• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Real talk though.

How 'much' stuff is left out of 8.8 for the blog to cover?

If they're seriously going to stretch it out until late October/Early-mid November, I can't imagine they'd give themselves soo little time to go over the new Direct's contents before launch.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I do think Echoes will be in DLC. The reception has been positive enough I feel. I feel like Shadow fans should try to rest easy even if Shadow is indeed not in the base game. He seems like such a natural choice to start the DLC echo train. People would buy him, and those who don't want him since he would be kind of controversial can choose not to get him.

To be honest, if Shadow's DLC I may very well skip out on him unless Tails comes later or he's packaged with Tails.

I just wouldn't feel like paying a cent for the very reason that I might not be getting the Mario & Luigi Vs. Sonic & Tails matchup on my roster screen. (Though watch Echos be part of free updates and I'd have no choice xP). I know that sounds petty, but I do feel that's a matchup Nintendo & Sega should absolutely jump at the chance for while they're at it when negotiating for more Sonic characters.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Real talk though.

If they're seriously going to stretch it out until late October/Early-mid November, I can't imagine they'd give themselves soo little time to go over the new Direct's contents before launch.
I think there may be a few more ATs & Mimikyu. They probably won’t even give Ashley an entry tho since she was unnamed in the direct

O O F

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
>Shovel Knight is an indie
>SHANTAE IS ALSO AN INDIE
>both Shovel Knight and Shantae start with "Sh"
Is this what i think it is?!!!
May wanna ditch the pic on account of the nipples. Just saying.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Just remember to take this thotful advice.

To get back on topic though, try to think of one additional difference you would give each echo fighter. You can only give one.
:ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:
Pittoo: Staff replaces neutral. It can still be charged, which increases distance. He can be the sniper now. Kinda like edgey Hanzo.

Best Girl: Aether recovery so she fights like her dad. Better recovery than Marth would at least give her something over him.

Orange Hair: She can't float but all of her attacks are stronger.

Husbando: Rosary Final Smash

Chrom: He's fine.

Edgy Alien: Charge Shot fires smaller projectiles that can be fired in succession, referencing Scattershot.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Real talk though.

We have online, Spirits mode, single player modes.

Then you have the obvious ones like Charcaters, ATs, Stages, and items.

I think we have enough to justify another direct.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
My predictions have shifted as of late. They are as follows:

Base Game:
38ᵋ Shadow
60ᵋ Ken
69 Incineroar
70 Skull Kid

DLC:
71 Geno (Revealed to be in development just before launch.)
72 Dante
...And more, but I don't think I can predict much further ahead.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, his AT hasn't been shown off yet. It's very possible that some of us (myself definitely included) read into things a bit too much.

While I don't really want to speculate on Box Theory anymore (I'm more into discussing DLC and singleplayer mode ideas right now), I will say that ending on Incineroar isn't all too odd to me. What's odd is Ken being the only Echo left...I dunno, it feels weird. I feel like even if Verge is on the money with those two, that there has to be one more Echo with Ken, otherwise why not show him off with Isabelle or the other Echos back in August? Showing just Ken by himself sounds reaaaaalllllyyyy weird, but hey, Nintendo aren't ones for making sense with the things they do (their idea of a hype final newcomer trailer was Duck Hunt, after all).

Inb4 Ken is a semi-clone and the Smash fandom loses it (in a bad way) as a reaction to that...
They generally end with an out-there character. Ken is not one of those. He's a widely-known fan-favorite second banana, and therefore, expected.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Real talk though.

The big thing missing is gamemodes and online.
That info's going to probably be a massive info dump ala the 50 fact extravaganza.

Shroob

Sup?
We have online, Spirits mode, single player modes.

Then you have the obvious ones like Charcaters, ATs, Stages, and items.

I think we have enough to justify another direct.
Exactly my point.

We get about 1, maybe 2 blogs about Direct contents a week.

If they're going to have a Direct with a BUNCH of new content, the longer they wait, the closer to launch they get.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Did the Zero (Mega Man) Assist Trophy get an entry yet? I know Rathalos did

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
:ultdaisy:: Some of the Daisy fanbase keeps begging for Sakurai for him to make her unique. It's so ****ing dumb, they seem so ungrateful. Deleted forever. I can't enjoy the character.
Man, I can’t wait to hear your opinion on Waluigi. :dizzy:

I joke about Daisy getting a unique moveset a lot, because I really enjoy the idea, but I personally am not begging for it. Tbh, I feel lucky she got in at all and I am satisfied with that. Maybe someone will make a mod that lets me play Strikers Daisy a few years from now.

Not all Daisy fans are psycho, just like not all Rick and Morty, Waluigi, and Undertale fans are psycho. I find it hard to believe their are Daisy fans actually attempring to bother Sakurai to fix her moveset but with some of the **** I’ve heard I guess its probably true. Still, we aren’t all that.....delusional.

I understand though. If Isaac gets in I’ll probably hold a grudge, too.

EDIT: I realized this post is essentially me rambling aimlessly so my bad. :urg:

Last edited:

Chrono.

Exactly my point.

We get about 1, maybe 2 blogs about Direct contents a week.

If they're going to have a Direct with a BUNCH of new content, the longer they wait, the closer to launch they get.
And the more this thread loses their ****ing minds.

D

Deleted member

They generally end with an out-there character. Ken is not one of those. He's a widely-known fan-favorite second banana, and therefore, expected.
Oh, I'm not saying he's out there, I'm saying that if he is an echo, it's really weird that they were keeping just one left to show off. Makes me think there might be one more with him. Maybe Medusa or Shadow? I could see those two being base roster.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ya know, I was originally thinking we could see 4 more newcomers and 5 more Echoes, but I no longer see that idea happening.

I feel like we'll instead see 3 more newcomers and 4 more Echoes, I feel that makes more sense and would even the count to 8 each for a total of 16 new characters.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Real talk though.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xg3bfmOparag6F5Mt60DmWiE9Q8/edit?usp=drivesdk

Here's the link to all the stuff that can still be shown on the blog. It's more than enough to hold over to November. And the blog can continue to update after the games release so that doesn't matter.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So one thing me and my sisters have always had fun doing is arguing over which Hogwarts houses characters fit into, so I figured I'd do it for Smash.

Gryffindor: :ultfalcon::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultike::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultmario::ultluigi::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsamus::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzss::ultfox::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultmegaman::ultness::ultlucas::ultinkling::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultshulk::ultfalco::ultcloud::squirtle::ivysaur::4charizard:

Slythern: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultkingdedede::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultmewtwo::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultwario::ultdarkpit::ultkrool::ultwolf::ultsnake::ultbayonetta:

Hufflepuff: :ultcorrin::ultjigglypuff::ultolimar::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpacman::ultrosalina::ultisabelle::ultwiifittrainer::ultvillager::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt:

Ravenclaw: :ultdoc::ultpalutena::ultrobin:ultzelda::ultsheik:(Robin could also fit into Gryffindor).

Heroes tend to fit too snuggly into Gryffindor, which explains the extreme abundance of them.

I don't really know Snake, Bayo, Cloud or Mother characters, so I kind of assumed with them (besides, one of them is named Snake).

Hufflepuff will accept anyone, which explains the oddball characters.

Fun fact: I'm actually a Hufflepuff myself. Our defining traits are loyalty and compassion, and I'm a huge animal lover and Zard loyalist, so it checks out.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
To be honest, if Shadow's DLC I may very well skip out on him unless Tails comes later or he's packaged with Tails.
I think this is the best way to do echoes as DLC, by packaging them with a related newcomer - either the character they're echoing or someone from a similar game. Plus we could get really interesting echoes as a result.

"Tails joins the #SuperSmashBros Ultimate roster complete with flight powers and an air grab! Joining him is Shadow, who is Sonic's echo fighter. He has a teleport recovery move, vanishes when he dodges and skates along the ground, rivaling Sonic's speed! Pick up these fighters next week on the eShop.

"Coming soon to #SuperSmashBros Ultimate, it's Edelgard from #FireEmblemThreeHouses. Her fighting style with an axe sets her apart from anyone else in Smash! Also coming with Edelgard is Celica, Robin's echo fighter. Her tomes can be used without limits, but she will damage herself with each cast so watch out."

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Idon Idon Opossum Opossum

I don't think either of you would like to KO Lyn like as shown here.
Despite my support for Ammy, Lyn is still my most wanted character. So sadly this is the best we get T_T
If Sonic gets a second unique character it better ****ing not be Shadow.
I would love it if Blaze made It in.
I mean, I don't dislike Lyn, but she's actually my least favorite of the FE7 lord trio, if I'm being honest. :p And even then Hector's the only one of the three to reach my top forty favorites from the franchise in general.

Lyn's neat though. Wasn't sure if she'd be KO-able. Has anyone been able to tell if she got redubbed by Wendee Lee for Smash, or are they still using the unfitting Brawl clips?
Sadly she has the same lines, that still make her sound older than she really is.

D

Deleted member

My predictions have shifted as of late. They are as follows:

Base Game:
38ᵋ Shadow
60ᵋ Ken
69 Incineroar
70 Skull Kid

DLC:
71 Dante
72 Geno
...And more, but I don't think I can predict much further ahead.
Skull Kid is a pretty risky bet at this point. Any thoughts as to why he may still have a shot, or is it more a guess?

Shroob

Sup?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Real talk though.

The big thing is going to be Spirits being shown. It could showcase what you do in it, maybe shows a cutscene and probably showcase a handful of vllains.
They could show more Pokemon since Pokemon Let's Go would be around the corner. Thus revealing Incineroar (or not him). He could go over trophies and where you could get them unlocked. Show off event matches to make a return.
There is a good bit left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom