbed seals in some versions of their game and messing with those kinds of people is "letting EA buy your company" levels of suicidal, I have dogbite-related trauma from when I was a toddler so :ultduckhunt: is out of the question, and :ultpichu: is just as capable of electrical torture as any other electric-type.

Name the oddest character/s you can think of to be added in Smash
  • Gandalf the Grey
  • Gandalf the White
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail's Black Knight
  • Benito Mussolini
  • The Blue Meanie
  • Cowboy Curtis
  • Jambi the Genie
  • Robocop
  • Terminator
  • Captain Kirk
  • Darth Vader
  • Lo Pan
  • Superman
  • Every single Power Ranger
  • Bill S. Preston
  • Theodore Logan
  • Spock
  • The Rock
  • Doc Ock
  • Hulk Hogan

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Nothing which is why I am confused when we all assume we're getting a Pokemon direct
Yeah, I definitely don't think a Direct for Let's Go happening. The quick trailers they've been dropping are probably what they will stick with until the games drop in November I feel.

Most Pokémon Directs as I recall focused on more than just one game (or set of games in the case of Let's Go), so if we did get a Pokémon Direct, there would have to be some surprise announcement or news of some sort (a sneak peek at Gen 8 could fit the bill quite nicely).

SonicMario

Smash Master
I can't say either way whether I think if the Smash direct will be in October or November. If it's in October it falls directly in line with the bi-monthly infodump we've gotten (June - E3, July - Nothing, August - Smash Direct, September - Isabelle reveal, but that's it, October - Smash Direct?) but I could understand if they did it early November instead. It could go either way. But hope it's sooner rather then later.

Either way though, I'm sure it will be the finale for the base game. So this game's speculation's days are numbered... until DLC inevitably begins anyway.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I guarantee you we're not getting another Pokemon Direct until February 2019 when they reveal Gen 8 and end my LGPE suffering.
Gotta say I agree because they've shelled out so much info already and the release is only a month away and people have played it already.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I don't doubt his abilities, but I can blackmail him by threatening to report his *** to the IRS if he dares to take his anger out on me.

Besides, I was running out of ideas for that category, because :ultvillager: is a serial killer, :ulticeclimbers: clubbed seals in some versions of their game and messing with those kinds of people is "letting EA buy your company" levels of suicidal, I have dogbite-related trauma from when I was a toddler so :ultduckhunt: is out of the question, and :ultpichu: is just as capable of electrical torture as any other electric-type.
I'd rather have Killager and baby seal clubbers get angry at me than a powerful cartoon dinosaur that can eat and kill me in a fraction of a second...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Gotta say I agree because they've shelled out so much info already and the release is only a month away and people have played it already.
We're gonna get quick little trailers every week for the next month and a half until the games out. nothing Smash related is gonna come out of Pikachu and Eevee. I know this because Smash is good, and nothing good comes out of Pikachu and Eevee.
yet i'm still buying it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I guarantee you we're not getting another Pokemon Direct until February 2019 when they reveal Gen 8 and end my LGPE suffering.
We could honestly see on in November due to Pokemon Go Eevee! and Pokemon Go Pikachu!

More the reason to believe we may get a Smash direct in October if a pattern is followed.

D

Deleted member

Late October/first week of November is probably what'll end up happening IMO. It fits with Sakurai's "slowing down" comments and fits Nintendo's habit of pushing big single game focused Directs about a month or so before launch. Also fits in with that Switch bundle releasing, as I could totally see them announcing the game is ready to go for preload right after the Direct.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Wouldn't be mad, actually, although how the Smash staff would get confused so thoroughly that they wind up picking a stage from their own country instead of Sweden is beyond me. :laugh:
I meant the leakers saying Minecraft content. If they saw this without much to signify it as DQ, I could understand confusing it for Minecraft.

Noipoi

Howdy!
We could honestly see on in November due to Pokemon Go Eevee! and Pokemon Go Pikachu!

More the reason to believe we may get a Smash direct in October if a pattern is followed.
What information could LGPE have that would warrant a full direct? I promise you we're only gonna get short trailers like we've been getting so far.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What information could LGPE have that would warrant a full direct? I promise you we're only gonna get short trailers like we've been getting so far.
Just trying to keep the dream alive for folks. I'm not doubting the possibility we probably won't get anything until late October or early November.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I see there only being one more Smash direct and it being early November, whenever it'd need to be to beat out the game shipping and getting into more hands

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hope for the communities sake they at least have a Lucina and Robin style reveal in October otherwise I can't see this site surviving.

Untouch

Smash Master
The lack of Mario Party content is really weird to me.
There's like 4 Mario Kart stages but no other spinoffs.

If we were to get a stage it'd be hard to pick but I think either the Peach Cake level from MP1
798px-Peach'sBirthdayCake[1].png
or the final level from MP3.
260px-StardustBattleMP3[1].png

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm not saying we won't get anything in early October, it's a very real possibility. But it won't be because of Pikachu and eevee.
They can easily be the main focus. They're practically the most notable Gen 1 Pokemon at this point for different reasons. It's really not that odd to expect one based upon LGPE alone.

D

Deleted member

The problem with a Let's Go Direct is that Pokemon doesn't really get Directs. The Pokemon Company like to do their own thing, and never really show up in Directs unless it's a Pokemon game's initial announcement or for some random advertising plug. Not to mention they've already shown off an extensive amount of the game in their random Youtube trailer uploads, so at this point I really don't know what you'd have a Direct for TBH.

Best thing to hope for if you want early info IMO is a Lucina/Robin-esque reveal. While the odds are probably slim due to Sakurai's comments and the very likely possibility that there isn't that much left to be shown roster-wise, anything's possible. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
They can easily be the main focus. They're practically the most notable Gen 1 Pokemon at this point for different reasons. It's really not that odd to expect one based upon LGPE alone.
It's certainly not impossible, but I really don't think those games have enough content left to warrant a whole Direct.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's certainly not impossible, but I really don't think those games have enough content to warrant a whole Direct.
They're hardly lacking in content. Them being the main focus with a little information on other Pokemon stuff isn't too strange, honestly.

I just don't see the issue here. A hyped up game being the main focus of a direct? Not odd at all.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokemon Directs DO exist, just not often...
Pokemon Directs are usually just to announce new games.
The only exceptions being the 20th anniversary direct (which announced Sun and Moon anyway) and the September 2013 XY direct revealing the Mega Kanto starters.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
The only way thered be a Pokemon Direct would be if theres new unannounced spinoff games as well, or if they wanted to reveal Generation 8 for next year.

Considering that theres been no leaks or rumors to those yet, a bit unlikely, unless smash has all the game leakers distracted which makes pokemon able to pass through the night unmolested.

Last edited:

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
  • Gandalf the Grey
  • Gandalf the White
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail's Black Knight
  • Benito Mussolini
  • The Blue Meanie
  • Cowboy Curtis
  • Jambi the Genie
  • Robocop
  • The Terminator
  • Captain Kirk
  • Darth Vader
  • Lo Pan
  • Superman
  • Every single Power Ranger
  • Bill S. Preston
  • Theodore Logan
  • Spock
  • The Rock
  • Doc Ock
  • Hulk Hogan
I mean, I guess it is the Ultimate showdown.

D

Deleted member

They're hardly lacking in content. Them being the main focus with a little information on other Pokemon stuff isn't too strange, honestly.

I just don't see the issue here. A hyped up game being the main focus of a direct? Not odd at all.
It's more about content that hasn't already been revealed, not to mention Pokemon Directs being very rare and usually only used for initial announcements. Anything's possible, and I'm not saying there won't be a Let's Go Direct, I just kinda doubt it. To each their own, though.

EDIT: On a different note, if there is a Pokemon Direct, it most likely won't be longer than maybe like, ten minutes at most, so I wouldn't count on Smash being in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!

But is there enough content left to warrant a whole direct? They've already shown most of the things in this game through Youtube trailers.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Pokemon Directs DO exist, just not often...
Not often and they're mainly for premier announcements and nothing more. The one time they extensively covered a game was for XY way back in 2013, their marketing strategy has changed quite a bit since then (just watch the Direct, it's in a pretty different style than anything Nintendo in general does now, not just TPC.)

The way TPC and Gamefreak work nowadays is they announce games then over the course of the months give us chunks of info until release. They did it for SM, for Ultra and now LGPE.

So while a Direct for LGPE isn't impossible, I just don't see it happening.

I will say, that if it does happen, Smash showing up isn't that weird as Pokken DX got the big spotlight in the last Pokemon Direct they did. Yeah that's still a Pokemon game, but it's also a spin off which Smash could more or less count as to them.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But is there enough content left to warrant a whole direct? They've already shown most of the things in this game through Youtube trailers.
Yeah, yeah, there is. It's not a small game. It's still pretty big. If they've shown "most", then that means there's still clearly a lot left.

It's more about content that hasn't already been revealed, not to mention Pokemon Directs being very rare and usually only used for initial announcements. Anything's possible, and I'm not saying there won't be a Let's Go Direct, I just kinda doubt it. To each their own, though.

EDIT: If there is a Pokemon Direct, it most likely won't be longer than maybe like, ten minutes at most, so I wouldn't count on Smash being in it.
I never was making the argument that smash information would be in it, so...

D

Deleted member

I never was making the argument that smash information would be in it, so...
Oh, I know, it was just a thought that popped in my head and I thought it'd be better to edit my post rather than make a new one. It was just speculation on my part, wasn't directing anything at you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom