• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm pretty sure the ResetEra staff have the same sources at Verg.

Jon from GamExplain has been ridiculously psychic with his last few 'guesses', and he's been agreeing that Incineroar is 'highly likely'.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
:ultdarkpit: Delete.
:ultlucina: Delete.
:ultdaisy: Make her default outfit her Mario Strikers outfit. Have her represent the Mario sports games in her moves.
:ultrichter: Delete.
:ultchrom: Make his up taunt be the default dance from the fortnite game.
:ultdarksamus: Make her unplayable due to psychological trauma causing her (it?) to run and jump around everywhere and fire erratically.
>Keep Chrom but delete Lucina and Richter

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If Shadow is planned as DLC, something tells me that whoever is an AT in Ultimate's base game will not be considered at all for DLC. That is assuming Shadow was intentionally left out in the base game's project plan in the beginning for 2015 with Sakurai planning him as DLC. Though I think such DLC plans would be done in 2017-2018.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Sorry wrong thread.
This reminds me of a couple of texts I sent my mom one time.

It went like this:
Text 1
“Alright, I just put his body in the trunk for now. We’ll have to find a place for it before it starts to smell bad. We’re lucky it’s winter.”

Text 2
“Sorry, wrong number.”

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If Sonic gets a second unique character it better ****ing not be Shadow.
Well, if we're looking at the games, Shadow could have a lot of chaos control powers, and if you wanted to get really crazy, guns. :laugh: Isabelle, on the other hand, is a secretary. I've given up caring or predicting echoes/clones/semi-clones. Nothing is real.

I would prefer Tails as a unique character tho, or old-school Robotnik...

On the topic of Tails and Shadow, if either got in, in an Isabelle situation. It'd be cool for either of them to have a trailer. Like this

The opening segment of this fight in Generations, being for Shadow, have some extra flare.

For Tails, have some epic battle in Spirits mode, showing Sonic facing down Robotnik/Eggman, and then after he beats him, he dives down, and...

Tails saves him, and then goes off with him after they high five and jump out.
One thing I would be disappointed about if Shadow is an echo is not having a kick ass trailer of Sonic/Shadow's first meeting, or a stage in space with Space Colony ARK in the background. Way better than Windy Hill Zone.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I never thought I'd be rooting Verge on....

...but "I Need a Hero" from Shrek is blasting in my head right now as I pray Verge will come back tomorrow having disproved the box theory.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
I know Vergeben is probably legit and seen as a prominent leaker but I can't help but question him after the box leak. Not because it goes against what he originally said but because he changed his statements to match the box leak.

Before the leak he said a SE character might be coming. After the box leak he changed it and tried to insinuate that the character won't be in the base roster. Im sorry but no

I don't expect him to know all of the info but don't just magically throw out a safety net after a potential leak comes up.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I know Vergeben is probably legit and seen as a prominent leaker but I can't help but question him after the box leak. Not because it goes against what he originally said but because he changed his statements to match the box leak.

Before the leak he said a SE character might be coming. After the box leak he changed it and tried to insinuate that the character won't be in the base roster. Im sorry but no

I don't expect him to know all of the info but don't just magically throw out a safety net after a potential leak comes up.
He didn't insinuate such a thing??

Please tell me where he did this?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
:ultdarkpit: Delete.
:ultlucina: Delete.
:ultdaisy: Make her default outfit her Mario Strikers outfit. Have her represent the Mario sports games in her moves.
:ultrichter: Delete.
:ultdarksamus: Make her unplayable due to psychological trauma causing her (it?) to run and jump around everywhere and fire erratically.
This post is more cursed than the Salem Witch Trials.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

Jon from GamExplain has been ridiculously psychic with his last few 'guesses', and he's been agreeing that Incineroar is 'highly likely'.
Would honestly not be surprised.

What other characters has Jon talked about in their direct predictions?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
If Sonic gets a second unique character it better ****ing not be Shadow.
..........or what? Seriously, it isn't that major of an issue.

He'll almost certainly be a semi-clone at the most anyway.

I'm also willing to bet that Shadow will be in the base roster. The box theory isn't influencing my thought process until its confirmed, so yeah.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I never thought I'd be rooting Verge on....

...but "I Need a Hero" from Shrek is blasting in my head right now as I pray Verge will come back tomorrow having disproved the box theory.
God I get down to that song!
Put that in your Smash and smoke it!
I need a hero! “Well....take your pick, Dudrio.”

Would be hype. I give it a 3. Out of 2.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Yeah I was finding that weird myself.

Almost like he was saying that so people would leave him alone lol. Not to farfetched when you think about it.

Shroob

Sup?

He was the guy who brought up Isabelle being unique while the other 3 thought that she'd be an Echo.

Unsure about his stance on Ken.

D

Deleted member

So, any idea on when are we gonna be able to preorder Smash on the eShop?
Nintendo usually puts their preloads up about three to four weeks before release, so probably a week or so after the special edition Switch comes out (Nov. 2nd, I believe?). People will need to be able to use that code, after all, and I don't think they'll make people sit on it for a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It saddens me that people go "It's only Incineroar and Ken left fellas pack it up" when Shadow exists. :redface: If there's one thing I hate the most about the box theory is that people treat it as the final roster and absolutely nobody but the two out of three people Verg mentioned is allowed in.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The Shovel Knight Assist Trophy is today’s blog update!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It saddens me that people go "It's only Incineroar and Ken left fellas pack it up" when Shadow exists. :redface:
Rare to see Ariga full-on expect a character like a lock like this, and I totally agree.
Like...guys.

Why on Earth would Ken make it...Richter make it...and no Shadow Echo to be seen???
Look, I get it, similar things happened with 4, but simple logic adds up to Shadow at this point.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Oh... yeah... He predicted Isabelle Being a new character, and all those FF games coming to the switch... He must have some sources...

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Really?

Hot damn, what else does this magazine know?
Better have box advertisments.

One thing I would be disappointed about if Shadow is an echo is not having a kick *** trailer of Sonic/Shadow's first meeting, or a stage in space with Space Colony ARK in the background. Way better than Windy Hill Zone.
Reminds me of an animation I found the other day. Except it's Green Forest/White Jungle of course.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
On the topic of Shadow, do you folks think we'll be getting echoes as DLC or not?
Maybe a couple like Ribbon Girl as an echo for Spring Man, or any newcomer that can have an echo.

But aside from those, I don’t think we’ll be getting any stand alone ones since they have a lot more time with DLC.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Bias can actually make you believe in a character less. Maybe you're less confident because you don't want to get your hopes up. That's a good mindset to have because then you won't be disappointed. But looking at it objectively, I think this is the most likely scenario.
Luckily I don't expect much when a Direct finally airs, and this seems to have paid off so far.

On the topic of Tails and Shadow, if either got in, in an Isabelle situation. It'd be cool for either of them to have a trailer. Like this

The opening segment of this fight in Generations, being for Shadow, have some extra flare. Which is of course based on SA2, so do some bonus SA2 with it as well.

For Tails, have some epic battle in Spirits mode, showing Sonic facing down Robotnik/Eggman, and then after he beats him, he dives down, and...

Tails saves him, and then goes off with him after they high five and jump out.
Neat idea.

Also, I'd be somewhat okay with Shadow if his large honking motorcycle got put in somehow.

If Shadow is planned as DLC, something tells me that whoever is an AT in Ultimate's base game will not be considered at all for DLC.
That much is a given. I severely doubt the Smash staff would have the programming muscle to remove entire ATs for the sake of DLC promotions, when such effort can be applied elsewhere. Those characters can wait until next time.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
To get back on topic though, try to think of one additional difference you would give each echo fighter. You can only give one.
:ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:
:ultdarkpit:: Give him a staff somewhere in his moveset
:ultlucina:: Perfectly fine as is.
:ultdaisy:: Some of the Daisy fanbase keeps begging for Sakurai for him to make her unique. It's so ****ing dumb, they seem so ungrateful. Deleted forever. I can't enjoy the character.
:ultrichter:: Too early to give you a difference.
:ultchrom:: Perfectly fine. Sakurai stuck true to his word and made Up B Aether.
:ultdarksamus:: Should have been a Semi Clone

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
To be fair, he never out-right stated the other characters were base-roster, either. He was probably just told that the character is in the game, and he just assumes it may be DLC if it's not in the base-game.

edit: I don't recall him exactly applying the DLC statement to the SE character, either (though I guess he could have); he started off mentioning DLC, and ended with SE in the same post.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So, any idea on when are we gonna be able to preorder Smash on the eShop?
I'm guessing when the Smash edition of the Switch console that was announced in the previous direct comes out; it's supposed to come with a download code for Smash Ultimate, even though it comes out before the game itself, so I could see pre-loading being available then.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Rare to see Ariga full-on expect a character like a lock like this, and I totally agree.
Like...guys.

Why on Earth would Ken make it...Richter make it...and no Shadow Echo to be seen???
Look, I get it, similar things happened with 4, but simple logic adds up to Shadow at this point.
Maybe he will. All we have are them dang assumptions floppin’ around everywhere.

Get these appetizers out of my face. I want meat and taters....precious.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean his support with Owain in Warriors already paints him as "the uncle who tries to fit in with his nephew despite not understanding him at all" so at least it'd kind of fit. :p

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
IMG_2315.PNG
Kurogamer did a poll about Incineroar . Sucks for Incineroar; didn't know that many people didn't like him :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It saddens me that people go "It's only Incineroar and Ken left fellas pack it up" when Shadow exists. :redface: If there's one thing I hate the most about the box theory is that people treat it as the final roster and absolutely nobody but the two out of three people Verg mentioned is allowed in.
I mean, his AT hasn't been shown off yet. It's very possible that some of us (myself definitely included) read into things a bit too much.

While I don't really want to speculate on Box Theory anymore (I'm more into discussing DLC and singleplayer mode ideas right now), I will say that ending on Incineroar isn't all too odd to me. What's odd is Ken being the only Echo left...I dunno, it feels weird. I feel like even if Verge is on the money with those two, that there has to be one more Echo with Ken, otherwise why not show him off with Isabelle or the other Echos back in August? Showing just Ken by himself sounds reaaaaalllllyyyy weird, but hey, Nintendo aren't ones for making sense with the things they do (their idea of a hype final newcomer trailer was Duck Hunt, after all).

Inb4 Ken is a semi-clone and the Smash fandom loses it (in a bad way) as a reaction to that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom